• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
It was 10% then, and 300 is different from 40 lol

It's 12.8% (supposed to be 13%) now. While that might not be much for a single pull, and the average would gravitate to 'only' 30% more 5*s across a large sample size, the probability of dry streaks are much lower.

No 0.10 in 40 pulls would be 1.48% chance like in that old post (lol)

No 0.13 in 40 pulls would be 0.38%

c-murph

I beat the FFVII AC Missions! Yeah me! Wasn't very difficult but it's the first one I've finished. I just threw MicH at Bahamut SIN a couple times and he was toast. Got my useless Bolt Ring and everything.

Going try my luck at the rest of Yuna's missions. I usually can make it until Difficulty level 75 and get all the Memory Crystals. But I got some update weapons and armor from the most recent pull. Making things a bit easier. Gunna try and crawl my way to that Yuna II crystal.

Balphon

I beat the FFVII AC Missions! Yeah me! Wasn't very difficult but it's the first one I've finished. I just threw MicH at Bahamut SIN a couple times and he was toast. Got my useless Bolt Ring and everything.

Element resistance is actually pretty effective against an enemy that favors one element. Don't completely overlook it.

WarAdept

Look at all these people on Neogaf who have Cloud's BSB!

Haven't done anything other than the obligatory 100 gem pull. Despite having poor FF7 Synergy, I don't really like any of the characters and I got better stuff to pull on. (Pecil BSB!)

ZangBa

So, we should be expecting more translated banners soon as hey've only translated up to the Freya event which is two events away. Do you guys think we'll get the celebration banners revealed at the same time? We should theoretically be getting them within a month or so

A mindset like this will only lead to disappointment :p

I'm prepared for disappointment, I was being a little facetious. Still, though, have to hold onto the dream. :c

Kouriozan

Feels good to finally be able to clear high level content without advantaliate, having damaging SBs is a game changer.
Honestly, I feel like I have been hoarding mythrils for too long.

MrDaravon

Hmmm, did a 2 3-pulls and got a Magic Comb. Not quite sure what to do here, I haven't touched Red XIII at all. I could technically swap him in for Tyro but I have my only natural wall (SG) on Tyro so that's not a good option. However I could also swap out Gilgamesh for Red XIII; I'm using Gilgamesh largely just for Breaks, Double Slash (for reta meta) and because he can equip a huge range of gear. However only his MC1 is available so he's stuck at 65, and I've got both MC1 and MC2 for Red XIII. Think it's worth it to swap Red XIII in place of Gilgamesh with the higher level cap plus SSB I have for him now? Or is the SSB + higher level cap on Red XIII not good enough to make up for the range of gear Gilgamesh can equip?

JTran2003

Hmmm, did a 2 3-pulls and got a Magic Comb. Not quite sure what to do here, I haven't touched Red XIII at all. I could technically swap him in for Tyro but I have my only natural wall (SG) on Tyro so that's not a good option. However I could also swap out Gilgamesh for Red XIII; I'm using Gilgamesh largely just for Breaks, Double Slash (for reta meta) and because he can equip a huge range of gear. However only his MC1 is available so he's stuck at 65, and I've got both MC1 and MC2 for Red XIII. Think it's worth it to swap Red XIII in place of Gilgamesh with the higher level cap plus SSB I have for him now? Or is the SSB + higher level cap on Red XIII not good enough to make up for the range of gear Gilgamesh can equip?

I have red in my party because I have his lunatic high SB. I think Gilgamesh is better because of retaliate but if you need a support ability character red is a good choice. Having full break and breakdown abilities helps me out a lot in the tough battles.

Xetherion

Gilgamesh is an awesome Tauntaliator, don't take him out. Give Tyro mage gear, he's better as a mage anyway since spells can still do good damage even with his low MAG stat. Use Red as your Support.

Urgh been hoarding mythril for a month after hearing how much better this banner is than everything prior, and after finally using 65 mythril I get exactly zero 5 star relics. Got a long way to go in this game.

MicH

This banner really isn't great at all. The only worthwhile item on it is (of course) Cloud's Fusion Sword. The others are decent, but really nothing special. The Tactics banner is much better. Scream (hastega and +50% ATK) is obviously the most hyped one, but Ramza's Cheer (40% heal + Protectga) is really good too if you don't have an AoE heal. Agrias' shield is also really nice with it's AoE -50% MAG and ATK (which stacks with Full Break AND Break(down)s.

And with the Super Soul Break Celebration drawing near this banner (FFVII-AC) really pales in comparison even if the Fusion Sword is great - plus it will come back on a better banner during the BSB celebration (which is a long ways off, granted)

Falk

that puzzling face
Cheer is also really good even if you have an AOE heal considering how hard it is to slot in white mages even if one of them spams summons.

Caveat is you mustn't have pulled Yell because if you did you'd be spending all your SB gauge on that instead.

MicH

Cheer is also really good even if you have an AOE heal considering how hard it is to slot in white mages even if one of them spams summons.

Caveat is you mustn't have pulled Yell because if you did you'd be spending all your SB gauge on that instead.
Right. If you don't pull Scream and get Cheer instead you can still pull off a pretty great team if you have Y'shtola's SSII. Use Y'shtola as your white mage, Ramza as your support with his 40% heal and then RW Scream. That's pretty damn good too

Falk

that puzzling face
Nah, for me if I pull Cheer, that means I can actually bring Aeris along for Planet Protector and have poor-man's Yell!

(and be stuck with LH/Boon for RW till 2017)

Kouriozan

Yeah, people are saying to not pull this first BSB banner because
1) you don't pull trying to get a single relic
2) the other relics are terrible

Grzi

Yeah, people are saying to not pull this first BSB banner because
1) you don't pull trying to get a single relic
2) the other relics are terrible

You still spent 100 mythril on it though ;(

It's hard to resist the appeal of the first BSB, especially since the next good one (Lightning) is ~4 months away. Not sure if Squall's is as good as these two.
Not a fan of hoarding mythril for Fests since theoretically you could do a 50 pull on every banner and end up with crap. But, to each his own I guess.

Kouriozan

You still spent 100 mythril on it though ;(

Yep, like I said I didn't have any damaging SB, well appart from Celebration Grimoire (lol).
I intended to spend 150 max since I had tons of mythrils, it would also be pointless trying to get Scream without SBs to use it with.
I'm using Tyro a lot so I'll spend nearly everything trying to get SG in the SSSSB fest, if DeNA don't screw us. Plus they should give a lot of mythrils for the 1st anniversary.

I'm watching this guy youtube videos, he ranks the upcoming banners, I mostly agree with him, but you also should pull for the characters you like.
There is a (almost) monthly lucky banner coming up with the Nightmare dungeons that it also very worth it.

EDIT : did you guys saw the crazy U Seymour Flux speedrun?

Dragner

Ive been lucky to pull Cloud BSSB of the 100 gem pull. Then I said 'fuck it, ill do a 11 pull' since my synergy is still low and to give something back for my luck. Got tifa's gloves, zack's gloves and XIII SSB along with the generic knife. First time I got 4 rainbows and got any item in the banner I was interested...now my synergy is awesome :D.

MicH

I just sold all my 3* FFVII swords, fists, the mythril clip and gun we got in am event. Considering I have three 5* swords, one 5*+ fist, a 5* fist and a 5* pin I really didn't need them. Yay more inventory space!

ccbfan

Anyone tried the Advance plus Cloud BSSB combo?

More Specifically using native Advance with the BSSB as a RW. (Basically a combo anyone can have since Tyfring is a free Beginner Pull choice.)

With the Multi Hit properties of Clouds Burst and haste. I'm expecting pretty insane DPS here.

MicH

Anyone tried the Advance plus Cloud BSSB combo?

More Specifically using native Advance with the BSSB as a RW. (Basically a combo anyone can have since Tyfring is a free Beginner Pull choice.)

With the Multi Hit properties of Clouds Burst and haste. I'm expecting pretty insane DPS here.
RWs don't take your attack stat into consideration. So the BSB RW would not be affected by your Advanced Luneth.

You can do it the other way around but you would probably hit the cap with a 50% ATK boost anyway so that is probably more efficient. Plus PP affects your entire team

ccbfan

RWs don't take your attack stat into consideration. So the BSB RW would not be affected by your Advanced Luneth.

You can do it the other way around but you would probably hit the cap with a 50% ATK boost anyway so that is probably more efficient. Plus PP affects your entire team

I'm talking more about the Burst mode attacks.

MrDaravon

I have red in my party because I have his lunatic high SB. I think Gilgamesh is better because of retaliate but if you need a support ability character red is a good choice. Having full break and breakdown abilities helps me out a lot in the tough battles.

Gilgamesh is an awesome Tauntaliator, don't take him out. Give Tyro mage gear, he's better as a mage anyway since spells can still do good damage even with his low MAG stat. Use Red as your Support.

Hmm, if I made Tyro into a mage though I'd have to completely change my party up. Right now my general all-around party is Cloud/Gilgamesh/Tyro/Terra/Yuna with everyone having their MC2 except Gilgamesh, which is mainly why I was thinking about swapping him out. Terra's MAG stat at 80 is close to double Tyro's at 80 so I can't imagine that's super viable. Honestly if Tyro didn't have my only non-RW wall I'd just swap Red XIII in for him in a heartbeat since he can fill the roles I use Tyro for otherwise.

MicH

Why not just use Cloud for Retaliate? Sure he can't use Draw Fire but that's not always necessary anyway. Then make Tyro a second support and give him a Breakdown and Lifesiphon, and Red Full Break and Lifesiphon

MrDaravon

Why not just use Cloud for Retaliate? Sure he can't use Draw Fire but that's not always necessary anyway. Then make Tyro a second support and give him a Breakdown and Lifesiphon, and Red Full Break and Lifesiphon

I DO use Cloud for Retaliate lol. That's why I was asking if it was worth it to swap Red XIII in place of Gilgamesh. I've only been playing for ~4 months and when Gilgamesh first became available a couple months ago he came highly recommended because of his ability to equip almost everything as well as breaks etc, but even though I'm solely lacking in a lot of areas still I think that's become less important for me as I've picked up more gear pieces and whatnot. Right now Gilgamesh for me is more just kinda filling a gap through his ability to equip virtually everything, using Breaks and for using Double Slash on Cloud when he's under Reta/Advance Reta, which is why I was thinking Red XIII might make a better replacement for him.

MicH

I DO use Cloud for Retaliate lol. That's why I was asking if it was worth it to swap Red XIII in place of Gilgamesh. I've only been playing for ~4 months and when Gilgamesh first became available a couple months ago he came highly recommended because of his ability to equip almost everything as well as breaks etc, but even though I'm solely lacking in a lot of areas still I think that's become less important for me as I've picked up more gear pieces and whatnot. Right now Gilgamesh for me is more just kinda filling a gap through his ability to equip virtually everything, using Breaks and for using Double Slash on Cloud when he's under Reta/Advance Reta, which is why I was thinking Red XIII might make a better replacement for him.
If you're using Retaliate anyway then Tyro's attack stat doesn't really matter anyway. Gilgamesh us best used as a Tauntaliator in my opinion, so I'd replace him with Red and make and Tyro supports with Lifesiphon for SB spam

EDIT Oops, Red can't Lifesiphon. That's pretty terrible

Suppose this was inevitable.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/48b1qp/sister_spent_400_trying_to_get_fusion_sword/

Happens all the time but this is the first time I've seen it for this game.
Sometimes I hear of these cases where chargeback is refused unless you decide to give your child a criminal record (yes I know in this case said child is in high school).

I felt bad enough about OWA guy (even though there was no money there) and also there is graveyard of similar spent "xx mythril and $xx didn't get it fuck this game" over here:
https://ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/game/951/wiki/Equipment_Rarity 5_1st Fusion Sword (VII)
Especially when you have the opposite side of the coin with people getting three in two 11 pulls or even less.

It doesn't help this banner feels much more popular than any we've had for a while so it feels like "oh everyone is getting it". I wonder what Tactics is going to be like especially as that feels like the most hyped thing since that FFXIII banner with Vega and Blazefire Saber :p

Oh jeez.

If this is true then it might be the best for that account to get banned, honestly it helps some people get their heads back on straight.

It may be bigger than just an FFRK ban. I don't think anything will happen to the FFRK account itself. DeNA already got their money from Google/Apple. G/A are the ones who the chargeback would go against, so I'd think it is the sister's G/A account that is actually at risk.

Kouriozan

Tactics banners will introduce the "Great FFRK Exodus", and yes, it's really overhyped.
It got some pretty good relics though but most people will want that Platinum Sword.

Dragner

There will be meltdowns on tactics banner, but the banner is strong enough that I think most people will come out satisfied from it, Ramza is not Cloud popular and RW Scream is good enough if you have wall.

The tactics banner is way overhyped particularly considering the relics themselves are not useful outside of the event itself, unless you are just starting and have terrible rs across the board or augment the hell out of them or get. ++ version. The sbs themselves are largely niche or duplicative outside of scream which can can just as easily be summoned as the rw (of course scream-lite is a fairly common sb at this point, depending on how close you are to the cap with your ability strikes, you may notice the difference). This is not a sentinel grimoire/vega/lunatic high situation where literally nothing will fill that role for six months.

MicH

A banner that has Hastega, top tier ATK buff and AoE heal is pretty damn good in my book. If you want to run a physical heavy Lifesiphon SSB spam party you're never gonna want Boon or LH over Scream

A banner that has Hastega, top tier ATK buff and AoE heal is pretty damn good in my book. If you want to run a physical heavy Lifesiphon SSB spam party you're never gonna want Boon or LH over Scream

None of those sb features are in short supply over the next few months and nearly everyone who has been pulling from the beginning is likely to meet most of those needs already and can simply summon Ramza when needed. But hey, opinions, right?

Xetherion

Hmm, if I made Tyro into a mage though I'd have to completely change my party up. Right now my general all-around party is Cloud/Gilgamesh/Tyro/Terra/Yuna with everyone having their MC2 except Gilgamesh, which is mainly why I was thinking about swapping him out. Terra's MAG stat at 80 is close to double Tyro's at 80 so I can't imagine that's super viable. Honestly if Tyro didn't have my only non-RW wall I'd just swap Red XIII in for him in a heartbeat since he can fill the roles I use Tyro for otherwise.

Actually you don't need both Cloud and Gilgamesh. Didn't know you were using both. I'd only use Gilgamesh whenever Drawtaliate nullifies the boss' most-used attacks or when you have no good RS weapons Cloud can use but do have one Gilg can use.

Then you have room for Red, Tyro, and Terra. If you have good hones on summons like Valefor or Maduin, I'd still say give Tyro mage gear, run him as a Summoner and Terra as your BM. Otherwise do like Mich said and run a combination of Life Siphon/breakdown on Tyro and Full Break/breakdown on Red.

Did the daily relic draw this morning and got Celes' Soule Sabre. Then did the burst soul break banner (11 pull) and didn't get any 5* equipment. I guess it's a wash lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom