• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
Between AOE heals, wall and Planet Protector I have way too many other white mages to slot in. :|

(give Yell pls)

Jyrii

Banned
I tried Lunar Subterrane part 3 this morning.

That boss fight is bullshit as bad breath ruins me. I killed one of the Lunasaurs and got second one's HP very low. Would have needed my last firaja to land, but confused Vanille caused counter-reflect by attacking it after banishing blade and before firaja.

Got tired of waiting for my Welcome Pack so I emailed DeNA. Within an hour I had the pack in my item chest. That was quicker than I expected.

friz898

Nobody answered my normal post.

So this will be a "concise neogaf post".

How is this game on tablet and bigger displayers?
Does this game run better the more power you throw at it, aka todays top-end tablets.

Thank you.

Today on NA FFRK:

R5dGv2rb.jpg

Ok right on!

Logs into JP game, oooh celerity abyss pull, maybe I won't get 11 3s again:

miOzwctb.jpg

woah, what? 5 rainbow sparklies???

DCIWu84b.jpg

Holy shit! 2 SSBs and 3 others. Now, 4 of these characters are sitting at level 1. 3 of these sbs are quite ancient and for some perspective, the top atk weapon pulled clocks in at a tie for my 13th best atk (in a realm I don't need it), but still, a damn awesome pull!

Negator

Only got Locke second SB weapon in JP celerity gacha, rip.

Celebration coming tomorrow? Does that just so happen to contain...that?

Whoever actually votes for mom bomb should have their FFRK account deactivated and stuff.
Heres why:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/47cb38/murphy_found_a_gold_mine/ said:
Ultros: "Octopus Leg" - 8-hit random attack and medium chance to blind
Phantom Train: "Runaway" - non-elemental all-target damage and medium chance to poison
Behemoth: "Enraged Uppercut - non-elemental all-target damage and medium chance to paralyze
Mother Bomb: "Explode" - fire-elemental all-target damage and damage to self
Bonecrusher is back. In summoning form. There is no summoning version of minus strike so you can't even pretend it has a use.

Pejo

Man...hard choice between Ultros and Phantom Train....

Behemoth probably has the best skill though, oh well.

Also, holy shit I just saw Kefka's soul break attack when I rented a Kefka for shits n giggles. They really stepped up the special effects in this game over the past few months.

yasu151

Does this game run better the more power you throw at it, aka todays top-end tablets.
Thank you.

I can only speak from my experience, but I have an old (by today's standards) Samsung Galaxy S4mini phone. It's lackluster and lacking in many ways, and plays FFRK beautifully. I also have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition tablet. It's beefier in every way, and the performance is pretty abyssal, though got better with the udpate. I can only speculate that FFRK doesn't scale well with higher resolution tablets unless the CPU's are super beefy. (And I though my tablet was beefy.) Still, if anyone else cares to comment on their experiences, I'm sure I'm just a pebble in a pond.

Jarekx

If Phantom Train's animation had Sabin suplexing it then it would be a lock.

Edit: Or better yet, whoever summoned it.
Eiko suplexing a train plz DeNA

LucaMac

Nobody answered my normal post.

So this will be a "concise neogaf post".

Thank you.

I also use an S4 mini. Ive found anything else below that spec/ansroid version can be really clunky. Broke my phine a whike back and used a sony xperia for a while and had to just give up until I found bluestacks/Andy android to keep me ticking over til my phone got back. If you're happy with your phone other than ffrk it may be worth trying bluestacks/Andy if you have decent computer access. Very smooth. I used to arrange equipment etc on the computer (before ui update it was a nightmare) and then use the xperia avoidig the nasty loads and crashes. I imagine a decent tablet would run it nicely.

broz0rs

The game runs pretty terribly on older devices such as iPad mini, but it's significantly better than how it was before. The game runs very smooth on iPhone 6S. Last example, the game is next level on a PC with Droid4X Android emulator.

Razmos

The game runs really smoothly on my quite new 10' tablet. It chugs slightly when using soul breaks like Garnet's Leviathan though. (Though that is ridiculously excessive)

MrDaravon

I hadn't checked this thread or reddit for a few days so was confused as hell at the CG movie that started playing when I booted up the game this morning lol. I welcome any and all free mythril from our DeNA overlords.

Falk

that puzzling face
I dunno, it just feels weird getting this string of almost-5s (Gold Sword, pumpkin, Witch's Hat, Christmas item, New Year's gun, another Gold Sword, even Yuna's Obi) when they straight out gave a Zantetsuken as the first freebie 5*, and gear has gotten insanely better since.

At least there's a learnable SB for this one!

edit: p.s. keeping my Gold Swords in case they ever cough up a last one because I wanna see how much ATK with synergy a 5++ freebie item gets hahaha.

This grimoire is junk, mediocre stats, mediocre sb, tyro only and core only synergy. This is the 6th grimoire released, considering one is in the beginner banner and much better in all regards to this one, seems like a waste other than for the games theme. My third grimoire, this is going into long term storage in case we get another down the road to combine.

ccbfan

What are some good ways to burn stamina?

Only have 4 total elite levels left.

I'm thinking of getting RMs on bad daily days and dailies on good days?

Also whats the best way to get exp.

Vote Phantom Train

Orthros isn't even a true AoE and we already have a AoE Blind ability. (Yukikaze) Phantom Train fills the only niche we don't currently have an alternative to in Global and it's a guaranteed AoE hit non-elemental summon, and it may even receive a boost once the Summon buff is applied to global. Granted there is an AoE Poison ability on the horizon via Machinist, but it's further down the road. Plus it's a train.

Edit: Also, there's a handful of multi-enemy bosses (including Ultimates) on the horizon that are susceptible to Poison.

Can't decide between Orthros or phantom train :/
On pure utility, Phantom Train wins. It's the only option we don't have an alternative for. (Unless you have Edgar's unique relic.) I know lots of people will vote for Orthos because of 8 hits and because he's a popular character, but he's the same potency as Maduin/Valefor, and his randomness doesn't exactly help. (Blind is a great status effect, but we have other options for it. Plus, if Blind doesn't land on the first try, most people restart anyway, so that's why guaranteed damage to all enemies is more useful IMO.)

Though utility isn't the only factor, so just follow your heart.

WarAdept

Voting for Mum Bomb if I don't get Cloud's BSSB from a 100 gem pull.

Jecht is pretty good, with being able to equip swords and whatnot. Too bad Monk skills are kinda trash.

Anyone tried Explosive Fist?

Minimum damage value on Orthos makes him much more valuable on extremely high RES enemies - not sure which way I'll vote.
Those are a rarity though, and are you gonna bring a low hone skill like a summon to a high level, single enemy, boss fight? (Orthos certainly wouldn't be recommended for any multi-enemy bosses because of the random element, and the diluted damage potential.)

Balphon

Those are a rarity though, and are you gonna bring a low hone skill like a summon to a high level, single enemy, boss fight? (Orthos certainly wouldn't be recommended for any multi-enemy bosses because of the random element, and the diluted damage potential.)

They're going to be a lot less rare going forward. Many upcoming Ultimate/Ultimate+ bosses have nearly 2000 RES. One of the current event bosses in JP has 3800 RES.

Omega had 1500 RES, for reference.

They're going to be a lot less rare going forward. Many upcoming Ultimate/Ultimate+ bosses have nearly 2000 RES. One of the current event bosses in JP has 3800 RES.

Omega had 1500 RES, for reference.
Anything in the 1500-2000 range is perfectly manageable with our current skills. While I'm sure we'll get more crazy high Res bosses like the special Ifrit Japan just had, it's still not really enough to warrant Orthos IMO.

Because he's a summon, the highest hone you can get with him will be 5, and that would be very expensive. And because of the low amount of uses most players will have, it doesn't really make any summon a great option for Ultimates purely based on damage potential unless it's a guaranteed AoE. That's why Phantom Train's AoE status effect, and the guaranteed damage output against multiple enemies make more sense to me. Neither summon is really that amazing, but at least with PT, it addresses a need, and it's a more reliable performer, in not only boss fights, but for usage against trash mobs too.

Any quick/easy strat for necrophobe? Hoping to get this one done before the event is out without much trouble.
Do you have a strong team of mages, particularly one that can stack mitigation?

I have native Runic Blade and Focus, and brought Stoneskin II (via RW), Shellga and Protectga as well. Used AoE magic on the adds, then focused on Necro with high level single target magic. If you still have the Fire and Thunder Rods we got from the past FFV events, equip them to your mages that carry the single target magic and they'll get an elemental damage boost.

I'm definitely weaker on the mage side of things - I've been using primarily physical teams since the first orbfest - but as far as mitigation is concerned, I've got a Thyrus so I could bring Yshtola for a wall SB and 4* support. I also have a few 3++ FFV rods, so I could probably make a mage setup work here.

B.K.

I used more physical attackers on Necrophobe. For the first part of the battle, I used Cloud's SSB, that new 2-hit AOE Samurai ability on Gilgamesh, and Ruinga from a black mage. The four barriers went down in about two turns. After that, I just kept using a spellblade from Cloud, an elemental jump on Gilgamesh, and an elemental spell from my black mage. I used Tyro for wall and Lenna for healing and her default regen soul break. It wasn't too bad until the end when it started nuking every turn. RNG screwed me a couple times and I had to s/l because it kept nuking the same character over and over. If you can get the orbs down fast and keep some kind of wall and Shellga up, it's not too bad, if the RNG doesn't screw you.

I'm definitely weaker on the mage side of things - I've been using primarily physical teams since the first orbfest - but as far as mitigation is concerned, I've got a Thyrus so I could bring Yshtola for a wall SB and 4* support. I also have a few 3++ FFV rods, so I could probably make a mage setup work here.
If you have the rods and Wall you should be set. I'd recommend a Runic Blade/Grand Cross RW then because it will nullify a lot of his damage. (Even some of his AoE magic attacks will still give an ability refill to the user.)

I still had my party saved, so here was my exact setup...

(Unique SBs: Runic Blade, Healing Wind, Focus & Cyclone Grimoire)

As you can see, I brought two white mages as well. Aerith for healing and Shellga, Lenna for Protectga, then she can spam Diaga. I used Lulu and Tyro to set up mitigation (Focus and Wall) then they used their AoE abilities to kill the adds before switching over to single target abilities. Celes used Runic Blade, then used a few of her abilities to help kill the adds. When Necro was available, I used Firaja once with her to get the Mastery condition, then switched to Waterja since it has a quicker casting time to refill Runic Blade, then went back to Firaja. All mitigation was refreshed right before he went into his weak phase.

WarAdept

My 2nd foray into Mage Meta (1st was U Necrophobe and it was an outstanding success) nearly ended in disaster.

Had the last Elite still to go (Sinspawn Genais and Sin Core) and I was surprised at how tanky (physically wise anyway) the fight was from the Classic version.

All the -Ja spells ready to go with Ruinga and Valefore for trash. Silencega and Slowga for the boss. Was totally prepared...

...only I forgot to look up the elemental weaknesses of the boss. Sinspawn Genais absorbs Water so Waterja was useless! I just had enough hones for Genais. Thank god the Core didn't absorb Water and I could unload my Waterja on it.

Moral of the story: Be thorough in your research!

Grzi

Since I have decent FFX physical synergy I decided to clear most of the X Elite Dungeons. Just beat Seymour Flux at difficulty 125 without much problem with nobody at full health plus two of my characters were slowed from the previous rounds.
I know the Ultimate is going to be harder but how much harder can I expect it to be?

Clearos

Only been at the game for 2 weeks but my big win was beating Pyramid 8th -Objet D'Art- floor to get the gil/exdeath memory crystals.

Still leveling WM/BM so my strongest player was cloud at 49. Probably one hit left(rest of party is dead), retaliated a basic attack and boss casted break which missed and cloud was able to down the boss with a normal hit as I had no skills left.

Beginning of the game was a breeze glad to see I'm running into some close match ups. Elite gargoyle was a pain.

B.K.

I really hope we still get the orbfest for the anniversary. I want more easy mythril for the Tactics banner. It would suck if they considered the weekend orb rushes to be global's anniversary orbfest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom