• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balphon

Yeah I have had crazy luck the last few weeks with pulling 5*'s, but almost all of them have been garbage or not what I wanted. I still can't fucking believe I pulled back to back Pinwheels on both FF9 banners lol.

About how I felt when I pulled Firion's axe.

He may never get his MC1 at the rate we're going.

Negator

Wish him all the luck!
Might pull once, gotta keep most of my mythrils for SSSSB fest.

An 11 pull got him 2x Kefka Flute. he's pretty stoked lol

Edit: wtf is this shit!
Vote Yuna for must useful relic!

iyHbwop.jpg

None of those accessories seem all that great.

However, Yuna's does seem to be the best since we can't reduce Holy damage w/ Magic Breakdown, Earth is rarely used and there already is a +ATK w/ Lightning Resist accessory.

Balphon

I'd agree that Yuna's relic is probably the most useful of those, but not by much.

Also, that promotion is creepy as shit.

So I'm looking at my Mythril budget going into the SSB Fest banners.

I haven't done Terra's event yet, so I have 3 events (Terra, Exdeath, Jecht) before SSSSB Fest starts (if we go in order). That's 30 Mythril there. Then 18 dailies (if we average 6 days between events) + the above mentioned Valentines 3 = 51. We should hopefully get Dungeon Update 19 before then for another 18 Mythril. That's now 69. If we get 3 more weeks of 2 type Weekend Orb Fests, that's another 30 to add for 99.

I'll likely only be able to do four 11-pulls, since I currently have 118 Mythril.

Grzi

At 40 mythril right now (lol) I'm doing an 11 pull on the BSSB banner and nothing but single pulls on the rest. That's including 100 gem pulls on every banner, probably another 30 or 60 bucks on the BSSB banner. I know I'm not getting SHIT, but I don't care anymore.
After trying out other gacha games this one seems so unfair though, it's depressing.

At 40 mythril right now (lol) I'm doing an 11 pull on the BSSB banner and nothing but single pulls on the rest. That's including 100 gem pulls on every banner, probably another 30 or 60 bucks on the BSSB banner. I know I'm not getting SHIT, but I don't care anymore.
After trying out other gacha games this one seems so unfair though, it's depressing.
Do you mean the Cloud BSSB banner that comes after the SSSSB Fest?

The opening blurb says Kefka is "The emperor of Gestahl."

One of these days they will actually do the research. It can't take that long.
In case they fix it (like they did for Red Tidus...compared to DeNA server) this is what it looked like:
pwViQBdl.jpg

General, emperor whats the difference?

Edit:
FFRK Betrayal - Vossler (Ultimate) No Unique Soul Breaks F2P
I'll have to try and adapt this. Interesting thing to note is Cecil can use rampart near the start for defence during that part of the fight. I had not thought of doing that.

MicH

So I'm looking at my Mythril budget going into the SSB Fest banners.

I haven't done Terra's event yet, so I have 3 events (Terra, Exdeath, Jecht) before SSSSB Fest starts (if we go in order). That's 30 Mythril there. Then 18 dailies (if we average 6 days between events) + the above mentioned Valentines 3 = 51. We should hopefully get Dungeon Update 19 before then for another 18 Mythril. That's now 69. If we get 3 more weeks of 2 type Weekend Orb Fests, that's another 30 to add for 99.

I'll likely only be able to do four 11-pulls, since I currently have 118 Mythril.
The SSSSB celebration is not happening until the anniversary, we're just ahead event-wise because DeNA keeps skipping collaboration events. It'll probably come right around the time we get the FFT event, so there's another month to accumulate mythril

Dragner

2 50 mythril pull and got my first SSB (maduins horn) holy lance and Crystal Mail. Not bad at all. Although I dont have Mog :(.

Edit: Oh. Im idiot. Just noticed theres a mog quest to unlock it. Still no MC for him sucks would love to use him in my party that is heavy physical.

MrDaravon

Just woke up, realized that the Lamia's Flute is a Harp and not a Rod. So pissed off now lol.

I really really really want Maduin's Horn, but I'm already down to ~160 Mythril and I want to stock up for SSB and FFT banners. Also Maduin's Horn will return during SSBfest along with much better items on the same banner so it might make it harder to get this specific one but anything else I pull will probably be much more useful.

I'm gonna regret saying this, but I wish we somehow had a way to pay money to get a specific item. All I want is this weapon for my favorite character ;_;

Vote Rinoa, she's actually from a good FF

so it begins

Terra's new magiteck soul break looks really cool, but there's no way I'm spending any mythril this close to a festival. I will use some to make sure I can acquire her MC2.

156 mythril and no more to claim from the terra event. Holding out to make a run at festival banners. Zero ssbs to my name but plenty of 5 star relics to bolster attacks, just need two good hard hitting ones to get on track with the life siphon strategy.

Falk

that puzzling face
Holy resist sounds good ON PAPER since you can't magic break, but on the other hand, encounters are usually tuned with that in mind (see: Beatrix)

And as an addendum Lightning resist would also be just as useful on Beatrix. Heh.

Xetherion

The Terra event banner description describes the Magus Rod shared SB as doing something other than what it actually does.

Free mythril ahoy.

Thank you for this heads up. Last time they did this they refunded everyone who pulled half the price of whatever pull they did right? Might just do a 50 mythril pull after all.

2 50 mythril pull and got my first SSB (maduins horn) holy lance and Crystal Mail. Not bad at all. Although I dont have Mog :(.

Edit: Oh. Im idiot. Just noticed theres a mog quest to unlock it. Still no MC for him sucks would love to use him in my party that is heavy physical.

You lucky bastard. I burned 150 mythril last night for Crystal Mail, Assassin's Knife, and Gaia Gear. Thankfully my VI synergy is stupid, my Kaiser Knuckles are augmented, Celes and Terra both have unique SB gear and...Edgar is just kind of there.

Level 80 Cecil still in the lead though, tanking and dropping Protectga/Shellga as always.

ZangBa

I finally did it. If I didn't double cut Cecil twice with my butterfingers, I probably would have mastered it, but I'm happy enough to just complete it for my sanity's sake. Shoutout to Golbez making it possible.

Xetherion

Thank you for this heads up. Last time they did this they refunded everyone who pulled half the price of whatever pull they did right? Might just do a 50 mythril pull after all.

Bah, only got one 5* for my 11 pull, a Crystal Mail. And i've already got a 4*++ Diamond Armor that gives 20 more DEF with RS than the Crystal Mail. However, it does have the Provoke SB that is basically Draw Fire, so now i can have Sephiroth as my Tauntaliator instead of Gilgamesh i guess.

Kenai

Was really hoping for Terra's SSB, but getting Holy Lance (I CAN FINALLY USE MOG YAAASS) Magus Rod and Thief's Bracer is a nice compromise. Terra's is on the Celebration Banner anyway so I will get another shot at that, Holy Lance not so much.

Also super lttp but grats on your mod status Falk!

Oh man that would be real, real nice for me considering I blew just about all my mythril on this one (I love FFVI though, no regrets).

100 Gems = Mog's Holy Lance.

How does Sunbath compare to Planet Protector? Would it be as useful on a Lifesiphon team?

It does less of a boost (30% vs 50%) but it may be worth it regardless. For your specific set up since he can use Spears he will hit decently hard with those on the front line after his boost vs Aerith (though on the front line he will take physical harder, he is a bit beefier than most 5* healers, Aerith included).

I also like it because the heavy regen means I will be able to use Curaga instead of Renewing Cure most of the time which will help make up for the difference in MND since his is on the low side of the "healer" spectrum (and of course I can further augment Holy Lance's MND to mitigate the difference even more).

Attempted Ultimate Vossler.

Cecil w/Draw Fire+protectga+SG is taking 800 damage from each *strike. With that kind of damage it's simply not going to happen. 60 stamina wasted and the bitter feeling I'll have to cough up greens in a few months time for the gauntlets (which BTW I think is an awesome thing especially as I will be missing a few events in the future).

I did manage to get him to 40% health though in only 4 SL (all of which were guard related the first of which was them both using the water attack on turn 3 which had I not closed the app most certainly would have killed the party)

Jyrii

Banned

Cecil w/Draw Fire+protectga+SG is taking 800 damage from each *strike. With that kind of damage it's simply not going to happen. 60 stamina wasted and the bitter feeling I'll have to cough up greens in a few months time for the gauntlets.

Yeah I think I'm gonna stop trying to win him also. I almost killed him yesterday, but got shafted before my last attack hit.

greyshark

Cecil w/Draw Fire+protectga+SG is taking 800 damage from each *strike. With that kind of damage it's simply not going to happen. 60 stamina wasted and the bitter feeling I'll have to cough up greens in a few months time for the gauntlets (which BTW I think is an awesome thing especially as I will be missing a few events in the future).

I did manage to get him to 40% health though in only 4 SL (all of which were guard related the first of which was them both using the water attack on turn 3 which had I not closed the app most certainly would have killed the party)

Did you try adding Steal Power or Power Breakdown?

Did you try adding Steal Power or Power Breakdown?
Yep I am using power breakdown but not full break as I felt boost was my only hope for damage and 4 uses of full break won't last either. My Cecil isn't level 80 and my best defence gear in FFXII is the light armour from the events. I was sub 300 defence which I think is really the problem here.

Is there a list of what stacks (and doesn't stack) with what? For instance, doest Power Break + Power Breakdown/Full Break + Steal Power stack, and can be mitigated with Heroic Harmony + SG/SSII + Protectga?
General rule of thumb is single stats overwrite each other while multi stat can stack with single stat but multi stat can overwrite each other. A few quick examples:
Rampart overwrites SG/SS2 (bad life choice here, I found out on Ultimate Barthandurrs)
Magic Shield stacks with SG/SS2 (Celes is like secret best default SB)
Power Break, Steal Power, Power Breakdown all overwrite (well not the attack boost on the steal power user obviously :p)

Or to be more technical if the status ID is the same it gets overwritten or is it the ID+effect, I can't remember. For a full (or near enough) table of abilities here and soul breaks here.

Balphon

Is there a list of what stacks (and doesn't stack) with what? For instance, doest Power Break + Power Breakdown/Full Break + Steal Power stack, and can be mitigated with Heroic Harmony + SG/SSII + Protectga?

There are lists, but the general rule is that buffs/debuffs that affect the same set of stats do not stack. The chief exceptions to that rule are Protect and Shell (and I believe Advance), which stack with everything.

Power Break, Power Breakdown, and Steal Power all only modify attack and do not stack. Full Break modifies all 4 main stats at once and therefore stacks with most other effects. Heroic Harmony is ATK and MAG sinultaneously and will likewise stack with both of the above.

greyshark

Yep I am using power breakdown but not full break as I felt boost was my only hope for damage and 4 uses of full break won't last either. My Cecil isn't level 80 and my best defence gear in FFXII is the light armour from the events. I was sub 300 defence which I think is really the problem here.

Could always try Full Break and delay using it until the end of the fight (triplestrike/quadstrike phases) - I can't imagine that the fight's tuned to need a hard 300+ DEF to win.

EDIT: Oh yeah, what about Steal Defense? Although that would require using someone other than Cecil.

I kinda want to make a 5* ability for fun lol
I don't really need to but i haven't really been doing anything with my orbs since i've been able to clear all the content without too much trouble.
What do you guys think I should make? Flare? Holy?
I have Full Break R2 and Odin R1

MicH

I kinda want to make a 5* ability for fun lol
I don't really need to but i haven't really been doing anything with my orbs since i've been able to clear all the content without too much trouble.
What do you guys think I should make? Flare? Holy?
I have Full Break R2 and Odin R1
There are a lot of far better 5* abilities coming relatively soon. None of those are worth it, though Meteor is probably the best 5* BLM ability if your interested in that

WarAdept

I'm sitting at 51 MBO. As far as I can read, Black Magic is in a state of decay in Japan and it's already starting in Global since Lifesiphon and good SSB's have come out.

Still worth crafting Meteor? Or has there been plans to fix Black Magic to hold out on these orbs?

Hmm seems I might have been wrong about Vossler I do take 300 damage a hit if I have Draw fire+SG+protect but I have the problem where the rest of my party is too frail to safely get to a HP point where there is a buffer zone between them and Cecil. Especially my healer. Also the timing on all those abilities is a pain in the ass.

Without boost Cloud is doing 2400 damage which is pathetic. Steal defence isn't going to help due to losing Draw Fire or being Tyro (which brings its own problems of no room for haste...).

I'm not finding the mechanics fun. While it might be possible to scrape a win. Fuck it, I'm out. In other words I'm at the same point I was 90 minutes ago (disclaimer: I didn't play for 90 minutes, I decided to do 2 mores attempts) and even prior to Exdeath in the thought that ultimate is for gacha RNG blessed people or whales. I wouldn't care if it cost 1 stamina like Ultimate+ and abyss does (as that is encouraging attempts rather than 60 stamina where the game gets to laugh in your face because every time you try to get a useful SB the RNG gives you something else).

Edit: One shotting enemies w/~6000HP with pride of the red wings is never going to stop being amusing. Seeing the HP bar drop at about 15% then instantly go to zero.

ultra7k

After much frustration with Vossler U, I finally managed to master the fight.
Probably spent the better part of Sunday and Monday trying this fight, spending all stamina available on it. To date, I'd say this was the ultimate fight that gave me the most trouble, despite having pretty good XII synergy.

I'd get within 10-15% and then die which was super frustrating, I just couldn't muster enough DPS or keep the heals up on my tank or whatever. My first crack at this attempt was to use Advance on Lightning, and have her spam Crushing Blow. It worked well until the final phase when he one shotted her...I went to the drawing board and tried a few different strategies. I tried tanking, tauntilate, SG/SSII, healing, etc.

Ultimately, here's what I went with. Obviously this is dependent on your XII synergy and SBs I suppose. This set up was inspired by a No-Heal run I saw on YouTube.

This required: Crushing Blow, Sentinal's Grimoire, Boon

Took 4 S/L to get the optimal run, but it ended up working pretty well. Mastered with no deaths.

Lightning - Lifesiphon R3/ Drain Strike R3 / RM - Ace Striker
Sephiroth - Yukikaze R3/ Armor Break R4 - RM Dragoon's Determination
Tyro - Tempo Flurry R2 / Protectga - RM Dr. Mog's Teachings
Sazh - Full Break R2 / Power Breakdown R2 - RM Mako Might
Ashe - Dispel R3 / Ruinga R2 - RM Witch of Succession

RW - Galuf - Unyielding fist

XII gear used: Gungir, Platinum Dagger (4++), Loxley Bow, some 3++ Staff, Viking Coat.

Basic premise, Build up Lightning's SSB until you have three charges, cast Unyielding fist, and spam that SSB! If Lightning's health gets lower than others, switch to Drain Strike to make her the target for Vossler's phases.

Basically relied on Ashe/Sephiroth to do AOE damage to the guards while Lightning built up her gauge. Sazh's 1st turn should be applying power break down to Vossler, and Tyro casts Protectga.
Lightning was hitting for around 4k, Ashe 5k, Sephiroth 3.5k

Once guards are down, re-apply all mitigation. Begin hammering away at Vossler, and drop a SG just before he hits the first phase, then blast him with dispel.

Sephrioth switches to Armor Break, which hits for about 6k.

Once Ashe runs out of Ruinga, get her to defend until dispel is needed. (Remember, defend is active until you select the next command)

Sazh was mitigating and re-casting Boon when available.

Tyro was hitting with Tempo Flurry 1.1k each hit, and re-casting Protectga as needed.

Once Vossler activates mad mode and is dispelled for the first time, Lightning should use the RW for Unyielding Fist, and start spamming Crushing Blow. Each hit for Crushing Blow landed about 6.6k, with crits hitting for 9999.

This should take him down pretty quickly, just be sure to keep mitigation up as much as possible. i only had to use the RW once before he died. If I remember correctly, it took about 4 Crushing blows to take him down.

I know this is quite specific, but perhaps it might give you some ideas. Good luck!

WarAdept

My Vossler U ended with me desperately spamming auto attacks with a dwindling timer on Vann buffed with Unyielding Fist.

And people want to farm this for a chance of MPO? Fuck that noise.

ZangBa

I think Vossler is a fight that would be much easier with a native wall, to a point where it would be pretty easy to farm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom