• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kain

Next event is a FFVI one, cool, most of my heavy hitters are from VI, so I expect to breeze through the thing.

Now, what to expect of Kefka? Is he good?

I'll try Vossler on probably Wednesday if I feel it is possible to beat without having any useful SB (the nearest thing to useful in this fight is Locke's Mirage drive but I think bringing Locke doesn't leave me with a strong enough party) and/or half a million SL.

My main concern is can I finish off the fight in two charges of SG RW (though I'll probably do what I've been doing most ultimate battles and bring haste and haste RMs) and if not when do I start. The start will be rough without it in any case.

I also have the issue of no natural 5* helm or heavy armour so giving Cecil those defence boosting RM is not possible. In thinking of alternative RM; does innocence work against the *strike abilities (the in-game description say innocence is physical and the *strike hits are NAT)?

tfw you brought Slow instead of Slowga to Vossler and it's 60stam to fix that one small thing
I'd shatter slow as revenge here (
I never made slow in the first place instead choosing to rely on Tidus SB...sometimes as a RW, truely the darkest age that was
). Is there ever going to be a situation where it will get used over slowga or tempo flurry?

Falk

that puzzling face
If I ever need Slow I can re-make one I guess.

p.s. as I mentioned, I had no XII synergy outside of a bunch of 3++s (ehehehe) and a Danjuro.

Had the first SG as the adds died, and 2nd in the bum rush detailed above. Was OK, since Vossler has ++ levels of HP/DEF/RES - Waterja was hitting for 9k, summons for 7-ish and Armor Strike (lol) for 7.7ish.

Of course there would be a special dungeon when I am out of town with friends, haha.

I still managed to artfully use ten Mythril on it through.

I suppose the next few weekends will feature the other orbs?

GordonShumway

Neo Member
OH MY GOD CECIL IS OP

Does CT0 ignore taunt (or actually Cecil's Sentinel)? All I'm seeing is that it hits the character with the highest HP and ignores retaliate, no mention if taunt would work.

I've got Sentinel, SSII and Lunatic High. I think all 3 will stack. Sounds like this will be breeze for me.

Falk

that puzzling face
It ignores taunt. Draw Fire is there for DEF stacking. Or in your case, Sentinel, yeah. Which, when combined with the strategy of setting everyone up for 1/2-2/3 HP, means CT0 is going to chain-hit Cecil and only Cecil since he has about 3k HP leeway before he drops below anyone else. Which gets topped off with a single Curaja.

And it lets you tank phase 1 without blowing SSII early, while the adds are up. (Sentinel will p much ensure you get hit enough for a second SB charge)

GordonShumway

Neo Member
It ignores taunt. Draw Fire is there for DEF stacking. Or in your case, Sentinel, yeah. Which, when combined with the strategy of setting everyone up for 1/2-2/3 HP, means CT0 is going to chain-hit Cecil and only Cecil since he has about 3k HP leeway before he drops below anyone else. Which gets topped off with a single Curaja.

And it lets you tank phase 1 without blowing SSII early, while the adds are up. (Sentinel will p much ensure you get hit enough for a second SB charge)

Fantastic, figured about taunt but wanted to double check. Sounds like I can probably just pick a group slow attack as my RW and I'll be set. Probably won't try it until Wednesday, but I'm not dreading it like I have with the other Ultimates.

Jarekx

Debating just farming Vossler for orbs. I'd really like to have full break r2 and I'm only a couple of MPO off. Can burn him pretty efficiently with my team and can probably make it quicker now that I no longer need to fulfill the medal requirements

MrDaravon

Wow, I literally cannot beat just the regular ++ battle with Tiamat. I think my game is legit broken or something, I'll get my SG wall up then two turns later he does Aeroga which is doing over 3k to all of my party members with SG up. It's happened on two separate S/L's now, and I even tried quitting out and coming back in and it's still happening.

What in the actual fuck?

Edit: I'm gonna have to burn a shitload of mythril on this for Phoenix bonuses or something. I have never been so angry at this game, I literally do not understand. With SG and Shellga up he is doing Breath for over 2k and Aeroga for over 3k to my entire party. Everyone is 65-80, and this is the same party I always use including the + battle I just breezed through. I'm legitimately thinking about uninstalling and re-installing the app, something is not right. Even using a FFXII weapon and Advance + Retaliate with Full Break and Armor Breakdown (I know he Resists both) Cloud is barely cracking 5k a shot, usually on the +/++ battles I'd be doing at least 7k minimum under comparable circumstances. I don't understand what's happening here.

Jyrii

Banned
Second try against Vossler. I got his health down to 1/5, but couldn't really deal any good dmg at that point.

Gonna swich my skills a bit, and maybe take Hand of the Emperor instead of Lunatic High RW

Jyrii

Banned
Even using a FFXII weapon and Advance + Retaliate with Full Break and Armor Breakdown (I know he Resists both) Cloud is barely cracking 5k a shot, usually on the +/++ battles I'd be doing at least 7k minimum under comparable circumstances.

My cloud did the same dmg, so that is normal at least.

Don't know about the Aeroga thing, I think I didn't get hit with it ever.

Wow, Vossler was by far the hardest of the ultimates for me. party below.

fxrUPlpl.jpg

Yikes, why is this image blowing up to a full page? I dropped the [/img] part for now
edit: ahahahaha i can edit your posts now u noob, fixed - falk

Galuf as RW used on Cloud.

Native 5 star relics-heavy armor and musk stick
4++ axe
4++sword
4+hammer
5 Musk Stick
3++staff

Barrage only r1
Armor Strike is the hero, r4, does 9999 damage when wall and protecga are up, 7600 otherwise
meteor r3 to take out the soldiers mainly, ashe otherwise on dispel duty, waiting to use immediately when vossler hastes.
Only non default sb used was Yshtola's SSII

mistakes in this build: mittens were unusued entirely, instead Vaan's default break did around 5k damage per use for me, used twice at the end to seal the victory
Musk stick-didn't use the heal at all, when I used it in previous attempts it would get ysthola too close to her max and get her smacked, should have used a 4++ empyrean rod to up the meteor damage and drop the mako might for devotion

So many s/ls due to someone dying before any mitigation up, mistiming of the rw, the aoe magic of the guards hitting right after a vossler aoe. very painful.

TMI: [
my 7 month old was asleep on me during the successful run so I was playing one-handed. she had a massive wet crap right when vossler was down to about 20%, I was not about to pause and risk a restart, so I powered through, thankfully the diaper held true much like cloud using the galuf rw and I too survived unscathed.

Falk

that puzzling face
Wow, I literally cannot beat just the regular ++ battle with Tiamat. I think my game is legit broken or something, I'll get my SG wall up then two turns later he does Aeroga which is doing over 3k to all of my party members with SG up. It's happened on two separate S/L's now, and I even tried quitting out and coming back in and it's still happening.

What in the actual fuck?

Edit: I'm gonna have to burn a shitload of mythril on this for Phoenix bonuses or something. I have never been so angry at this game, I literally do not understand. With SG and Shellga up he is doing Breath for over 2k and Aeroga for over 3k to my entire party. Everyone is 65-80, and this is the same party I always use including the + battle I just breezed through. I'm legitimately thinking about uninstalling and re-installing the app, something is not right. Even using a FFXII weapon and Advance + Retaliate with Full Break and Armor Breakdown (I know he Resists both) Cloud is barely cracking 5k a shot, usually on the +/++ battles I'd be doing at least 7k minimum under comparable circumstances. I don't understand what's happening here.

Tiamat's got higher DEF than normal, FWIW. Not Seifer levels, but enough that 7k->5k is expected range.

No idea about Aeroga/etc doing that much damage.

MicH

With Vossler's Gauntlet and the many +20 ATK accessories I've finally sold all my +15 ATK accessories. The +3 extra ATK with synergy versus a 20 ATK accessory without synergy is just not worth the inventory slot cost . I got 20 extra inventory slots for selling them! No regrets!

EDIT I'm probably gonna do the same for MAG and MND accessories too.

Balphon

Vossler look me about 45 min of S/L due to his uncanny ability to Reflect himself right before Krile nuked him, but I managed to squeak by with mastery about a second before losing for the second straight event.

I really should stop making a habit of this.

Jyrii

Banned
Oh god. Got Vossler's HP so down that the bar wasn't even visible anymore. Would have needed just one more hit, but then he AoE hit my 3 remaining party members.

I thought triple hit was unfair and then he started using quad hit.

ZangBa

Does P.Cecil's Sentinel SB increase defense as well as draw fire, or just draw fire?. The shield says both, but the SB doesn't.

With Vossler's Gauntlet and the many +20 ATK accessories I've finally sold all my +15 ATK accessories. The +3 extra ATK with synergy versus a 20 ATK accessory without synergy is just not worth the inventory slot cost . I got 20 extra inventory slots for selling them! No regrets!

Ya know what? I'm going to do the same. Gonna feel great to dump them lol

Falk

that puzzling face
Does P.Cecil's Sentinel SB increase defense as well as draw fire, or just draw fire?. The shield says both, but the SB doesn't.

Increases DEF by 200%.

Also whoaaaa nelly, doing a post mortem of Vossler for mathcrafting, I just realized/remembered that Rampart and Wall overwrite each other. Meaning had my Rampart gone off after Wall I wouldn't have beat Vossler and probably be left scratching my head as to why, heh.

The min-max in me wouldn't have allowed this, BUT there are plenty of accessories that give 3 less ATK but more DEF or RES (ty ultimates) which is a tradeoff I'm willing to make and sealed the deal for me some time back.

ZangBa

Thanks, guys. Should have been more clear on the SB, but whatever. I'll take Banishing Strike over Draw Fire, I think.

WarAdept

U Vossler is bullshittttttttttttt.

I've had 2 attempts on Vossler proper, been S/L for 2hrs because someone always dies when the adds are up. Trying the Unyielding Fist strat, because if I bring SG/SSII, there's no way I have enough damage to kill him.

MrDaravon

I wound up having to have two people with Stop casting Stop on Tiamat constantly in order to beat it, Aeroga and Breath were still hitting for obscene amounts with SG + Shellga up. Have no idea, pretty unhappy right now though -_-

broz0rs

my 7 month old was asleep on me during the successful run so I was playing one-handed. she had a massive wet crap right when vossler was down to about 20%, I was not about to pause and risk a restart, so I powered through, thankfully the diaper held true much like cloud using the galuf rw and I too survived unscathed.

what brand diaper are you using for your kid? asking for a friend

Kouriozan

I have a friend that's going to burn all his mythril for Kefka's weapon and Terra's SSB

I will pray for his soul.
Wish him all the luck!
Might pull once, gotta keep most of my mythrils for SSSSB fest.

Edit : Got Magus Rod (VI) for 100 gems, for once I'm happy with the result.

Balphon

The opening blurb says Kefka is "The emperor of Gestahl."

One of these days they will actually do the research. It can't take that long.

Noi

Not as bad as when Thancred was a Seeker of the Sun, the same race as Y'shtola.

Edit: 3* Lamia's Tiara (V) on my gem pull.

wooooooooo

Decided to do a 3 pull cause I like to gamble apparently. Got Edgars Drill. Should I be excited?

Is it pretty much protectga with an added attack? Doesnt stack with it or anything right? The weapon has defense to it which is kinda neat

Xetherion

Decided to do a 3 pull cause I like to gamble apparently. Got Edgars Drill. Should I be excited?

Is it pretty much protectga with an added attack? Doesnt stack with it or anything right? The weapon has defense to it which is kinda neat

It's not protectga, it's a 50% DEF buff, so it does stack with protectga and Walls. Does not stack with other DEF-only buffs like... i'm having trouble remembering what other abilities/SB's give DEF buffs... Steal Defense i guess?

It's not protectga, it's a 50% DEF buff, so it does stack with protectga and Walls. Does not stack with other DEF-only buffs like... i'm having trouble remembering what other abilities/SB's give DEF buffs... Steal Defense i guess?

Ah, thats pretty cool then. So if I went crazy and used his relic + protectga + a wall, I could be impervious to physical damage? Could come in handy sometime, heh

Maybe I could build a team of armor strike users with this :p

WarAdept

Xetherion

Ah, thats pretty cool then. So if I went crazy and used his relic + protectga + a wall, I could be impervious to physical damage? Could come in handy sometime, heh

50% DEF buff isn't huge, but it's not insignificant either. Protectga is 100% DEF buff for reference, it just has its own status ID which is why it stacks with other DEF buffs. However, yes if you stack all 3 physical damage will be greatly reduced. Even moreso if you throw in power breakdown or steal power.

Kouriozan

How could they mess this one, the emperor is a dog!
at least his sprite is :p
At least the French translation got this right.

100 mythril spent -- Thief's Bracer (not bad: I was underwhelmed by the Bard's Bracer when I pulled that one, but this is another all-purpose item); Assassin's Knife; and ... two Maduin's Horns. Terra best girl confirmed. Not sure if I should combine them.

Balphon

The Terra event banner description describes the Magus Rod shared SB as doing something other than what it actually does.

Free mythril ahoy.

MrDaravon

3* on my 100-gem pull, par for the course.

Did 2 3-pulls though and got real good luck in my typical backhanded way; I didn't get the one item I wanted more than anything (Terra's Rod, she's my bae and always in my party) but I did get Lamia's Flute (Kefka), Drill (Edgar) and the Emerald Shield (FFX Shared). The shield is whatever and FFX is one of two or three realms I actually have decent armor RS in so that's a wash but I'll take it I guess. Drill seems solid, I don't use Edgar but that's at least a decent pull. Super bummed I didn't get Maduin's Horn but the Flute is a solid consolation prize. Is Kefka and/or this SB any good?

Balphon

3* on my 100-gem pull, par for the course.

Did 2 3-pulls though and got real good luck in my typical backhanded way; I didn't get the one item I wanted more than anything (Terra's Rod, she's my bae and always in my party) but I did get Lamia's Flute (Kefka), Drill (Edgar) and the Emerald Shield (FFX Shared). The shield is whatever and FFX is one of two or three realms I actually have decent armor RS in so that's a wash but I'll take it I guess. Drill seems solid, I don't use Edgar but that's at least a decent pull. Super bummed I didn't get Maduin's Horn but the Flute is a solid consolation prize. Is Kefka and/or this SB any good?

His stats are pretty meh (closest analogue is probably Reno), but his dancer/bard is kinda nice I guess. The flute SB is also okay to good, though it gets outshone by the one from his cape (basically a weaker, magic version of Scream).

Drill may be helpful in places since there are actually fairly few buffs that are just +DEF, so it will stack with most things (i.e. Protect, Wall, Draw Fire).

Though if it makes you feel any better you got about as many 5*s out of that 30 mythril as I have from my last 200 or so.

Grzi

Did a 100 Gem pull and I got a Magus Rod (VI). ANOTHER shared SB. Not even mad anymore, it's whatever.
Still, I got kind of excited when the pot started shaking, I'd have loved it if Terra's SSB was my first one.
Did teo more dingle pulls, nothing. :(

MrDaravon

His stats are pretty meh (closest analogue is probably Reno), but his dancer/bard is kinda nice I guess. The flute SB is also okay to good, though it gets outshone by the one from his cape (basically a weaker, magic version of Scream).

Drill may be helpful in places since there are actually fairly few buffs that are just +DEF, so it will stack with most things (i.e. Protect, Wall, Draw Fire).

Though if it makes you feel any better you got about as many 5*s out of that 30 mythril as I have from my last 200 or so.

Yeah I have had crazy luck the last few weeks with pulling 5*'s, but almost all of them have been garbage or not what I wanted. I still can't fucking believe I pulled back to back Pinwheels on both FF9 banners lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom