• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZangBa

The counter was annoying, but otherwise a decent Ultimate. Glad to get it out of the way now. In other news, I now own every item on the second FFT banner in JP except for scream, lol.

Say that after it counters you four times in quick succession.
I'm not saying it's without some annoyances, but overall it's far more manageable to deal with than some other Ultimates that require endless S/Ls in hopes that they won't kill you within the first round.

Noi

Silver Dragon went down rather painlessly with 5 man reta. Only had to S/L once cause his counter killed Sephiroth once right as the fight was gonna end.

Now to sit on my stamina and wait for orbfest to start. I should really get around to replacing all my Boon RW with Mighty Guard (VIII) one of these days.

Falk

that puzzling face
No-medals-lost can also be done with Dismissal spam, but require a modicum of RNG on top of decent synergy physical weapons.

Dragner

Ultimate mastered. No S/L was easy with mitigation up. I used Fang with attunement II and ice/wind jumps to hit for 8k+. Overall pretty straightforward, the only tricky part is his counter gale that could keep on check with dreamstage. Really fun fight with average difficulty.

Balphon

I'm not saying it's without some annoyances, but overall it's far more manageable to deal with than some other Ultimates that require endless S/Ls in hopes that they won't kill you within the first round.

Pretty much every ultimate has had its AI deliberately configured to prevent it from using strong attacks until its third move or so.

Hell, Silver Dragon probably has the most annoying start of any of them since you have to make sure your dragoon isn't in the air when your buffs go off.

It's also the first in quite awhile to pull the RNG counter crap.

Dragner

Yeah this ultimate, like bahamut, doesnt have any weak phase, so it starts full power. So yeah it can be a dick and do scratch + AOE before you set wall and kill your healer or support since it hits hard.Its a bit of RNG, I was lucky that my healer started full ATB so I could protectga + wall before he could kill me. After that is just stabilize hp and you should be good to go.

edit:
evv1i8Ol.jpg

Didn't Japan get 4 MC2...plus you know actually getting a blank MC2 with the FFAC event. The curse of global strikes again. edit: The FFAC event is still a curse but apparently when people meant 4 they meant 3 from login, 1 from event which technically still happens thanks to FFX-2.

Silver Dragon Ultimate has a Don't get KOd requirement? What is this madness...well I suppose I prefer it to only having two medal requirements.

Turns out Silver Dragon does have magic attacks.
The flying form uses the twisted magic attack. It also has 650 speed in flying form (500 in ground) so basically no ATB bar just ability cast time (which tends to be fixed with few exceptions).
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/4a6mf1/a_summoner_reborn_enemy_stats_and_ai/

While the ground form can use the Wing Gale magic counter it is fixed damage so mitigation doesn't matter (also shouldn't it be translated as Breath Wing, DeNA canon strikes again put in my Wraithwal and Red Tidus if old).

A couple times I accidentally hit him while he was in flight - was surprised at how much damage I did. I figure his RES was way above the soft cap so it wasn't really helping prevent any more damage coming from me.
5000 res while flying and 2000 res while on ground. So much for having to wait for months for stupid res values on Ultimate.

i am really curious... besides garland, has anyone ever beaten any ultimates without losing any medals?
I did so on Adel. Advance+Retaliate went though her HP like butter so the AI was always stuck trying to cast Ultima (which has a 5 second cast time here) but it would be reset before it could finish (a quirk of the AI, I believe that other multi-phase bosses have to go through all required actions of their current phase before moving on) so Adel essentially did nothing but a few attacks at the start so it was basically like this.

Pretty much every ultimate has had its AI deliberately configured to prevent it from using strong attacks until its third move or so.

Hell, Silver Dragon probably has the most annoying start of any of them since you have to make sure your dragoon isn't in the air when your buffs go off.

It's also the first in quite awhile to pull the RNG counter crap.
Okay then. Sorry you're having trouble.

I still think it's one of the easiest Ultimates overall, and one of the most satisfying to battle against. Obviously your mileage may vary. We even had people saying Bahamut SIN was easy, so I guess it's all a matter of perspective. (And how much RNG has blessed you.)

I found it about middle of the road in terms of difficulty - sure there have been easier ones (Maduin, Garland) but we've had harder too. Agreed his RES is a lot higher than expected, I went with a mage party at first and struggled to do any decent damage. Swapped around a bit to a mixed group and it was fine:

spkalsul.png

I did put Drain Strike on Cloud, Drainga on Vivi, and Drain Jump on Cid just for a bit more sustainability to go with their weakness hitting nuke. RW was SS2 ofcourse...

Kaiterra

Banned
There we go, that was easier than Beatrix. With Beatrix I had to write down all my actions on paper to be sure I was maximizing my Retaliates and the timing was really tight. With Silver Dragon I got away with being a little more loosey goosey and just reupping Reta if I wasn't sure if I had to that turn or not and it worked out fine just because of the sheer number of counterattacks he ate. I only lost one Actions Taken medal and no others.

Beat him, but eff only got expert because I took too many turns

Auron, Squall (SSB), Gilgamesh, Eiko, Red XIII (LH), with Dreamstage RW

Might just cheese it for Mastery

As usual, having native boon, wall, and boostga (tifa) makes for a pretty simple ultimate even with only one native weapon, the dagger and a gladius+. Steiner on spellswords, kain on jump duty (lancet sb for extra healing if needed, it wasn't) tifa on life siphon and then sazh and yshtola doing their usual thing. No retaliate needed thankfully. Hymn of the faith on rw as usual for me. Defensively I'm stacked in ix, two hypno crowns, power sash and another light armor, offensively my weakest realm. I think I reloaded twice due to attacks before I could mitigate. Thanks to having Tifas boostga, I am not sweating missing out on shout whatsoever, though my poor offensive weapons were considerably off so by the two weaknesses of the ultimate.

I have to laugh and smh at all the posters on reddit who declare their victory on these things then post their setups with loads of red and blue rs weapons and armors as if that is some accomplishment. granted I view setups as examples for others to look at for preparation as opposed to a measuring contest, but whatever.

Brandson

I came close to losing first try mastery on Silver Dragon due to too many turns, but got it just in time. I did it with my usual team with Gilgamesh in place of Cloud for jumps (Squall, Faris, Gilgamesh, Lenna, Red XIII, wall RW). Dragon's damage wasn't doing much, but his high DEF made the battle rather slow going. Finding a way to work in a boostga would have helped.

rsniper59

Neo Member
I was one basic attack's worth of HP away from getting Champion on the 120 fight against Ark. Zidane got KO'd by a last-second Whirlwind right before Beatrix finished the thing off with Attack.

Oh well! I'm just pleased that I've been able to reliably clear the last few 120's with my team. Plus I got a snazzy 5* Dragoon ability! Not bad.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Tips on beating Ark??

There really isn't any Wind black magic, eh? Tried doing Cloud (65) and Steiner (5-something) with Aero/Aerora Strike but no dice.

I goofed by giving Beatrix(65) Esuna and Protectga. Esuna doesn't seem to be worth it.

Full party setup:
Beatrix - Esuna, Protectga. Seikein Stock Break
Steiner - Aero Strike, Aerora Strike, Veil of Protection
Zidane - Armor Break, Power Break,
Cloud - Aerora Strike, Tempo Flurry
Garnet - Curaja, Shellga, Poison Mist(don't use it, but she has it)

Man even the cheese strategy for Silver Dragon took more SL than I like to admit. My tip would be just have Gilgamesh Jump and Retaliate so he can always be ready to jump (if you really want to be stylish and safe though time your jumps before the warning message as doing it when the warning message shows up gives it an airborne attack which will be twister defying its 20% odds and likely leading to an SL...some warning, huh).

Advance expiring right at the end wasn't too pretty either (but Cloud still did 8k with Blizzara Strike to finish the battle) Other thoughts are Tyro and Gilgamesh are really quite slow (or at least feel that way).

Also google translate sucks:
ViBsFze.png

But Ramza bursting into tears is too amusing a thought to let pass.

Tips on beating Ark??

There really isn't any Wind black magic, eh? Tried doing Cloud (65) and Steiner (5-something) with Aero/Aerora Strike but no dice.

I goofed by giving Beatrix(65) Esuna and Protectga. Esuna doesn't seem to be worth it.

Full party setup:
Beatrix - Esuna, Protectga. Seikein Stock Break
Steiner - Aero Strike, Aerora Strike, Veil of Protection
Zidane - Armor Break, Power Break,
Cloud - Aerora Strike, Tempo Flurry
Garnet - Curaja, Shellga, Poison Mist(don't use it, but she has it)

Blind it. I took Amarant with Dark Buster (and Tempo Flurry!), but other things get the job done. 90% of his attacks can be nullified if he is Blind.

I'm taking 1.5k damage from Ark with level 85 characters, protectga, shellga, power and magic breakdown. I do about 3.5k when it's in the air and 5.5k when on the ground.

Think I am gonna need a RW that stacks with my other defensive options.

Falk

that puzzling face
I can't beat this Ultimate :(

Screwed up by bringing wrong ability - no jump, no dice, quit and selected "don't continue" @ start screen, then entered the battle again for another 60stam. Brainfarted and thought I was selecting the stage meaning going to the loadout screen.

I'm getting old guys.

(waiting on stamina now)

Kain

This is the first time I've beaten an Ultimate, yay!!!!!!!!

Two characters died and I got shit medals, but fuck that, I did it. Once I level up some people this week with the festival I'll try and get the mastery.

PS: Well I beat Garland too, but that hardly felt like an Ultimate.

I can't beat this Ultimate :(

Screwed up by bringing wrong ability - no jump, no dice, quit and selected "don't continue" @ start screen, then entered the battle again for another 60stam. Brainfarted and thought I was selecting the stage meaning going to the loadout screen.

I'm getting old guys.

(waiting on stamina now)

Lol I've totally done that before for a different battle.

Balphon

Okay then. Sorry you're having trouble.

I still think it's one of the easiest Ultimates overall, and one of the most satisfying to battle against. Obviously your mileage may vary. We even had people saying Bahamut SIN was easy, so I guess it's all a matter of perspective. (And how much RNG has blessed you.)

I was mostly getting unlucky with the frequency of his counters. It was a little aggravating.

MicH

Hall of Rites is launching tonight, right? I'm really looking forward to seeing which MC1s and MC2s are available

c-murph

This is the first time I've beaten an Ultimate, yay!!!!!!!!

Two characters died and I got shit medals, but fuck that, I did it. Once I level up some people this week with the festival I'll try and get the mastery.

PS: Well I beat Garland too, but that hardly felt like an Ultimate.

At least you can beat the Ultimates. I can't even unlock their battles yet. Need more 80Lv characters.

Kain

At least you can beat the Ultimates. I can't even unlock their battles yet. Need more 80Lv characters.

I don't have a single 80 yet. Where are you stuck? Maybe we can help.

I beat all the battles previous to the Ultimate with a full FFIX consisting in Garnet, Freya, Beatrix, Steiner and Vivi, only Vivi was 65, the rest were mid 50s. My synergy were Steiner's and Freya's weapon.

For the Ultimate I used Garnet (Curaga and Protectga), Freya (Wind jump and Power breakdown), Sephiroth, the Mesh and Cloud with full reta and Blizzara swords. And maybe 7-8 R/L. Emerald light as RW, btw.

btw I feel Freya is a very, very, cool char. She might not have amazing stats like, say, Sefi or Cloud, but she has all of the Dragoon abilities (which I personally love) plus access to breakdowns, which are boss. I'm definetely keeping her in my teams.

c-murph

I don't have a single 80 yet. Where are you stuck? Maybe we can help.

I beat all the battles previous to the Ultimate with a full FFIX consisting in Garnet, Freya, Beatrix, Steiner and Vivi, only Vivi was 65, the rest were mid 50s. My synergy were Steiner's and Freya's weapon.

For the Ultimate I used Garnet (Curaga and Protectga), Freya (Wind jump and Power breakdown), Sephiroth, the Mesh and Cloud with full reta and Blizzara swords. And maybe 7-8 R/L. Emerald light as RW, btw.

btw I feel Freya is a very, very, cool char. She might not have amazing stats like, say, Sefi or Cloud, but she has all of the Dragoon abilities (which I personally love) plus access to breakdowns, which are boss. I'm definetely keeping her in my teams.

My issue is Synergy and not having any 5* items from anything other than FFVII. I just started like a couple months ago and haven't really hit up any banners.

I have a few Lv.65 characters; Tyro, Cloud, Cid, Tifa, Yuffie, Red XIII, WoL. Lightning Lv.50 and Selphie Lv.80. I think Terra, Locke and Rinoa are around Lv.30 somewhere. Slowly working on expanding into other realms of characters.

Kain

My issue is Synergy and not having any 5* items from anything other than FFVII. I just started like a couple months ago and haven't really hit up any banners.

I have a few Lv.65 characters; Tyro, Cloud, Cid, Tifa, Yuffie, Red XIII, WoL. Lightning Lv.50 and Selphie Lv.80. I think Terra, Locke and Rinoa are around Lv.30 somewhere. Slowly working on expanding into other realms of characters.

Mmmm then I can understand how it can be hard. I have to say the bosses in this event have glaring weaknesses, maybe instead of chars you should focus on abilities. You definetely need dragoon abilities for most of the bosses, and any BM can hit 9999 with Firaga on most of them.

And Tempo flurry. That ability changed my FFRK life xD

Are we getting the lucky banners too, or just the soul break banners?

Should get them around the actual anniversary date.
Yup. It will likely follow how it went in Japan. The three days before their anniversary each had a Lucky Draw banner. Also, 25 mythril was given away at the start of the LD banners. Then, another 50 was given away alongside Ultros and a 5* sword on the anniversary itself.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Retameta or lots of orbs, really. Unless you are a p2w player or just have ungodly luck and can do Lifesiphon meta because you have every character's BSSB at 7*.

MicH

So what is the difference between Orb Fest, Lucky Fest, and BSSB Fest and how many mythril do you need for the whole thing?

Orb fest: Special limited time dungeons that feature higher drop rates for orbs. They typically also give out a lot of gil and exp. Theo brfest starts tonight and you can see the different phases on this link
Lucky Draws: Special one-time banners that let's you do one 11-pull for half the price. If you get a 5* it's guaranteed to be a character relic which can be any previously released character relic
SSB/BSSB fest/celebration: Special banners that feature a mishmash of different relics for different characters. The ones coming up on the 25th feature at least 4 SSBs each and zero generic relics. You can see the upcoming SSB fest banners on this link

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh wait, so the draws that are happening during Orb Fest and the lucky draws aren't two different events?

So there are no SSB/BSSB during the Lucky Draws then? I guess I should splurge during that then.

MicH

Oh wait, so the draws that are happening during Orb Fest and the lucky draws aren't two different events?

So there are no SSB/BSSB during the Lucky Draws then? I guess I should splurge during that then.
Not quite sure I understand you.

Lucky Draws are completely separate from the SSB fest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom