• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
No way they will do that. Maybe I could see them introducing a system where if you pull a certain amount of relics from one banner, let's say 50, that you can choose 1 of 3 older relics not a part of the banner as some sort of consolation prize(this would remain true if you even if you rolled every 5* relic you wanted off the banner). This would still encourage spending money since Mythril is finite and 50 is a big number, and the guarantee of a certain item might be worth spending money for some people.

Example: You do 5 11 pulls on the AC banner and get to choose between Hardedge, Masamune and Guard Stick, and only once.

There's no way they will give away good items like SG or LH, they are trying to make a profit. I'm no company apologist, but they have to appeal to whales or we get no game at all. If they were going to just give something like SG away, there would have to be a large investment from the player first. Items like I listed are all right, but nothing spectacular, the real value would be the synergy which is also really important for the player to progress with, of course coming with the cost of at least 300 Mythril and/or whatever money also.
Well even if they take the "good" relics out of the pool, being able to get something would at least create the illusion of the draws providing some form of progress. That's what the welcome banner thing basically did, but there's no reason why they can't just throw the trash ones like Terra's Shiva summon out as things you might get as a guaranteed 5* drop in an 11 draw.

And for people who still want to pump in hundreds of dollars to get Cloud's BSSB, that doesn't really discourage people from doing that.

Heck, I just remembered, there are 5* relics that don't even do anything other than sit there for synergy bonuses.

Razmos

Didn't realize Sazh gets Machinist abilities too. Between him and Cid, I've got 2 pretty great Machinist users with good soul breaks.

Tried to get the mastery the first time by just killing 5 creepers and taking the loss on the 1 medal, and of course I missed the mastery by 1. Took a few attempts to get the 8 creeper kill condition - killing Bahamut is really easy, but waiting around for the creepers to respawn is a pain in the ass - granted, I was using entirely single target attacks aside from Celebration Grimoire. I didn't want to spend the power orbs on upgrading the physical AOE skills and my physical party in VII is ridiculous, so I wasn't going to even try mages.

Noi

Ok, what the hell. My last two 5* pulls were Zack Gloves in AC Banner 1, Tifa's SSB fist in AC Banner 2. I just did the gem pull in Laguna and...

Gz7vvPXl.jpg

Are you trying to tell me something, Record Keeper?

Kenai

Well, I got Selphie's ghetto-chucks from my 100 pull.

I'm not a fan of her but at least it's not for that disgusting creature Snowe so i suppose i can be bothered to level her.

Negator

Well, I got Selphie's ghetto-chucks from my 100 pull.

I'm not a fan of her but at least it's not for that disgusting creature Snowe so i suppose i can be bothered to level her.

You got her SSB?

I have Rosa's bow in JP, and man, that thing is OP as shit. Selphie's SSB is the exact same effect.

Kenai

You got her SSB?

I have Rosa's bow in JP, and man, that thing is OP as shit. Selphie's SSB is the exact same effect.

Yea it's got the +10 MND thing by it. Is it really that good? So you're saying I might be tempted to admit I have her ghetto-chucks via RW? :( lol

I did not even crack a smile when I noticed who it was for. I was like "Oh, it's for Selphie". Not even joking. I'd trade it for the Quistis one in a heartbeat.

But I really shouldn't complain, it is objectively better than another 3*.

Yea it's got the +10 MND thing by it. Is it really that good? So you're saying I might be tempted to admit I have her ghetto-chucks via RW? :( lol

I did not even crack a smile when I noticed who it was for. I was like "Oh, it's for Selphie". Not even joking. I'd trade it for the Quistis one in a heartbeat.

But I really shouldn't complain, it is objectively better than another 3*.

Some people... Come on now for Christ's sake! This is the most potent AoE heal in the game and it cancels next magic attack...

4 11 pulls and I have Zell's weapon, Seifers coat, Rising Sun and Esthar arm. I'm pretty happy with my pulls!
Congrats Wazzy! :)

I spent more Mythril than I was planning to on the FFVII banner and didn't get much in return, (Bahamut SIN sucks) so I don't know if I'm going to pull on the Quistis Banner even though I really want to. :/

I really should wait until the Edea banner...

Falk

that puzzling face
Ok, what the hell. My last two 5* pulls were Zack Gloves in AC Banner 1, Tifa's SSB fist in AC Banner 2. I just did the gem pull in Laguna and...

Gz7vvPXl.jpg

Are you trying to tell me something, Record Keeper?

Explode in palm

5N2aij7.jpg

Balphon

Decided to throw 25 mythril at this banner since my FF8 synergy is crap and all the relics are decent to good.

Actually got two 5*s...which happened to be the two 5*s on the banner that didn't have character SBs on them.

I'm pleased with the result, but am still unable to shake the feeling that this game is mocking me.

I'm so afraid I burned all my luck pulling Edgar's drill and Beatrix's Save the Queen on 100 gems since those are two of my favorite characters and they were SBs I really wanted. The only other SB I want is any FFT one ideally one for both Ramza and Agrias.

Kaiterra

Banned
Oh, just readin' some X-Men comics, been catching up from 2000... I'm in 2006, and what do I come across?

1236507-phoenix_blade_1.jpg

NO. YOU WILL NOT TEMPT ME! I WILL NOT PULL AGAIN!

MicH

Selphie's SSB is damn good. I'm tempted to pull for it, but I already got two AoE heals and I can always hope it's on a better banner in the future. It just use a Selphie RW

Wazzy

Banned
I did two more pulls because I wanted Selphies SSB and ended up with two more Seifer coats lol
Grats (and I lol'd pretty hard just now quoting you,, didn't know you had a hover over tag).

Selphie will be used because she is not the abominable Snowe-man, but she is still Selphie so she has to put in work. I am glad to hear her SSB rocks tho!
Thanks!
Congrats Wazzy! :)

I spent more Mythril than I was planning to on the FFVII banner and didn't get much in return, (Bahamut SIN sucks) so I don't know if I'm going to pull on the Quistis Banner even though I really want to. :/

I really should wait until the Edea banner...
Thanks Hours!

I'm gonna do like one or two pulls on Quistis banner but that's it.

Noi

Should I use 19 rosetta stones on Cloud's BSSB weapon?

Not all at once. Rosetta Stones have a chance to do an augment worth two points instead of one, so do them one by one.

Edit: As for whether you /should/, swords are the most common weapon type so having one with really high Atk will help for realms you lack weapon synergy in.

Kaiterra

Banned
Womp womp. Dumped my last 100 mythril into the Fusion Sword banner chasing visions of Planet Protector-boosted BSBs only to end up with my third Platinum Fist. I guess I can't consider that mythril wasted because it would have been a 1/22 pull no matter what banner I did it on, huh.

Also that Platinum Fist has monster ATK. My first 7* weapon.

My only regret is not doing my earlier, luckier draws on the second banner instead.

Noi

Explode in palm

Can I really justify a Monk 5* skill over a Combat one. Though admittedly, five hits with high crit chance sounds really good on paper...

I only just now noticed that Exploding Fist doesn't overlap with Saint's Cross, Bahamut or Thief's Raid for major orbs too. Maybe this IS something worth considering.

Can I really justify a Monk 5* skill over a Combat one. Though admittedly, five hits with high crit chance sounds really good on paper...

I only just now noticed that Exploding Fist doesn't overlap with Saint's Cross, Bahamut or Thief's Raid for major orbs too. Maybe this IS something worth considering.

I'm thinking about crafting it too to use with my Tifa. I have her latest Relic which does some damage and ups everyone's attack by 35%. While it isn't 50% like the top tier party attack ups, it's still pretty great and I may not be able to pull Ramzas Scream anyway do to lack of mythril. She could be a main stay on my top squad especially if I craft the Exploding Fist. Only other thing I'm slightly concerned about is that she's stuck at level 65. Do we even know when her mc2 comes into play?

For that matter if anyone has info as to when sazh and yshtola get their MC2s I'd like to know as well.

WarAdept

I have plenty of Monk relics and even I wouldn't craft this. It still shares orbs with Full Charge and Chainstarter, which is used by far more of the cast (basically nearly all Sword users, making it super valuable), than the niche Exploding Fist. I think even taking into account the critical modifier, it still doesn't have as much DPS as other upcoming 5* skills (or even Barrage).

Hell, don't some Monks even have 5 Combat, making it even more redundant?

Razmos

I'm thinking about crafting it too to use with my Tifa. I have her latest Relic which does some damage and ups everyone's attack by 35%. While it isn't 50% like the top tier party attack ups, it's still pretty great and I may not be able to pull Ramzas Scream anyway do to lack of mythril. She could be a main stay on my top squad especially if I craft the Exploding Fist. Only other thing I'm slightly concerned about is that she's stuck at level 65. Do we even know when her mc2 comes into play?

For that matter if anyone has info as to when sazh and yshtola get their MC2s I'd like to know as well.
We should have gotten it in the Advent Children event. I guess it will release along with hall of rites, and that shouldn't be too far off now.

Yolo bros

12321672_10154605400233989_8476338579664282962_n.jpg

I'm going all in. F it. It's to late to turn back now. I'm going to try this out on all the future events for the time being.

Ysh - SS2 / Medica
Tifa - Burning Arrow / Water Kick
Cloud - Fenrir Overdrive
Zack - Air Strike
Sazh - Boon

Spam the lifesiphons!!!

Nohar

Bahamut - SIN mastered on my first try. Granted, I had the holy trinity (Wall (SG) + Hastega (Boon) + Medica (HotF) ), Cloud's Blade Beam and Rinoa's Quake Angel Wing, making the fight very doable. Heck, I even took Red XIII's SSB as my RW for that fight.

Didn't pull the banner by the way (best weapon was Organix, kinda retaliated Bahamut to death, it has been a while since I've done that). Waiting for SSSB festival, lucky draw and FFT.

Grzi

Got Cid's spear...
Why not Zack's fist at least, stupid game.

That's four 5* Relics from that banner but still no Fusion Sword. The probability of me getting it now is pretty much non-existent but I'm not giving up.

Also, my second dragoon SB (got Fang's Glaive). I heard they get better soon but how much better? Or is it just Kain due to his supposedly amazing SSB?

Kain

you'll have to wait for the Hall of Rites to get implemented. you'll need an empty MC and MC2 for her

Thx man.

btw I made two yolo pulls in a row and I got two Seifer coats, so... welcome to the team you crazy fuck!

I'm saving the rest of my mythtril for the FFT banner.

nacarelli

Neo Member
Thought that Bahamut - SIN is the most interesting fight so far. Granted, I'm drowning in FF7 relics (although I have no SSB or BSB from this realm), but it's the first Ultimate where I needed to think long and hard about what characters I should bring and what specific abilities.

After 180 stamina, my party was Lightning (for Crushing Blow), Tyro as a mage (with Red's Silver Barrete and Meteor honed to R3, especially for this fight), Mog (with Candle Rod and for his Heroic Harmony), Sephiroth (have only his Masamune, but honed Mirror of Equity to R3 and Fire Blossom to R4) and finally... Quina! His Mighty Guard IX was MVP in the beginning of the fight since Tyro was equipped with Devotion materia. For RW, brought Emerald Light for thr the Haste effect.

Really fun fight and a puzzle of sorts, more than any Ultimate so far in my opinion.

Kaiterra

Banned
Got Cid's spear...
Why not Zack's fist at least, stupid game.

That's four 5* Relics from that banner but still no Fusion Sword. The probability of me getting it now is pretty much non-existent but I'm not giving up.

Also, my second dragoon SB (got Fang's Glaive). I heard they get better soon but how much better? Or is it just Kain due to his supposedly amazing SSB?

Fang's pretty solid either way. I can't speak for Cid but I hope I can get something out of him after getting two Pole Axes. Man I've had really good Dragoon luck lately too I guess. Glaive, Bladed Lance, two Drills, two Pole Axes...

Noi

I have plenty of Monk relics and even I wouldn't craft this. It still shares orbs with Full Charge and Chainstarter, which is used by far more of the cast (basically nearly all Sword users, making it super valuable), than the niche Exploding Fist. I think even taking into account the critical modifier, it still doesn't have as much DPS as other upcoming 5* skills (or even Barrage).

Hell, don't some Monks even have 5 Combat, making it even more redundant?

That's what I was looking at initially, yeah. Of course there's always the argument that skills like Full Charge are still a long ways off and I can use Exploding Fist /now/. It and FC only share Power Orbs, so if all else fails, I can just shatter Fist once that comes out and get half the Power orbs back. Lord knows how many more I'll have by then.

Not gonna craft/hone it immediately anyway. I'll stick to my usual "hone it only if you need it" rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom