• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouriozan

The first tab in Cid Missions is automatically completed if you finished the first FFVI dungeon, might explain it.
Otherwise, it's missing the missions that give souls of heroes anyway.

Edit : just checked, they changed it to give mythrils instead.
RIP Cloud Advent Children event's blank MC2 T-T

they really can't pull off an update without messing something up can they? yuffie guns? hall of rites reward? I'm annoyed that I egged exdeath to 50 already, whoops.

btw, according to reddit, a 5+ gold sword is 93 + 2 atk, 186 +3 atk with rs. Annoyingly, with rs, this is now a slightly better weapon in VII levels than the rune blade rated at 185atk, not that I would choose the gold sword over the sb rune sword for 2 atk. I guess I'll combine and hold on to the gold sword + in case we get a third down the road which would push the rs atk to over 200. Of course by that time, I'll likely have another VII weapon that has higher atk anyway, I have 2 right now and really only need 3 atk weapons at most. hmm

cyc7oDcl.jpg

If 1 gem draws actually were a thing I'd buy a few hundred gems right now...

MicH

DeNA's quality control is fucking embarrassing :lol Not to mention all the Mind Break references which are still in the new FFX dungeon descriptions

Just got showered in mythril this morning. I'm liking this Cid Mission stuff!

I need help! I'm stuck in classic mode. I've reached the stage in FFV where the boss can only be hurt by magic and will heal if he's hit physically. Any good strategies? He seems to be auto-healing regardless.

Noi

All of his magic is single target, so carbuncle / magic lure + reflect will bounce everything he does back to him. Just remember to dispel his regen.

LucaMac

It sounds like I should stop being a whiney bitch and be very thankful for it...upgraded it there (got a reward for it too, thanks Cid) and it seems very good even out of VIII realms. No complaints. Thank you RNGesus.

Hey Team–

Is there a tier list for Record Materia? I.e., a list of all the RM I should make an effort to obtain? I feel like there's just so many to keep track of, I don't know which ones I'm missing out on.

Hey Team–

Is there a tier list for Record Materia? I.e., a list of all the RM I should make an effort to obtain? I feel like there's just so many to keep track of, I don't know which ones I'm missing out on.

Not sure about a Tier List, but IMO these are the most useful ones:

Mako Might/Dr. Mog Teaching - I only have the former as I have no desire to level Tyro, but having an instant SB is really good for Ultimates and the like where you don't get a chance to build it up before the boss. I usually give it to Y'Shtola who can then use SS2 right off the bat.

Summon Spring II - Summons have low uses per hone, using this makes them much more usable and helps me get through dungeons pretty smoothly.

Mana Spring II - Like the above but for Black Magic, which doesn't have as much of a problem with hones but its helpful if you wanna take Flare and/or Meteor which I haven't honed that highly yet.

Dragoon's Determination
- Good ATK boost and Sap isn't too bad of a trade off.

Mako Might/Dr. Mog Teaching - I only have the former as I have no desire to level Tyro, but having an instant SB is really good for Ultimates and the like where you don't get a chance to build it up before the boss. I usually give it to Y'Shtola who can then use SS2 right off the bat.

Summon Spring II - Summons have low uses per hone, using this makes them much more usable and helps me get through dungeons pretty smoothly.

Mana Spring II - Like the above but for Black Magic, which doesn't have as much of a problem with hones but its helpful if you wanna take Flare and/or Meteor which I haven't honed that highly yet.

Dragoon's Determination

Thanks! I'll add these all to my list. Anyone else have some good recommendations?

Dragoon's Determination

The three haste rms, zeal, sky pirates pride and theifs code

Heroic stance and pride of the red wings, moderate damage up with katana and sword

Double hit for retaliate meta

Solitude/loner for parties of three or less

Attunement 2, devotion, rod master, impetuous youth for magic/vulnerability hits

MicH

Thanks! I'll add these all to my list. Anyone else have some good recommendations?
DK Cecil RM3 (Pride of the Red Wings) and Sephioth RM3 (Heroic Stance) are both pretty great.+20% ATK (or is it DMG?) if you wield a sword or katana respectively. Vivi RM2 (Devotion) is also great for mages. Tidus RM3 (Ace Striker) for SB spamming

yasu151

It took a bit of time to get (have to complete through a lot of the dungeons to open up the FFVI battle that nets you the memory crystal) but Fusoya's Moon's Grace II. It restores 1 black and 1 white ability after each battle. I haven't found a use for both at the same time, so it essentially becomes an extra restore 1 black magic use RM for mage-heavy parties.

It took a bit of time to get (have to complete through a lot of the dungeons to open up the FFVI battle that nets you the memory crystal) but Fusoya's Moon's Grace II. It restores 1 black and 1 white ability after each battle. I haven't found a use for both at the same time, so it essentially becomes an extra restore 1 black magic use RM for mage-heavy parties.

Right, that's a good one that I always forget about.

It is nice to have a second bmage with an r4 Aja spell and slowaga, or protectga/Shellga for example.

I can see going the other direction on this and giving it to yshtola, since I have her ss2, and blasting enemies with diaga or holy every battle.

Yeah i'd forgotten about the Fusoya one, I don't have it yet. It'd be great on ExDeath or any of the other characters with access to both White and Black 5*.

Grzi

Ultimate Maduin down. Didn't master it, ended up with two dead characters but I'm happy with the accessory.
Two Ultimate bosses down and I've started playing December 26th, I'd say that's not bad at all.

Now if only I could get ONE good Relic, just one.
(Did a single pull on the Terra banner for the new quest - rainbow gem appears, it HAS to be Maduin's Horn - nope, 5* heavy armor with a Draw Fire shared SB. Shit.)

Ultimate Maduin down. Didn't master it, ended up with two dead characters but I'm happy with the accessory.
Two Ultimate bosses down and I've started playing December 26th, I'd say that's not bad at all.

Now if only I could get ONE good Relic, just one.
(Did a single pull on the Terra banner for the new quest - rainbow gem appears, it HAS to be Maduin's Horn - nope, 5* heavy armor with a Draw Fire shared SB. Shit.)

I equipped that on P. Cecil with stellar results on Maduin. Back row tank w/Provoke and Protect made the magic barrier part legitimately easy.

LucaMac

Hey Team–

Lower down the list but useful none the less is Bards Zealot materia. It's great for RM farming ironically but also very useful against certain multi bosses with gimics aka Norg or Zorn and Thorn. I find it useful for autobattling orbfests also depending on the difficulty. I usually put it on my heaviest hitter and the others finish them off no problem.

EDIT:

So are the Cid normal missions a one time deal or will they refresh at some point?

They haven't in Japan since Ive been playing it anyway, and we are only a few events away from when I started that account. So no is more than likely the answer.

WarAdept

Oh god. Weekend Orb Rush this Sat/Sun (looks like Lightning/White/Wind), the bonus battles for ExDeath just dropped, but it's still Power Dailies.

My stamina.

WarAdept

The following RM's are a lie and is a troll attempt by DeNA into thinking that they're real:

Dragoon RM2
Leon RM2
Ricard RM2
Steiner RM3
Fran RM3

Still haven't seen one Major Orb farming dailies for 4 weeks.

MicH

I had to do that stupid Wendigo fight three times because you can't tell when the real one is asleep. Ugh. Finally got it

Kouriozan

That wendigo fight was super easy.
Put mitigation on -> Ruinga -> everyone attack the real one + sleep -> it'll always hit the real wendigo even if he teleport -> with good timing you can always attack the one getting the attack/ability animations (= the real one), win.

My second ++ fight I can do and the first one I mastered, I thought it would be much harder considering I'm fairly weak.

That wendigo fight was super easy.
Put mitigation on -> Ruinga -> everyone attack the real one + sleep -> it'll always hit the real wendigo even if he teleport -> with good timing you can always attack the one getting the attack/ability animations (= the real one), win.

My second ++ fight I can do and the first one I mastered, I thought it would be much harder considering I'm fairly weak.
I basically did this. FS Wall + Shellga then AoE w/ a WM on standby to use sleep on the revealed, true, Wendigo. After Wendigo is asleep, the clones won't counter AoE blasts, so it's an easy win once sleep hits.

Noi

With the right mitigation, you dont even need to Sleep to master it. You can miss the 3 medals there and still have enough if you get all the other ones.

My fight went:
Shellga > Bartz Steal Power on anyone > Emerald Light RW > Heathen Frolic > Valefor > All 3 others target the real one > Emerald Light RW > Valefor > Dead. Full medals except for the Sleep mastery. This version has barely any HP.

The difficulty on this fight felt far lower than in the Elite dungeon battle. I think the HP is lower in this ++, making it a breeze even without sleep, as noted above.

Windigo I used thancred and his bard sleep all,ability and just used full Mage blasts

Ultimate necropophobe is by far the easiest for me yet and he dropped a major power orb to boot

Four mages and bartz

Native wall
Rw was hymn of fayth

Barriers:
Mage 1 meteor
Mage 2 ruinga
Mage 3 valefor
Yshtola Shellga, then heal, the stoneskin
Rinse repeat, bartz on hold for fayth towards end

Necrophobe- full blast with the ajas and bartz on spellblades.

2 native rods, 4++ axe.
Flame rod for firaja Mage

No sls needed for me. Crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom