• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I think one of the major problems besides the rng on vossler is overhealing the non tanks. In retrospect, I would have swapped curaja for curaga just to be able to give a bit of hp to the non tanks and not top them out only to get whacked. The aoe heal from the musk stick I never used bc of the danger of to,much healing.

B.K.

I've got enough orbs to create Meteor. I don't think I have enough to hone it, but I can make it. Is it work making if it's only going to be R1?

Remember that 6 months (or 5, really) is a long time.

Heck, 5 months ago we were still waiting for our first orbfest.

Yes it is. I just hate the idea of spending 5 months worth of mythril on a banner and getting nothing of use. (At this point in the game nothing of use is anything that's not a SSB or BSSB)

You're talking to Mr 1/44.

I know it can happen :V

But I think both you and I managed to acquire the holy trinity right?- Party heal, our own Wall, and a hasteaga. With the next phase of the end game needing super powered soul breaks, will we get lucky enough to be well equipped again?

Falk

that puzzling face
I have neither hastega nor aoe shell/protect shared SBs, so I'm down that.

I don't really care about those though, I could use some offensive SSBs because I got a taste with just Zidane's regular 5* SB.

Honestly, looking through some of these Ultimate+s, I'm secretly hoping I go in severely undergeared since they're all 1 stam and I love tinkering around with setups to find shit that works when they shouldn't.

I have neither hastega nor aoe shell/protect shared SBs, so I'm down that.

I don't really care about those though, I could use some offensive SSBs because I got a taste with just Zidane's regular 5* SB.

Honestly, looking through some of these Ultimate+s, I'm secretly hoping I go in severely undergeared since they're all 1 stam and I love tinkering around with setups to find shit that works when they shouldn't.

That's cool the upcoming hardest difficulties are 1 stamina. I won't feel obligated to use what everyone says to bring on the forums.

I wouldn't want to waste precious hours of stamina build up on botched party setups.

MicH

If you're worried about not getting any (B)SSBs I would not pull on any banners other than celebration banners to get the highest chance of getting something. Especially now that there won't be any non-character specific relics on future celebration banners

If you're worried about not getting any (B)SSBs I would not pull on any banners other than celebration banners to get the highest chance of getting something. Especially now that there won't be any non-character specific relics on future celebration banners

Thats actually what I'm thinking of doing. However both the upcoming Cloud BSSB and FFTactics banners are another priority for me. I use Cloud 90% of the time for Advance Retaliate crap so he is my highest Soul Break bar earner. If I had an amazing Soul Break like that BSSB one to go along with what I use him for I'd be golden. His default soul break is super worthless and it's all I have for him to use.

The Tactics banner I'm sure everyone knows about. Almost every relic I've seen on there looks really useful.

WarAdept

Who is y'all's favorite White Mage to use?

Generally for most content, I'll just use the resident RS White Mage in the realm. I have a good amount of Mind Sticks so I'll just slap Curaga/Mitigation and call it a day.

When it comes to Ultimates or super hard content where it necessitates the need for a Trinity, then Eiko. I have her Golem Flute.

ZangBa

I'd definitely wait to spend Mythril on Tactics or BSSB celebration banners, and skip everything until then. The XII banner with Basch's shield is super good, too. I'm a couple months into my Japan account and I've done mostly 3 pulls, I have pretty much everything I wanted, lol. The items in the future are just so, so much better than what we are getting now, and in higher quantities as well. Honestly, depending what our next SSB celebration brings, I'd probably skip those banners, too.

So, how good is Scream? Should I save up all my Mythril and unload it on the Tactic Banner?

I prefer using scream as an rw, but I don't have a native copy of it. So I wouldn't be too upset if you don't nab it. I love Agrias' ssb, however. 4 hit AOE attack + silence + paralyze. Very useful to drop those abilities when they're required for medals, or when the boss is susceptible

LucaMac

I prefer using scream as an rw, but I don't have a native copy of it. So I wouldn't be too upset if you don't nab it. I love Agrias' ssb, however. 4 hit AOE attack + silence + paralyze. Very useful to drop those abilities when they're required for medals, or when the boss is susceptible

Yea Ive Wakkas SSB. Does poison and blind (and something else I think) and the proc is 100% if the target is susceptible. He's my go to suport guy now although I only have him to 56ish. Just drew Kains spear too and unsure if I'll use him. Fairly kitted out at the moment. I've a native hastaga (Zacks SSB) and I more often than not leave him behind and take scream as a RW. It's just easier and boosts Cloud and the gang. As useful as it may be as a native relic, using it as a RW seems a better option if you've your own wall, as anybody can drop it and you can have a damaging support user like wakka as mentioned who will get the boost for it too.

Kenai

Who is y'all's favorite White Mage to use? I've been using Vanille since I needed her for the XIII event, but it looks like Yuna is getting her MC2 soon. Should I switch to her?

As far as healing goes, I have that all-team heal SB from Christmas, and I have Selphie's SB Trabia's Light.

I used Yshtola quite a bit since I get her robe (twice), she'd probably have been my go-to for everything if I had pulled Thyrus too.

I got Selphie's SB back during an event but don't use her all that much, she's still 50.

Using Mog currently since I got his Holy Lance, I cannot stress how useful that SB is (even if Dancer abilities are still mediocre at best, hope that changes someday soon).

If i didn't have any unique SBs at all I'd probably be using Lenna or Eiko since both of their default SBs are pretty good (and Lenna has the whole 80 level cap thing going for her).

broz0rs

This is game is so much more enjoyable when you cut off the nostalgia. Although that belief will be put to the test when the FFT banner rolls around lol

This is game is so much more enjoyable when you cut off the nostalgia. Although that belief will be put to the test when the FFT banner rolls around lol

When you cut it off? Dude the nostalgia is the only reason I even started to play and still do! If this wasn't final fantasy I wouldn't be here.

Finally!

XiRhNYTl.png

Man i'm so glad I cleaned up my rant about artificial difficulty yesterday. I made a few changes to my party and realised that for the past two days I had been attempting it without a weapon or armor on Y'Shtola. Fucking moron am I?!

Needless to say after amending that, honing a few extra abilities (RIP Major Power Orbs) and min-maxing my gear slots he went down on second attempt with Bartz death at the dying seconds the only tarnish on an otherwise pretty flawless kill.

That said, i'd still rate this as the most difficult Ultimate so far as even when I fixed my brain I still had to min-max my gear and do some specific hones to get him down.

friz898

tl;dr; What are considered "maxing/beating" the game?

I realize, like an MMO, it can never be beaten, it continuously updates.

That being said...As I continue to play the hell out of my first phone game (short of jetpak joyride and angry birds)...I'm trying to make sure that I understand what I'm striving for....

1. All Spells maxed.
2. All chars level 80, 65, or 50 depending on Memory Crystal. (all chars collected too of course)
3. All dungeons complete both Classic and Elite.

Short of "all items, weapons, gear" etc, like a super-mega completionist which, in this game, almost forces you to spend money for that .00001 chance of some one item, you'll never use, but you have "1 of everything".

What do you guys consider to be the end of the game aside from something brand new. Each two weeks or so, they give an event or new stuff, to me, that's no different than a patch on an MMO.

I'm curious what you guys think.

Me personally?

I have maxed all spells rarity 1 and 2 (for collectors sake) and I'm a few rank-5's short of all rarity 3 spells. To include summons.

I am not too close to having all chars. Simply because I did not start until Oct 2015.

I have beat all classic dungeons, but I've hit a wall (earlier post) on elite dungeons 100+.

Every event that comes out, i can always go to 90/99, but then those bonus battles? Havent beatem a single one yet.

Thanks replies. I have pretty decent gear/synergy, but I have spent about $250 (first time IAP, and feeling so guilty) since Oct 2015. So like when there was 10-20 posts about ff9 synergy, shoot..i had it. But course IAP is like sorta-cheating so.. <shrug>

But ya.

friz898

When you cut it off? Dude the nostalgia is the only reason I even started to play and still do! If this wasn't final fantasy I wouldn't be here.

Ya, it's unfair and unfortunate, but if this was called "Cool dudes rpg" with chars named Jason and Derrik.. same evertyhing, and was called "Blaze 1" and "Smoker-tech" or something...

I wouldn't even play it. I grew up with FF1 on NES when I asked for Dragon Warrior and they got the wrong game (I was 10/11).

Never looked back since.

Grzi

There's no way to "complete" this game, but that's the point, no need to stress yourself about it. I don't know why anyone would keep the 1* abilities though.
How are you not close to having all of the characters? I started playing December 26th and I'm missing only six characters - Firion, Locke, the FXIV duo, Seifer and Warrior (what's up with that guy lol). Permanent Vale of Memories coming soon though, so that will be fixed.

Anyone know if we'll get the Accessory of Light event? There's no reason to skip it, right?

friz898

I don't know how mahy I'm missing, but the main one I hear in this thread that I don't have, is the y'shotoa (butchered the name) haler from 14, and I don't have her. I only have Thancred.

Maybe she is all I'm missing. <shurg>

greyshark

Vossler mastered - not having a native wall hurt my setup. I tried to tank phase 1 with just draw fire and Protectga - this meant that I couldn't take more than one AoE without someone dying. Combine that with Tempo Flurry not always proc'ing and I had a TON of S/L's just getting out of P1. Saving my SG cast for partway through P2 really helped though - no question I would still have Wall up during P3/P4. Wasn't always careful with HP management which led to a non Cecil getting one-shotted (and S/L). In my victory run I was so afraid of healing someone past Cecil I stopped healing anyone other than him - this led to a pretty nerve wracking P4. But I made it - on to Terra!

I breezed through this FFVI event. I feel like FFVI equipment is just a lot more plentiful than some of the other games. Anticipating a brutal few bonus stages though for that MC2.

ALSO, my Cloud is at lvl 79.5, and Tidus at 77. Woo!

Falk

that puzzling face
Man i'm so glad I cleaned up my rant about artificial difficulty yesterday. I made a few changes to my party and realised that for the past two days I had been attempting it without a weapon or armor on Y'Shtola. Fucking moron am I?!

You're my best friend now I don't feel so bad bringing Slow instead of Slowga

I breezed through this FFVI event. I feel like FFVI equipment is just a lot more plentiful than some of the other games. Anticipating a brutal few bonus stages though for that MC2.

Oh yeah absolutely, there' are like a billion FFVI 4*s and for a long time before e.g. FFIII/FFIX/FFXII gear were introduced, they took up a far greater percentage of possible items you could pull.

ALSO, my Cloud is at lvl 79.5, and Tidus at 77. Woo!

I've trashed so many four star daggers for vi it's depressing.

4++ both daggers, heavy armor, hat, helm, throw ring, sword
4 red jacket and gravity rod, both things I would love to get an extra copy or two of, but they will not drop

5++ regal gown, been really tempted to augment this thing, the stats are crazy with rs 174/251 def/res
5*flame shield
5* zantetsuken
5* partisan spear

The weird thing is that I don't recall doing an 11 pull on a vi banner, the partisan and flame shield were both 100 gem pulls. The regal gowns were filler relics at the games release. Nothing that is mind blowing but just good enough that I can't justify dropping any more mythril on a vi banner before ssbs are more widely available. A glaring lack of relic Mage equip, but the gravity rod and 3++ rods are good enough thus far.

Grzi

Managed to get Fran's MC2. That was much harder than I expected it to be, but it worked out in the end.
Not even gonna bother with Vossler but how much harder is the +++ fight in comparison to ++?

Falk

that puzzling face
I dunno if we ever figured out why Daravon was getting hit for 3k through Wall/Shellga.

Didn't have a problem with it, but I'm hardly the best barometer around.

MrDaravon

I dunno if we ever figured out why Daravon was getting hit for 3k through Wall/Shellga.

Didn't have a problem with it, but I'm hardly the best barometer around.

No idea, I posted a follow-up but I wound up just having two people cast Stop on Tiamat nonstop to clear the battle. Every battle before and after that was totally fine, and yes I had gear on :p. If I hadn't done the Stop thing I probably would have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, straight up something really weird was going on there.

Kaiterra

Banned
Woof took me three tries to take down Elder Dragon despite good gear and dumping all my MPOs to hone up my 4* physical moves.

Really pumped for Vossler.

The FFXII +++ boss just reminded me of how badly we need actual Wind magic. If DeNA paid attention to the games we would have one right now; the Syldra summon (seriously, it is wind element in FFV).

Since I had the 3 hit Wind Soul break for Celes I bought her along and I think Aeroga strike was doing around 4k with Danjuro. My strategy was otherwise boring advance, boost, draw fire and retaliate (sorry), full break and magic break, shelga, R2 meteor (switch mage to hitting person in face afterward). Hope the Treant don't target Elder Wyrm with protect (10% chance) and instead impale themselves on your retaliator. Getting Elder Wyrm below 80% HP removes its single target status spells but introduces an AoE one which is a case of hope RNG doesn't blind your retaliator, breaker or silence your white mage.

That said that bosses res is also pretty high (stat-wise it is basically like the ++ was). I just wanted to rant about lack of wind magic :p

Kaiterra

Banned
The FFXII +++ boss just reminded me of how badly we need actual Wind magic. If DeNA paid attention to the games we would have one right now; the Syldra summon (seriously, it is wind element in FFV).

Yeah I was specifically digging for a summon to use and couldn't find one. But we have three different 4* lightning summons! (One of which as you noted should be wind)

I had planned on using reta meta for that fight but I could only get Planet Protector RWs so I went in with spellblades and Armor Strike with Eiko keeping up Silence/Dispel and firing off Withering Winds when she could and Y'shtola keeping up mitigation. Fight dragged on so long I had to use Stoneskin II three times yeesh.

(I probably wasted a slot with what I was doing with Eiko there but whatever, I still mastered it)

While its nice to have strats and foreknowledge of events and relics, it would have been quite fun to have had Kefka make his appearance as a surprise, as it is he is just another character that I will level and forget unless I manage to get his relic. Utterly unmemorable much like golbez before him and ex death and kuja to come.

I wish I could try this Vossler strategy, but I haven't mastered Noble Sacrifice yet. I guess I could just use the actual gloves and take the ATK penalty, although I'd already be going in without HotE as well and I'm not quite as well geared out as they are.

Jyrii

Banned
%¤#%¤#¤%# YEAH! I finally beat Vossler after like 40 S/L

No master though as my slow didn't land. The fight was going reasonably well, so I chose to continue. Not that slow would have mattered as I had Banishing Strike instead of Dispel. But I don't want to play it again, his gauntlet is enough for me.

I ended up using Advance-Retaliate tactic:
- Cloud AoE'd the guards with Bladeblitz and switched to Retaliate once they were dead.
- Tyro had Lifesiphon for continous SG and Tempo Flurry for slow + to hit Cloud with.
- Cecil tanked with Draw Fire and dispelled with Banishing Strike (should have bring Dispel instead).
- Rinoa AoE hit the guards with Meteor and Ruinga.
- Vanille healed (Cecil mostly) with Curaja and used protectga in the start. She also AoE healed my party.

I honestly would not succeeded if I didn't have the three unique relics. Cloud used Blade Beam twice for total of 6 x 9999 dmg, Tyro could keep SG on during the whole fight with Lifesiphon, Vanille AoE healed my party when they got too low.

Kaiterra

Banned
While its nice to have strats and foreknowledge of events and relics, it would have been quite fun to have had Kefka make his appearance as a surprise, as it is he is just another character that I will level and forget unless I manage to get his relic. Utterly unmemorable much like golbez before him and ex death and kuja to come.

This is one of the reasons I stopped playing on my JP account.

RivalCore

Ah balls. I forgot it was the swordsman who had to hit by slow. Only got expert and I really don't want to redo the fight. Tedious as shit.

Edit:

And mastered. Still didn't like the fight.

WarAdept

Started in October, just finished off my last classic dungeon/elite. Hmm, guess it's just dailies and events for the time being then...

I don't know how people are doing it, but I see posts like this who smash through all the story content in about a month or two.

I started in June/July last year and only about 3/4 weeks ago, managed to finish off my last Elite. And I was pretty meticulous with my stamina efficiency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom