• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZangBa

I'm just about to finish the rest of my elites, started during the Golbez event. I'm actually glad I can just do dailies for awhile, all the preparation for each battle was tiring after awhile.

Kaiterra

Banned
Oh god Vossler is horrible. I've only had one attempt at this so far where I didn't lose 1-2 party members before I can get my mitigation up. And that attempt got ruined when he triple striked Galuf the very second Unyielding Fist wore off. What an asshole.

EDIT: OH MY GOD I HAD A GOOD RUN AND THEN THE GAME FUCKING CRASHED WHEN I WAS SEEING THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL.

That's NEVER happened to me before.

elty

Finally, advantaliate again instead of trying clever tricks.

The whole thing is just uneventful. At around 70%, power breakdown + SG + Protectga + haste on two double hitter then straight burn. Don't even have time to use second barrage. Funny to see Vossler hits Cecil for 4x180 then Cecil self heal for 680.

Shadow780

Oh god Vossler is horrible. I've only had one attempt at this so far where I didn't lose 1-2 party members before I can get my mitigation up. And that attempt got ruined when he triple striked Galuf the very second Unyielding Fist wore off. What an asshole.

EDIT: OH MY GOD I HAD A GOOD RUN AND THEN THE GAME FUCKING CRASHED WHEN I WAS SEEING THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL.

That's NEVER happened to me before.

It took me 3 days as well to get the right RNG towards the end. Time your Galuf RW so when one wears off (and gets killed) another character with most health will have it active.

You can have 1 character die on your and still master.

Negator

Decided to forego the stupid Galuf strat and went with the oh-so-reliable Pecil. This guy is like the backbone to all of my Ultimate parties. Jesus. Bartz and him are going to end up having broken backs from carrying everyone else so hard.

Boon = Wall

I beat Ultimate Vossler with only one reset (all three initial attacks aimed at one character and death, so yeah).

I thiefed Falk's strategy for the most part, except I had Ruinga instead of Meteor (not ready to commit yet, but I have orbs for x6) and I took Beatrix with Dispel and Bladeblitz (with a 5★ dagger), also only x6 on Armor Strike and x10 on Curaja (wind orbs, eh?).

With a 5★ armor, Cecil was doing an easy 9999 with Armor Strike, otherwise I figure that I lucked out, I did not take any of the small guys magic attack before they died. Also Beatrix was chipping away for 1800 damage twice while dude put Haste up, leading to a few dangerous extra attacks.

Kouriozan

FF XIV yay! Even if it's only 2 super easy dungeons.
We got this DU earlier than expected, I thought DUs slowed down? DeNA skipped 5 events confirmed
/s

Dungeon Update!

WITH CID'S DOUBLE XP RECORD MATERIA.
Huh. I might have to disrupt my 4/5 shards for a cheap refill on Sunday plan to get this for the (possible?) Orb Dungeon tomorrow.

Eep, never mind, there's no Memory Crystal to unlock for it, gonna stay at 4/5 then.

Kaiterra

Banned
It took me 3 days as well to get the right RNG towards the end. Time your Galuf RW so when one wears off (and gets killed) another character with most health will have it active.

You can have 1 character die on your and still master.

I'm not using Galuf RW, but rather Galuf himself. I actually had my timing right this time but as I was reupping Unyielding Fist, right when it was going off, the game crashed.

My setup is Galuf (Gladius+, Lifesiphon/Launch, Unyielding Fist SB), Edgar (Gungnir, Armor Strike/Bladeblitz, Drill SB), Vaan (Zwill Crossblade, Power Breakdown/Tempo Flurry), Ashe (Musk Stick, Dispel/Ruinga), Y'shtola (Thyrus+, Curaga/Protectga, Stoneskin II SB) and Boon RW for haste and protection against waterspouts.

"Chance to obtain in FFVII dungeons."

5oj4kwd.jpg

You remember a few pages ago people were talking about a boss resetting battles. It's in this DU. FFV Black Fork Tower Omniscient. In FFV itself the Black side of fork tower was use magic only (physical made normal enemies counter with meteor).

White fork tower before it also locks magic and magic based SB (aww strong hit counter) so Gilgamesh with retaliate and draw fire is perfect.

"Chance to obtain in FFVII dungeons."

5oj4kwd.jpg
I picked the worst time to do the FFVII bonus quests :( Well there is always Saturday daily. I guess my priority should be get that RM then do the FFVI bonus battles (apparently they're coming tomorrow, this DU pushed them off schedule).

Edit: forgot a few things. The free daily draw reset with the DU coming out and the updated relic list includes Terra's SSB (don't know the current 5* odds but you're probably looking at something like 0.02% chance of a 5* then divide that by all the 5*s...). It does not include the Stormlance Grimoire though. I got a 2* Flame Bow from the draw which was immediately trashed (these past few weeks I've gotten more 3* and 2* than usual...nothing useful though :( )

Also some DU tips:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/45c54o/du19_quickies/
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/45cs9g/du19boss_cheat_sheet/
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe...heres_a_trick_to_target_wendigo_dr_mog_hates/

Falk

that puzzling face
I hope you're not planning to run Saturday daily if there's Weekend Orbfest.

Then again, Cid RM2

DECISION DECISIONS

Then again, Cid RM2

DECISION DECISIONS

Well Cid RM2 isn't going anywhere, i'll be running the Orbfest exclusively. Might drop out and get Terra MC2 though so I can start getting her levelled up towards 80.

Spent some of my stamina tonight getting that Cid record materia. I think it was around 40 stamina used before I got it. Just kept repeating the first battle of the second ff7 stage for 2 stamina a pop with cid equipped with Zealot.

Then again, Cid RM2

DECISION DECISIONS
That is a good point. In the case of it being announced I'll make a slight detour today towards low difficulty FFVII classic for the RM2 instead as the only other goal today is to reach 4 stamina shards (which I achieve with Island Shine Classic+Elite, White Fork Tower) putting any excess into Friday Daily *shrug* or White Fork Tower Elite.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm PRETTY sure I read it was 20%, but I can't source it anywhere anymore. Hmm.

Downgrade that to "don't listen to Falk" status, I guess.

Hmm no orbfest announce yet.

It says it gives a slight chance for double exp. I don't know what a "slight chance" is though. I hate that these things don't have hard numbers.
Apparently it is 20% so if soloing over a long period of time it can be approximated as 20% more for the character equipping only.

That means bringing full parties dampens the effectiveness of this RM (as the double is only double of their portion) so solo maxes potential EXP but my problem with going solo is generally the characters who I can solo daily dungeons with are exactly the ones who are also used for carrying parties so if they max out who carries the rest?

Let me think of effectiveness of total EXP it grants over infinite time:
1 character is 20%, 2 would be 10%, 3 6%, 4 5% and 5 4%
Basically it probably isn't worth stressing about taking 5 party members vs 3
I'll still try to take 4 unless I start to run low on killer and white mages

Eventually a few more characters come out RM which contain the same effect which changes the dynamics.

Spent some of my stamina tonight getting that Cid record materia. I think it was around 40 stamina used before I got it. Just kept repeating the first battle of the second ff7 stage for 2 stamina a pop with cid equipped with Zealot.

Thanks for the idea. I did the same and it took me ~100 Stamina.

Now to get back to more of these dungeons, until the Orb Fest starts.

^ Could Ultimate Yunalesca even do that mind blast move? It's real nasty stuff in any case (AoE magic damage and chance to confuse).

Wendigo is weird. The idea is put the real one to sleep (hit with physical, use sleep spell, sleep spell should "chase" it, if it suceeds sleep animation happens but zzz won't appear not sure on what the timing on hits has to be either) but it seems like its HP bar is invisible when this happens which made it seem like it was invincible so I had to hit a fake one which for some reason made the HP bar visible on the real one again. In my classic attempt I just blind casted single target magic and hoped to hit :p

I don't think it is supposed to work like this at all. You'll know when it is asleep as attacks stop happening.

Well done on classic and elite so I never have to see that again. Unless it appears in an event
I'm sure it will

Falk

that puzzling face
Ultimate Yunalesca had slightly different AI - I believe she didn't even have a guaranteed Megadeath on P3 change.

Mind Blast was 5% if I recall correctly. No idea what it is on the dungeon classic/elite.

I though the VI vent came out on Monday (confirmed via app announcement).

So yeah, bonus battles should have been last night.

Orb Dungeon announcement came out last week about 10:00 AM CST, tick tock, tick tock.

Kaiterra

Banned
Ugh. I know I can beat Vossler because I HAD him beaten last night when the game crashed on me, but now all of my attempts are meeting with the same bullshit of losing 1-2 characters before I get mitigation up again. This is way worse than Rubicante who I was just pretty sure I couldn't beat because I KNOW I can beat this guy if the game plays along. Unbelievably frustrating. Especially since it's such a long and friggin' tedious fight to start with. DeNA should just give me the goddamn gauntlets since I WON THIS ALREADY UGH

Try and make good use of the XP Sunday (or Orbfest if that drops) to pump up your A team for FF6 and you should be okay to atleast clear all the elites.

Well, my primary team is at level 58, though Terra is the only one with a Unique soul break. I've got both her Trance Fire and Magitek missile soul breaks, the latter of which I got in a "Oh, I've got nearly 300 mythril, I'll try a quick 11 relic pull to get some armour" pull. Terra's my new roaming warrior with the missile soul break now :)

I got no level 5 armour ;_;

Kaiterra

Banned
Ugh I give up. Two hours wasted this morning to no avail so far and I bet it'll take all day to pull it off. Just not worth it. Most ridiculous fight in the game so far. I have the gear and the abilities to do this, and I actually had it won once already. I am so unbelievably mad right now.

MicH

Ugh I give up. Two hours wasted this morning to no avail so far and I bet it'll take all day to pull it off. Just not worth it. Most ridiculous fight in the game so far. I have the gear and the abilities to do this, and I actually had it won once already. I am so unbelievably mad right now.
I find that if I'm having a really hard time against a boss mostly due to RNG that I'm probably using a flawed setup. Changing my setup typically makes the fight a lot easier and less RNG dependant

Kaiterra

Banned
I find that if I'm having a really hard time against a boss mostly due to RNG that I'm probably using a flawed setup. Changing my setup typically makes the fight a lot easier and less RNG dependant

I stressed over this setup for a week. The only flaws that I can see with it are things I see a lot of other people bringing but can't just rejigger and come back having fixed (no honed Meteor or Full Break, no natural hastega, etc.). About the only thing I think I could fix is bringing a Galuf RW on top of my native Galuf but I reshuffled tons of times and didn't get that to happen and I really think I need hastega anyway. My setup is below:

My setup is Galuf (Gladius+, Lifesiphon/Launch, Unyielding Fist SB), Edgar (Gungnir, Armor Strike/Bladeblitz, Drill SB), Vaan (Zwill Crossblade, Power Breakdown/Tempo Flurry), Ashe (Musk Stick, Dispel/Ruinga), Y'shtola (Thyrus+, Curaga/Protectga, Stoneskin II SB) and Boon RW for haste and protection against waterspouts.

It was really hard finding example builds to pull ideas from that didn't have things that I don't have and can't get with the time allotted.

Razmos

Beat ultimate Vossler on the train ride home on my first attempt. Just Cloud with Blade Beam, Lifesiphon Ace Striker and Retaliate, Aerith with Planet Protector and Sazh with Boon.

Got a bit dicey at the end when he quadstriked for 2500+ damage a hit, I'm so glad it only hit one target and not random ones. Balthier and Aerith bit the dust but Cloud, Ashe and Sazh retaliated the way to victory.

Not even going to attempt mastery.

I'm not using Galuf RW, but rather Galuf himself. I actually had my timing right this time but as I was reupping Unyielding Fist, right when it was going off, the game crashed.

I was doing a similar thing with Ashe/Y'Shtola, but changed at the end. You can make it through P1 eating only one Water Spout (anymore and its SL time). Instead, for defense/mages i went for:

Ashe - Ruinga R3, Meteo R1
Y'Shtola - Renewing Cure, Dispel
RW - Lunatic High (really helps to get through P1 fast).

Rest of my setup wasn't too different from yours - I had Cecil (tank), Bartz and Cloud as they were my highest level and I have relics for them.
I used Lunatic High from start, and popped SS2 towards end of P1 and it's enough mitigation to be honest as long as you keep Power Breakdown (or in my case Steal Power) on Vossler.

If you are that close, you should just spend a few Mythril and get it done.

I wonder if the Orb Dungeons are going to be two weeks apart, that should slide us right into anniversary week area.

Or was it a random one-off?!

And if you're set on using a mythril then save your SB gauges until you use the mythril! Otherwise you may end up with no SB gauges for your important SBs :(

Man have I learned that the hard way before.

The bonus battles for VI can't come soon enough. I'm contemplating doing another pull for Terra's SSB. Saw it in action and my jaw hit the floor, but my Rising Phoenix RW is apparently getting lots of love.

LucaMac

I'd lost mastery on Vossler. Two characters ko'd on me. Decided to screw it and just beat him at least and used up the last of my abilities. Did a double take as just as he was on the last sliver of health Rydia got up off the ground and he fell. I'd brought my R4 pheonix for the goons completely forgetting that it raises and had one shot left after all my other abilities and threw it at him. If id just kept defending with Garnet as I was instead of risking an extra hit I wouldnt have got it or even realised I could have. Best accidental mastery ever...

Pheonix is a nice bring for Vossy if you've honed is the lesson I've learned. You can mess up a few times and it's grand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom