• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreavus

It may be bigger than just an FFRK ban. I don't think anything will happen to the FFRK account itself. DeNA already got their money from Google/Apple. G/A are the ones who the chargeback would go against, so I'd think it is the sister's G/A account that is actually at risk.

That'd be much worse then. Then only reason I say that it might be a good thing is because one of my siblings got waaaaay into another F2P game, came very close to spending money lots of times, then completely lost interest when an update caused them to lose data.

Noi

I'm splitting my myth between Tactics for Hastega and whatever SSBfest banner has a wall. I just need that 1/3 of the trinity and I can RW the other.

I'm very likely not gonna get either and continue crying.

Shouta

I've got two Platinum swords on my JP account, both from free mythril only but that's kinda unfair because I swear JP rates are less awful, lol.

Also, Garnet should be getting a Hastega + Regenga + Shell or whatever Soul Break soon.

Dragner

I'm splitting my myth between Tactics for Hastega and whatever SSBfest banner has a wall. I just need that 1/3 of the trinity and I can RW the other.

I'm very likely not gonna get either and continue crying.

I dont have any trinity piece, but I have like 5 boostgas xD. I really hope to pull some pieces in SSB fest. I have 4 SSB and Cloud BSSB damage is not the problem but lack of mitigation is costing me.

Balphon

I drew a character relic from the daily draw for a second time today. However, it was D. Cecil's armor, which I'm pretty sure has the worst character relic SB in the game, so I'm now almost positive this thing is willfully screwing with me.

Still, the stats are alright, and it's marginally more useful as an item than the Cyclone Grimoire I got the last time this happened.

I've got two Platinum swords on my JP account, both from free mythril only but that's kinda unfair because I swear JP rates are less awful, lol.

Also, Garnet should be getting a Hastega + Regenga + Shell or whatever Soul Break soon.

Quistis's SSB is that and it's in the next global event, though Quistis herself is a bit of a strange case usability-wise.

yasu151

A banner that has Hastega, top tier ATK buff and AoE heal is pretty damn good in my book. If you want to run a physical heavy Lifesiphon SSB spam party you're never gonna want Boon or LH over Scream

I'll agree with you on this. While I've slowly been building up some black/summons abilities, I still primarily run with a physical team. I managed to get Squalls cutting trigger, but have yet to pull (aside from the latest Sentinal Freebie) an AoE heal, attack buff, or haste for everyone. Given that I'm lacking, I intend to spend ~200 mythril on the tactics banner in the hopes of getting at least something to fill one of those gaps in gear.

The FFII banner being right before the FFT banner hurts. I want Leon's Golden Armor pretty badly and it doesn't seem likely to me that there will be any more relics like it in the future that stack with other party boosts like Planet Protector or Scream. Hopefully they overlap long enough that I can pull on the FFT banner first before deciding on if I'll try for the Golden Armor.

MicH

The FFII banner being right before the FFT banner hurts. I want Leon's Golden Armor pretty badly and it doesn't seem likely to me that there will be any more relics like it in the future that stack with other party boosts like Planet Protector or Scream. Hopefully they overlap long enough that I can pull on the FFT banner first before deciding on if I'll try for the Golden Armor.
Basch's shield a couple events after FFT has the same SB as Leon's armor and probably on a better character than Leon, if it's a soul break you're really interested in getting. That same banner also has Balthier's SSB which is quite good as well as Fran's SSB which has a Full Break effect. Not a bad banner if you have some mythril left by then :p

WarAdept

I'm just sitting here twiddling my thumbs for the Lucky/SSB banners to be come/be translated.

Can. Not. Wait.
To. Lose. All. My. Mithril.

Basch's shield a couple events after FFT has the same SB as Leon's armor and probably on a better character than Leon, if it's a soul break you're really interested in getting. That same banner also has Balthier's SSB which is quite good as well as Fran's SSB which has a Full Break effect. Not a bad banner if you have some mythril left by then :p

I'm surprised that they'd release another SB like HotE since it seemed like they wised up to people going crazy with buff stacking given the new buff soft cap and Rikku's shield applying the ATK and RES buffs separately. Looks like I'll just wait for the FFXII banner then, thanks.

The tactics banner is way overhyped particularly considering the relics themselves are not useful outside of the event itself, unless you are just starting and have terrible rs across the board or augment the hell out of them or get. ++ version. The sbs themselves are largely niche or duplicative outside of scream which can can just as easily be summoned as the rw (of course scream-lite is a fairly common sb at this point, depending on how close you are to the cap with your ability strikes, you may notice the difference). This is not a sentinel grimoire/vega/lunatic high situation where literally nothing will fill that role for six months.

I think another reason the Tactics banner is so good is because all the Unique soul breaks are for two amazing characters. Ramza has Combat (4) / Support (5) / Knight (4) / Ninja (4) / Bard (3), which gives him an absurd amount of utility. He's super-easy to fit into any sort of party and has great stats, so even if you only get 6x Hit + Stun from his bracelet, or 40% Heal + Protect, those are still SB that are versatile and useful on top of a versatile and useful character.

Same thing with Agrias. While her weapon selection is lacking (Sword/Dagger only), her skillset is equally useful: White Magic (4) / Spellblade (4) / Combat (5) / Knight (5). Her SSB is an AoE 6x multiplier (same as Blade Beam) + Silence/Paralyze chance, and her shield is a single-target Offensive Breakdown.

TLDR: Versatile, always-useful soul breaks on two characters with great stats and versatile skillsets means you can easily fit them (and by extension, their soul breaks) into your party and take full advantage of them.

Personally, I'll be splitting between Tactics and SSBFest in the near future. Sitting at ~350 mythril.

WarAdept

I'm trying to think of how Monk's can be more viable. The Monk skillset is obviously built around self sufficiency (self heals, self attack buffs, etc), but that's poor for a game that encourages team play and stuff like Punishing Palm doesn't play nicely with Boostga SB's.

Like Combat has the Breaks/Lifesiphon/Barrage/Full Charge going for it.
Support obviously has Full Break/Breakdowns.
Even Celerity, despite only 2 abilities being used are fantastic (Tempo Flurry/Dismissal).

There's Explosive Fist but everything that does, Combat does better.

I think even Dragoon's get Drain Jump as their niche. (and their elemental jumps are hillariously strong)

But Monks? I dunno. Maybe as the premiere solo runner with Galuf's Unyielding Fist...

What about Piercing Strike for high DEF bosses?

Just ran a quick test: Galuf w/ 372 ATK + Dragoon's Determination + Punishing Palm active did about 6150 damage. Respectable, to be certain. Not sure how often it would be able to outdo a high-multiplier attack, though.

Really, the main issues I think the Monk skillset suffers from is that it doesn't synergize well and has many better alternatives. Kick is a fairly weak AoE that gets outclassed by Combat & Samurai's 4* offerings. Chakra's heal is based on Mind, and the attack boost is outclassed by Punishing Palm by far. Chakra Blast is depressingly weak, and Celerity's long-range option at least has the niche of Wind damage. Punishing Palm is solid, but 99% of the time I'd rather run Steal Power for the dual-purpose buff/debuff. And in general, there's a lot of AoE attack buffs that are stronger than Monk's self-buffs, which means you'd weaken yourself when using them. And Piercing Strike, while alluring with its defense-ignoring property, is just damage. The best part of Physical abilities is that they have bonus effects such as increased SB meter, buffs, debuffs, and status effects. Without them, you might as well just be throwing around -ja spells.

Honestly, an entire team of Monks with Armor Strike would be kind of funny, but impractical in the long run considering the orbs required.

Falk

that puzzling face
The thing about Punshing Palm is physical meta already brings larger attack buffs to the table (which PPa would overwrite).

I guess there's a little niche where you could slot in Exploding Fist as a second multi-hit if one other person is using Barrage and another is using a BSB RW. That's assuming you have your own Yell or Planet Protector-like, obviously.

Chakra is worthless vs Drain Strike.

Wazzy

Banned
I just did one 11 pull on VII banner and got 6 relics so I'm pretty happy.

Ended up with Zacks glove, Magic comb, 2 pole axes, Balamb uniform and precious watch.

Would have been cool to get Clouds weapon but oh well.

Grzi

If I have four shared AoE healing relics does that count as one relatively decent medica? :(

It kind of does, right :(

Wazzy

Banned
I did laugh when I tapped and saw it appear. This game just knows my love for VIII.

I'm happy I have a lot more VII synergy now which will make the dungeons I'm behind in a little easier.

Wazzy

Banned
Six 5*?

Amazing pull Wazzy. :)
Thanks gorl! <3 I haven't done an 11 pull in quite a long time so it's nice to have such a good one.

Here's the pull:
aRkymwc.png

Wazzy is truly the Goddess of Gacha Luck.

xD

Thanks gorl! <3 I haven't done an 11 pull in quite a long time so it's nice to have such a good one.
I'll say. Cid is cool. <3

I literally can't remember the last 11 pull I've done, it's been so long. I've just been doing a few 3 pulls here and there, but mostly saving.

Dragner

I was able to beat Ultimate Seimour, my first ultimate. It was hard because I dont have any of the trinity pieces outside of celebration grimoire that is not good enough. So I had to S/L any time Seimour used gravija twice(first one I could heal back up). Fight outside of that wasnt actually that hard. Just timing with the walls, I was able to shellga and wall between dispel and total annihilation and that helped a lot. Any other attack just was really easy. Tautaliate for physical attacks and shellga + wall for everything else. Cloud BSSB carried with the damage.

I'm just throwing this out there, but even though the Tactics banner has very useful and good relics, it looks over hyped beyond belief. Folks are talking about Ramzas Scream like it's a game changer. There are other relics and even abilities that give you Haste and others that grant Attack up.

The only game changing relics are actually the walls. There are only TWO of these things and they function unlike anything else in the game. Scream isn't even close to what the walls do for a team. Scream can be looked at as an offensive version of a Wall due to it being strictly for damage, but again there are other ways to increase your damage in the exact same way Scream does. It's just in a convenient package. Why is everyone so ape shit about it?

Dragner

PP is great, now imagine PP with hastaga, now imagine it in a support instead of a healer, now go further and imagine that support is the best in the game, and can lifesiphon it...thats why.

Also that banner has other incredible relics, agrias shield, ramzas armor (yeah ramza also has medica), agrias SSB...

Japan is literally scream meta, and thats not because ramza is popular...is because he is that good.

Yeah ofc wall is the best effect in the game. Nobody denies that. Wall being incredible dont deny the value of scream.

Grzi

I kind of agree with people criticizing Scream, but not because I don't think it's an amazing Soul Break. There's no denying it's greatness.
To me it's just kind of depressing knowing that if you get Scream and have two physical SSBs you're basically set for the next six months, probably even longer. Sure, minor tweaks to your party are necessary but I kind of enjoy changing my complete setup for every new hard boss.

PP is great, now imagine PP with hastaga, now imagine it in a support instead of a healer, now go further and imagine that support is the best in the game, and can lifesiphon it...thats why.

Also that banner has other incredible relics, agrias shield, ramzas armor (yeah ramza also has medica), agrias SSB...

Japan is literally scream meta, and thats not because ramza is popular...is because he is that good.

Yeah ofc wall is the best effect in the game. Nobody denies that. Wall being incredible dont deny the value of scream.

Ramza being a great character and having access to life siphon along with great and useful relics makes sense. But again, Scream doesn't seem like the necessity Walls are.

MicH

For people liked who have Planet Protector, SSII and an AoE heal all on white mages, Scream will really help me out. Bringing two or three white mages isn't really optimal (especially if you're running an ATK boost), so if I can get PP and Hastega on another character like Ramza that really helps me out as I can keep my native heal or wall and RW the other and still have all the necessary buffs. Obviously the two wall relics are top tier, but if you can always use a wall RW if you have the other buffs yourself (or Scream RW, or AoE heal RW for that matter).

Dragner

Ramza being a great character and having access to life siphon along with great and useful relics makes sense. But again, Scream doesn't seem like the necessity Walls are.

Ofc is not 100% neccesary like wall is. Its just the best thing you can do on offense like wall is the best thing you can do on defense. But you can perfectly RW scream if you have wall and crush everything.

Ofc is not 100% neccesary like wall is. Its just the best thing you can do on offense like wall is the best thing you can do on defense. But you can perfectly RW scream if you have wall and crush everything.

See I like to RW Advance with every battle, but I suppose replacing all my Advance friends with Scream will be easy to do. If it truly is the go to Meta for the next few months.

broz0rs

Scream is not a necessity, but it's going to definitely allow your team to wreck faces, especially with Life Siphon SB spam.

For myself, I won't mind not getting it because I have SG on Tyro, so I can be able to just bum someone else's Scream as an RW. What I'll be really happy about is that I won't need to bring Sazh (for Boon) in my party all the time. I get to free up space for another character that will better fit my team. Bringing both Tyro and Sazh really sucks.

For people liked who have Planet Protector, SSII and an AoE heal all on white mages, Scream will really help me out. Bringing two or three white mages isn't really optimal (especially if you're running an ATK boost), so if I can get PP and Hastega on another character like Ramza that really helps me out as I can keep my native heal or wall and RW the other and still have all the necessary buffs. Obviously the two wall relics are top tier, but if you can always use a wall RW if you have the other buffs yourself (or Scream RW, or AoE heal RW for that matter).

The goal is to have access each of the holy trinity in whatever way possible, if a team is incapable of using a different Hasteaga + attack up method and needs Scream to fill both rolls, I can see it becoming a new necessity.

Scream is not a necessity, but it's going to definitely allow your team to wreck faces, especially with Life Siphon SB spam.

For myself, I won't mind not getting it because I have SG on Tyro, so I can be able to just bum someone else's Scream as an RW. What I'll be really happy about is that I won't need to bring Sazh (for Boon) in my party all the time. I get to free up space for another character that will better fit my team. Bringing both Tyro and Sazh really sucks.

I'm in your boat it seems , except I have Ysh for SS2 instead of tyro. I bring Ysh and Sazh into every single difficult battle because Boon and a Wall is just to good not to. My party composition is a bit different. I can see Tyro and Sazh being used pretty similarly, both as Support, while Ysh and Sazh being more the White Mage and a Support.

Falk

that puzzling face
On that note, my quandary right now is

HotF - Yuna
Planet Protector - Aerith
SSII - Y'shtola

It's virtually impossible to slot all of them in and do enough damage to most ultimates right now, esp. with no offensive SBs of note other than Zidane's Scoop Art, which is mediocre at best.

Having 2 out of 3 of Trinity 'sort of' opens up options, but those options are still largely limited to having Boon or LH as RW. Granted, I've gone back and beaten some of the harder ultimates without SSII and bringing it as RW just to prove a point, but yeah, going forward having Cheer or Yell on Ramza solves that problem instantly since Ramza is S-tier support and solves the problem of 3x white mage regardless of if I get Cheer or Yell.

Otherwise, some offensive SSBs that at least synergize with Lifesiphon meta will help in a different way.

Barring all that, I'mma have a hard time with my hilarious lack of unique SBs. Actually starting to feel the pressure now, jokes about 1/44 aside since I had few unique SBs prior to that. But all that being said, the 'problem' of 'required relics' is a little overblown, and I'm likely to start running more undergeared comps with Ultimate+s just to continue proving a point since they're all 1-stamina.

Grzi

Falk, how much mythril did you save for SSB Fest and the FFT banner?

Hopefully you'll get some nice stuff from them, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Falk

that puzzling face
300. Like I said though, not too fussed. Most people don't really push the game's mechanics to the limit, and we have the added advantage of seeing encounters 5 months in advance.

Game on EN is beatable with far below the average/median of what people beat them with.

Razmos

Decided to do a few more pulls on the BSB banner because I'm weak. I got Cid's spear which seemed disappointing at first, but that 123 attack is beastly and his soul break sounds great. With Machinist abilies just around the corner I think Cid is going to get a lot of use.

Now I have way too much synergy for FF7 though. Cloud's Organics, Aerith's Keepsake Ribbon and Guard Stick, Tifa's Platinum Fist, Yuffie's headband, Cid's poleaxe, as well as a generic Katana and a Precious Watch, lol.

Negator

Ramza will fill such a huge hole in my current party composition. If I can get his Platinum sword it would fix so many issues with my party. I have no support relics, no hastega, and would make my natural trinity 2/3 and allow me to rw wall.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Here's the pull:

xD

Jesus. I thought i was lucky on my last pull.

Sidenote: Thanks to having a lot of FF7 gear, I've managed to clear everything for this event.

EDIT: trying to get caught up on the normal dungeons, Ogpogogogo is a bitch of a fight. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom