• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually... is there a list of the banner with the soulbreak listed somewhere? Many relic I have no idea.
Here ya go.

673_01.png

674_01.png

675_01.png

676_01.png

677_01.png

678_01.png

woah, lots of mc2s to choose from.

My first four will be:
Tifa
Vivi
Lulu
Aerith

due to having relics, subject to change depending on banner pulls of course.

Oh, in the festival, light of trabia holy attack is ohking mini cactuars on auto attack mode.

MrDaravon

He'll be in the upcoming FF2 event along with his MC 1 I believe so best not to waste a lode on him

I don't have any lodes to spend lol.

Has he not been available since the last time there was a FF2 event or something? I've been playing since late October he's the only character I'm missing, just surprised.

Balphon

Yeah, how exactly do we get the items for MC's?

I also somehow don't have Firion? o_o

Firion was released in another celebration event forever ago and this is the first time his MC has been available.

They're going to give some souls/lodes as login rewards tomorrow.

Locke >>> Bartz > Gilgamesh > Vivi >>> Vanille > Hope > Lulu >>>>> Tifa >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Aerith.

Mine are

Vivi (have his SSB) > Gilgamesh (because he's top tier even no sb > Aerith (have her aoe heal sb) > Tifa (have her water kick sb) > Vanille/Hope (have their first sbs) > Bartz (generally useful) > Lulu/Locke (neither does anything useful for me)

All of this is subject to change if I pull Locke, Bartz, or Lulu's relics from the ssb gatcha

MrDaravon

Yeah I'm just gonna wait until pulls to see where I go in terms of MC's, I've already got Gilgamesh at 65 with Vivi almost there (he's my current Ruinga caster for Sundailys). I've also got Bartz's Brave Blade but I don't actively use him (he's sitting at 50). I'd like to use Locke in theory but I have nothing for him. Probably best just to wait and see what I pull.

Aside from that, does anyone know how the XP on + difficulty compares to the Sundaily? I got at least one Cactuar on every single stage so I can't tell lol. This is gonna be so glorious for me, I have so many goddamn characters to level.

Cleared the 5 difficulties of this phase. Without counting the rewards for Completion/Mastery, I got a huge total of 2 Greater Orbs. I am sure that tomorrow will be better!

On MC2, I will totally have to go as I pull on the SSB banners!

MicH

EDWARD!

I'm really surprised and happy to see Edward, Firion and Ingus finally getting their MC1s!! Tifa MC2 as well.

We're apparently getting.3 hero's souls, MC lodes and MC2 lodes as login bonuses. Not quite sure which MC2s to get yet

WarAdept

3 Ginormo Cactuars (2 MLO and 1 MDO) and 3x Cactuar orgies in a row.

Great start to this anniversary! Might do about 5 refreshes for this phase, MLO is pretty valuable. Don't know what I'm going to do with MBO though, have no interest in crafting Meteor and Flare anymore. I'll wait for Darkness magic I guess.

If you didn't spend the then useless crystals from Vale of Memories they're back:
0qIc32Ol.png

Of course this makes DeNA a bunch of liars as a lot of people were under the impression that any unused would be lost (even if a few speculated this would happen) so I exchanged mine for some 4* growth eggs :(

It is true there are only 3 MC1s I'm missing but I'd like to build a stockpile for when I do miss some events. Given Firion is coming out in 2 events anyway it would seem like there is little point cashing in but Firion also gets his MC2 during that event. I guess it will depend of how my EXP situation is looking (I'm tempted to use my 50 mythril prize on this orbfest, 26 on phase 2, 6 on other 4 phases...wait one of them is materials, maybe I'll only use 44 then).

Sooo we need to wait until they give the lodes? When I enter the HOR I see everything greyed out.
Apparently the ones from the temporary Hall of Rites from before are still valid now even though they said they would expire...

But yeah, we'll have to wait until we get some more. They're going to be giving some away as part of the Anniversary login bonuses, and then we'll get more from clearing events.

Kain

Mmm I have nothing because I dropped the game for more than six months... (I was there since the beginning but then I got a bad 50 pull and I raged quit lol). Well, Rinoa can wait a little more to be 65...

I still honestly wish I'd been playing since day one, having all of these unleveled characters and missing out on pulls etc for the first ~6 months of the game still drives my OCD nuts. Looking forward to going all in on this as much as humanly possible, plan on min/maxing my stamina for the next however many weeks orbfest is running, and as long as they don't start until Friday I plan on probably doing gem pulls on any lucky banners and saving the free mythril.
You might be interested in the A Walk down memory lane series in the FFRK subreddit
https://www.reddit.com/user/SkyfireX/submitted/
The early banners look dreadful now (as does there being 1-4 featured relics). The Rufus fight videos in part 1 are brutal. No RW, there are not enough accessories for all party members to wear accessories, you've having to use terrible abilities like blade bash and dark shot with low hones simply because other options either have yet to exist or you don't have the orbs for them (I think this was before daily dungeons existed). Also consider some players wouldn't have Tidus because he was a pre-registration gift and another little fact; You could not critical hit but enemies could critical hit you.

Later on there was the infamous parade float.

I feel my FFRK start was a bit of a cheat given it was right before festival of gold (an event with lots of EXP, gold and materials...which got sold due to inventory limits) and right after MC had started being added plus the festival lasted long enough to cover two events so I got Tidus+Wakka and Garnet+Vivi to level 60 plus Tyro, Kain, Cloud, WoL and Rydia to nearly 50.

Aside from that, does anyone know how the XP on + difficulty compares to the Sundaily? I got at least one Cactuar on every single stage so I can't tell lol. This is gonna be so glorious for me, I have so many goddamn characters to level.
Rough numbers
+ Difficulty on sunday is about 98k from champ
+ Difficulty here is about 78k for champ with no cactuar
+ Difficulty 3 waves of mini cactuar is about 190k for champ (which is around what ++ Sunday will be)

Don't forget the orb drops are a lot better than normal daily are (though divided among more orb types). The cactuar EXP might change too. The current EXP is the same as the first orb weekend we recently had rather than the second one which had less.

Falk

that puzzling face
I still honestly wish I'd been playing since day one, having all of these unleveled characters and missing out on pulls etc for the first ~6 months of the game still drives my OCD nuts.

Yeah, this is generally the case for mobile/event/gacha driven games. Have a similar OCD, which is why I watch the marketplace like a hawk for new games. If there's something that potentially might interest me, day 1. Can just as easily drop it if it doesn't jive.

(I can't really play more than 3 of these at a time, and 1 maximum in the initial don't-waste-any-resources phase)

Noi

Currently farming the first stage of the Freya event for Garnet's RM2 instead of doing orbfest. Realm-specific RM unlocks are dreadful.

As I was having these thoughts earlier. Seeing the daily log in bonuses it looks like the FFII event is going to start before the day 5 of the bonuses so using a blank MC for Firion offers no benefit (besides saving yourself an inevitable just 7+11+38 stamina detour) unless you're one of those people who have one already (thanks to not listening to lies from DeNA). The event should also start before phase 2 of the orbfest but must be finished before phase 5.

edit: Interesting reading for people planning orbfest refreshes
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe..._cactuars_part_1_no_3_black_part_2_no_3_dark/

I know, as mentioned just above, that Firion will get his MC1 in the FF2 event, but are any of the other new MC/MC2s going to be in upcoming events? Or are all of them exclusive to the Hall?

Falk

that puzzling face
I feel like I should keep my MC2 Crystals for whoever's SSB I inadvertently pull.

punchline being that I'll have more MC2 Crystals at the end of FFRK than megalixirs at the end of a JRPG

GordonShumway

Neo Member
Is there any consensus on which MC2s to get from the Hall of Rites based solely on the characters and their new RMs?

I haven't thought about it too much, but I'd guess Gilgamesh since he's great for retameta and at least one of the 5* black mages to help prep for the first Nightmare dungeon.

Obviously, going to hold off and base my picks on SSBfest draws but I'm curious who's the cream of the crop to grab after that.

Also, do we know how long until we'll get enough MC2 lodes to get all the available MC2s? (assuming you've picked up all previous MC2s that were available)

Is there any consensus on which MC2s to get from the Hall of Rites based solely on the characters and their new RMs?

I haven't thought about it too much, but I'd guess Gilgamesh since he's great for retameta and at least one of the 5* black mages to help prep for the first Nightmare dungeon.

Obviously, going to hold off and base my picks on SSBfest draws but I'm curious who's the cream of the crop to grab after that.

Also, do we know how long until we'll get enough MC2 lodes to get all the available MC2s? (assuming you've picked up all previous MC2s that were available)

None of the mc's are that dominant so you should really base it upon who's ssb you pull or if that doesn't work out who you consistently use for difficult content.

Dragner

None of the mc's are that dominant so you should really base it upon who's ssb you pull or if that doesn't work out who you consistently use for difficult content.

I would Say Tyro and Cloud are worth to get their MC2 even if you dont have a relic for them because their RM3 makes life easier on late game content.

MrDaravon

You might be interested in the A Walk down memory lane series in the FFRK subreddit
https://www.reddit.com/user/SkyfireX/submitted/
The early banners look dreadful now (as does there being 1-4 featured relics). The Rufus fight videos in part 1 are brutal. No RW, there are not enough accessories for all party members to wear accessories, you've having to use terrible abilities like blade bash and dark shot with low hones simply because other options either have yet to exist or you don't have the orbs for them (I think this was before daily dungeons existed). Also consider some players wouldn't have Tidus because he was a pre-registration gift and another little fact; You could not critical hit but enemies could critical hit you.

Later on there was the infamous parade float.

I feel my FFRK start was a bit of a cheat given it was right before festival of gold (an event with lots of EXP, gold and materials...which got sold due to inventory limits) and right after MC had started being added plus the festival lasted long enough to cover two events so I got Tidus+Wakka and Garnet+Vivi to level 60 plus Tyro, Kain, Cloud, WoL and Rydia to nearly 50.

Rough numbers
+ Difficulty on sunday is about 98k from champ
+ Difficulty here is about 78k for champ with no cactuar
+ Difficulty 3 waves of mini cactuar is about 190k for champ (which is around what ++ Sunday will be)

Don't forget the orb drops are a lot better than normal daily are (though divided among more orb types). The cactuar EXP might change too. The current EXP is the same as the first orb weekend we recently had rather than the second one which had less.

Yeah, that older stuff seems rough as hell lol.

I'd be doing the orbfest regardless because of the orb drops, but was just curious how it compared to the sundaily at a base level because I still have not gone a single stage without getting at least one cactuar which is a great problem to have. I woke up at fucking 4 AM this morning just to do a couple runs to avoid wasting stamina. It's gonna be a fun few weeks.

Falk: Same here, problem is I make terrible life decisions and have a Windows phone (don't ask, long story) so I just didn't have access to this since I didn't know about Bluestacks etc at the time. I actually bought this cheap $50 android tablet pretty much to play this game back in October, along with wanting something to watching twitch/youtube on in bed etc.

Pejo

I've really been getting back into this game pretty heavy over the past week or so. Is there a list or ranking of the best RM these days? I've got almost every character unlocked, and have a ton of eggs, but I don't know what I should be aiming for. I'm using a lot of auto haste and physical/weapon based attack ones now, which I'm sure have been outclassed.

I've really been getting back into this game pretty heavy over the past week or so. Is there a list or ranking of the best RM these days? I've got almost every character unlocked, and have a ton of eggs, but I don't know what I should be aiming for. I'm using a lot of auto haste and physical/weapon based attack ones now, which I'm sure have been outclassed.

IMO these ones are all solid.

Mako Might / Dr. Mog Teaching (Cloud/Tyro RM3) - Instant SB charge when starting a dungeon. Really handy for Ultimate battles so you can Wall up straight away.

Summoning Spring II / Mana Spring II (Black Mage/Summoner RM2) - Makes clearing those lengthy elite dungeons much less hassle when you can spam Ruinga/Valeduin on trash waves.

Blood of the Espers (Terra RM3) - Started using this recently, really nice damage boost when it procs.

Dark Cecil RM3 - (can't remember what its called), 20% extra damage with swords which is great as Swords are probably the most common melee weapon type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom