• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noi

It's useless on Vossler cause it heals to max HP (and thus ruins CT0 setups), but I feel like I'm only now finally gonna get proper use out of the OG Lenna relic I pulled during the Fire-Powered Ship event, just cause the Ultimates don't have the real stupid "Don't get KO'd" requirement. I'd even removed Royal Devotion from her SB selection because it doesn't do anything unless they're already dead and it made me waste time when going for Mass Regen.

Bah. Holy Lance and another Crystal Mail.

Since I have a Heroic Scarf, this pretty much means that I need to use Mog. Don't know how I feel about that.

LucaMac

It's useless on Vossler cause it heals to max HP (and thus ruins CT0 setups), but I feel like I'm only now finally gonna get proper use out of the OG Lenna relic I pulled during the Fire-Powered Ship event, just cause the Ultimates don't have the real stupid "Don't get KO'd" requirement. I'd even removed Royal Devotion from her SB selection because it doesn't do anything unless they're already dead and it made me waste time when going for Mass Regen.

It heals to half hp. It's spot on. Lennas is a full one alright, but pheonix is half. It's the perfect amount of health to survive and not intefere with CTO shenanigans

Noi

It heals to half hp. It's spot on. Lennas is a full one alright, but pheonix is half. It's the perfect amount of health to survive and not intefere with CTO shenanigans

Oh yeah, Phoenix is great in that case. I was just commenting on how a super early relic is only now gonna start showing its value, heh.

Meier

Have more or less stopped playing this game because it is such an utter chore to slog through these lower level dungeons. They need to introduce an update where you can just use all the stamina for all levels in a particular area and just go at once. Anything to make it less tedious. When you mix the insane tedium with the fact that there's about a 98% chance you'll get shit loot when you finally save up 50 mythril, it's just not even remotely enticing.

2 mythril deep into vossler, got him to a sliver of health, save / loaded. One more run and I should have it down, I blew my SB bars too early.

LucaMac

Oh yeah, Phoenix is great in that case. I was just commenting on how a super early relic is only now gonna start showing its value, heh.

Apologies. I just reread that. I thought it was a direct reply about Pheonix and comparing it to Lennas SB after and their benifits outside of Vossler. Both definitely have huge value for ultimates.

Man have I learned that the hard way before.

The bonus battles for VI can't come soon enough. I'm contemplating doing another pull for Terra's SSB. Saw it in action and my jaw hit the floor, but my Rising Phoenix RW is apparently getting lots of love.

I just used it as a RW.

want

but must wait until SSSSSSSSSBFest

Have more or less stopped playing this game because it is such an utter chore to slog through these lower level dungeons. They need to introduce an update where you can just use all the stamina for all levels in a particular area and just go at once. Anything to make it less tedious. When you mix the insane tedium with the fact that there's about a 98% chance you'll get shit loot when you finally save up 50 mythril, it's just not even remotely enticing.

Even an auto-advance to next dungeon would help. But I can auto-battle through every event -- maybe I need to think on the last couple elite bosses -- and I'm tired of the tedium too.

Kaiterra

Banned
Oh crap, I just realized what I need to fight Vossler and it's probably too late to do it. I forgot I had Rosa's Elven Bow and her SB from that would be an awesome way to recover right when he goes ham. I could have brought her instead of Y'shtola and just brought SSII/SG as an RW... I'm gonna have to give it a shot before the event closes.

Balphon

Apparently Yuna won the Valentine's Day vote for global.

I guess that's good? I'm not really sure whether her accessory or Lightning's was more useful.

Apparently Yuna won the Valentine's Day vote for global.

I guess that's good? I'm not really sure whether her accessory or Lightning's was more useful.
Holy resist is rare and is based on mind and mind break doesn't exist (or does it...). However things that actually cast Holy are also rare. It could come in handy in the future. I suppose mind accessory for X isn't bad.

Reddit hyped up Yuna for the above thinking then realised they might want Lightning resist for Ultimate+ Kuja or something (apparently it only has 2 conditions meaning you can only lose 2 medals to champion) so you can have a full party with lightning resist (which could help).

But personally all the accessories sort of fall into that not terrible but not good enough to really care either way.

Kaiterra

Banned
G=-ghghgh... I waited for my stamina to refill, switched Y'shtola out for Rosa, went in, thought I was good, was in battle before I realized I brought Curaja instead of Curaga. Now I can't heal anyone woo.

EDIT: Okay yeah I give up for real now. I'm not sinking cash in just to beat this stupid fight and I'm not dipping into my mythril stash with FFT banner coming up. And I mean it this time unlike I was saying since before Barthandelus. >_>

Noi

Diamond Helm (VI) on my gem pull

at least its from the realm the banner is from
2D1N5ri.gif

Used Terra MC2 after beating Kefka, went to do a 1 round in Fabul Castle to reset RW, her RM3 drops... I am so lucky with RM, I wish it would translate to 100 gems pulls. 2/67 now!

Edit: Seeing Terra double cast Thundaja on Inferno was a great sight!

MrDaravon

At what point should I start dumping 3* items? Even if I upgrade stuff to 3+ or 3++ I'm running tight on room (only at 215 slots currently though), but more importantly it seems like generally speaking my "regular" non-RS 5* stuff winds up being better than any 3++ RS gear I have almost all of the time or by an insignificant amount. 4*s and up that's not the case, but I have so many 3/3+/3++ that it seems like it might not be worth keeping at this point? Like I don't mind spending some Mythril for inventory space if I need to, but I also can't remember the last time I wound up taking a 3++ over any of my regular stuff with a handful of specific exceptions. I've been playing for about 3 months, does that sound about right or am I crazy?

Omg 100 gem rainbow, rumbles.....

Crystal mail? Wut.

Oh, at least the provoke will be great with armor strike.....

Oh, the mail is 15 points worse than my V diamond mail

Oh but it will at least kick ass in vi, right??????

193/100 def res. cool...

But wait what's in my number one defense slot for vi...

Diamond armor 4++ rated at 211/88, significantly better on defense for armor strike.

Wtf

Kouriozan

YAY! Got Terra's MC2, my very first MC2.
Didn't master the fight because one character died in the last 15 sec, but right now I'm so happy about my victory without using mythrils.
Oh and thanks nerfed boss rush otherwise I doubt I would be able to do it without Mako's Might and/or Dr Mog's Teaching.

Falk

that puzzling face
Heavy Armor is legit hardcore. I have a 4*+ in V and it outclasses a 5* Light Armor. People just never noticed because of the relative value of attack stats, and most of the AOE damage (shit you want to mitigate) being MAG, e.g. RES was more important.

I used this team to master ultimate Maduin just now,

12733385_10154550872373989_9146836408119854894_n.jpg

Advance retaliate ftw again, what boss will stop this train? Having two healers absolutely helped though, I couldn't have done it without em. I didn't even put up the Wall until after the big "dispel all" towards the end of the fight. Using Boon from the get go really sped everything along and overall this was super easy for whatever reason. I had good ffvi gear as well. GG

Kenai

Well, I guess it would have been embarrassing to not master Maduin for me with all my FF6 gear.

Did it with Edgar, Celes, Terra, Setzer, and Mog. Only Terra and Mog were above 55, only Setzer and Mog had personal SB gear.

Putting the Protect Band instead of the Shell one on Terra almost ruined me though.

Kaiterra

Banned
Looking forward to Maduin but I'm clearing out some dungeons for now. I have so much FF6 synergy and capped characters that it's bonkers so hey good times. Drill baby, drill!

Balphon

Maduin is comically easy compared to the recent ultimates. I even had to wait around at the end for Terra's SB to charge to hit the fire requirement.

Also, props to the medal requirements for telling us to exploit weaknesses he doesn't have.

Vilifier

Neo Member
That ultimate did seem very simple. I even picked lightning for her SSB, then found out during the battle that Maduin is not weak to any elemental attacks anyway.

hesho

hmmmmm..

what the heck to do tmr now? Was expecting the orbfest so i was all ready for it but. i guess it is back to dailies :(

** friendly reminder to finish the quests for the ppl that haven't done it them yet!!!! (i refuse to finish the last 5 i have.. not worth it)

B.K.

I was having some trouble with Kefka until I went out and put Shellga on Garnet. I usually have Curaga and Kirin on her. I like using Kirin for the Regen to keep up with cures. I should probably really level or egg Tyro up to 80, since I got his Sentinel Grimoire a while back.

For Japanese players / those who know: Is there anywhere after the new quest system was implemented where it shows quests completed from the current system?

I haven't bothered with any of the bonus quests, because I got the characters in their original events and the STA to EXP (Egg) ratio wasn't worth it. I also haven't done the "Create X 5* ability" quests.

I don't feel like these are worth doing for the reward, however my OCD will eat me up if I have a permanent mark on my account showing that I did not do all of the old quests when I had the chance and easily could have.

Kaiterra

Banned
For Japanese players / those who know: Is there anywhere after the new quest system was implemented where it shows quests completed from the current system?

Nope. Everything from the current system just goes bye bye except for prizes already received.

I'm going to be seeing a lot of my quests undone by the switch over because there are too many of them that came up that would have required me to repeat content or duplicate abilities to complete, which pretty much turned me off from messing with the quest system altogether for the most part.

Noi

Yeah, Maduin went down without much trouble with an honestly pretty shoddy party setup (replace Boon with SG) that worked around the fact that I don't have a hastega to burn him down with. Those first few turns without having haste/gobbling up my physical abilities was pretty rough, but I eventually limped my way to beating him. Went down to the Attack wire, but it says enough about how easy it was that it worked anyway.

I'm all for fighting only two bosses in the + Boss rush from here on out. Having enough stamina to knock all the Extra Battles in one sitting is great.

Got Cid's RM2 last night when I had some Stamina spare. Cost me about 20 stamina so I didn't have enough to do Figaro Cave classic bonus quest. I tried it out on the FFXIII classic bonus quest I had left and of course the RM2 it activated on the boss who I got expert on :p (not that a thousand EXP matters much).

Did the +,++ and +++. I'll probably try Maudin later today. Still not sure which RW to bring. SG seems like the best (but Shelga, magic shield and breaks is a lot of magic mitigation already) but an AoE heal could save my bacon at the end. Advance could be handy as I'm worried about damage here (what happens if I run out of magic near the end and have to do probably sub 3k physical, can I really be bothered to S/L to figure out when the magic casting begins) and that could give me a burst towards the end. Ability-wise something like 3 element magic, renewing cure, curaga, shellga, magic breakdown, full break, banishing strike and retaliate is my plan.

Also, props to the medal requirements for telling us to exploit weaknesses he doesn't have.
What is sad about that is they got it right before with Ultimate Exdeath where it says attack rather than weakness.

Grzi

Spent all of my mythril last night trying to get Maduin's Horn in a rage induced pulling frenzy. Still don't have an SSB Relic, a friend of mine that's been playing for only a few weeks has two, Yoshiyuki and he got that shitty ass horn last night, which pushed me over the edge. This game brings out the worst in me.
If I don't get something good soon I'll probably quit, the people at Dena obviously don't want my money.

Spent all of my mythril last night trying to get Maduin's Horn in a rage induced pulling frenzy. Still don't have an SSB Relic, a friend of mine that's been playing for only a few weeks has two, Yoshiyuki and he got that shitty ass horn last night, which pushed me over the edge. This game brings out the worst in me.
If I don't get something good soon I'll probably quit, the people at Dena obviously don't want my money.

I feel ya , it's the worst feeling to rage pull and get jack shit. I can tell you this though, I did the same for two of Sephiroths relics, and never got em. However what I realized is that the relics we personally seek and want so badly aren't even worth the mountains of mythril (or cash) we use up. They'll get outclassed down the road and become useless. The feeling of emptiness will leave you one day and eventually you just won't care that you never got that relic.

I've also come to realize the absolute most important relics come from in the form of the party buff variety. The hasteagas and attack/magic/defensive buffs are what deserve the most attention. They'll last you much longer than simple damage relics.

Like most will say, don't ever pull for one specific relic. Pull on banners that have multiple things you want and you'll greatly increase your odds for obvious reasons. That said, I'm not going to take my own advice because I really want Clouds BSSB and that's the only thing on the upcoming banner I even care for. I can't help myself sometimes, and I'll probably blow it all for that, "one more pull". Stay strong.

Been playing 6 months and don't have one - it's not end of the world and all content is beatable without it. If you're playing just for relics then gl keeping your sanity lol.

Kouriozan

I still don't own any damaging (S)SB, all I have is Lenna's Princess' Favor and Luneth's Advance (Beginner's Banner).
I'm making some progress since I finally got a MC2 but I know it would be faster with some SB.
I'm fine with this though, I got 520 mythrils ready for SSSSB fest, will do 10+1 pulls once or twice on each banner and spend the rest trying to get Tyro's wall. I'll also need to raise my inventory limit (currently 110/125 items), just about one month to wait!

I won't be mad if I don't get something worthwhile, I'm watching JP events and all they mostly use really strong 5★ abilities like Full Charge and Saint Cross.

Jarekx

o8qPgRwm.jpg

Ultimate Maduin team. Just waited til ultimate dispel popped PP and used all my soul breaks. Knights and Dragoons are getting lots of cool stuff which made hitting the target conditions and bringing a dispel easy enough without sacrificing a spot to a mage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom