• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

Man with the Machine Gun! I love that track so much. I played the shit out of it in the firstTheatrhythm!

Blinded by Light is also one of my favs

Grzi

Why is the font on global banners so ugly? The Japanese banners look much better.
Has this been discussed before?

lol music poll

What a disappointment.
There I was hoping we got a relic poll for those end of month 5* core relics that Japan used to do. We are clearly not getting them in the same way as we should have started getting them in December. You know for those crazy redditors who do core only runs they would appreciate having a native hastega (Bard's relic) or a 40% Atk/Mag debuff (Ranger's relic) at hand.

Falk

that puzzling face
There I was hoping we got a relic poll for those end of month 5* core relics that Japan used to do. We are clearly not getting them in the same way as we should have started getting them in December. You know for those crazy redditors who do core only runs they would appreciate having a native hastega (Bard's relic) or a 40% Atk/Mag debuff (Ranger's relic) at hand.

If Job Junction allows you to use core soul breaks I'll be really mad.

Too bad the Record Dive system didn't turn out to be the amazing thing so many wanted. Rather than being able to equip jobs to characters to bolster their skillset however players wanted, the system provides set stat, buffs and ability set enhancements.

Ex: Cloud can use it to get +820 HP, +37 ATK, +9 DEF, +1 RES, Small Paralyze Resistance, +6% Spellblade damage, 5* Spellblade abilities, and 3* Knight abilities.

Some characters also have equipment changes like Galuf unlocking the ability to equip Axes and Swords or Vaan doing so with Guns. IMO, the equipment changes should have been normal balance buffs, rather than things we need to grind for.

Remember the Kid spent $400 chasing Fusion Sword story. We have a conclusion.

In other news when Ultimate Bahamut Sin lands in a few days time here is a useful chart. I'm curious how viable a no relic complete strategy could be (as forget killing a million of the adds that get strong each time they respawn) and if anyone can even come up with such a thing (I thought Drawtaliate but the energy spheres exploding is going to mess that up).

c-murph

Voted for IV, VII, VIII, XIII and I forget my fifth choice. lol I just remember they were the top 5 at the time I voted last night.

Razmos

Finally had a decent run against Seymour only for him to follow up an ultimate dispel with a total annihilation before I could get a wall up, it did around 4500 damage to the entire party.

Have I mentioned that I fucking hate this boss?

Edit: 2 cross cleave in a row! Are you serious!?

Edit: Gravija followed directly by a cross cleave. Naaah, fuck this. Not trying again

ccbfan

Anyone incorporate 4* summons into their mage meta?

It just seems so useless. Ruinaga does enough to take care of trash mobs and it has twice the uses. So its only real use is Multi Target bosses.

I feel that I should just bite the bullet and save for bahamut to prep for the double hit summon buff. MNEO, MDO, and MSO aren't super desired orbs.

Anyone incorporate 4* summons into their mage meta?

It just seems so useless. Ruinaga does enough to take care of trash mobs and it has twice the uses. So its only real use is Multi Target bosses.

I feel that I should just bite the bullet and save for bahamut to prep for the double hit summon buff. MNEO, MDO, and MSO aren't super desired orbs.

When I'm rolling with mages in dungeons, my first is often a Summoner w/ R4 Valefor/(R3 Alexander or R4 Shiva/Ifrit/Ramuh), that way they can effortlessly clear most of the trash with Summoning Spring II. In the higher-tier dungeons that are pushing 120+ difficulty, Ruin isn't always enough, especially if you don't have a native 5* magic stick. 4* summons have higher damage output than all black magic other than Flare, so they still do tons of damage to bosses. It's rare I need more than 7 summons at the end of the road against a boss, especially if I let them summon the Roaming Warrior (if applicable). And when they get the double-hit boost, they'll be quite terrifying when hitting weaknesses, even with 3* summons.

Or if I need a mix of single-target and AoE, I'll roll Krile/Rydia w/ R4 Valefor/R4 -ja.

ZangBa

So I won a JP Google Play Card on the subreddit by guessing a number from 1-3000, and I guessed the exact number it rolled.

I'm feeling really confident in pulling Platinum Sword right now.

MrDaravon

Maaaaaaaaan getting my party properly setup with some of the recommendations here on RMs/Skills etc as well as having a natural wall (SG), AoE + Regen (Hymn) and a decent unique SB (Red XIII's Stardust Ray) has made an entire world of difference, I actually finally feel powerful now and taking on the 115-120+ dungeons now with not a lot of difficulty. Not gonna lie in that Fenrir RW's everywhere are certainly helping, but it's pretty awesome all around.

MicH

According to Reddit the hero's soul, MC Lode and MC Lode II have all ben replaced by growth eggs as rewards for the bonus battles. The 6* Black Crystal has also been replaced by 3 MBO.

In JP Tifa's MC2 was released in the Hall of Rites with the bonus battles of this event so add her MC2 to the list of Edward, Firion and Ingus' missing MCs

An event with no new characters and memory crystals and delayed bonus battles? And no black crystal? So basically an event that exists solely for a cosmetic change a mediocre ability and more relics to spend money on. Wtf dena, thanks for the waste of an event.

Falk

that puzzling face
It's all the same to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But Abyss Dungeons need to hurry up and come out. In other words I need a time machine.

Hall of Rites is closely tied to BLM Dungeon since it has three new BLM MC2s.

Guessing despite the content schedule slip, they're pegging that to the 1-year anniversary.

unround

At least the ultimate fight itself looks super interesting.

At the moment I'm wondering if it might be better to just eat the first gigaflare if I'm using tauntaliate so I don't damage the first batch of shadow creepers too early (if I did this I would be planning on going all out with aoes after the 60% mark). I guess it depends on how hard it hits.

Dragner

Im hoping I can do this ultimate. Sounds really difficult.

I have some good relics (fusion sword, 6*platinum fists, 6*zack gloves, red SSB). But I lack AOE (I have R4 Ifrit and R3 ruinga) so idk if the dogs will reck me.

My single target dmg is amazing. But I have doubts.

Falk

that puzzling face
It's not difficult. It's just a pain in the ass because you need to wait for the dogs to spawn, while not taking too much damage.

Bursting down Bahamut is a bad idea. It's all about control and mitigation. If you ever ran into e.g. needing to halt DPS to get a second SB gauge for Wall up (Vossler, lol) you know what this is like, although a little more complex. Basically don't be afraid to wait and autoattack Bahamut between Orbs while waiting for the dogs. Especially past 60% and 40%.

Lack of AOE makes it a little harder, but I think if you focused them down, then planned for the 2nd and 3rd dogs to pop just as you're taking down the 60% and 20% orb (free 9999), you should be good. Meaning burst through his 80% and 40% orbs. Autoattack/defend past 20% for the 4th set to pop up then clobber him.

In JP Tifa's MC2 was released in the Hall of Rites with the bonus battles of this event so add her MC2 to the list of Edward, Firion and Ingus' missing MCs
Let's wait for the hall of rites to open she might be there
nah, they'll remove her MC2 and the MC1s of Edward, Firion, Ingus, Arc and Refia (those last two, don't ask why, they did it before). I can also see us not getting the 4 blank MC2s due to starting the login bonus before hall of rites or something stupid like that...

Before anyone asks about the next event. Selphie is safe as it is an MC2 rewarded there, no blank crystals.

Dragner

It's not difficult. It's just a pain in the ass because you need to wait for the dogs to spawn, while not taking too much damage.

Bursting down Bahamut is a bad idea. It's all about control and mitigation. If you ever ran into e.g. needing to halt DPS to get a second SB gauge for Wall up (Vossler, lol) you know what this is like, although a little more complex. Basically don't be afraid to wait and autoattack Bahamut between Orbs while waiting for the dogs. Especially past 60% and 40%.

Lack of AOE makes it a little harder, but I think if you focused them down, then planned for the 2nd and 3rd dogs to pop just as you're taking down the 60% and 20% orb (free 9999), you should be good. Meaning burst through his 80% and 40% orbs. Autoattack/defend past 20% for the 4th set to pop up then clobber him.

So im fuck because mitigation is what I lack the most. Never pulled a single trinity piece...even a shared heal. And I spent an insane anount on yuffies headband, lullaby rod and lena's staff but never lucky...

So maybe should just expert it. Rush it down and whatever. Fenrir overdrive can help with the AOE too. Will see.

unround

Oh, so they take ages to respawn? That's different from what I was expecting actually

So few votes for FF2 remix :(

Good job there are plenty of other awesome arrangements, I love this vocal version of the main/overworld theme.

Edit: I actually think FF2 has some really memorable characters and story moments, but it was let down by weak mechanics. Granted, I never played the original NES version - I had the GBA collection of FF1 and FF2: Dawn of Souls. The starting four characters all function well enough as a unit, with the exception of Guy who is a fairly undeveloped brute. Leon made for a pretty good anti-hero that sets the scene to come with characters like Kain in the later games. Speaking of which, I really like the Ricard-Kain connection they added. I had played FF4 beforehand so it was cool seeing a sort of enigmatic figure as his father (in that Ricard isn't alive for very long).
The sudden death of characters is quite resonating as they are often portrayed as seasoned fighters or leaders compared to Firion's brigade. Minwu in particular comes across as a Gandalf type figure, guiding the fellowship through and then sacrificing himself to break the seal. It was nice being able to take Minwu, Ricard, Josef and Scott through the afterlife in the Dawn of Souls edition and develop their characters a little more. Leila feels like an afterthought though, probably my least favourite playable character.

The mechanics did flounder though. The end game spells did pitiful damage unless you made the effort to sit through the long-ass animation a hundred times against minor enemies, which itself felt moot when you could just equip the Bloodsword and decimate everything with that.

FFII is great. Extremely underrated. It initiated quite a few thematic elements for the series as a whole, and it contains some great character designs. (Guy, Ricard and Minwu are still some my favorite FF characters ever. Firion has a really unique design for an MC too.)

The battle system is heavily flawed, but it at least was trying something new, which is commendable.

P.S. The music is also great. Everybody vote for The Rebel Army.

Falk

that puzzling face
Oh, so they take ages to respawn? That's different from what I was expecting actually

They don't take ages to respawn.

That's different from if you have Fusion Sword and are spamming Lifesiphon though. Or even lifesiphon SSBs in general.

In other words, more DPS/better DPS has marginal returns past a certain point where you're reliably killing the dogs fast enough when they spawn, and killing the orbs on time.

Jarekx

Yea, this one will be interesting. I dont have much in the way of AOE abilities that are honed, but I do have a couple of AOE SB/SSB. I'd probably try to build gauge on Bahamut then AOE during the sphere so I'm not killing him to quick.

Also, finished all elites last night. The last FFV elite with Omniscient(?) gave me the most trouble. Forgetting dispel didn't help.

Grzi

Yeah, this event will crush my desire to play this game, just as I had feared. Been playing like a madman since Sunday blazing through Elites and doing two or three single pulls a day. Starting to feel drained out lol

Not sure how I'll feel once it's done and I'm left without Cloud's BSB.

Dragner

Yeah, this event will crush my desire to play this game, just as I had feared. Been playing like a madman since Sunday blazing through Elites and doing two or three single pulls a day. Starting to feel drained out lol

Not sure how I'll feel once it's done and I'm left without Cloud's BSB.

Cloud BSSB will come back in 3 months more or less. Also there will be other awesome BSSBs on that banners. Some better than Cloud's.

So dont despair. There will be time for that on FFT banner :).

Brandson

I pulled a lot on this banner and got some tremendous results, just not Cloud's BSB. I was disappointed initially but having Zack's stun SB and Red's SSB both at 7* has turned out better than I initially thought. I had been running Faris as my support character but now added Red as a second support for more mitigation. Stacking attack boosts and enemy def downs can get Stardust to hit for up to 5700 10 times on single target bosses. The extra free shellga frees up another ability slot too. I feel like Stardust is underrated since it gives you nice damage on a level 80 character who would otherwise just do debuffs, and it can outdamage Blade Beam if you setup for that.

I am saving any more mythril now for half priced pulls or SSB fest. And I will try for Cloud again in the future BSB fest.

Mistakes were made but I'm back, since I was out last month

1- beat every ultimate
2- pulled save the queen, edgar's drill, fang's spear, and lenna's hastega relic giving me native holy trinity
3- down to only 7 elites left till I'm caught up on them

Edit: oh and congrats on mod status falk

Grzi

he has no mythril left to be disappointed with fft banner tho

Yup. I can still save up, with the events leading up to it and everything, but we'll see. Even if they gave us free mythril in the next seven days I'd throw it all into this banner, and with the SSB Fest coming up, I'll probably have a terrible time watching everyone pull great Relics while I'm sitting on 0 mythril. I messed up from the start though. Started playing during the last SB fest in December and I didn't do any rerolls since I had no idea what I was doing for the first week or so.

Even if they gave us free mythril
If we get the same as what Japan got
(yeah yeah, lol @ them caring about equivalence)
, then we should be getting 75 free Mythril by the end of the anniversary celebration. Which just so happens to be enough to do all 3 of the Lucky Draws we should be getting.

What are the Lucky Draws?
11 pull for 25 mythril. 5*s are unique soul break only (i.e. character relics). Can only be done once per banner.

Eventually the Nightmare dungeons have a lucky pull associated with it where the 5*s are character relics based on the nightmare dungeon theme. We might even be lucky and have a black mage lucky draw when the black mage nightmare dungeon opens (in Japan they only started doing lucky draws related to the nightmare dungeons a few months in).

As for what are nightmare dungeons, they are monthly challenge dungeons that are open for 2 weeks a month. There are 4 dungeons from 4 realms which unlock the final nightmare dungeon which costs 1 stamina to run and rewards you with the ability to make a 6* ability (you'll still need the gems though). Probably easier just to look here: http://ffrk.kongbakpao.com/abyss/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom