• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using the orb breakfast to level up characters in anticipation of MC2s and up next in my list is Red XIII. Reddit says he was supposed to get his first memory crystal in "a few days"; was that supposed to be during the current FFVII event? I only vaguely keep up with the Japanese happenings and was surprised not to receive a crystal for him.

Skipped for now, but does anyone know what's up?
I vaguely remember he may be getting his MC with next DU (tomorrow?), together with Ninja

I've been using the orb breakfast to level up characters in anticipation of MC2s and up next in my list is Red XIII. Reddit says he was supposed to get his first memory crystal in "a few days"; was that supposed to be during the current FFVII event? I only vaguely keep up with the Japanese happenings and was surprised not to receive a crystal for him.

Dungeon update. Forest of Moore vs. the Crystals on Elite. GLHF :(

Thankfully it is the third dungeon in the update so stamina costs are only going to be a few hundred. Not sure if it is worth waiting until orbfest ends.

Plaguefox

I vaguely remember he may be getting his MC with next DU (tomorrow?), together with Ninja

Dungeon update. Forest of Moore vs. the Crystals on Elite. GLHF :(

Thankfully it is the third dungeon in the update so stamina costs are only going to be a few hundred. Not sure if it is worth waiting until orbfest ends.
Thank you both! I have quite a few dungeons from the previous two updates yet to finish, so it might not be worth all of the stamina this time. I guess I'll see.

Here are the upcoming Memory Crystals, in rough order (not counting unreleased characters); asterisks are in dungeon updates.

There are a couple here that might be in dungeons right now, but there will be an event version if you aren't up to clearing high level Elites yet.

Clod (MC2).
Vanille.
Celes.
Strago.
Lenna.
Galuf.
Red XIII.*
Squawk.
Squawk (MC2).
Zell.
Steiner.
Vivi.
Eiko.
Maria.*
Wakka.
Mog
Locke.
Dragoon.*
Leon.*
Tyro (MC2).
Rinoa (MC2).
P. Cecil (MC2).
Tidus (MC2).

Wazzy

Banned
^ Did you mean Squall? LOL

My luck hasn't been the greatest this phase but today Gigantuar's are appearing like crazy. Still only one Major Earth orb from them though. :(

My luck hasn't been the greatest this phase but today Gigantuar's are appearing like crazy. Still only one Major Earth orb from them though. :(
I had (sort of) great luck on Thursday, five Major Orbs.. but they were one White and four Holy, argh. Alexander time, I guess.

But I had putrid luck yesterday (zilch) and today I just finished up the FF VII event.

I'm so low on Greater Holy Orbs when I compare with other orbs. I have 77 after this phase of Orb Fest and all I did with them in the past was Diaga to R3, which was fairly cheap on GHO. I don't think that I will upgrade Ruinga because I am close to Meteor R2, I have Valefor R4 and Maduin should be R3 or R4 in a few days. This leaves me with Curaja but I don't think that I need it just yet. Anyone already traded their R5 Curaga for R4 or R5 Curaja?

Oh well, I guess it doesn't matter much if I am "low" on GHO. Maybe I forget something...

I failed to indicate on my estimates a couple of pages back that those numbers were per orb type which made the ROI seem less good than it actually is. Edited it with a screenshot of my spreadsheet.

MicH

I want to hone Diaga to R4, but I need those Wind orbs for Valefor. So annoying how many abilities use them

Balphon

I believe Red's is in the next dungeon update which is coming up.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see all the replies on the new page.

Falk

that puzzling face
Falk, what is the thinking behind Maduin R4? I have Valefor R4 and I was, like you, planning a second one at first. I just know I want 8 charges of Non-Elemental summons.

I would need 79 GSO and 33 GNO for Maduin R4. I have 100 Mythrils to spend between phase 3 and 4. I don't think it's doable, R3 definitely is(maybe with luck and 60/40 I can do R4). Oh and I almost leveled Valefor to R5 by accident! Crisis averted!

I want to hone Diaga to R4, but I need those Wind orbs for Valefor. So annoying how many abilities use them

Pretty much identical reason. While it's cheaper to do Valefor x2, too many other abilities want a shitload of Wind orbs. I'd rather have r4 Maduin in the same timeframe of a r5 Valefor and instead have wind orbs to hone other stuff. r5 can come in a few months. That's okay. No rush.

Pretty much identical reason. While it's cheaper to do Valefor x2, too many other abilities want a shitload of Wind orbs. I'd rather have r4 Maduin in the same timeframe of a r5 Valefor and instead have wind orbs to hone other stuff. r5 can come in a few months. That's okay. No rush.

Makes sense, going with Maduin R4! Combined with Valefor R4 and SMN RM2 it's 2 rounds clear out of 3 for free without being dead weight against the boss. Save if possible on Boss round for 8 casts. Adding 2 RW call from the summoner gets you 10 turns. That's pretty freakin good. Can also add a shared SB or SB to the SMN for even more ass kicking... Can't wait! Poor multi enemies bosses...

MrDaravon

I just got a device that can actually play this (I have a windows phone, don't ask), and I can already tell this game is going to destroy me.

I'm like 20 minutes in and nothing anyone is posting makes any sense yet which is fine, my only question is can I get Terra? I only ask because it looks like there's a timed event of some sort going on relating to her right now? Just want to know if I can only get her while this event is going or something.

I just got a device that can actually play this (I have a windows phone, don't ask), and I can already tell this game is going to destroy me.

I'm like 20 minutes in and nothing anyone is posting makes any sense yet which is fine, my only question is can I get Terra? I only ask because it looks like there's a timed event of some sort going on relating to her right now? Just want to know if I can only get her while this event is going or something.

For now yes, you have 5 hours 30 minutes left to get her. It won't be efficient since you don't have much but you can refresh your stamina from the Mythrils you get at first and from her event. Do the easy part of the Orb Fest event for ok exp and a Mythril. You pulled a 5* which will help you a lot(give it to Cloud) and Roaming Warriors (the character you select before entering a dungeon should one shot any boss for you all the way to Terra). Go with someone who clearly deals damage. If you really want her you can do it!

If you can live without her (not your favorite character let's say), just enjoy the game and at least do the first few levels of Terra for Mythrils and the early "Get tons of Orbs" dungeon before they disappear tonight (easy Mythrils and exp) then follow the flow of the game. Welcome to the community! I am sorry if what I say is mostly confusing.

Azusa

Don't worry about her and just do core dungeons. You can get her later. Somewhere in December/January we will have an event where you can get some missed characters. Also we should get a bonus quest later with Terra as reward.

The extra GSO cost of Maduin hurts. Between that and the fight over GWOs I'm heavily considering just honing Alexander at the moment since few enemies resist/absorb Holy, and whenever it comes up there're always r5 3* summons that could be useful in its place.

Don't know what 5* abilities I want to make yet... Bahamut and Odin seem unnecessary at the moment and I don't want to take up an ability slot for a single use. Meteor could be good to have, though Ruinga is coming and is easier to hone. Full Break I'll be creating for sure and Meteor will probably depend on how well Ruinga works on high difficulty trash waves. The only other current ones that look good are Barrage , Quick Hit, and maybe Entrust, but Barrage uses MWO as well as MPO and MEO used by Meteor and Full Break, Quick Hit has a ridiculously expensive orb cost, and Entrust would be pretty situational (I'm thinking of using it with Cloud's RM3)

MrDaravon

For now yes, you have 5 hours 30 minutes left to get her. It won't be efficient since you don't have much but you can refresh your stamina from the Mythrils you get at first and from her event. Do the easy part of the Orb Fest event for ok exp and a Mythril. You pulled a 5* which will help you a lot(give it to Cloud) and Roaming Warriors (the character you select before entering a dungeon should one shot any boss for you all the way to Terra). Go with someone who clearly deals damage. If you really want her you can do it!

If you can live without her (not your favorite character let's say), just enjoy the game and at least do the first few levels of Terra for Mythrils and the early "Get tons of Orbs" dungeon before they disappear tonight (easy Mythrils and exp) then follow the flow of the game. Welcome to the community! I am sorry if what I say is mostly confusing.

Don't worry about her and just do core dungeons. You can get her later. Somewhere in December/January we will have an event where you can get some missed characters. Also we should get a bonus quest later with Terra as reward.

Thanks for the responses! Terra actually is my favorite FF character >_>. So I'm going to try to make this work, there's no way it's a coincidence that after wanting to get this game for like 6 months I get it on the day where she goes away!

Thanks for the responses! Terra actually is my favorite FF character >_>. So I'm going to try to make this work, there's no way it's a coincidence that after wanting to get this game for like 6 months I get it on the day where she goes away!

There's a Quest (main screen with the realms doors) that gives you one Mythril for doing the daily pull and one that gives you 5 for pulling on a event banner (should be bottom 2). Accept them when you have 4 Mythrils and this will give you a free shot at a relic on Terra's banner (pick the one with the bustier). Even the worse item from it will make you stronger.

MrDaravon

There's a Quest (main screen with the realms doors) that gives you one Mythril for doing the daily pull and one that gives you 5 for pulling on a event banner (should be bottom 2). Accept them when you have 4 Mythrils and this will give you a free shot at a relic on Terra's banner (pick the one with the bustier). Even the worse item from it will make you stronger.

Just did this, got 5 Star Kaiser Knuckles. I...think this is good? lol.

I have so many questions but I just need to play more. The game is kinda crazy with all of the different items and terms and banners all over the place, I'm sure it makes total sense after a bit, but up front it's nuts.

Kaiser Knuckles are for Sabin so not a bad item by any means!

Don't fret too much about Terra yet - there is an event with Celes and Setzer in a few weeks that will add a bonus quest to get Terra again :)

MrDaravon

Kaiser Knuckles are for Sabin so not a bad item by any means!

Don't fret too much about Terra yet - there is an event with Celes and Setzer in a few weeks that will add a bonus quest to get Terra again :)

Good to know! Still going to try to see if I can nab her now, but if not I won't stress out about it.

Good to know! Still going to try to see if I can nab her now, but if not I won't stress out about it.

You lucky person you! Give it to Tyro, he can wear anything. Now you should have 2 characters with 5 stars. Great start, a free character specific relic! Since it's from the same realm as Terra's event, the item will be even stronger (what we call realm synergy). What was your relic from the tutorial?

MrDaravon

You lucky person you! Give it to Tyro, he can wear anything. Now you should have 2 characters with 5 stars. Great start, a free character specific relic! Since it's from the same realm as Terra's event, the item will be even stronger (what we call realm synergy). What was your relic from the tutorial?

I'll check in a minute, I think it was a 2-star Sage's Miter helmet/armor.

And that's what I did gear-wise, right now I'm just doing Optimize but it's clearly that's not something you'd probably want to do for long once I start getting past beginner gear stuff.

Nohar

I can't believe I actually wish we could get 20 Scarletites for the +++ fight... Sadly, it isn't the case. Once the Orb festival ends, I will need to farm upgrade materials.

I'll check in a minute, I think it was a 2-star Sage's Miter helmet/armor.

And that's what I did gear-wise, right now I'm just doing Optimize but it's clearly that's not something you'd probably want to do for long once I start getting past beginner gear stuff.

You should have gotten a 5*, either Danjuro, Zantetsuken or Blitz Sword.

By the way, if you think that you can win a fight and just got unlucky (someone dies) or realize that you made an error, you can close the game. When you start it again, say yes when they ask you if you whish to resume where you were. You will start over at the beginning of the fight you were on, everyone alive, no penalty. That's what we call save/load. The game is not always fair and it's a workaround.

Falk

that puzzling face
Makes sense, going with Maduin R4! Combined with Valefor R4 and SMN RM2 it's 2 rounds clear out of 3 for free without being dead weight against the boss. Save if possible on Boss round for 8 casts. Adding 2 RW call from the summoner gets you 10 turns. That's pretty freakin good. Can also add a shared SB or SB to the SMN for even more ass kicking... Can't wait! Poor multi enemies bosses...

It's not just multi enemy bosses tho. Valefor + something else has been a staple for mage meta over here. It hits as hard as -ja spells (non-vuln obviously) and has a beautiful +20% damage RM (Eidolon's Bond) for single fights where Summoner RM2 is pointless.

edit: Also Rydia became THE BURNINATOR mkIII (after Vivi and Terra) with her buff since she can now pile on Valefor + -ja spell.

MrDaravon

You should have gotten a 5*, either Danjuro, Zantetsuken or Blitz Sword.

By the way, if you think that you can win a fight and just got unlucky (someone dies) or realize that you made an error, you can close the game. When you start it again, say yes when they ask you if you whish to resume where you were. You will start over at the beginning of the fight you were on, everyone alive, no penalty. That's what we call save/load. The game is not always fair and it's a workaround.

Oh from that pull, I got the Blitz Sword. So right now Cloud is using that and Tyro is using the Kaiser Knuckles.

It's not just multi enemy bosses tho. Valefor + something else has been a staple for mage meta over here. It hits as hard as -ja spells (non-vuln obviously) and has a beautiful +20% damage RM (Eidolon's Bond) for single fights where Summoner RM2 is pointless.

edit: Also Rydia became THE BURNINATOR mkIII (after Vivi and Terra) with her buff since she can now pile on Valefor + -ja spell.

Yea I have been using Valefor a lot with -ja spells on Rydia. That update was a blessing! What levels are your -ja spells? I have Waterja R4, Firaja R3 and Thundaja R3. Could go R4 but I don't think I need to right now. I will do Blizzaja R3 after next phase.

MrDaravon

As a newbie should I hold out for 50 Mythril to do an 11 pull? I've got 15 right now, not sure if I should start doing pulls or not or save up.

MicH

As a newbie should I hold out for 50 Mythril to do an 11 pull? I've got 15 right now, not sure if I should start doing pulls or not or save up.
Save up 25 mythril and do a pull on the Lucky Draw banner. It offers an 11 pull at half price AND if you get a 5* it's guaranteed to be a character relic! It's rally, really good

LucaMac

Definitely hold off for the moment. There is a half price pull with better odds at great gear available right now, the lucky draw. It coincides with the orb event. Get to 25 Mythril and do it asap as it will change with the Orb dungeon, so another will become available soon but you'll lose out on the current half price deal. You really are very lucky to be starting while that's available. Clear classic dungeons like mad and get that mythril...that's an order.

EDIT: The rush of people that instantly panicked and rushed to tell you should be an indication of how good this is.

The lucky relic pulls for each phase of the orb festival are 25 mythril for a single 11 pull, so you should be doing those. That should get you more than enough relics to get started. After this orb festival is over you'll want to save up for the 50 mythril pulls to get the free extra pull. You probably won't want to be using mythril for stamina refreshes until you get well over 100 stamina and even then it would just be for farming time sensitive dungeons with exceptional drop rates.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If there's going to be another orb festival event later on, it probably makes sense to just start saving mythril for that one.

MrDaravon

Save up 25 mythril and do a pull on the Lucky Draw banner. It offers an 11 pull at half price AND if you get a 5* it's guaranteed to be a character relic! It's rally, really good

You only need 25 to draw on the current banners.

Definitely hold off for the moment. There is a half price pull with better odds at great gear available right now, the lucky draw. It coincides with the orb event. Get to 25 Mythril and do it asap as it will change with the Orb dungeon, so another will become available soon but you'll lose out on the current half price deal. You really are very lucky to be starting while that's available. Clear classic dungeons like mad and get that mythril...that's an order.

EDIT: The rush of people that instantly panicked and rushed to tell you should be an indication of how good this is.

Hahaha, will do! Thanks everyone! All of the different banners and stuff are confusing still to me :(

I don't think I'm gonna have time/levels/resources to get my bae Terra in time, but I did get Cyan at least. And just to clarify, when people talk about classic dungeons, that's just referring to the sorta story mode for each game where you access each game's Realm through the numbered doors right?

LucaMac

Hahaha, will do! Thanks everyone! All of the different banners and stuff are confusing still to me :(

I don't think I'm gonna have time/levels/resources to get my bae Terra in time, but I did get Cyan at least. And just to clarify, when people talk about classic dungeons, that's just referring to the sorta story mode for each game where you access each game's Realm through the numbered doors right?

You're better off finding the cheapest available Mythril available to you by dungeons or events and getting that pull done before it goes. Terra you can get via quest soon and she's been here before. These pulls?...we ain't never seen pulls like these before....and this is coming from someone who got al 3 stars and one 4 star on my last lucky pull.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yea I have been using Valefor a lot with -ja spells on Rydia. That update was a blessing! What levels are your -ja spells? I have Waterja R4, Firaja R3 and Thundaja R3. Could go R4 but I don't think I need to right now. I will do Blizzaja R3 after next phase.

Waterja r4, Firaja/Thundata r2, Bioga r3, Diaga r3

Haven't felt the need to go higher because of the 8 x 3.5 x 8.5 rule, but that may change as ++++s start getting introduced. May need to revisit the maths and come up with an updated solution for ++++ through to first year anniversary.

BEHOLD FARMING RESULTS

(Only from doing Orb Dungeon, results include Mythril refreshes and natural regen which adds up to roughly 8-10 additional "refreshes". Does not include rewards from Orb Dungeon nor the odd Orb drop/reward from Cloud event)

Code:
STAGE 1 - 40 Mythril
           5*    4*    3*
Black       2    46   775	
Lightning   2    47   782	
Dark        8    51   759	
Total      12   144  2316

STAGE 1 - 13 Mythril
           5*    4*    3*
White       5    22   339	
Earth       3    19   324	
Holy        2    24   328	
Total      10    65   991

Those 5*s from 13 Mythril in stage 2 lol

CACUTAR WAS PLEASED

MrDaravon

You're better off finding the cheapest available Mythril available to you by dungeons or events and getting that pull done before it goes. Terra you can get via quest soon and she's been here before. These pulls?...we ain't never seen pulls like these before....and this is coming from someone who got al 3 stars and one 4 star on my last lucky pull.

Working on it now :p. Out of curiosity why are these pulls better, did they increase the chance for rare drops or is the half off just something they usually don't do?

Falk

that puzzling face
It's a combination of factors-

1) They've NEVER had a 1/2 price pull event before. The one in JP was a month ago, but coincided with their 1 year anniversary, which is 5 months off for us. Assuming we get a similar 1/2 pull event on our anniversary that could very well still mean the next time this occurs is 5 months off.

2) The rate for 5*s was very, VERY recently bumped from 10% to 12% (will stay this way) and it carries to these banners

3) It's a little harder to explain but there's a marked difference between the unique soul break 5*s in this banner and 'vanilla' 5*s. This banner only has the former, and none of the latter fluff.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I realized the problem with farming is that it just takes time. I almost wish I could just do a gatcha and trade in mythril for 6 random orbs.

MrDaravon

It's a combination of factors-

1) They've NEVER had a 1/2 price pull event before. The one in JP was a month ago, but coincided with their 1 year anniversary, which is 5 months off for us. Assuming we get a similar 1/2 pull event on our anniversary that could very well still mean the next time this occurs is 5 months off.

2) The rate for 5*s was very, VERY recently bumped from 10% to 12% (will stay this way) and it carries to these banners

3) It's a little harder to explain but there's a marked difference between the unique soul break 5*s in this banner and 'vanilla' 5*s. This banner only has the former, and none of the latter fluff.

Makes sense. So do they not always have these banners with special 5* items? I've had the game for like 2 hours so this is probably an ignorant opinion, but with the amount of banners and shit everywhere I would have assumed there was always some sort of event like this going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom