• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah just stack up magical mitigation and take your hardest hitters. Celes is good.

Got Terra RM super quick, it rocks! Meanwhile Black Mage RM2 still eludes me...

Been playing 6 months and don't have one - it's not end of the world and all content is beatable without it. If you're playing just for relics then gl keeping your sanity lol.

No kidding, I do t have an ssb but I have lots of five star relics that are good enough.

That feeling of hitting the penultimate boss for 40k damage two rounds in a row using tyros storm lance grimoire was quite sweet, so I do feel the seduction of the ssb, but they aren't necessary yet in our game. Tyro did do a pretty good burst on maduin as well, I think like 20k damage each time.

Grzi

I mean, it's not that I NEED SSBs or anything like that. I've been playing for less than two months and I managed to beat Ultimate Beatrix, got every MC2 since Lightning's without a problem, Kefka was a piece of cake for instance.

I just want the game to give me SOMETHING I want, just once, and I'll be happy. If I get Cloud's BSB I won't ask for another Relic ever again.

Kaiterra

Banned
Holy crap, I didn't realize Fang could use swords. That makes her way better than I thought. Better master Pulsar Burst ASAP...

My wife wanted to go see the roadshow version of The Hateful Eight for Valentine's Day last night, so I had to burn stamina on the daily and save the bonus battles for this morning, so lucky me (slightly) that there was no Orb Dungeon, haha. And somehow I ended up getting FOUR OR FIVE major orbs, I lost count. Like, it could be the worst day for major orbs. At least they will break down to somewhat more useful greater orbs. No really, I got TWO Major Dark Orbs on one stage (gotta upload the screenshot, I guess).

So I clicked on the gem pull this morning thinking "I think I'm due for another 5★, it's been a month or so," and POP, there it is. A generic rod, but it filled a hole in my already crazy synergy for VI, so that's good.

On to the Ultimate, sounds like a reprieve, hoorah.

I guess I could make Bahamut or Odin, heh (from yesterday's Daily Dungeon).

CbHHhScVIAEnWJB.jpg:large

Negator

Friend stumbled trying to get Kefka's cloak or any relic of note from the second banner last night. Exhausted his Mythril supply and did 3 3 pulls and got Sabin's gloves and not much else. Paypal'd him $30 and he got the cape on his 11 pull. Could not imagine the despair if he whiffed on another 11 pull lol.

Friend stumbled trying to get Kefka's cloak or any relic of note from the second banner last night. Exhausted his Mythril supply and did 3 3 pulls and got Sabin's gloves and not much else. Paypal'd him $30 and he got the cape on his 11 pull. Could not imagine the despair if he whiffed on another 11 pull lol.
First Rule of Fight Club, mang.

Plaguefox

Ugh ugh ugh Ultimate Dispel + Chaos Wave.

The depth of despair you reach when you finally succumb to a Phoenix bonus... And then you're invested! But you're not quite there... Another Phoenix bonus, another, you'll start the round with plenty of SB charged! And those bonuses are good, right?

Ugh. Thanks for the help I guess.

Maduin you're supposed to be the easy one, you jerk.

Ugh ugh ugh Ultimate Dispel + Chaos Wave.

The depth of despair you reach when you finally succumb to a Phoenix bonus... And then you're invested! But you're not quite there... Another Phoenix bonus, another, you'll start the round with plenty of SB charged! And those bonuses are good, right?

Ugh. Thanks for the help I guess.

Maduin you're supposed to be the easy one, you jerk.
Realistically, five or even ten Mythril is far better spent on getting a fat stack of Major Orbs than having 12% chance of getting a 5★ relic (or a 4% chance of getting a Soul Break, if you are so inclined).

Don't despair and keep at it. Although, yes, your bonus luck is kind of funny (and sad).

So when looking up what other people had done for the Ultimate I found a GAF cameo?
http://abload.de/img/mcsxr.jpg
Unless there are multiple WarAdept out there...
The only thing thats needs explaining there is have Kefka use his default SB to use Thundaga for medal and S/L if that doesn't happen.

No idea what I'll do yet but not today I'm rather tired :p

Balphon

Spent all of my mythril last night trying to get Maduin's Horn in a rage induced pulling frenzy. Still don't have an SSB Relic, a friend of mine that's been playing for only a few weeks has two, Yoshiyuki and he got that shitty ass horn last night, which pushed me over the edge. This game brings out the worst in me.
If I don't get something good soon I'll probably quit, the people at Dena obviously don't want my money.

Been playing 6 months and don't have one - it's not end of the world and all content is beatable without it. If you're playing just for relics then gl keeping your sanity lol.

I've been playing longer than both of you and don't have any either.

I win at losing.

greyshark

Maduin down - that was by far the easiest of the ultimates we've faced to this point. No orbfest this weekend, so I guess I'll go back to catching up on story dungeons - think I'm up to DU 13.

Noi

A friend of mine who I introduced to the game like 2 months ago got Gil' Kotetsu as his first SB relic, then Organics during Vale of Memories, Tifa's glove during the Yuffie event got both Penelo AND Ashe's relics in a single 11-pull in the last event.

Meanwhile, my best SB relics as a week 1 player are a Shear Trigger, Ras Algheti and Dragon Whisker. I make sure to spread my salt to him from time to time.

A friend of mine who I introduced to the game like 2 months ago got Gil' Kotetsu as his first SB relic, then Organics during Vale of Memories, Tifa's glove during the Yuffie event got both Penelo AND Ashe's relics in a single 11-pull in the last event.

Meanwhile, my best SB relics as a week 1 player are a Shear Trigger, Ras Algheti and Dragon Whisker. I make sure to spread my salt to him from time to time.
I don't have a Super yet (and did an eleven pull on every celebration banner), and I'm doing more than fine.

I had crummy luck at the front of the game, I pulled Kain's first Soul Break spear on my first eleven, than went on a maddening dry spell. I eventually pulled a Vega for $1 and had saved Mythril to eleven pull five times on the next celebration banner (probably the second one?) which finally put me in the game. I've since gotten a respectable number of 5★ from the $1 pool and even one from a freebie.

I might chronicle my pulls at some point, I believe I saved 95% of them via screenshots.

Edit: Yup, a quick glance at my screenshots, Blood Lance was on 04/25, then nothing until 08/10 (the Vega).

WarAdept

So when looking up what other people had done for the Ultimate I found a GAF cameo?
http://abload.de/img/mcsxr.jpg
Unless there are multiple WarAdept out there...

Hey, that's my Luneth! Why hello there!

Slapped U Maduin silly. Honestly, it's so nice to have such a reprive from all the BS Beatrix and Vossler had pulled. I wanted to do a full VI party but I was in a rush and went "fuck it, Advance it is."

One shot. I didn't even see Ultimate Dispel.

Noi

I don't have a Super yet (and did an eleven pull on every celebration banner), and I'm doing more than fine.

I had crummy luck at the front of the game, I pulled Kain's first Soul Break spear on my first eleven, than went on a maddening dry spell. I eventually pulled a Vega for $1 and had saved Mythril to eleven pull five times on the next celebration banner (probably the second one?) which finally put me in the game. I've since gotten a respectable number of 5★ from the $1 pool and even one from a freebie.

I might chronicle my pulls at some point, I believe I saved 95% of them via screenshots.

Edit: Yup, a quick glance at my screenshots, Blood Lance was on 04/25, then nothing until 08/10 (the Vega).

I can't complain about my overall # of 5*s, just how many of them aren't uniques. Prob my most frustrating pull so far was from a 3-pull in the Peacemaker banner, seeing three rainbow orbs pop up and having all of them be generics (Coral Swrord, Feral Pride and Tungsten Bangle). I've yet to not fully clear any of the events ever since I came back from hiatus so it's not like I'm doing poorly, just sucks not getting any of the shiny toys that even people I know get to play with.

I'm basically hoarding myth until the SSB/Tactics banners to see if my luck finally turns around. Though I'm gonna have to resist the temptation on pulling for Exdeath 's relic a week from now.

Edit: Huh, common draw chances got updated apparently. Higher 5*%, lower 3* %.

CJdzWEU.jpg

Old.

It's great to see that the two 4* items I've gotten through the Common draw had a lower percentage to drop than getting a 5*.

Kaiterra

Banned
Caught up on a TON of my elite dungeon backlog today instead of jumping into the bonus battles just yet. Way satisfying and really good for my mythril stockpile.

yasu151

Caught up on a TON of my elite dungeon backlog today instead of jumping into the bonus battles just yet. Way satisfying and really good for my mythril stockpile.

Here here. While I'm not caught up yet on the elites, I managed to RNG my way to getting Fusoya's RM2 and Tidus's RM3. Though I'm sadly lacking a heal-all SB (or haste, or defense) I fully intend on using Squalls blast zone sb with life siphon, equipped with Ace Striker. Woot.

Hey, that's my Luneth! Why hello there!

Slapped U Maduin silly. Honestly, it's so nice to have such a reprive from all the BS Beatrix and Vossler had pulled. I wanted to do a full VI party but I was in a rush and went "fuck it, Advance it is."

One shot. I didn't even see Ultimate Dispel.
I think I know what happened here. From the AI thread on reddit "If Maduin is in the middle of casting an ability when he changes phase, he will immediately stop casting it and start his next phase with a full ATB." so you hit 30% HP when he was casting Ultimate Dispel or you were so quick it was over before he had taken enough mandatory actions to reach that action.

Kouriozan

Exdeath tomorrow and permanent Hall of Rites/Cid Missions in 3 days with hopefully Orb Rush weekend 2 to finish this busy week.
It's going to be so good.

Yeah looking forward to ExDeath, can finally field a full team of villains!

The animation and sound for Havoc Wing is brilliant. In general they seem to have increased the spectacle across the board - even the boss death animations in recent DUs are sometimes unique.

Took me a few attempts (and switching from Tidus to Edgar) - but I made it! My first ever memory crystal 2!

In one attempt, I got Kefka to halfway then Terra becomes confused. I hit Terra with a physical attack to snap her out of it - unfortunately it was Cloud - with the Zantetsuken.

Instant KO effect -_-

Ahnez

Is it worth trying to draw Kefka's Cloak? I don't have any unique assist SB, but I would have to level up him. I also have his flute

Razmos

I'm planning on pulling the first banner in the SSSB fest and only the first banner.

A SSB sword for Bartz, a SSB for Aerith (Getting a 3rd Soul Break for her would slay), Lightning's SSB, Rikku's Targe, and best of all, Y'shtola's Thyrus.

I want pretty much all of those. The rest of the banners are worth a 100 gem pull only

Falk

that puzzling face
Wondering if the lucky draws are gonna be around the same time considering our timeline slid a couple of months.

also Abyss dungeons incoming help

Ultimate Maduin was as easy as the rumors said, cheers. I took him down first try, no resets and with a half thought out party (although, maybe not a lot of thought was needed). MVP was Sunbath as Roaming Warrior, I'm starting to favor that over Plant Protector. The latter probably shines more for Super Soul Break abuse, but for a straight-ahead assault, the amount of healing Sunbath provides outweighs the slightly less damage.

Is it worth trying to draw Kefka's Cloak?
First Rule of Fight Club, mang.

Wondering if the lucky draws are gonna be around the same time considering our timeline slid a couple of months.
This WOULD happen, and screw up all of my Mythril planning (I should be able to just scrounge together 250 by the Fest).
also Abyss dungeons incoming help
Are these 1 STA like the Ultimate + ones? Also, when do THOSE start popping up?

Falk

that puzzling face
There are four preliminary fights, with various RS and costing 20, 30, 40 and 50 stam. The Abyss fight itself is class synergy rather than realm, and costs 1 stam.

There are four preliminary fights, with various RS and costing 20, 30, 40 and 50 stam. The Abyss fight itself is class synergy rather than realm, and costs 1 stam.
Great, now we're gonna have to hear some liberal's dissertation on classism in Final Fantasy.

Falk

that puzzling face
Separate, doable in any order.

Although I reckon a boss rush with different synergies per stage where you can't swap party/equip in between would be both hilarious and interesting to plan for.

MicH

Oh, the next events are known?

I didn't know that
Yeah, we should get it near March 27th which is the one year anniversary.

I'm planning on pulling the first banner in the SSSB fest and only the first banner.

A SSB sword for Bartz, a SSB for Aerith (Getting a 3rd Soul Break for her would slay), Lightning's SSB, Rikku's Targe, and best of all, Y'shtola's Thyrus.

I want pretty much all of those. The rest of the banners are worth a 100 gem pull only
The banners ate probably different from the JP ones - they've been different on the previous celebrations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom