• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

They are half-price draws where every 5★ is a unique Soul Break (none of which are featured, so equal chances for any of them).

Right, I actually started playing the game in the middle of the last time that happened in November (?). In this case though how would that work if it overlapped with another event like SSBfest or whatever? Would there just be additional lucky draw banners on top of that? That seems insane.

Right, I actually started playing the game in the middle of the last time that happened in November (?). In this case though how would that work if it overlapped with another event like SSBfest or whatever? Would there just be additional lucky draw banners on top of that? That seems insane.
Multiple banners are kind of a regular thing, no?

I don't know if the Lucky and Celebration things will overlap though, I would guess we will get Celebration in a couple of weeks so Lucky can be part of the anniversary week.

There will be a lot of things to spend Mythril on coming up, hopefully ya'lls been saving (I'm at 465 as of this morning).

MrDaravon

Holy shit I finally finished all of the Classic Dungeons, praise Jesus. Sitting at 138 Stamina now. It's going to take an eternity to clear all of the Elites, but I feel like I'm at least "caught up" to an extent.

Multiple banners are kind of a regular thing, no?

I don't know if the Lucky and Celebration things will overlap though, I would guess we will get Celebration in a couple of weeks so Lucky can be part of the anniversary week.

There will be a lot of things to spend Mythril on coming up, hopefully ya'lls been saving (I'm at 465 as of this morning).

Right, but I mean SSB and Lucky Draws overlapping would be madness though. This kind of messes things up for me, I'm currently at 193 mythril which isn't terrible, but I was already trying to figure out how to spread things out between SSB and FFT banners, this adds another wrinkle. If there was ever a time to realistically drop real money on pulls I guess lucky draws would be it though?

Falk

that puzzling face
The first set of 4 lucky draws came out of the blue too. There was months and months (literally) of us planning out how to spend our Mythril for refreshing for Orb Dungeon 1.0, and it worked out to a science.

Then one day before Orbfest went live, the Lucky Draw banners dropped (which is in contrast to gacha banners being datamined weeks in advance) and set most of us short by 100 Mythril since they were no-brainer best-use-of-Mythril deals, RNG and 1/44 shenanigans aside.

From what I understand DeNA made bank. Heh.

If there was ever a time to realistically drop real money on pulls I guess lucky draws would be it though?
Probably. It's still a little more than what I would consider a real money "sweet spot," and you are still at the mercy of a slot machine, but it seems like you have a much greater chance to get something "useful" if the slot machine favors you.

MrDaravon

Probably. It's still a little more than what I would consider a real money "sweet spot," and you are still at the mercy of a slot machine, but it seems like you have a much greater chance to get something "useful" if the slot machine favors you.

Yeah, probably depends on what's in the banners. I agree $15 is just on the outside edge of what I'd consider splurging on. If we got half-off pulls on say BSSBfest or whatever then yeah sure.

Yeah, probably depends on what's in the banners. I agree $15 is just on the outside edge of what I'd consider splurging on. If we got half-off pulls on say BSSBfest or whatever then yeah sure.
Lucky Banners (at least to this point) have EVERY unique Soul Break released to that point in a single pool, no shared Soul Breaks and no generic 5★.

So any 5★ that pops will be a unique, but none of them are "featured."

Here's what I got last time (over four banners):

Binding Rod
Sentinel's Grimoire (!!!)
Zwill Crossblade

Well, I was pretty sure I got one from each banner, but that's all I see. Hmm.

I would consider dropping cash on lucky banners, particularly in conjunction with one of those 20% itunes cards that you can get on ebay occasionally, and save mythril for stamina refreshes .

here's what I got on the first 4 banners:
tyro cyclone grimoire
kain blood lance
tidus brotherhood
selphi morning star
vanille binding rod
squall revolver
vivi Oak Staff
Auron Katana

the only gamechangers for me there were the blood lance as I didn't have a IV melee relic and the oak staff. The rest have seen considerable action other than the grimoire and the morning star.

I believe I saw on reddit that there will be a system update on the 17th and perhaps we will know the ssb banners shortly thereafter. they will surely be adjusted from the JP banners, so who knows how good they will be.

I should have enough mythril for four banner pulls by the time of the celebration, unless the adventure children event comes first… Then I might just be unable to resist!

Looking at this, it seems that Japan got 25 free Mythril + a 4 day, once a day, Lucky Draw banner just before the 1 Year Anniversary (September 25). So, we will likely be seeing the same come the end of March.

Also, the Japanese event order went as follows:
09/11: Exdeath
09/16: Chamber of Rituals added
09/17: Jecht
09/18: Harvest Festival of Good Luck (5 Phase Orb Fest)
09/25: 1 Year Anniversary
09/25-10/4: SSSSB banners 1-5
09/25: Chamber of Abyss: Black Magic (Ultima)
09/30: Cloud BSSB
10/09: Laguna
10/16: Freya/Garnet
10/21: Chamber of Abyss: Combat (Crushdown)
10/23: FFII
10/28: FFT

If we were keep to exactly to that timeline, then we would have this schedule:

02/15: Exdeath
02/17: Chamber of Rituals (likely being added with the Quest System Update)
02/21: Jecht
02/22: Harvest Festival of Good Luck (5 Phase Orb Fest)
02/29: SSSSB banners 1-5
02/29: Chamber of Abyss: Black Magic (Ultima)
03/05: Cloud BSSB
03/14: Laguna
03/21: Freya/Garnet
03/26: 1 Year Anniversary
03/26: Chamber of Abyss: Combat (Crushdown)
03/28: FFII
04/02: FFT

However, there is a good chance they will delay the Orb Fest / SSSSB banners to be closer to our 1 Year Anniversary. This would put it well after the Cloud BSSB event, and have it running into the first few days of the FFT event.

Edit: I just thought of something. Maybe we are getting weekend Orb Fests as a spread out replacement for the Harvest Festival of Good Luck event.

Nothing can be as soulcrushing as getting 3 mog lances out of 4 banners
Don't you mean Kimari's? :p

That can't be accurate, Accessory of Light is missing in that event list.

:(
The Accessory of Light event was weird. AFAIK, it didn't have a relic banner and was basically used as a way to get WoL's MC2 + an FFI accessory (Crystal Ring - DEF+10, medium resist to Paralyze, medium resist to Sleep) from a Garland Ultimate fight + older accessories for people who missed them. I don't know why they are skipping it.

Negator

Don't forget that they're going to release a 5th Lucky Draw banner when Abyss dungeons go live. I believe the first one they got was a White Mage lucky draw, where every 5* you got was an item for a White Mage

Actually, it might be for Black Mages. I believe the third one was for White Mages.

Pray hard.

MicH

Don't forget that they're going to release a 5th Lucky Draw banner when Abyss dungeons go live. I believe the first one they got was a White Mage lucky draw, where every 5* you got was an item for a White Mage

Actually, it might be for Black Mages. I believe the third one was for White Mages.

Pray hard.
Good lord that pull! I can't WA it for the class specific lucky draws!

SAME DIFFERENCE
I'd say Mog's spear is far more useful, since it has Heavy Regen + a party ATK buff vs Kimari's pretty much useless SB. Plus, Mog doesn't seem like a completely horrible character; Kimari is.

I got Mog's spear on a 100 gem pull, >_>

What's coming with the Cloud BSSB?
On the banner? Fusion Sword (Cloud BSB), Magic Comb (Red XIII SSB), Zack's Gloves, Pole Axe (Cid), Platinum Fist (Tifa).
The bonus battle banner is Master fist (Tifa SSB), Organics, Sephirophs Coat, 4-point shuriken and Keepsake Ribbon.
Generics of Precious Watch, Basilisk Claw.

If it is before the SSBfest I wonder if they will be crazy enough to stick fusion sword into one of those banners.

I just noticed that, starting with the Advent Children event, all of the banners will have 7 featured relics: 2 SSB relics, 3 SB relics, 2 generic relics. Eventually they start sprinkling in more Burst relics (in place of one of the SSB relics' spot).

That is a huge improvement from the current breakdown of 4 SB relics + 5 generic relics per banner.

Pray hard.

This girl is adorable and so lucky!

What sort of level should I be to tackle each of the EXP daily runs? Trying to level up some more characters without resorting to eggs...

broz0rs

What sort of level should I be to tackle each of the EXP daily runs? Trying to level up some more characters without resorting to eggs...

I think you can just have one decent retaliator or ruinga spammer and the other characters could be quite low. Casting protectga at the start will keep them alive

B.K.

I actually managed to champion Ultimate Maduin last night. It was the first ultimate boss I ever tried to beat. It was a close call. I had a few characters close to death at the end. I should have given Lenna a Record Materia to increase soul gauge rate so I could have used a generic media soul break more often.

B.K.

That new Final Fantasy XIV dungeon is going to make for a REALLY cheap refill for tonight.

EXP.

Speaking of exp, when can we expect ++ dailies? The + Sunday daily isn't hardly enough exp when you get past 50. I wish we had gotten the orb rush this weekend.

c-murph

On the banner? Fusion Sword (Cloud BSB), Magic Comb (Red XIII SSB), Zack's Gloves, Pole Axe (Cid), Platinum Fist (Tifa).
The bonus battle banner is Master fist (Tifa SSB), Organics, Sephirophs Coat, 4-point shuriken and Keepsake Ribbon.
Generics of Precious Watch, Basilisk Claw.

If it is before the SSBfest I wonder if they will be crazy enough to stick fusion sword into one of those banners.

Ah, Thank you.

Speaking of exp, when can we expect ++ dailies? The + Sunday daily isn't hardly enough exp when you get past 50. I wish we had gotten the orb rush this weekend.
Well, the + dungeons were added right after the last Orb Festival, so I would guess soon (seeing as we're in the middle of one, just being spread out), probably after all the anniversary stuff.

Kenai

So I guess if they haven't refunded Myhtril for the Magus Rod text error by now they aren't gonna? RIP my SSB Celebration dreams.

Wazzy

Banned
Lame that Rinoa lost but at least it was Yuna who won.

Also Happy Valentines Day(especially Hours Left) to everyone still playing! I don't post or play as frequently but I'm definitely still logging in and slowly burning through stuff.

Lame that Rinoa lost but at least it was Yuna who won.

Also Happy Valentines Day(especially Hours Left) to everyone still playing! I don't post or play as frequently but I'm definitely still logging in and slowly burning through stuff.
You too Wazzy! ❤

Grzi

How do you get that email? Is it for day 1 players only? How often do they give away free stuff to VIP players?

One Shot, easiest Ultimate so far. Nice to have a breather after Vossler though!

tK20ccVl.png

Dragner

Do you think guys I can try this ultimate. Im fairly new so I dont have most of the OP habilities (full break). But I have awesome FFVI synergy including Terra SSB. Ive never tried something like this before my team would be something like this.

Terra lvl 70 - maduins horn, diamond helm++ magic breakdown and -ja spell for requirement.

Balthier lvl 65 - assasins dagger, red jacket+ steal power + -ga spellblade for requirement.(have unique SB for him)

Sabin lvl 65 - dragon claws, crystal shield++ lifesiphon + idk some damage I suppose.

Fang lvl 65 - golden spear, crystal mail. Lifesiphon, tempo flurry.

Yuna lvl 65 - gravity rod++, gaea gear(no SB)

Or

Mog lvl 50 - Holy lance, gaea gear

With curaja + shellga.

I donk have a lvled knight for banishing strike sadly also I dont have any Trinity items so Im going with SG RW and thats it.

Should I bother in trying?.

Should I bother in trying?.

Take SG/SS2 as your RW and you should be fine. Maduin has a fair chunk of health so as long as your abilities are honed to last the distance I think you'll be okay. Sabin will hit like a truck. If your -ja spells are less than R3 you might want to double up on Black Magic for Terra and give Balthier/Sabin Magic Break instead.

Make sure you save the second use of the RW for after his 'Ultimate Dispel' as that's the phase when he spams AOE magic and can kill you. Lean more towards RES rather than DEF as other than the very start Maduin only uses Magic abilities. Celes is a great option if you have her levelled as her default SB adds another layer above Shell (I think!).

It's a simple Ultimate in comparison to others we've had - if you got through the +++ comfortably then it's definitely worth a try, if only to gauge how close you can get.

So it comes without surprise that following the closure of the quest system is maintenance:
vwsBG40l.jpg

They are also adding the stamina overflow thing (if you pay for stamina refill you'll get a full bars worth of stamina even if it puts you over your max, of course 3 minute timer for stamina refill won't start until you get back below max).

MrDaravon

They are also adding the stamina overflow thing (if you pay for stamina refill you'll get a full bars worth of stamina even if it puts you over your max, of course 3 minute timer for stamina refill won't start until you get back below max).

I don't go in this hard at the game, but it sounds like this is good for people who want to min/max timed events like orbfest as much as possible right?

Kaiterra

Banned
The Hall of Rites is conspicuously absent from the advertised new feature list. I'm kind of expecting it to not come back just yet and instead the Hero's Soul rewards from Cid Missions will be changed to something else. :(

Falk

that puzzling face
Forgot to bring Dispel, brought Yuna with Grand Summon as a soul break instead of Hymn of the Fayth, brought Maduin r3 instead of Valefor r5

Still a 1shot RIP Maduin

Kouriozan

The Hall of Rites is conspicuously absent from the advertised new feature list. I'm kind of expecting it to not come back just yet and instead the Hero's Soul rewards from Cid Missions will be changed to something else. :(
It's going to be a "surprise", so people will spend mythrils doing all the special quest beforehand :lol
Plus you can see the blank hero souls in the translated Cid Missions banner (behind the red M), and the Cloud BSB event give a blank MC2.

L23uByDl.jpg

Well I though I messed up on ultimate Maudin. Thought I would be fine with R3 magic breakdown and have enough for the battle (I initially thought not but it turns out to be just enough) and Terra with would also last the battle with R2 Firaja and R4 Waterja (nope again). Celes with spellblade might not a great idea as she is liable to taking too much damage from the front row in the physical phases. On the other hand she was ending those phases sooner and charging her SB :)

Several S/L later and I just about made it through (the secret was being more aggressive with the full break at the start means you take less damage and do more and can even keep 2 SG charges for after Ultimate dispel lands which really helps if the end gets drawn out)...and got expert. But given how it was everybody hitting Cloud for 2000 damage at the end I'm okay with that. I guess I should go back for the Major Earth and Major Wind orbs but I kind of don't want to despite them possibly being the easiest orbs ever or something. I'll need to do some honing (which I've got the orbs for).

I kind of like those kinds of Ultimate battles where you sort of bring everything you need to win and the battle is figuring out how to use it most effectively.

Forgot to bring Dispel, brought Yuna with Grand Summon as a soul break instead of Hymn of the Fayth, brought Maduin r3 instead of Valefor r5
Don't they call this a handicap :p

Razmos

Mastered Maduin on my first try this morning on the train to work. Plant Protector + Boon + Blade Beam made it pretty trivial. And some good timing on my part with the dispel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom