• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
I lost Y'shtola fighting Necrophobe but still mastered on the first try. What's nice about having 158 Stamina is that you can complete all the bonus battles in one session. Can't wait to grind out this weekends orbfest.

ZangBa

I was expecting Wendigo to be really annoying since I just did the elite, but he has like 1/5 of his hp, so it was really easy just to kill him with meteor.

+++ looks annoying, I'll try it later.

I had to do the +++ twice, I did not go in smart (physical and mage mix) and barely manged to beat it (no master).

I went back in with a full mage team (plus bard magic up song) for an easy master. Full party haste is probably important, having three things that can area blast you stinks even with mitigation.

I'm going to have to do Ultimate tomorrow (if I can squeeze it in before Orbs) or Monday.

Spocker

Necrophobe was way too easy, first Ultimate i didn't even use a S/L

Full mage party (4 mages+1 healer) with one AoE spell/summons and a R4 honed 4* elemental spell each.
Barriers took 2 turns to kill, then 6 more turns with single target spells and he was dead.
Healer had shellga and curaja R4, had to heal maybe 4-5 times in total.
Sentinel's Grimoire used as RW

B.K.

I almost had Necrophobe beat. One more spell or ability to hit its weaknesses would have beat it. I'm going to wait a few hours and try again. I need to rearrange some abilities and home a few. I got Gilgamesh in my party since I drew a Zantesuken and put Ice Jump on him to hit the ice weakness, but it was just R1. Honing it a few times will help. I need to swap around Esuna and Shellga on Tyro and Lenna, too. I need Tyro to be able to use Life Siphon so he can use Sentinel Grimore more often.

NeoForte

So did 4 pulls of 11 in the 5 banners. Got Exdeath's, Krile's Relics, and 2 Icebrands (on top the 2 I got in Faris'). No Sage's Staff still damn it :(.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is there a way to do the +++ with Retameta? Since you can't aim the retaliate, I'm finding that what happens is that one guy goes down too fast.

Edit: I guess the last two bosses are for mage parties only? Rip me. :(

Definitely mage party time. This ultimate Necro will probably go down as the easiest Ultimate for the majority of us. I put on the terra rm2 (chance to double cast black magic) but it never triggered once. Probably a really low chance otherwise it'd be way too good.

WarAdept

Definitely mage party time. This ultimate Necro will probably go down as the easiest Ultimate for the majority of us. I put on the terra rm2 (chance to double cast black magic) but it never triggered once. Probably a really low chance otherwise it'd be way too good.

13% chance to trigger Blood of Espers RM. It's alright I guess.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do for Necrophobe. My Mage hones are pathetic (R4 Ruinga, R3 Valefor, R4 Waterja and R4 Curaga) with some low honed -ga spells here and there. Might have to deal with Blind and try to Advance it.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do for Necrophobe. My Mage hones are pathetic (R4 Ruinga, R3 Valefor, R4 Waterja and R4 Curaga) with some low honed -ga spells here and there. Might have to deal with Blind and try to Advance it.

This was the first ultimate I didn't use Advance on because my magic hones are on point. This boss gets the extra damage on him due to being weak to everything too. If those are really your only spells then yeah you may have to go advance. If you have orbs to craft stuff though, may as well do it now.

Balphon

It's likely going to be better than anything else most of the time given how 4* black magic is biased towards big single hits.

My best unit in that fight was probably Gilgamesh with R1 Flashing Blade and R4 Thunder Jump. Flash has a low proc rate and Flashing Blade can't miss anyway.

B.K.

Necrophobe mastered. It went pretty well, but it got a bit hairy at the end when it started nuking with Flare and -ajas. Lenna died just before the last hit that killed it, but I still got mastery even with her dead.

broz0rs

That +++ fight I used Gilgamesh to spam Yukikaze and Dark Moon for decent AOE damage. Super helpful considering the AOE trinity of Quake, Ruinga, and Valefor isn't as honed as much as I'd like.

B.K.

That +++ fight I used Gilgamesh to spam Yukikaze and Dark Moon for decent AOE damage. Super helpful considering the AOE trinity of Quake, Ruinga, and Valefor isn't as honed as much as I'd like.

I had Cloud use one of the -aga Spellblades to hit a weakness, Squall alternate between a spellblade and Bladeblitz, Exdeath spammed Quake, and Krile spammed Ruinga. When Cloud's soul break gauge filled up, I had him use his SSB. I accidentally killed the one on top before the others, but I got the rest killed before it revived.

broz0rs

I'm going to retry and master ++. I had the same problem as Mich. If I cast sleep right before Ruinga hits, will it hit the right one even if I didn't manually target the correct Wendigo?

One thing I noticed today, Optimize actually works right now. I actually get loadouts with realm synergy instead of it just equipping crap ass soul break gear.

Dragner

Hrm, so what spells should I try for to be able to beat the +++ and ultimate? All the AoE spells and -ga spells?

basically dancer breakdowns, meteor, ruinga and -ja spells.

Another method is just carbuncle and let the spells reflect. This is risky because sometimes yoy are just aoe'd to death but doable if you dont have high AOE hones. Just RW Yuna or Lennas SB if you dont have curaga + high regen.

tenton

Finally got a good 100 gem draw.

25027682851_65893230f1_b.jpg

Time to dust off Gilgamesh and kick some ass. :p

Well my plans to get a stamina refresh for orb day have had a brilliant start. I decided to do a 65 stamina FFXIV dungeon thinking it had one of the two shards I'll need and it doesn't. Turns out the two shards are in the 61 stamina FFXIV dungeon (I knew of) and the last FFX dungeon (that dungeon is a bit of a hassle with how there are two bosses and the first boss gets really high defence about halfway through)

Regarding Ultimate. Given I've seen a no unique SB strategy I guess I'll have to try eventually. I foresee a lot of S/L though due to that nature of that strategy (RW is your only healing, also my healing RW seem to mostly be Yuna with no FFV synergy equipped :( ). Not sure I'd bring Gilgamesh to mine though as my equipment and hones better suit a 5th mage.

12.5% chance apparently. This puts it in the ballpark of Vov of vengence (+10% mag which works out as +14% damage) and witch of succession (+15% damage) though.

Grzi

The +++ is kind of hard for me right now. Managed to kill two of them and the third one revived them before I could hit him two more times which would have been enough for the kill.

Might have to put it on hold until after the Orb Fest so I can gain some levels and hones.
The Ultimate seems easier since you don't have to bother with revivals.

MicH

I can equip my Lenna with all FFV gear if you want her as your RW. I believe she has 495 MND with synergy

Code is 9rsP

So yeah Blood of Espers (12.5% chance of doublecast). Turns out the second cast hits either random enemy target or lowest % HP. I was using Firaja on +++ and Triton who was lowest % HP so got target by second cast and healed. In a different attempt again with Firagja it seemed to hit lowest % HP again. Based on those two scenarios second cast hitting lowest % HP seems likely.

Of course with the Ultimate battle my thought is does it trigger counters.

I kind of messed up that +++ though by having no mitgation outside of shellga. Lucked out on getting champion though thanks to no don't get KOd requirement. But really, bring mitigation, their magic hits hard.

I can equip my Lenna with all FFV gear if you want her as your RW. I believe she has 495 MND with synergy

Code is 9rsP
I've done one try of the Ultimate using that RW (got to 25% HP and three AoE attacks in a row was me dead...like I said before, some S/L is required). Healing for around 2200 is handy.

Edit: Got champion on second S/L. He finished himself off with single target spells (was scary, I had Rinoa use Waterja and was hoping for a dualcast to happen...it didn't he cast single target magic, didn't die, cast another single target). He dropped a major power orb too (take that Vossler farmers). Krille was stuck doing nothing for most of Necro as her R4 Thunaja had run out of uses.

12.5% chance apparently. This puts it in the ballpark of Vov of vengence (+10% mag which works out as +14% damage) and witch of succession (+15% damage) though.

I wonder save scumming to make sure it goes off the first time you use black magic is worth it.....

of course it isn't

firehawk12

Subete no aware
basically dancer breakdowns, meteor, ruinga and -ja spells.

Another method is just carbuncle and let the spells reflect. This is risky because sometimes yoy are just aoe'd to death but doable if you dont have high AOE hones. Just RW Yuna or Lennas SB if you dont have curaga + high regen.
How do you mitigate his stupid AoE physical thing? Even with SG, it nearly kills. I don't think it's possible to bring all the spells + AoE spells + shellga + breakdowns + protectga... yeesh. lol

LucaMac

R4 Pheonix the MVP in an ultimate once again. As long as I prioritised keeping Rydia topped up others could bite the bullet and I could skimp on healing to do more damage. In this case it was also doing 9999 as well as reviving.

Grzi

Code is 9rsP

Thanks for helping, I followed you even though I managed to beat them. Healing wasn't the issue, and I absolutely need SG as my RW. After honing Maduin and Quake to R3 the fight was a breeze.
Not sure if I'm ready for Ultimate though, I think I'll train my Gilgamesh first so I can use the Flashing Blade skill.

How do you mitigate his stupid AoE physical thing? Even with SG, it nearly kills. I don't think it's possible to bring all the spells + AoE spells + shellga + breakdowns + protectga... yeesh. lol
It is a long range physical attack which I think is what makes it seem really strong.

I had Faris with Steal Power and the AoE Magic Break dance (this also means I don't have to worry about blind here). In the Necro part of the battle alternating between those two was pretty much all she did. I think my damage from vacuum wave was about 1100 after steal power and protectga.

I was using a carbuncle based method and main change would be put Protectga on your white mage (who is bringing diaga) and shellga on your sage as this should help with spell uses as I was having R4 ajas run out of uses (Diaga has 2 more uses).

Making all those R4 ajas has completely bankcrupted me on GBO.

I chose to keep the AoE magic at home as I was really worried about the counters the barriers can do.

Grzi

Tried the Ultimate boss, did pretty well until my second SG wore off and he started destroying me with spells.
Looks like I need to bring Carbuncle, but if I do, I have to get rid off Maduin, which will make the first phase much harder.
OR
I could just drop Curaga and wait for my SB gauge to fill up for AoE healing lol
We'll see, but I'm not giving up!

Latest updates from me:

Thank you all for the RM recommendations! I snagged a bunch yesterday. Got Josef's on my first attempt, but I wish it was stronger. It really cuts down the damage you do.

Really not looking forward to completing this battle for the new MC2 but I've gotta level up ExDeath first.

SUPER stoked for the orb fest this weekend.

Latest updates from me:

Thank you all for the RM recommendations! I snagged a bunch yesterday. Got Josef's on my first attempt, but I wish it was stronger. It really cuts down the damage you do.

Really not looking forward to completing this battle for the new MC2 but I've gotta level up ExDeath first.

Josef on first attempt, with all due respect, fuck you! I blew well over 1000 stamina for that bullshit back when stamina was in short supply! Though I did end up with hundred and hundreds and wind and power orbs....

Necrophobe went down like a chump.

Sooooo.. are there many multi-target Ultimates coming up? Since I nuked this one without Meteor, I'm thinking it might be safe to put all my orbs into Flare finally.

Josef on first attempt, with all due respect, fuck you! I blew well over 1000 stamina for that bullshit back when stamina was in short supply! Though I did end up with hundred and hundreds and wind and power orbs....

LOL! Sorry, I did feel so lucky when I got it though! And thank goodness too, my FF2 synergy sucks and I didn't want to stick around in those dungeons for too long.

Noi

Latest updates from me:

Common horror stories on Reddit include spending upwards of 2k stamina on that single RM and not getting it, so you definitely dodged a bullet there. Hell, it took me ~900 stamina, eating up multiple mythrils for refreshes, just to get it for a particular event boss I was having trouble with.

So is there any data on orb percentages for Ultimates?

Necrophobe drops a Major Power Orb and I am confident I can easily farm it if the rate is okay.

Common horror stories on Reddit include spending upwards of 2k stamina on that single RM and not getting it, so you definitely dodged a bullet there. Hell, it took me ~900 stamina, eating up multiple mythrils for refreshes, just to get it for a particular event boss I was having trouble with.

Definitely dodged that bullet! Farming now for Cid's EXP RM, and I coincidentally just got Cloud's Mako Might. Hoping Cid's can come in handy this weekend.

Edit: Got Red XII and WoL's RM too, still no Cid. LOL. This is taking forever.

Edit 2: Just got Irvine's now. Still no Cid.

Edit 3: FINALLY got Cid's! Woo!

RECORD MATERIA FARMING QUESTION

So I'm at Mako Reactor No. 5 farming for RM that requires Cid to be in my party in a FFVII dungeon. The level has three stages. Do I have to complete stages 1-2-3 over and over, or can I just continuously do stage 1? Will it show up if I only do the first stage over and over?

RivalCore

Definitely dodged that bullet! Farming now for Cid's EXP RM, and I coincidentally just got Cloud's Mako Might. Hoping Cid's can come in handy this weekend.

Edit: Got Red XII and WoL's RM too, still no Cid. LOL. This is taking forever.

Edit 2: Just got Irvine's now. Still no Cid.

Edit 3: FINALLY got Cid's! Woo!

RECORD MATERIA FARMING QUESTION

So I'm at Mako Reactor No. 5 farming for RM that requires Cid to be in my party in a FFVII dungeon. The level has three stages. Do I have to complete stages 1-2-3 over and over, or can I just continuously do stage 1? Will it show up if I only do the first stage over and over?

You can keep farming the same stage over and over.

Jyrii

Banned
hah hardest part of Wendigo fight was to land sleep.

I just attacked them with skills without targeting and finally used Cloud's Blade Beam

If you're around for the start of orbfest and have 140 stamina now your bar should be empty now.

hah hardest part of Wendigo fight was to land sleep.
I still don't get the mechanics. I hit one, its HP bar appear, I immediately use sleep on that one, the sleep animation happens on a different one but then it turns out the real one might be on a different one again (I think what it happening is the fakes can still move until the real one has it's HP bar revealed again).

So is there any data on orb percentages for Ultimates?

Necrophobe drops a Major Power Orb and I am confident I can easily farm it if the rate is okay.
I've not used FFRK inspector in a long time (it's kind of stopped working for me) and the spreadsheet that automatically grabs the inspector data doesn't have that fight up for some reason.

I seem to recall it would be around the 10% chance which quite frankly makes it similar to doing the daily dungeons and then doing orb conversion.

Having a peek at the official site it seems Necrophobe can also drop greater black orbs (official site only lists the major power as a mastery reward...guess they can't label it as being both).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom