• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorpal

5 mythril into the second phase and I've pulled 3 Major White, 2 Major Holy, and 2 Major Earth. Super lucky! (Please universe don't burn all of my luck on this phase instead of phase 4)

Edit: Wait, that was including the event rewards. So it's really 2, 1, and 1. I feel a little less like I'm blowing all my luck here then

Falk

that puzzling face
Just occurred to me that Tyro's soul breaks basically all look like he's dropping life-sized objects into a painting.

I'm not really too sure what to be spending my 3* Orbs from this phase on, if anything. I have Curaga honed to maximum but don't think there is much need to do a second of it. Any pointers? Did a few random hones into stuff like Esuna and Draw Fire, but generally feels like I am just stockpiling them to convert into Greaters at some point.

With the Greaters - is it recommended to Hone Protectga/Shellga up or is 2 casts of it typically enough? Was going to improve those or craft Carbuncle.

I'm not really too sure what to be spending my 3* Orbs from this phase on, if anything. I have Curaga honed to maximum but don't think there is much need to do a second of it. Any pointers? Did a few random hones into stuff like Esuna and Draw Fire, but generally feels like I am just stockpiling them to convert into Greaters at some point.

With the Greaters - is it recommended to Hone Protectga/Shellga up or is 2 casts of it typically enough? Was going to improve those or craft Carbuncle.

Three star abilities for this round: silencga, dispel, berserk, reflect. I'd get all of those to r2 and dispel to r4.

Greaters, you are going to eventually want protecga and Shellga honed because some bosses can dispel your buffs. Not an immediate need, but nice to have, particularly now that pcecil can carry one. I'd craft carbuncle before honing those, frankly.

cactuar uses greater earths, will have to take him out to feast on his brothers today.

Razmos

I can imagine Cactuar being useful if there is ever an enemy that has low HP but ridiculously high defences that nothing else can scratch.

As a normal summon though? no

Three star abilities for this round: silencga, dispel, berserk, reflect. I'd get all of those to r2 and dispel to r4.

Greaters, you are going to eventually want protecga and Shellga honed because some bosses can dispel your buffs. Not an immediate need, but nice to have, particularly now that pcecil can carry one. I'd craft carbuncle before honing those, frankly.
Thanks! Sorted out Silencega and Reflect. The other 2 are demanding Non-Elemental orbs so gonna have to balance them out with some other stuff.

Thanks! Sorted out Silencega and Reflect. The other 2 are demanding Non-Elemental orbs so gonna have to balance them out with some other stuff.

Also look at rallying étude and mana's paean, both use white orbs and can be very useful in certain situations.

On that note, if you haven't crafted Shellga, you might consider instead spellbend étude, it does the same thing, I believe, and it swaps greater holys for greater powers. I'm hoping to get one of the bard weapons to make them more useful. I think eiko and Edward are the only non tyro bard 4s, unfortunately,

Tried to take on Seymour in Highbridge to get Arc's memory crystal.

Even with a party of all 60+ characters, lots of FFX gear and Advance I couldn't get past the third round without half my party being wiped out.

Even with a party of all 60+ characters, lots of FFX gear and Advance I couldn't get past the third round without half my party being wiped out.

Can't recall how I handled that one, think I went full Mage party using carbuncle to reflect the magic. Valefor r4 really helps with those multi target bosses.

Balphon

Bring Carbuncle and Kirin and use magic break on Mortibody (and power break if you can manage it).

Can't recall how I handled that one, think I went full Mage party using carbuncle to reflect the magic. Valefor r4 really helps with those multi target bosses.

Bring Carbuncle and Kirin and use magic break on Mortibody (and power break if you can manage it).

I took:

Cloud w Magic Break Power Break
Wakka w Boost Armor Break
Auron w Retaliate Mental Break
Quistis w Diaga Curaga
Yuna w Kirin Carbuncle

I don't think I have Valefor yet, what does Valefor do?

The problem I had is that even if I got Carbuncle off right at the start he still hits me with multi target and takes like two characters down to 1/4 of their HP. Then he hits with a multi target spell again before Kirin does anything useful. I was thinking maybe I need to take Magic Breakdown instead of Magic Break to further reduce his damage. Or maybe take Shellga instead of Curaga because Curaga is pointless.

Despite championing every other appearance of Seymour and Mortibody I ended up only clearing the elite Highbridge one as both Carbuncle got exhausted and shelga and magic break ran out right at the end and I thought I had the medals required.

Definetely take shelga for the AoE magic.

Anyway. If you're using advance, retaliate, kirin and carbuncle magic breaking Seymour in addition can be useful. While it sounds counterproductive (and is a little) having a few reflected spells hit mortibody will make it the focus of retaliate which is really detrimental.

AoE non elemental *9.6 (I just noticed it is stronger than meteor :O ). I tend to find it more useful for stage trash as backed with good mage gear it should be capable of OHKOing trash for a while.

Maudin is the same but requires a lot more summon orbs and since summon orbs are scarce...

Vice

So many crystal shields.
nh7l9RL.jpg

Balphon

I took:

Cloud w Magic Break Power Break
Wakka w Boost Armor Break
Auron w Retaliate Mental Break
Quistis w Diaga Curaga
Yuna w Kirin Carbuncle

The problem I had is that even if I got Carbuncle off right at the start he still hits me with multi target and takes like two characters down to 1/4 of their HP. Then he hits with a multi target spell again before Kirin does anything useful. I was thinking maybe I need to take Magic Breakdown instead of Magic Break to further reduce his damage. Or maybe take Shellga instead of Curaga because Curaga is pointless.

Drop Retaliate and add Shellga somewhere. You are probably better off spreading the support summons over two characters so they can both attack. I would recommend Eiko or Arc over Quistis. AoEs from Mortibody are the only real sources of damage once you get reflect up so consider Magic Breakdown if you have it. The physical AoE is less common.

Razmos

Spent most of the day on the FFVII event, eurgh. I'm glad it is a short one but it's totally unnecessary to have it during orb fest.

Razmos

I keep forgetting just how awful Tyro is. I kept him in my party for the VII event because I was levelling him in the Festival of Gold, and at level 60 with all 5* equipment, including fire resistance, he was still dying in 2 hits from a Fira.

Eurgh. he needs a buff so badly. At least make him able to survive a slight breeze

Kaiterra

Banned
Gave in to the Sunk Cost Fallacy and did a paid pull on the Enhancer banner. And I got it! So obviously it's not a fallacy and this should pay off in the future. Right? :)

Falk

that puzzling face
If I'm homeless and have $5 from panhandling and instead of buying food, I buy a lottery ticket and then win and I'm rich, it doesn't mean it was a good idea, it just means God's Grace and Mercy knows no bounds.

johnsmith

remember me
I keep forgetting just how awful Tyro is. I kept him in my party for the VII event because I was levelling him in the Festival of Gold, and at level 60 with all 5* equipment, including fire resistance, he was still dying in 2 hits from a Fira.

Eurgh. he needs a buff so badly. At least make him able to survive a slight breeze

Hey give him advance and a natural 5* ranged weapon and he can retaliate wreck ranged bosses. 9,999 hits with armor breakdown and boost.

Cloud can't do that.

Razmos

To everyone who is happy about the fact Record Keeper is finally giving FFII some attention: Think again! Minwu and Leila suck.

Leila is a shittier version of Locke and Minwu is like a white mage version of Vivi in that he can only use White Magic, but his stats suck, he has lower mind than other white mages and he has terrible defensive stats.

Yay?

Tyro's strength is in his versatility. He's the guy you go to when you need two more abilities to clinch your master strategy and you can't re-arrange your team to get them elsewhere, or when doing so puts too many actions on specific characters. Or when you have some killer synergy items but no one can use them. Otherwise, stay far away.

The last time I remember really needing Tyro was the first time we had Seymour + Anima. I wanted to load up on double cuts and Breaks, but still needed healing, so I gave him a melee weapon set geared towards damage (FFX realm synergy sword) along with Kirin + Carbuncle for healing and magic defense. Worked really well. Thankfully, we've gotten more characters that have useful skill sets that lessen the need to use Tyro, like Sahz rockin' BLM3, WHM3, Combat 2, and Support 5.

7 characters and 7 memory crystals is nice for new players like myself, but when this rolls around for the intl version, it is just going to be a bunch of greater eggs that sit in inventory. i'm not going to bother with the new II characters until I cobble together enough mythril for another 11 pull and see if I can land one of their relics.

Falk

that puzzling face
12 Mythril in and I scored 3 Major Earth Eggs so far (so 10 total now)

Hope event rewards 2, and DU12 FFV mastery rewards 1, so I'm set for Meteor r2. I wonder if I should stick to the plan and go with 40/30/70/40 Mythril refreshes, or stop and do 40/12/88/40

Dem summon orbs man.

Josef is a pretty powerful attacker, so long as you have a five star axe or fist. His attack at 65 is 141, which is higher than Cloud's at 65. Too bad the monk abilities are still rubbish and his only relic has the worst unique soul break-I've only used it once.

Kaiterra

Banned
If I'm homeless and have $5 from panhandling and instead of buying food, I buy a lottery ticket and then win and I'm rich, it doesn't mean it was a good idea, it just means God's Grace and Mercy knows no bounds.

I'll take it. Coincidentally, I bought a Powerball ticket today! I'll be posting from my mansion next week.

I must be getting stupidly lucky with these major orb drops. From the FFRKI data it looks like the average rate is about 1 major orb for a days worth of stamina. I've gotten 4 today alone.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Just pulled Enhancer (the good one!), Ras Algethi, and Golden Armor on the 2nd account I've been playing around on.

Falk

that puzzling face
I must be getting stupidly lucky with these major orb drops. From the FFRKI data it looks like the average rate is about 1 major orb for a days worth of stamina. I've gotten 4 today alone.

7 in 12 Mythril. Including 3 Greater Earths.

I quit while I'm ahead. Spent 1 more Mythril for 13 total but I'm diverting the rest to Stage 3 and 4.

Nohar

To everyone who is happy about the fact Record Keeper is finally giving FFII some attention: Think again! Minwu and Leila suck.

Leila is a shittier version of Locke and Minwu is like a white mage version of Vivi in that he can only use White Magic, but his stats suck, he has lower mind than other white mages and he has terrible defensive stats.

Yay?

Let's hope he will get a buff later. Frankly, characters from FFI to FFIII are terrible compared to the others (core characters nonwithstanding).
Spent only 1 Mythril for this phase so far. I will spend more for the rest.

broz0rs

Finally got a major orb to drop in two phases of the event. I think I encountered over 10+ Gigantaurs so my luck with major orbs have been bad. Been getting a lot of greater orbs though so I can't complain.

I am missing 2 Major Black Orbs and 3 Major Earth Orbs for Meteor R2. Any point trying for 1,2 or 3 more Major Earth? How many MEO from Dungeons/Events before I get 2 MBO?

Edit: according to Falk's post above, Hope and DU12 should cover my 3 MEO.

Awww looks like 1 MBO in DU12, I will need to wait for Celes's event for the other one. So close, I wanted it by the end of the month. I think Dark Bahamut can drop it in DU11 but there's no way I can bring a party able to Airplane it, would be too Stamina costly.

Falk

that puzzling face
When you're missing 1 or 2 orbs for a hone, if that's the ONLY thing you need (e.g. 5* Earth in Stage 2 where everything else is pointless other than maybe 4* Holy) you're probably better off farming it in Elite paintings after Orb Dungeon is done.

Plague in FF4 drops 5* Black on Elite and is a pushover apparently. Just pray to RNGesus. (It's higher stam/orb avg than Orb Dungeon, but obviously you aren't getting everything else like you are with Orb Dungeon autofire shotgunning)

latest

raaaagh

edit: Dark Bahamut drops Dark. (Ehehehehe)

Falk, what is the thinking behind Maduin R4? I have Valefor R4 and I was, like you, planning a second one at first. I just know I want 8 charges of Non-Elemental summons.

I would need 79 GSO and 33 GNO for Maduin R4. I have 100 Mythrils to spend between phase 3 and 4. I don't think it's doable, R3 definitely is(maybe with luck and 60/40 I can do R4). Oh and I almost leveled Valefor to R5 by accident! Crisis averted!

Plaguefox

I've been using the orb breakfast to level up characters in anticipation of MC2s and up next in my list is Red XIII. Reddit says he was supposed to get his first memory crystal in "a few days"; was that supposed to be during the current FFVII event? I only vaguely keep up with the Japanese happenings and was surprised not to receive a crystal for him.

Skipped for now, but does anyone know what's up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom