• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

elty

Forgot to bring fire (I thought Terra default soulbreak is fire for some reason) and couldn't master.

Retry again. Almost screwed up because right after Aeris used healing wind Maduin used holy aura. I don't have enough soulguage to dispel it until 3 rounds later. Tyro probably spend more time hasting everyone then attacking on his own.

LucaMac

I had already written a post in my head to tell you guy's that 'If you thought Ultimate Manduin was easy as ultimates go wait til you see the Propagators in the new VIII event in Japan"...this is what I was thinking of course as I swiftly dealt with the first one of the two that appeared leaving the second almost there and easy to finish off in absolutely no time...

...then the first one resurrected. Ok I said to myself, it's clearly being true to the source material. You have to kill both at the same time. S/l and try again. Not to much of a stretch. Managed it without much bother...

...then they both resurrected. There was no info anywhere so decided to leave them til after work and see if there was a translation by then. Turns out they resurrect 4 times bringing the amount you have to fight to 5 in total...not quite the walkover I thought it was. Still haven't done it. Got to the last two standing. Would be easier with well honed AOE which I'm lacking in my Japan game due to Clouds BSSB kind of being a meta all by itself.

EDIT: Definitely would have done it just there if I hadn't used judgement grimoire instead of sentinel grimoire by accident with Tyro. Screw you Tyro.

LucaMac

It's dropped in popularity as a RW, but I have it myself with it fully kitted out with rosetta stones. I've come to rely to heavily on it. Don't really bother changing my set up too often. Summon Scream RW drop natural SG, spam Cloudmode. Deals with most things. The burst mode itself is slightly more basic than others, but with offensive breakdowns and scream those many many hits do insane damage.

Jyrii

Banned
Ultimate Maduin is supposed to be "easy", but I am strugling a lot. I have cleared, but not mastered last four ultimates.

LucaMac

Ultimate Maduin isxsupposed to be "easy", but I am strugling a lot. I have cleared, but not mastered last four ultimates.

It's easy in comparison to the others that came before it...doesn't mean he won't stomp those of lower level, with weaker equipment or simply those with the wrong set up. He stomped me first time and I had to take a step back and re assess my party. There's far less RNG is the main factor.

Noi

Does anyone have a good tier list they could share with me? I need to see who I should be leveling up outside of my favorite 5 characters.

I generally agree with the list posted here. Goes into detailed explanations for why he ranks the characters in the places he does.

Edit: beaten like a ronzo without his horn

Kouriozan

Ramza sure is attracting with his skillset.
I don't have Greg
(Gilgamesh's "nickname" in FF XIV)
MC1 but that'll change in 80 mins.

My current standard team is Bartz/Tyro(support)/Cloud/Lenna(got her AoE heal+regen relic)/Terra (the only MC2 I got for now)

WarAdept

Ramza sure is attracting with his skillset.
I don't have Greg
(Gilgamesh's "nickname" in FF XIV)
MC1 but that'll change in 80 mins.

My current standard team is Bartz/Tyro(support)/Cloud/Lenna(got her AoE heal+regen relic)/Terra (the only MC2 I got for now)

Ramza might as well be god in this game. That being said, I love rotating characters and keeping within each realms theme and characters. I haven't had to pull out Cloud or P.Cecil or Rinoa or any of the level 80's for the Ultimates so far (Maduin was an exception because I couldn't be arsed and just Advanced it).

That and I'm super OCD about trying to get everyone max level.

Man, I planned poorly and my only non capped characters can weild,either daggers or spears or are black mages. Oh and wakka. Mog, quina, Fran. Oh terra I guess with a 3++ sword. Eh. Who can use my axes in this event, wasted exp ahoy

Noi

Pretty much the only constant in my party is Lenna, since she's the only double broken healer and im too lazy to get anyone other than Eiko/Y'shtola to 65. Otherwise, I usually rotate all the other offensive/caster roles and try to keep exp from going to waste.

Unless it's the bonus battles. Then I'll just assemble the strongest party I can and go to town, though I always consider RS for some flavor if I can swing it.

Kaiterra

Banned
It's going to be a "surprise", so people will spend mythrils doing all the special quest beforehand :lol
Plus you can see the blank hero souls in the translated Cid Missions banner (behind the red M), and the Cloud BSB event give a blank MC2.

L23uByDl.jpg

Oh thanks for pointing it out. Please please please give me Edward's Memory Crystal.

Kouriozan

There is still a slight chance we won't get it this week but even the Chamber of Abyss, which is coming near the Jecht event, will have blank crystals.
It also released in JP near the Exdeath event anyway.

You can check what is coming up next in Global in the quick info spreadsheet->Events linked in the OP, there you'll see that the Hall of Rites was released 5 days after the start of Exdeath event.

Noi

Death Sickle (V) on the gem pull.

If only it was as good as it was in the game.

EDIT: YES, RNJESUS FINALLY SMILED ON ME

tWYDoaFl.png

im crying. It's the relic for the character I've been dying to get the most and I got it on a single pull.

Kaiterra

Banned
Death Sickle (V) on the gem pull.

If only it was as good as it was in the game.

EDIT: YES, RNJESUS FINALLY SMILED ON ME

im crying. It's the relic for the character I've been dying to get the most and I got it on a single pull.

Wow congratulations. It's a pretty awesome SB too.

Maduin was SO EASY. Exactly what I needed after that debacle with Vossler. Went in with Cloud (Swordbreaker++, Tempo Flurry/Blizzara Strike), Terra (Enhancer, Magic Breakdown/Thundaja), Celes (Zantetsuken, Drain Strike/Firaga Strike), Edgar (Drill, Lifesiphon/Banishing Strike) and Y'shtola (Thyrus+, Curaga/Shellga) and Planet Protector RW. Really glad I honed Banishing Strike before the fight because I ended up having to use it three times. I lost two damage medals because I got nailed right after Ultimate Dispel before I got my mitigation set back up but besides that he just tickled me the whole fight.

Balphon

Oh wow, bringing Bartz, Lenna, Faris and Krile to the Necrophobe fight triggers the whole Gilgamesh scene from FFV when you beat him, complete with all the dialogue for all the characters. Does this happen if you don't have the party there?

Gilgamesh always shows up, but the FFV characters obviously won't speak if they aren't there.

EDIT: Exdeath can't equip a hat. Hilarious.

Jyrii

Banned
I have tried several setups against Maduin. This was my latest. I don't care about mastering it at this stage.

Cloud: power break, lifesiphon for blade beam
P.Cecil: banishing strike, protectga
Tyro: full break, lifesiphon for SG
Tidus: magic break, armor break
Aeris: curaja, Kirin

Tyro and Aeris had Mako Might/Dr Mog's teachings equipped for SG and Planet protector. I used Boon RW. Every melee character has +350 attack and Cloud has over 450.

Any tips?

I have tried several setups against Maduin. This was my latest. I don't care about mastering it at this stage.

Tyro and Aeris had Mako Might/Dr Mog's teachings equipped for SG and Planet protector. I used Boon RW.

Any tips?

If you find yourself dying drop Tidus for another healer. If you find yourself not doing enough damage use retaliate on cloud instead of power break.

(You can do both of these things together and I think have success. Alternate retaliate and life syphon, blade beam when avail. Heal when needed or attack cloud when not)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is it worth spending 15 mythril each on the FF6 and FF5 banners to try to get one of the haste SBs?

I'm at 275 mythril, but I'm saving for the orb fest draw thing (I'm hoping they're 25 each like last time).

Been working towards this since I started playing at start of September, Villains unite!:

FMFqIfUl.png

Only a couple weeks until Celebration Banners and I have 2 Mithril to my name, but I've managed to get a relic for each of the above which was a goal of mine. Necrophobe is probably going to eat my face but i'm going to see how far I can go with the Four Lords of Evil & Seifer in tow.

Any tips?
Only thing i'd ask is why aren't you using any FF6 characters? The synergy helps for sure.

Is it worth spending 15 mythril each on the FF6 and FF5 banners to try to get one of the haste SBs?

I'm at 275 mythril, but I'm saving for the orb fest draw thing (I'm hoping they're 25 each like last time).

There will probably be haste relics on the banners, but if you have that much mithril I wouldn't lose any sleep if I pulled and didn't get one.

Jyrii

Banned
If you find yourself dying drop Tidus for another healer. If you find yourself not doing enough damage use retaliate on cloud instead of power break.

(You can do both of these things together and I think have success. Alternate retaliate and life syphon, blade beam when avail. Heal when needed or attack cloud when not)

I weirdly kinda lack on both compartments. Guess I'll try advance/retaliate with 2 healers next.

Only thing i'd ask is why aren't you using any FF6 characters? The synergy helps for sure.
I have tried with FF6 characters also, but that surely didn't help. This party is near lv80 (except for Aeris ofc) anyways.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
There will probably be haste relics on the banners, but if you have that much mithril I wouldn't lose any sleep if I pulled and didn't get one.
There's 5 or 6 banners right? Which is 150 mythril assuming it's half off... then people keep saying that this FFT thing is worth pulling on, so another 50 at least. And maybe another 50 for refreshes to get orbs... and that's 250. Yick.

MicH

The SSSB celebration banners are not half off, but they'll most likely have Haste relics on them. The FFT banner has Ramza's amazing Platinum Sword (Haste and +50% ATK) which is top tier for physical teams

So each of those banners is a 1% chance of that relic (plus a small chance of non featured 5* that could also be a haste relic) and you're doing 3 pulls.

Now the lucky draw is 11 pulls with a 12% chance of 5* relic (it could be 13% even). I've not counted relics but let's say 100 uniques (I think it will be more) 5 of which are haste (boon, lunatic, eiko, kefka, lenna...is that all?). In that case each of the 11 would be a 0.6% chance but the pull works out a lot cheaper.

The odds sound pretty similar both ways to be fair but the value is different and it is a matter of how much you value 30 mythril. Obviously pulling now means pulling more and that is the biggest boost to odds really. Of course there are big uncertainties like when the lucky draw and SSSB fest will happen (plus the contents of it) and also the quantity of lucky draws.

Not sure if that maths is completely correct though but it sounds about right.

As far as SBs go. Not sure if those are the haste SBs I want. Lenna's seems like a shame given scream doesn't feel too far off (but if you leave it to scream and don't get it you're out of luck assuming the weaker attack boost of Lenna's SB is still enough) and Kefka has the issue of magic becoming obsolete (can't build SB as fast and Ultimate bosses eventually have 2000 res which is a real nail in the coffin).

It might worth leaving it for the new quest system to come along as another do 1 pull get 5 mythril quest happens then.

greyshark

Tyro and Aeris had Mako Might/Dr Mog's teachings equipped for SG and Planet protector. I used Boon RW. Every melee character has +350 attack and Cloud has over 450.

Any tips?

His magic attacks hurt way worse than his physical - I'd swap out Protectga for Shellga. If you put Mako Might on Cloud, his immediate Blade Beam should immediately knock him out of Magic Seal mode, I did that with my Lightning SSB and it worked out pretty well. Do you have the Breakdowns? Maybe swap out Tidus for a support character, Magic Breakdown + Shellga + SG should nullify Chaos Wave.

Based on your equipment you have plenty of power to beat him, just make sure your mitigation can handle his attacks and you should be fine.

I used this setup and he barely tickled for most of the fight. Notable Soul Breaks bolded:

[67] Terra (Thundaja / Firaja)
[65] Celes (Blizzara Strike / Drain Strike) Magic Shield
[58] Shadow (Pound / Dismissal)
[55] Setzer (Full Break / Magic Breakdown)
[65] Y'Shtola (Curaja / Dispel) SS2

RW Boon. I can't recall any notable physical damage - if there was then SS2 and Full Break would have negated it.

Jyrii

Banned
Maybe bring Breakdowns instead of Breaks?

Thank you. This was actually the missing piece. I was under thr misconception that Full break would't stack with breakdowns. Is it breaks that don't stack with it?

Got Novice since I didn't have any elements with me, but that is ok.

Noi

The general rule of thumb is that buffs/debuffs that share the exact same effect don't stack. Because FB lowers all stats at once, it'll stack with effects that lower only one stat. Break/Breakdowns only debuff one stat, so they overwrite each other.

Ex. Hand of the Emperor and Planet Protector's Atk up effects stacks because the former is Atk + Def up and the latter is only Atk up. Some exceptions like Hyper NullAll exist, which apply Atk and Res buffs individualy instead of a combined one.

greyshark

If you're going to bring P.Cecil and Protectga, might as well just give him Draw Fire instead.

Draw Fire isn't that useful for Maduin though since his most damaging attacks are magic. I wouldn't want to get rid of Banishing Strike either since Dispel really helps for this fight.

Thank you. This was actually the missing piece. I was under thr misconception that Full break would't stack with breakdowns. Is it breaks that don't stack with it?

Could just bring Spellswords along to fulfill the requirements - was it tough clearing it once you brought Breakdowns?

Draw Fire isn't that useful for Maduin though since his most damaging attacks are magic. I wouldn't want to get rid of Banishing Strike either since Dispel really helps for this fight.

Draw Fire is useful for managing the damage when the wall is up. I found it useful for me because I could mostly concentrate on healing P.Cecil when the wall goes down.

Breaks and Breakdowns stack with Full Break

Breaks and Breakdowns overwrite each other.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So each of those banners is a 1% chance of that relic (plus a small chance of non featured 5* that could also be a haste relic) and you're doing 3 pulls.

Now the lucky draw is 11 pulls with a 12% chance of 5* relic (it could be 13% even). I've not counted relics but let's say 100 uniques (I think it will be more) 5 of which are haste (boon, lunatic, eiko, kefka, lenna...is that all?). In that case each of the 11 would be a 0.6% chance but the pull works out a lot cheaper.

The odds sound pretty similar both ways to be fair but the value is different and it is a matter of how much you value 30 mythril. Obviously pulling now means pulling more and that is the biggest boost to odds really. Of course there are big uncertainties like when the lucky draw and SSSB fest will happen (plus the contents of it) and also the quantity of lucky draws.

Not sure if that maths is completely correct though but it sounds about right.

As far as SBs go. Not sure if those are the haste SBs I want. Lenna's seems like a shame given scream doesn't feel too far off (but if you leave it to scream and don't get it you're out of luck assuming the weaker attack boost of Lenna's SB is still enough) and Kefka has the issue of magic becoming obsolete (can't build SB as fast and Ultimate bosses eventually have 2000 res which is a real nail in the coffin).

It might worth leaving it for the new quest system to come along as another do 1 pull get 5 mythril quest happens then.

Hrm, might as well wait since I'm mostly retameta'ing then.

Getting Lenna's would be kind of a waste because then I'm forced to take two white mages into a battle, which just seems kind of pointless unless there's some boss weak to holy at some point.

Wazzy

Banned
Disappointed I won't be able to complete all quests before they go. I didn't have time to grind for majors to get things like Flare Strike made but I got a huge chunk of quests done before they go tomorrow so I guess it's not too bad.

Who was able to completely finish all of them?

Boo. Maduin beaten, but just shy of champed. Took two mythril to get me there too. All action and damage taken...no KO's and all targets hit. My FFVI synergy is ridiculous too, but Terra used Hunter's Rod just for the MAG boost.

P-Cecil had crystal mail, so I kept provoke up during the physical parts. He was dropping Protectga and Shellga when he could too. Mog was on hand with two Curagas and Sunbath. Sabin was on hand for the punches, Lifesyphon and an R6 Kaiser Knuckle. Celes for Dispel, Cure and Magic Shield (which I think stacks with Shellga). Terra was just there to nuke.

I think I'm good with this. The pendant was what I really wanted from the fight, so it's cool. Not really sure if there was an MVP since everyone had a part to play.

LucaMac

Disappointed I won't be able to complete all quests before they go. I didn't have time to grind for majors to get things like Flare Strike made but I got a huge chunk of quests done before they go tomorrow so I guess it's not too bad.

Who was able to completely finish all of them?

Just Flare Strike and Mug Time left for me...It bothers me, but no way of getting that many major powers in time. All out of greaters too. Converted the remainders down to hone abilities.

I've three major powers in total. I need ten for each of those abilities. Have all the other orbs. It really annoys me...even though I wouldn't really use those abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom