• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

broz0rs

I received a major white and a wind orb today. I think I'll stam refresh five times tonight.

Adding to the list of awesome RMs, I like Thunderstroke, which is Lightening's RM2. It's great for auto-battle. Stick it to a character with high attack and speed. Watch him/her go to work.

Balphon

It gives 200% of their cut (which btw overwrites a 150% cut RS gives) and their cut will be smaller for having more party members.

Eventually there are more characters with this RM. Currently the difference between 3 party members and 5 party members isn't much in the grand scheme of things (taking into account activation rates, something 3%, 4%, 5% for 5,4 and 3 respectively), 1 or 2 is when things get larger big (10% and 20%). I personally run parties of 4 right now as that is convenient for me.

1 party member = 20% more total exp. on average
2 = 10% more
3 = 6.7% more
4 = 5% more
5 = 4% more

Though with a smaller party you will also obviously concentrate the total exp. yield more, which can be beneficial.

Falk

that puzzling face
I wouldn't be surprised if major Power/White/Black/Summon drop a lot more than the other flavors considering they're the most used. (Well, except White, but in general)

But we're far too small of a sample size to say for sure.

c-murph

I wouldn't be surprised if major Power/White/Black/Summon drop a lot more than the other flavors considering they're the most used. (Well, except White, but in general)

But we're far too small of a sample size to say for sure.

Don't you bring you science into this.

LucaMac

You aren't gaining anything significant by doing it this way.

It's proc'ing between 20 and 25% of the time for me. Seems quite significant.

I've three of them in Japan which makes life easier, but only got the second and third after their last orbfest. For reference the other two characters are Relm and one of the Mysidia twins (Can never remember which is which and in this case its in Japanese. The BM)

MrDaravon

tfw when you've barely been able to even boot the game at all this week :(. I'm barely gonna manage to run the weekend orbfest at all the difficulties for the mythril, goddamn.

Also did 2 3-pulls in an attempt to get Lenna's Medica Staff, denied. Still massively bums me out that I can't get that for her.

MrDaravon

Just spent like 30 minutes clearing out my inventory of all the garbage 3* items that don't do me any good (even as 3++ with RS), upgrading/combining everything etc. Went from like 230 items to 160. feelsgoodman.jpg

I wonder what the odds of getting the same 2* item in two consecutive days of the daily draw are because that is just what happened to me. The item in mind; Mage's Staff (II). At 2*++ its RS stats are 101 mind. I have better than that.

I'm wondering if it more likely than getting any 5*...probably and who would want to hear a boring story of some lame 5* instead of two lame 2* items back to back :( Well at least I'm getting 2* items. I swear I've had months of nothing but 1*.

MicH

So far I've gotten four major orbs; two White and two Lightning. Not bad. No refreshes except getting a 5th shard in the last XIV dungeon

Ten Mythril refreshes and one shard refresh, only three Major Orbs (one White, two Lightning).

Pretty crummy, but I'll take the EXP and the much needed Greater Wind Orbs and save my luck for the Soul Break Celebration.

Grzi

Six Mythril refreshes, six Major Orbs - four White, one Lightning and one Wind.
Not bad but it could have been better.

Falk

that puzzling face
I just realized I did this entire Orbfest with Cid's RM2 equipped on Gau who hit lv50 before I'd even finished running through the stages for Mythril and was swapped out.

...............God damn it Gau

ZangBa

I haven't counted how many majors I've gotten, probably like 2 anyway. I've been too focused on playing SFV, so I'm just tapping on Ruinga while looking at the TV, lol.

Noi

I'm at 10 majors. 8 white, 2 Lightning.

I've gone from Major Dark being my highest number at 32 to Major White being the highest at 34. I guess I'm ready for the five star dance by now.

Ahnez

1 Gigantuar - 1 Lightning orb

.. ok

Also, going from Hard to Heroic, dif 45 to 80 - not much harder.

Heroic to +, dif 80 to 90 - can't beat the first part

wat?

c-murph

1 Gigantuar - 1 Lightning orb

.. ok

Also, going from Hard to Heroic, dif 45 to 80 - not much harder.

Heroic to +, dif 80 to 90 - can't beat the first part

wat?

Yeah, the orb fest is pretty easy on (+). Easy meaning you have some level 50+ characters to carry you.

WarAdept

Well I've levelled all the upcoming characters who have a potential MC2 soon to 65 (with the exception of Selphie, don't have her MC1 yet).

Need to decide who I'll slap the MC2's on for SSB Fest. Although it'll probably be determined if I pull their SSB's or not.

I've gotten good luck from this Orbfest (for a change). 4 MWO, 2 MLO and 2MWO for 6 stamina refreshes. Maybe I should invest more in Orbfest refreshes, seem to be doing more for me than pulling.

Just a heads up, most of the standout relics, including all of Jecht's, from the upcoming event will be available again during the next FFX event at a higher draw rate, and that event is only approximately a month and half away. So if you're planning on pulling for them, it might be wiser to wait.

100 gem got me a Seekers Shield, my first haste relic! The holy trinity is finally complete, with Tyro's book, and several AOE heals. Just wish haste was on someone other than Tidus...

Ended up increasing orb stockpile by roughly, spent 6 mythril I believe:
11.4 Major Whites
9.5 Major Lightnings
11.3 Major Winds

buoyed by 3 MWhO, 1 MLO, 3 MWiO

All named characters now maxed except for
Galuf at 76
Kefka at 62
Penelo at 61
Quina at 56
FuSoYa at 51

Now the question is how to budget for the remaining 2 weekends of orbfests while maintaining a mythril stockpile for the ssb fest and the tactics banner. Goal-50 mythril per banner (subject to change once we know the relics of course, some may be skippable entirely) for 300 mythril total needed. On hand before starting the Jecht event, 221. Including this event and tactics, 7 events for a total of 70 mythril. So with the daily login bonus and a new dungeon drop, will easily have well over the 300 desired and can devote more than the 10 mythril rewarded per orb weekend. Of course, we are going to get a nice anniversary award of mythril as well, 25 or 50 I would think on top of a new set of daily bonuses for the anniversary. In the event of lucky banners, I'll likely just pay gems.

Valus

What's the chance of Cid's RM activating? On the description it says "slight chance" but the way people are talking about it above makes it sound like it's guaranteed.

WarAdept

What's the chance of Cid's RM activating? On the description it says "slight chance" but the way people are talking about it above makes it sound like it's guaranteed.

20%.

The numbers above take into account the average XP gains depending on how many characters you have in your party with the RM equipped.

Solo obviously nets the highest gains due to that character not sharing any of the XP, but becomes problematic farming SunDaily/Orbfest if they can't spam AoE.

Generally I do a duo party of X member with Cid's RM in question paired up with someone who can spam Ruinga. Less headache that way.

Man it'd be cool if I could just automatically sell anything less than 3* that gets added to my inventory.

I'm thinking of parring off some of my 3* accessories now too, they feel devalued with all the rewards we've got from Ultimates.

Also, speaking off Ultimate accessories that one from Necrophobe is pretty legit - is the resistance buff affected by Realm Synergy? It's not a stat you can see when equipping it but it made a hell of a difference on my second kill of Necrophobe.

Falk

that puzzling face
I recall my tests of the older resist rings giving 10% resist and 20% in VII, so yeah, I'd assume they are. No idea of values for the new 5* ones.

Kouriozan

5 days left before FF VII AC event and everyone getting pissed that DeNA changed the blank MC2 and Black Crystal for Ultima.
Surprise Hall of Rites and Nightmare dungeons release please!

Dragner

I cant care less about cloud BSSB, so close to SSB fest and tactics and banner outside of Cloud weapons is pretty meh. Im hoping we have the awesome BSB banner Japan had and bet there.

Only BSSB Im pumped about is Pecil one. I think is the best.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just a heads up, most of the standout relics, including all of Jecht's, from the upcoming event will be available again during the next FFX event at a higher draw rate, and that event is only approximately a month and half away. So if you're planning on pulling for them, it might be wiser to wait.
Are they finally upping the drop rate?

Razmos

Only BSSB I'm interested in is Yuna's. Strong all enemy attack and a strong all ally heal? Yes please

Is it worth it to invest in creating the -ja versions of the elements?
Absolutely.

On a related note, I had Firaja activate doublecast against Melusine when she was weak to fire, beautiful.

WarAdept

Well Necrophobe was the most fun I've had in an Ultimate so far. He was basically free yes, but the spell spam and me going into it with new highly honed abilities just made me feel super powerful.

Finally slapped my hoarding side silly and converted all my 3* Orbs into 4* to make R4 Firaja/Blizzaja/Thundaja/Waterja/Banishing Strike. Those 5 (I didn't even get to use Waterja) in combination with Blade Flash (amazing help for something that they just gave away in the previous battle), Ruinga and Valefor meant poor Necrophobe and his barriers melted in seconds.

I might actually farm him if he drops anything worthwhile (IE Major Power/Holy). Need to look it up.

LucaMac

Just drew Faris' BSSB in Japan. I'm stocked up to my eyes with support users with good soul breaks, going to end up fielding a full team of support users. Wakka (Aurochs reels) and Irvine (Canister Shot) have been fighting over Magic and Armour Breakdown carrier for a while. May have to oust them except for specific situations. (Things that need to be blinded/poisoned I'll bring Wakka, really high defenses bring Irvine)

Apart from that I've a good few SBs and a few SSBs mostly rotting on the bench apart from their respective realms (Kain is massacring IV elites with his SSB at the moment). I really hope my global account can reach these highs with power creep. Though without rolling gatcha I doubt it.

Noi

The Difficulty 90 and 99 fights in this event are the most fun ones I've done in a long while. I didn't think fighting Sin would translate to RK very well, but here we are.

Meanwhile, U. Seymour Flux sounds like a butt. Multiple ultimate dispels in one fight? Blah.

WarAdept

Major Power and greater black. Thing is about a lot of these sorts of drops is it can be just as efficient to daily dungeon farm now that we have orb conversion.

Yeah I saw a post in Reddit mathcrafting everything out, saying that Dailies are the way to go regardless due to Orb Conversion.

Ah well, at least I can muck around on the Jecht event now with 5 shiny new 4* abilities.

4 Combat or not, Kimahri is still shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom