• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
Pre-conversion feature

"I can't wait for conversion feature so I can finally convert my tens of thousands of 3* orbs to 5*!"

Post-conversion feature

"Don't want to hone these 5* abilities, gotta save my orbs!"

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I know the new ultimate hasn't launched yet, but are there strategies for retameta given the two ultimate dispels? I'm assuming you have to do enough DPS without advance or SG for the first dispel, then power up to attack during the second dispel, and hope you have enough to finish the boss fight before the third dispel?

Holy shit, my luck is used up already. First ffx banner, got seekers shield on my 100 gem roll. Second banner, got YUNA'S LULLABY rellc with the 100 gem roll. Nearly screamed!

WarAdept

Well I finally got a 5* from the 100 gem. Jecht's Banana ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
What is with this game and giving me Monk shit. All of Galuf's SB, generic fists in other realms and now this.

B.K.

I just did a 100 Gem pull and a single 5 mythril pull and got the same damn 3* Flame Staff (XII) on both pulls.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What's the best way to get rms?

Been working on it all day with all five characters needing the drop an got one total.
It's RNG. Although I've been finding that the named characters are more likely to drop theirs than the core characters.

---

I got Hymm as well, so now I have 4 all heals... well, apparently it's useful for this Ultimate so that's good, but the two dispels still scare me. No idea how to approach it.

Negator

It's RNG. Although I've been finding that the named characters are more likely to drop theirs than the core characters.

---

I got Hymm as well, so now I have 4 all heals... well, apparently it's useful for this Ultimate so that's good, but the two dispels still scare me. No idea how to approach it.

Use wall after second dispel. He doesn't hit hard at all before 50%. Use other mitigation in the meantime.

Geeeeeee, all the bonus battles were dead easy (no stamina to do Ultimate yet).

I mean, I have a 5★ and a 5★+ sword with X synergy, but I'm pretty sure previous X battles still took some sweat.

MicH

Mastered the ultimate. That was somewhat hard especially if he combos ultimate Dispel and Total Annihilation before you can get your buffs up. I didn't even get my buffs up until the second Dispel because it came do quickly after the first. AoE us amazing so that little dude always leeches 9999 damage off Seymour.

Used Heroic Harmony as RW to get mitigation up even if he Dispels. Fun fight! Got super lucky landing poison with Poison Buster om the first try three times I'm a row on different S/Ls!

Noi

Gem pull!

4zCkdcal.jpeg

My first real Medica. More than pleased!

MrDaravon

Now that I have her 2nd MC I should change to Yuna for my WM since I have the Lullaby Rod right? I've been using Lenna since I had her 2nd MC, but I've failed every time to get any of her relics so I still have no group heal SB (only native SB I have of the Trinity is the SG on Tyro). Like there's no crazy stat differences between the two I'm missing?

Ultimate down, I probably should have done Sunbath (or Planet Protector) considering my setup (Boon, Stoneskin, two 5★ swords), but Heroic Harmony sounded like a good idea when I saw it on the list. Ugh.

I'm happy to have it out of the way quickly, in case this weekend's bonus dungeon is worth repeating for EXP.

*grabs celebratory beer*

Negator

My god, if you don't get wall up after Ultimate Dispel 2 you are just fucked. That was one of the harder ultimates for me. My FFX synergy is lol.

Grzi

The bonus battles leading up to the Ultimate boss were a bit too easy. Didn't heal even once through all of them.
No time to give Ultimate a shot, gotta get ready for work, but I'm looking forward to trying it this afternoon.

ZangBa

Damn, I one shot Seymour, wasn't expecting that. I definitely suggest using Auron to Tauntilate for this. Just wait for the first dispel before applying mitigation and buffs and it's not so bad. Total Annihilation is the only thing that hurts, he was hitting for paltry amounts of damage otherwise, like 100-300 range lol.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeh, the only real danger is Gravija -> Total Annihilation. Remembering to keep Magic Breakdown up on Morti, assuming you have enough mitigation to survive everything else, generally makes it more survivable at approx -40% damage. Everything else seems to be designed to be tankable with standard mitigation after a Gravija hits. Even Flare into Wall/Shell/MBreakdown hits for 500-600 at most.

This feels like the easiest group of bonus battles we've had yet.

Damn, I one shot Seymour, wasn't expecting that. I definitely suggest using Auron to Tauntilate for this. Just wait for the first dispel before applying mitigation and buffs and it's not so bad. Total Annihilation is the only thing that hurts, he was hitting for paltry amounts of damage otherwise, like 100-300 range lol.
Indeed. I used this team for an easy Master w/ a Wall FS (Aerith's group heal was the only SB I used and I did so only once after Gravija).

B8z6wG2l.png

The bonus battles should be subtitled Auron has Knight 3. I got Yuna's RM on the Spectral Keeper and forgot to slow it. Still champion. Why? Auron has Knight 3.

Disclaimer: I don't think Japan had Auron with Knight 3 when these landed for them. They certainly didn't have guaranteed AoE heal thanks to disco ball grimoire.

Pre-conversion feature

"I can't wait for conversion feature so I can finally convert my tens of thousands of 3* orbs to 5*!"

Post-conversion feature

"Don't want to hone these 5* abilities, gotta save my orbs!"

You can also get yourself tied in knots like this trying to even think about it:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe...athcraft_how_much_do_you_hone_5_to_be_useful/
I guess from a balance perspective 5* abilities are not meant to be things you run around with higher hones. When I get enough orbs to make full break R3 I'm not sure if I will as so far if I need more than R2 I actually need a better strategy/relics.

A little thing is I think using 5* orb conversion actually saves gil if you want 4*s. As in it is slightly cheaper to convert 100 3* into 1 5* which you then make 10 4* out of.

Now that I have her 2nd MC I should change to Yuna for my WM since I have the Lullaby Rod right? I've been using Lenna since I had her 2nd MC, but I've failed every time to get any of her relics so I still have no group heal SB (only native SB I have of the Trinity is the SG on Tyro). Like there's no crazy stat differences between the two I'm missing?
Yuna has higher stats in everything but attack and mind but can't equip light armour. Reference:
https://ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/game/951/wiki/Character_FF X_Yuna
https://ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/game/951/wiki/Character_FF V_Lenna
Sometimes they get stats wrong; Beatrix used to have her level 80 attack listed under level 65.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Kind of feel bad for making a R2 Meteor, but I guess it was time to replace Quake with a second viable AoE for grinding purposes if nothing else. That said, it seems only marginally better than Ruinaga - at least for my weak ass Rinoa. lol

Having SG makes the Ultimate much more doable than I thought it would, even with the Dispels. I was able to bring it up 3 times. Dropping the Yuna heal relic helped tremendously too.

Falk

that puzzling face
I guess from a balance perspective 5* abilities are not meant to be things you run around with higher hones. When I get enough orbs to make full break R3 I'm not sure if I will as so far if I need more than R2 I actually need a better strategy/relics.

Some points on that discussion are really sound.

Really though, it's fundamentally a question of straight-out damage vs utility. About half a year ago, everyone was running r2 Breakdowns because 4 shots was 'enough' to get through bosses. You technically don't need more than a r2 Buster for whatever stat debuff gimmick a fight has. For those skills, more hones generally are just to do more damage. This holds true through things like Full Break (you get more uses, which translates into more damage firstly and a longer battle secondly) and Meteor (generally this would be for clearing trash, but more hones are good for more sustained DPS on a boss).

On straight-out damage abilities, though, more hones translates directly into more damage (yes, that sentence sounds stupid lol)

Compared a r4 -ja nuke, which caps out at 80000 damage done total, Barrage/Exploding Fist/Thief Raid only needs to do 20k damage a pop (which isn't hard with buff-stacking meta like Planet Protector, etc) to do equivalent total damage at r2, and accomplishes this in less turns.

This really mirrors the jump from 3* to 4* abilities. Utilities gained in their actual utility while doing little additional damage, and (magic) damage abilities jumped almost double. The best practice was to hone utilities to r2, and damage abilities (Waterja!) to r4. I think that holds true going from 4* to 5*. I'm keeping Full Break at r2 for foreseeable future because 12 turns is still more than enough to cover any boss fight, or any burn phase of a boss fight. Damage abilities, on the other hand, are going to be r4 first. Bahamut is a likely candidate depending how soon we get summon balance changes. I'm probably going to bite the bullet on Barrage just because it can be used by far more people than Thief Raid/Exploding Fist and the 'higher-tier' replacement for it is more than a couple of months off. And we're gonna be neck deep in BSB meta anyway.

edit: Should also say, the above holds true while 4* abilities are still 9999-cap-limited. When bosses start having absurd DEF/RES, then the total difference between 4* and multi-hit 5* abilities actually will be less pronounced, but by then the good ones will be r4 anyway, so it's a moot point.

MrDaravon

Yuna has higher stats in everything but attack and mind but can't equip light armour. Reference:
https://ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/game/951/wiki/Character_FF X_Yuna
https://ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/game/951/wiki/Character_FF V_Lenna
Sometimes they get stats wrong; Beatrix used to have her level 80 attack listed under level 65.

Good to know, thanks! Seems like no real reason not to make the switch, even taking a hit in Mind (attack is obviously a moot point) is worth it for a native group heal SB, and it seems like my WM is usually equipped with one of my native 5* bracers so no light armor shouldn't be a dealbreaker. Now I just have to level her up >_>

Got Ult. Seymour down. Had a few wipes due to the second dispell+Total Annihilation. Then a few s/l's due to sap or slow just not landing. He went down pretty easy one I got my mitigation up at the right time+slow leading into the second dispell.

Kaiterra

Banned
Just made it most of the way through the Ultimate with Advantauntaliate + SSII + Secondary WHM healing through Yuna, but I think relying on a shared group heal SB with Yuna rather than Rosa's is why I was left without enough HP to weather Ult Dispel/Total Annihilation.

I'll try again after work with Rosa.

Noi

That Hyhm of the Faith pull is literally the only reason I beat/mastered Seymour just now. I dont see how I could have recovered as much health as I did otherwise.

Guess Yuna is my de-facto main healer now. Sorry Lenna.

Kain

Oh man, this is the first time ever I've finished everything but the Ultimate, I'm so proud!

I have crappy synergy and only one FFX character worth shit so yes, this is cool.

No way I'm doing the Ultimate, but it's something.

Ultimate was pretty simple for me:

1st or 2nd turn applying tempo flurry slow and venom buster poison
Lulu with her doll nuking with ruinga r4 then Meteor r3
ysthola using wall, then shellga, then healing until 2nd dispell for another wall use
spare attacks for magic and physical breaks, concentrating mainly on the parasite

I used a heal/regen rw

No ssbs in my inventory, though I used SS2 and Auron's dragon fang (near the end) Pretty straightforward once you get the parasite slurping 9999 off seymour constantly.

I have crazy offensive synergy for X: Lightning Steel, Variable Steel, Brotherhood, Shimmering Blade and I tried a full offensive assault with a PP rw, but I didn't have the healing power with just yshtola to make it.

Oh man, this is the first time ever I've finished everything but the Ultimate, I'm so proud!

I have crappy synergy and only one FFX character worth shit so yes, this is cool.

No way I'm doing the Ultimate, but it's something.
If you have at least one adequate piece of FFX melee weaponry and someone who can tauntilate, you might want to even give the Ultimate a try. It's definitely one of the easiest to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom