• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
Man Ricard is completely garbage. He's above Kimahri tier (well, outside of identical ATK stat at 65. Having same ATK as Kimahri is suffering onto its own) but he literally doesn't do anything Kain can do better. Except maybe cast poison? Heh.

Sick RM though.

Man Ricard is completely garbage. He's above Kimahri tier (well, outside of identical ATK stat at 65. Having same ATK as Kimahri is suffering onto its own) but he literally doesn't do anything Kain can do better. Except maybe cast poison? Heh.

Sick RM though.
Poor old Dragoons! Does Ricard actually have a unique SB even? He was one of the more memorable characters in FF2,
despite only being alive for about an hour, lol

Falk

that puzzling face
Not at the moment.

But honestly, his RM is the physical equivalent of Devotion, but better because of the higher exponent of physical damage vs magical damage vs stats, (1.8 vs 1.65 or 39% more damage vs 35% more damage) and because sap can simply be overwritten with regen or hi-regen, while Devotion's penalty persists and stacks with other stat buffs/debuffs.

Literally equip his RM do 39% more damage (below softcap)

Sick RM though.

Kimahri has access to Blindga and -ga spells (Good luck doing any damage with them, Hornless), plus the Buster line/Intimidate/Boost. Conversely, Ricard gets access to Swords + Axes, along with Double Cut, the Breaks, and Launch. Definitely much easier to drag some utility/damage out of Ricard.

Falk

that puzzling face
Oi, don't get me wrong, he's my bladeblitz bot right now through Orbfest dungeon. Like I said though, everything he does, Kain does better.

Oi, don't get me wrong, he's my bladeblitz bot right now through Orbfest dungeon. Like I said though, everything he does, Kain does better.

You actually pay attention? I'm just letting my party auto battle to victory while the game is in my pocket at work or while I watch/play something else

Can't disagree with you there. Speaking of Ricard, does anyone else think it's weird how almost every FFII character (except Josef) we have has access to Black Magic of some level? What's the deal with that?

Can't disagree with you there. Speaking of Ricard, does anyone else think it's weird how almost every FFII character (except Josef) we have has access to Black Magic of some level? What's the deal with that?

In FFII anyone could learn or equip anything and with enough grinding they could become proficient with it, it's why I'm kind of surprised the FF3 characters despite having their default outfits seem specialized into classes despite no outfits. At least the FF5 characters...well character currently available is in a class to explain why she's white mage focused.

Falk

that puzzling face
You actually pay attention? I'm just letting my party auto battle to victory while the game is in my pocket at work or while I watch/play something else

All my AOE abilities are on the first slot and I just tap that bottom center of the screen as fast as possible while doing other things. From cursory glances at results screen I've never lost 2 medals despite dead people from time to time (lol)

In FFII anyone could learn or equip anything and with enough grinding they could become proficient with it, it's why I'm kind of surprised the FF3 characters despite having their default outfits seem specialized into classes despite no outfits. At least the FF5 characters...well character currently available is in a class to explain why she's white mage focused.

I think it 'makes sense' as far as the story/setting goes. - Blacksmith -> Monk, Palace soldier -> Knight, nerdy friend -> summoner/caster. And then Luneth let's just give him spellstrikes because why not, everyone loves spellstrikes and most of the other protags have spellstrikes

(!!!)

Valus

I don't think the FFIII characters have their default outfits...Luneth has armor like a Knight, Arc is clearly in a WM robe, and Refia is in a gi.

I don't think the FFIII characters have their default outfits...Luneth has armor like a Knight, Arc is clearly in a WM robe, and Refia is in a gi.

Luneth is a warrior actually, Ingus is a knight.

Really? I guess I'm just bad they look pretty similar to their actual art

5b2acfef8ee6dffa252d197f23c9f01e.jpeg

Looking at it side by side I can see why I got confused, it seems they picked classes that most match the original art for the characters, or maybe my color blindness is playing tricks with the sprite art

Ok Phase 2 has been TERRIBLE for me so far. I seriously average one Cactuar per 2 dungeons. Got more 3* than 4* from them... Saw only one Gigantuar. I must have angered the cactuars god. Maybe that's what I get from successfully letting a cactus die when I was younger. It's not super difficult to maintain...

Balphon

Poor Galuf, no one cares about you until your OP SB comes out.

They abandoned class sprites/roles for the FFV cast for whatever reason. Lenna is in the White Mage class and Galuf is a Monk, but Bartz, Faris, and Krile are in their Freelancer outfits, with the former two having particularly broad ability sets. I believe there are unused sprites for Knight Bartz, Summoner Faris and Beastmaster Krile, however.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
is it just me or does auron kinda suck

i thought he would not suck when i leveled him up but then i did and he still sucks ??

Falk

that puzzling face
HE CAN'T USE FULL BREAK

CONFIRMED FOR FAKE AURON

edit: At 50 he's still so-so. For what it's worth, at 65, he zooms to tied for 2nd place on ATK (after Sephiroth), decent HP, but middling DEF. In other words a far better retaliate bot than e.g. Cyan (or Tyro or Samurai, heh) especially in FFX realms.

edit2: The official strat site took Cloud off the 65 rankings because he's got MC2. Oh my god that's not how you do the rankings put Cloud back.

Now that I've been able to level break 4 FFVI characters all this FFVI gear I have can finally go to clearing out some higher level event dungeons. Yeah I know I should be doing the elite event but I'm on a high doing 90+ level dungeons feels good man

Edit: How do you get Cloud's MC2? Is it a bonus battle for this new event :X

Balphon

Now that I've been able to level break 4 FFVI characters all this FFVI gear I have can finally go to clearing out some higher level event dungeons. Yeah I know I should be doing the elite event but I'm on a high doing 90+ level dungeons feels good man

Edit: How do you get Cloud's MC2? Is it a bonus battle for this new event :X

EX++ (Jenova LIFE).

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
HE CAN'T USE FULL BREAK

CONFIRMED FOR FAKE AURON

edit: At 50 he's still so-so. For what it's worth, at 65, he zooms to tied for 2nd place on ATK (after Sephiroth), decent HP, but middling DEF. In other words a far better retaliate bot than e.g. Cyan (or Tyro or Samurai, heh) especially in FFX realms.

edit2: The official strat site took Cloud off the 65 rankings because he's got MC2. Oh my god that's not how you do the rankings put Cloud back.

but, like, he has garbage ability options and having a good choice for the ability slot matters exponentially more than the marginal damage

Falk

that puzzling face
but, like, he has garbage ability options and having a good choice for the ability slot matters exponentially more than the marginal damage

Eh, yeah, I agree with you. I just thought you meant from a stat perspective since you said levelling.

(Yukikaze's awesome as Bladeblitz #2 even though it has a long-ass animation. Also I hilariously managed to blind Reno with it)

Narag

Finally saved up 25 mythril again and scored Thancred's daggers, Garnet's storm staff, and a second rising sun for Rinoa.

Vorpal

But... !

pIGRZoY.png

Red Mage

On the JP version I have Zack and Cid's new SBs, they're pretty nifty. A lot of the upcoming ones are either multiple hits or hit-all + shell/haste/whatever for the party.

So, according to the FFRK reddit the ETA for Dungeon Update 12 is on the 25th, which leaves 2 days before Phase 3 of the orb dungeon ends. Being that I'm lower on mythril than I'd intended on being due to the discounted relic banners, I decided to see if it would be worth completing the dungeon update during the event for the mythil to use as refreshes for the orb dungeon using some (very) rough math.

It's expected that the total stamina cost of completing all of the new dungeons is 1,173 (58.65 hours,) however there will be 3 stamina refreshes from shards bringing us to 140 stamina total, so if it does come out on the 25th you can likely still complete it in time without spending mythril if you don't let any stamina go to waste. Otherwise you may need to use 1 or 2 to complete it in time.

Assuming 18 mythril at 140 stamina each, that's 2520 stamina from mythril in addition to the 417 from stamina shard refreshes, leaving you with a net of 1764 stamina. This is equivalent to about 117 battles or 39 full dungeon runs. Additionally, by completing the dungeons now, that leaves you with 1173 - 417 = 756 stamina after the orb dungeon to spend how you wish - equivalent to 50 daily dungeon battles, or about 17 full runs.

Using the average drop rates from FFRKI I made a simplifying assumption that all types of 3*,4*, and 5* orbs have the same drop rate resulting in the following estimates:

Keep in mind that these are very rough estimates, do not account for standard deviation, and well, technically incorrect since we don't actually know the underlying distribution. I'm far too lazy to spend any more time on it though to try to do it any better than this since this is good enough for my purposes. Just thought that I'd share. Personally, I think I'm going all in to squeeze every last bit out of it.

edit: Adjusted stamina cost for if you waited until afterwards. Forgot to account for refreshes.
edit 2: Failed to indicate that the estimates were per orb type which made this look less good than it actually is. Decided to just reformat my spreadsheet and upload an image.

Falk

that puzzling face
Additionally, by completing the dungeons now, that leaves you with 1173 stamina after the orb dungeon to spend how you wish - equivalent to 78 daily dungeon battles, or 26 full runs.

Pretty much all spent trying to get Raithwall 3 to drop a single Major Earth orb because Cacutar.

Falk

that puzzling face
2 major orbs

both white

Cacutar why

So are Breakdowns worth crafting now that there's Full Break?

Half the point is because they stack like a boss!

(It's also great if for whatever reason you're really, really short on slots)

Not too mention FF2 just had magic and spells weren't really classified as black/white.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom