• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wow the ultimate does ultimate dispel twice in the battle?
They're just trying to make SG/SS2 absolutely useless now, aren't they?

Kouriozan

My first +++ clear ! (and champion, but just barely lol)

u4EKiipl.jpg

Got a few day for the ultimate, gonna focus on it.
In 3 days it'll be 2 months since I am back playing it (played the first 2 months, rage-quitted on the first Terra event as I didn't get her sword) I'm pretty happy with my progress.

WarAdept

My first +++ clear ! (and mastery, but just barely lol)

u4EKiipl.jpg

Got a few day for the ultimate, gonna focus on it.
In 3 days it'll be 2 months since I am back playing it (played the first 2 months, rage-quitted on the first Terra event as I didn't get her sword) I'm pretty happy with my progress.

I actually found the +++ event harder than Necro Ultimate. So go for it!

Kaiterra

Banned
Beat Necrophobe but I lost mastery because I cast Curaja on a turn I should've cast Shellga, then ended up casting that Shellga on a turn I should've cast Curaja, resulting in Lenna dying and my having to do the last 1/4 of the fight without a healer. I bet I could get mastery if I redid it but I don't really want to.

Rinoa - Flame Rod++, Ruinga/Firaga; Vivi - Thunder Staff, Meteor/Thundaga; Rydia - Ice Whip, Valefor/Blizzaga; Y'shtola (w/ SS2) - Healing Staff, Diaga/Magic Breakdown (the latter was useless because Flash lol); Lenna - Musk Stick, Curaja/Shellga

I thought Necrophobe's weakness would let me get away with using -ga spells instead of -ja spells but I was mostly wrong about that. There was a notable damage dropoff. Still I was able to win anyway thanks to how fragile he is and how hard Y'shtola was hitting.

Starting with the next event, the relic banners have a different rate.

It's not the rolling gatcha though, just a better chance at the featured relics.

Rolling gatcha has burned me more than once. In na I would drop 50 mythril and move on. In Jp I will plug fives after fives in thinking that I will get a good pull due to the increased odds and before I know it I've spent way more than in should have, mythril wise.

Xetherion

Necrophobe mastered despite him pulling a dick move towards the end and focus-firing Tyro down with a counter Hurricane, AOE Blizzaga, and single target Firaja, all on the one turn after I had Aerith cast Diaga instead of a heal because everyone in my party was at 3/4 hp or higher. Thank you DeNa for no don't get ko'ed requirement.

Despite his shenanigans at the end, I think Necro was the easiest Ultimate yet. I didn't have anyone die to Maduin, but a big part of that was having Edge's Eblan Water Veil SB and using Ace Striker to build up 3 gauges and spam them all during Maduin's Very Weak phase to make him lose 3 actions.

I was also out of uses for almost all my abilites when Maduin finally went down. Compare that to Necro, who was taking max damage from every -ja spell so he went down so fast i still had nearly half my ability uses left.

broz0rs

Mastered Necrophobe. I had to s/l a few times to get a good start; limiting the amount of times getting hit before getting shell and SG up. I think I had an easier time with Yunalesca and Maduin. I also think the difficulty of these Ultimates depends on your team composition, what relics you have, and skills chosen.

LucaMac

Rolling gatcha has burned me more than once. In na I would drop 50 mythril and move on. In Jp I will plug fives after fives in thinking that I will get a good pull due to the increased odds and before I know it I've spent way more than in should have, mythril wise.

I pick one banner per event and keep pulling single pulls til I get a 5* or the banner disappears. Works for me...rolling in 5*s.

friz898

I've been playing this game on a Nexus 6 for a little over 6 months.

It's great, but all that pausing etc..

I know the game isn't well optimized for Android... but I want to stay on the Android format.

If I buy one of the higher powered Gaming Tablets.. like that Shield Tablet, or something else, will I see a nice boost in performance? Also, does the pixelization go from charming to disgusting? I assume most people play on phones?

Thanks any help.

Pejo

So Jecht is one of my favorite FF characters, and I was super pumped that his event was coming up. I am saving a ton of Mythril for the SSB event, but I was willing to burn a 11x pull just to try to get his relic.

On my way into work yesterday morning, I decided to just do the 100 gem pull while stopped at a red light and...

Holy shit this is the first time I've ever been this lucky in this game. I literally felt like I just won the lotto.

Anyways, after unlocking him, I instantly set him as my Friend summon thing.

24 hours later I'm still really pumped about getting it.

Grzi

Happy for you breh
Can't wait to have a similar pull happen to me.

One thing this game definitely does is make you feel the joy (and frustration) of other players like it's your own. Gives a nice sense of community.

Pejo

Happy for you breh
Can't wait to have a similar pull happen to me.

One thing this game definitely does is make you feel the joy (and frustration) of other players like it's your own. Gives a nice sense of community.

That is definitely true. It reminds me of back in the day when everyone was trying (and mostly failing) at getting the Blazfire Saber. Lots of pats on the back went around in those days.

MicH

Someone on Reddit has never saved up more than 10 mythril. He's only ever done one of the Lucky Draws (because we were given 25 mythril at one point) and he's a week 1 player. That's crazy!

broz0rs

That is definitely true. It reminds me of back in the day when everyone was trying (and mostly failing) at getting the Blazfire Saber. Lots of pats on the back went around in those days.

as well as the oceans of salt..

can't wait for Platinum Sword! (FFT)

Jyrii

Banned
So I have already mastered Cloud's Blade beam which gives him +10 attack.

If I somehow would get the BSB sword, would it give another +10 attack?

Or do I actually need to wield the weapon for the boost?

Kouriozan

And my first Ultimate clear + champion, that very weak phase was intense.

Vs1ydF5l.jpg

My equips aren't that great and still no damaging SB, only got Lenna's medica, I used 2 mythrils and got damage +20%, helped a lot for Ruinga, otherwise it only did 5k damages on the barriers.

Oh and still no Mako Might/Dr Mog's Teaching, DeNA please I need the Hall of Rites >.<

MicH

So I have already mastered Cloud's Blade beam which gives him +10 attack.

If I somehow would get the BSB sword, would it give another +10 attack?

Or do I actually need to wield the weapon for the boost?
You'll get another +10 ATK if you master his BSB, yes. You don't have to wield it, just master the SB

Faithless

From yesterday's FREE DRAW.

I haven't seen a rainbow relic in months. Then, I get one for free?

Okaaayyyyy~.

UJIZ5dgl.jpg

Too bad the rest of my day was shit.

Kouriozan

If global also get the 10 millions worldwide download celebration gifts, it'll be my first damaging SB, as bad as it might be lol.
I want to see it happen since I'm using Tyro.

Razmos

Oh, I actually managed to brute force Wendigo because Meteor activated Doublecast twice, lmao. Ended up not losing any medals other than the sleep condition, so still ended up mastering it.

Doublecast activated twice and Sleep Buster never landed once, screw that move, seriously.

Also I hope we get that book.

Kouriozan

Just played my JP account a bit and there is a special video that says "Over 10 millions download" "Thank you for playing" in English, no reason we won't get it.
Maybe a surprise in 2 hours 40 mins.

I swear Sleep Buster has like a sub 5% chance of activating, this Wendigo fight is fucking ridiculous.
Lullaby 20% (no need to poke the real one first)
Sleep Buster 30%
Sleep 30% (have to poke real one and immediately follow up)

I found Sleep worked well (plus it is 1* magic so basically zero costs to get to R5). The problem with sleep buster is if you have a sleeping target and want to keep them asleep, sleep buster is next to useless as using it wakes the enemy (I don't know if it can keep them sleeping 30% of the time).

Though given Wendigo has about 40k HP in the ++ fight sleep expiring shouldn't be a problem...

Edit:
Oh, I actually managed to brute force Wendigo because Meteor activated Doublecast twice, lmao. Ended up not losing any medals other than the sleep condition, so still ended up mastering it.

Doublecast activated twice and Sleep Buster never landed once, screw that move, seriously.
30% chance never activates. 12.5% chance activates. That's RNG for you.

edit: The subreddit can find weird things:
SfKevTN.gif

What does "Today Extension" mean?

Razmos

Beat ultimate Necrophobe after a few attempts, he wasn't fun at all, really annoying.

Failed mastery because he spammed vacuum wave twice in a row when I was just about to beat him, killing 3 of my party members, sigh.

Just got a notification from the FF Portal app.

Celebration Grimoire and 5 Mythril comes tomorrow at 5am PST.

Prize draw for winning more mythril starts at the same time, 30k winners will get between 5 and 100 mythril.

Celebration dungeon starts on 2/26 at 5pm PST. Each dungeon has 3 mythril and 1 Major Growth Egg as a 1st time reward.

FF7AC Event starts on 2/27 at 5pm PST, get Cloud's Wardrobe Record "Cloudy Wolf".

MicH

Prize draw for winning more mythril starts at the same time, 30k winners will get between 5 and 100 mythril.

Celebration dungeon starts on 2/26 at 5pm PST. Each dungeon has 3 mythril and 1 Major Growth Egg as a 1st time reward.

FF7AC Event starts on 2/27 at 5pm PST, get Cloud's Wardrobe Record "Cloudy Wolf".
Oh my god Ghis sounds amazing! 30k winners! That's pretty good.

Kouriozan

Yay, finally I was right that we would get it at 2PM CEST.
But no Hall of Rites/Abyss announcements = they are definitely changing the FF VII AC event rewards.

Kaiterra

Banned

Woo good news.

Yay, finally I was right that we would get it at 2PM CEST.
But no Hall of Rites/Abyss announcements = they are definitely changing the FF VII AC event rewards.

Boo not so good news

New iOS update finally changes "Next Summon" on the notification widget to "Next Relic Draw."

The Stamina still doesn't display correctly if you have a hundred or over, heh.

WarAdept

Well I'm pretty excited for this. Extra dungeon, extra mithril and a free book for the little guy!

Plus a chance to get 100 mithril!
lol

B.K.

Free and easy Mytril! That will start to make up the 25 I threw away trying to get Lenna's staff from the latest V event.

WarAdept

I'm looking at the Ult. Seymour Flux guide on Reddit right now and it looks like I can use a similar team to Ult. Necrophobe.

I'm assuming I can force Mortiochis to not spam Total Annihilation by AoEing it to death which will make things far more easier on me.

These target requirements are absolute balls though.

ccbfan

Mog is quickly becoming my fav white mage.

Great defense and hp.
Have his debuff sb that stacks with breaks.
Decent enough mind for curaja.
Dances for more debuffs.

Best of all? FU dispel.

WarAdept

Mog is quickly becoming my fav white mage.

Great defense and hp.
Have his debuff sb that stacks with breaks.
Decent enough mind for curaja.
Dances for more debuffs.

Best of all? FU dispel.

Really the only thing holding him back (in Japan at least), is the lack of MC2. Those amazing stat growths.

MicH

I have Mog's scarf too, and while I really like Mog and that SB, I just rarely use him. I typically bring Y'shtola (SSII), Aerith (PP), Lenna (AoE heal) or Yuna (AoE heal) instead as I prefer those SBs. So many white mages with hood SBs!

Dragner

I love Mog, a tanky front row white mage with spears? Oh yeah. I want to make him my white mage for scream meta. He can pull decent damage but he needs his MC2. Sunbath and Heroic Harmony are amazing SBs and can use Mog as a support for AOE fights (AOE full break baby).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom