• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meneses

When's Squall's BSSB supposed to come?

I'm trying to decide whether to continue grinding out single pulls for Cloud's or start saving for that one.

MrDaravon

Fenrir Overdrive is so good holy crap. I use it sometimes(RW) in dungeon catchup and it just destroys bosses.

Bless you guys who have it as your RW. It makes me even more excited for Squalls.

It really is good. I finally started hitting the higher difficulty Elite dungeons since I'm still way behind on those, and I'm 100% sure Fenrir RWs are the only reason I'm getting Mastery on some of these things. Using it on a level 80 Cloud with a decent RS weapon is ridiculous.

Wazzy

Banned
When's Squall's BSSB supposed to come?

I'm trying to decide whether to continue grinding out single pulls for Cloud's or start saving for that one.
It's coming with Edea's event and that's about 10-11 events away?

I'm saving all mythril until this event(which isn't much at the moment since I used most of mine on Laguna event) and hopefully I can pull his BSSB.
It really is good. I finally started hitting the higher difficulty Elite dungeons since I'm still way behind on those, and I'm 100% sure Fenrir RWs are the only reason I'm getting Mastery on some of these things. Using it on a level 80 Cloud with a decent RS weapon is ridiculous.

Yeah same. It's really helping me out with catching up.

Fenrir Overdrive is so good holy crap. I use it sometimes(RW) in dungeon catchup and it just destroys bosses.

Bless you guys who have it as your RW. It makes me even more excited for Squalls.

Seriously though. The only reason I'm championing some of these elites is because of it.

Dragner

I was struggling with +++ battles before pulling the BSSB. After then mastered easily Bahamut (ok I had great synergy) but also killed Seimour with only 1 synergy sword, and didnt master it because didnt care about it (didnt bring sap to the battle). The damage output is beyond absurd if you have boostga to go with it. Scream meta will be savage.

BSSBs are that good, I will be saving all my mythril until BSSB fest once Tactics is gone to get Tyro and Bartz or PCecil one.

Two Things:

We seriously need the MC2 crystals to come out and a quicker rate. The power creep is insane and I'm tired of using the same characters for everything.

The Yuna RW with Bahamut...is it just me, or is it really freaking weak?

About to fight Bahamut Sin, and waffling around on my summoner choice. Initially, I was going to roll with Krile, but now I'm leaning towards Yuna. Here's the breakdown:

Both:
Abilities: Valefor R4, Ifrit R5
SB (Candle Rod): AoE Cure

Yuna L74:
+More HP, DEF, RES
+Smidge more MAG
+Significantly more MND

Krile L65:
+SB: Wind Drake's Roar (Stun)

So yeah, Yuna basically completely outclasses Krile, except Krile can inflict AoE Stun with her SB. But would it be more useful than a key Medica or two (To be clear, this would be the Candle SB, and not Hymn of the Faith)? My team has a lot of mitigation (SS2, Boon, Full Break, Magic Breakdown), but no other AoE Heals, since I was planning on rolling with Cloud's BSB. Reaaaally leaning towards Yuna right now, unless anyone can significantly vouch for Stun.

Finally mastered Bahamut Sin. I only got expert the first time I tried so I spent the weekend leveling up and replaced protectga with shellga which helped with the end of the fight. The only two SBs I used were HofF and SS2. Brought Clouds BSB as a RW which I used before the 2nd gigaflare and after the 2nd petaflare. He ended up going down on my second attempt today.

WarAdept

Quistis' SSB has a great animation. Giant fuck off high walls.

Too bad Quistis herself is rubbish.
Blue Magic when.

Finally beat Bahamut SIN and Mastered it too.

This is a great strategy. It requires some high level hones, but besides that the rest should be not too difficult to obtain using your own gear. (I have a native medica, which I think is the only real part if the trinity that is almost essential for this strategy, but I could even see completing it without having one, though you'd probably have to restart a lot.)

Jarekx

Well. Adel down. By far the easiest ult for me. Boon+ SG + res from bloodiest made her a cakewalk. Almost got through it with full medals and not a single S/L. I also got an Ulysses on my 100 gem pull. Does it stack with full break? Is it breakdown level def / res?

ultimate adel down. yeah this was a pretty easy one, granted stoneskin 2 + boon + HotF RW-heh. Veil of Adel is junk. +700 hp? pass

VIII relics: revolver, betrayal sword, light armor, mesmerize dagger + Basically very old relics, but still packs some punch.

Tifa is now pretty much required in my party for these. She fired off 4 flaming arrows in total and really kept my offense cooking.

Wazzy

Banned
I wasted a lot of mythril on Laguna banner but the first two pulls on one with Rinoa and I get her SSB LOL
Please tell me you got Quistis's relic. I tried but 45x pulls later and I only have another Cardinal and hyperion.
hbmA1Ta.jpg
One 11x pull with mythril and one paid 11x and I ended up with this pull.

First pull was a Hyperion and Butterfly Edge(lol?) which is decent. Goodbye mythril but it was worth it. Now it's saving time for Squall.

MrDaravon

Quistis item is mildly tempting but will pass on this banner since I've already got Yuna running Hymn (AoE heal + regen), Tyro with SG (Wall) and Red XIII with the dps + shellga SB. The Quistis item on it's on is pretty solid, but outside of the Haste it doesn't fill a role for me and she's lacking skillset wise (no Support 5 IIRC). Must stay strong for SSB and Tactics banners.

Also can someone please actually explain what the fuck the Relics of Light event is? Only recent thing on reddit I can find on it is people talking about finally getting to use FF1 items which tells me literally nothing other than it's a FF1 event?

Balphon

Quistis' SSB has a great animation. Giant fuck off high walls.

Too bad Quistis herself is rubbish.
Blue Magic when.

Eh, she's not great, but she's one of the few characters who has Support 4+ and is a decent black mage. Only Terra and Vincent are better in that niche.

Also can someone please actually explain what the fuck the Relics of Light event is? Only recent thing on reddit I can find on it is people talking about finally getting to use FF1 items which tells me literally nothing other than it's a FF1 event?

It's a relatively easy event that rewards a bunch of accessories from past events.

I wasted a lot of mythril on Laguna banner but the first two pulls on one with Rinoa and I get her SSB LOL

First pull was a Hyperion and Butterfly Edge(lol?) which is decent. Goodbye mythril but it was worth it. Now it's saving time for Squall.
The true queen of FFVIII strikes again. <3

MrDaravon

It's a relatively easy event that rewards a bunch of accessories from past events.

Rad. So is it all FF1 RS I guess then based on the reddit comments? I hilariously have more FF1 RS than some other realms with a Defender, Knight Armor and a Knight Armor+ (I didn't see a need for 3 Heavy Armors for the same virtually non-existent realm).

Nice pull! Would love the quistis ssb but must stay strong!

Xclash

can't grow facial hair

You gave me the energy to do one more pull and this is what I got.

13iOSSd.jpg

I'm going to stay strong and not go crazy until the SSB fest/Tactics banner.

MicH

I got Zell's Maverick on my 100 gem pull. Don't think I'll ever use it outside VIII realms, but nice nonetheless. That's my 6th 5* on a 100 gem pull, 3rd character relic

Wazzy

Banned
The true queen of FFVIII strikes again. <3
<3
Nice pull! Would love the quistis ssb but must stay strong!
Thanks! I'm happy because I really wanted Rinoa's SSB but to also pull Quistis's is awesome.
Congratulation Wazzy! The trend continues! Do you plan to change your RW to Quistis?
Thank you!

If enough people in here want me to I'll change it to her but only until Squall BSSB is released. xD
You gave me the energy to do one more pull and this is what I got.

13iOSSd.jpg

I'm going to stay strong and not go crazy until the SSB fest/Tactics banner.
GRATZ MY FELLOW SSB PULLER!

Glad I was enough motivation to do it. :p
Double SSB pull? Queen Wazzy with all dem FF8 Hax. :p
Nothing can stop my love for VIII and clearly DeNA knows.

B.K.

I did a 100 pull. The table started shaking and out popped a rainbow orb. I stated getting excited, hoping it would be a SSB. It was Seifer's Hyperion. :/

Rad. So is it all FF1 RS I guess then based on the reddit comments? I hilariously have more FF1 RS than some other realms with a Defender, Knight Armor and a Knight Armor+ (I didn't see a need for 3 Heavy Armors for the same virtually non-existent realm).

Yes, and we also get WoL RM2

Kenai

Got Rinoa's Cardinal weapon. I must say, this has been a VERY lucky couple of 100 pulls for me. Hope I don't use it all up before the banners I'm really interested in though.

Either way, I should have enough FF8 synergy now to do the Ultimate without trouble, assuming I can level my team up in time.

c-murph

Ah, yeah! Just Got Selphie's Memory Crystal II. My first II crystal!

Edit: Just got my first Major Orb in Daily Battle Dungeon too!

Kaiterra

Banned
I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA why I'm struggling so hard against Bahamut SIN. I actually went in with less stuff and less thought put into my loadout (I didn't even take a wall! Instead I had Aerith with Planet Protector. I wish I could fit both) as I have here and did better the first time, nearly killing him off, and now I keep losing someone before the first sphere goes up.

The only explanation I can come up with is awful starting ATB luck. My most confident run was with Y'shtola starting with a full gauge and I was able to avoid anyone but Sephiroth taking notable damage before I got my mitigation up and I never even got a chance to heal him.

Alternately I need to be bringing a wall as an RW instead of relying on Y'shtola, but I am just too afraid of not being able to use it enough times.

Tifa (65) - Platinum Fist++, Precious Watch, Godo's Mask / Lifesiphon, Bladeblitz / Waterkick, Burning Arrow / Ace Striker
Zack (65) - Zack's Gloves+, Precious Watch, Wolf Earring / Lifesiphon, Firaga Strike / Air Strike / Knight's Charge
Sephiroth (80) - One-Winged Angel, Christmas Gloves, Champion Belt / Darkmoon, Fire Blossom / Shadow Flare / Sky Pirate's Pride
Red XIII (80) - Magic Comb, Keepsake Ribbon, Bolt Ring / Armor Breakdown, Ruinga / Stardust Ray / Mako Might
Y'shtola (65) - Thyrus+, Keepsake Ribbon, Coral Ring / Curaja, Protectga / Stoneskin II / Dr. Mog's Teachings

lol count me in that club too. Every FF8 relic I pull is a sword, it seems like, so it was kinda disappointing.

Noi

That moment when you confirm the fight against U. Adel, then realize that you took Power Breakdown instead of Magic Breakdown.

Fuck.

Kaiterra

Banned
HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHEN MY WALL WEARS OFF? I always get nailed for MASSIVE damage before I can reup. Why the hell isn't there a visual effect?!

Grzi

Guys...

aHfCHIs.jpg

Finally, Jesus Christ. I'm really happy right now, however pathetic that may sound, now I have no excuses not to beat Bahamut Sin. Also, I don't have to spend money. Whew.

Kaiterra

Banned
Guys...

Finally, Jesus Christ. I'm really happy right now, however pathetic that may sound, now I have no excuses not to beat Bahamut Sin. Also, I don't have to spend money. Whew.

Cognratulations.

Ugh this just makes me want to keep trying and that's such a bad idea...

MicH

I don't think I've ever taken down an ultimate boss as fast as I did Adel. PP + LH + SSII + Fenrir Overdrive + Crushing Blow = destruction! Didn't even have to reapply any buffs and only losf 1 medal!

Wazzy

Banned
Andddddd Adel down!

Wasn't terribly hard but sometimes Flare was quite annoying. My VIII gear made everything much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom