• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
xxYUiT5l.jpg

Guess where all my luck went.

I think being a music guy there's a polytonal joke to be made here.

i had no idea this was possible but it happend to me too

Falk

that puzzling face
Between that and my Behemoth Knives they'd better watch out!

Behemoth knife is Core synergy though.

But that means you're set for both

(!!!)

All joking aside though, I thought that for the Tyro/core story content there'd eventually be Core synergy but it appears they're making it agnostic and giving synergy to different archetypes instead.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeh, it's a little confusing since when you pop his MC2 it literally says "unlocked"

But if you go to the RM list, you get this

wXeoP8bl.jpg

Boooo third phase draw was crappy. Hopefully fourth can give me something good!

Not joking, not salty, but I really, REALLY want to pull 0 5*s for Phase 4 now. We should celebrate if that happens.

Hachitora

Never used Cyan a lot but after I drew his Kotetsu, hoo boy. Drew Y'shtola's Thyrus (which I don't use much tbh), a circlet, and was able to upgrade my Royal Crown up to 6 stars. None of those draws got me Cloud's soul break weapons sadly :/

elty

Got Terra's corset.... best draw so far but still no mage weapon.

Anyone level up their core in anticipation of their RM2 (if)?

Falk

that puzzling face
How hilarious would it be if e.g. WHM/BM/Summoners suddenly got MC2s and RM3s that are basically

"Character now has access to 5* White Magic (or <insert school here>), Recharge 1 White Magic per battle"

Although that would be way, way, way more useful for stuff like Samurai, Knight, Bard, etc at that point. Holy cow.

edit: The more I think about it, the more I feel it's so core to the Final Fantasy franchise (and literally the basis of FFV/FFT/Bravely Default job system) that it has to be in somehow.

Who do I bribe

johnsmith

remember me
Guard Stick and Steiner's sword. Makes up for last week's strikeout I guess. I now have 2 relic weapons for Sephiroth and 2 for Aerith, FF7 events bow down before my might. Really needed a FF9 retaliate weapon too.

MicH

This game loves to give me a lot of 5* relics lately. Unfortunately, they all pretty much duck :/

Josef's gloves are the worst and I already have a 6* Crystal Glove for Tifa. The Koketsu os nice I guess, my first 5* katana

Vorpal

Spent the day collecting some straggler MCs, got through the EX battles easily enough, and now it's back to the warm comfort of Orbfest. Feels good.

This game loves to give me a lot of 5* relics lately. Unfortunately, they all pretty much duck :/

I'm super jealous of that Kotetsu. I look forward to a day when my Sephiroth and Cyan aren't practically useless

Falk

that puzzling face
So. I'm running Cloud/Golbez to spam Mythril refreshes (80 planned, about 6 in right now)

Cloud has Bladeblitz and Drain Strike
Golbez in the back row has Quake and Meteor.

I'm on the third stage, first wave. Cloud gets hit by Jarring Strike and gets confused. No biggie. I queue up Quake on Golbez, whose castbar starts right after Cloud's

- Cloud autoattacks himself, ZANTETSUKEN PROCS. Cloud dies (LOL)
- Golbez' Quake goes off, kills off the wave.
- Wave 2/3, OH MY GOD A CACTUAR. But wait. Golbez has 0 Meteor 0 Quake remaining. RW is a non-damage RW (I just select the one at the top of the list to save as much time as possible starting the next stage) I really want to kill this Cactuar though for possible 4*.
- Use Golbez's SB, Paralyze sticks on Cactuar

k1YQWiwl.jpg

- Well this sucks. Wondering what to do. Golbez only melees for 300.
- WAIT. I JUST REALIZED WHAT THE RW WAS

GJFWJaDl.jpg

- YASSSSSS Golbez now melees for 2k like a boss from the back row

Q3j0xOsl.jpg

- TAKE THAT YOU FILTHY CACTUAR
- Golbez proceeds to solo wave 3 meleeing from the back row with a rod.
- Cactuar dropped 4* Summon orb

I'm now laughing too hard to continue grinding. Gonna take a break.

greyshark

Got OWA and Selphie's rod with my lucky pull - nice! Can actually put something other than a RS knife on Sephiroth now.

Wazzy

Banned
Yeh, it's a little confusing since when you pop his MC2 it literally says "unlocked"

But if you go to the RM list, you get this

wXeoP8bl.jpg

Not joking, not salty, but I really, REALLY want to pull 0 5*s for Phase 4 now. We should celebrate if that happens.
You ain't thinking straight Falk! You should want a 5* D:

Okay it will be pretty great if you literally manage to get four shitty draws

Falk

that puzzling face
I wouldn't mind that. It'd still be a hilarious story.

Going something like 5/11 would make it 5/44 and completely average, without diving deep into telling the entire story.

And humor that you have to dive deep into is bad humor.

Nohar

Got Healing Grimoire (already got SG, so big "meh") and Fran's Bow (she can't use Full Break, but at least now I have a good ranged weapon usable by many). Also got a 4* Gravity rod: I have a 4*++ one now.

Also got two 3* Thunder Staff (FFXII). Yeaaaaaaaaaah for staves!

Falk

that puzzling face
That's what Negator just said.

Although I just realized it's supposed to be 11 out of 11 since it's an 11 pull.

I WAS CONNED INTO FAULTY HUMOR

how did i get two diamond pins and two ras algethi!? guh. shouldn't complain. huff.
how's the cloud mega battle? i haven't been doing the bonus battles in quite some time so i'm a little rusty.

Falk

that puzzling face
That's by far the best Diaga staff in the game right now.

U dum

For comparison: Prayer of the Cetra, the go-to DPS RM for superbosses where you don't bother with Concentration II, gives bonus 10% Holy Damage. Equipping Healing Staff (V) gives bonus 20% Holy Damage. (lolol) On top of a pretty ridiculous MND stat.

edit: I AM THE ELEMENTAL LORD

pFFwWR0l.jpg

One good use of the cactaur summon is that since if always does 1000 x3 one can stick it on any crappy low level character with access to summon 4 and have them deal solid damage while they're leveling. This is only really useful in this event from what I've seen lol

Nohar

Well, all summoners are also able to cast white or black magic. We have countless good Black magic spells, and Diaga (4 uses right off the bat). Unless one has no decent Rod or Staff, Cactuar is utterly useless.

Falk

that puzzling face
Cactuar strikes me as in the same boat as the almost-5* sword you get further on in the daily login. Really nice for newcomers. And so kitsch that you'd feel bad trashing it because of the novelty.

Well, all summoners are also able to cast white or black magic. We have countless good Black magic spells, and Diaga (4 uses right off the bat). Unless one has no decent Rod or Staff, Cactuar is utterly useless.

Not useless on Summoner proper who can only use b2 <___<

I pulled a dud last night (well, five 4&#9733; is not bad, I guess).

Can't complain though, even without a fabled multi 5&#9733; pull, Binding Rod and Sentinel's Grimoire are top shelf.

Some quick boss notes for the next dungeon update:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/3q4q5k/preview_du12_bosses_quick_notes/
Not trilled to see those FFX bosses so soon after their event (well Sanctuary Keeper was the only really bad one) but this thing in the FFIV dungeon is worth noting:
Ogopogo begins the fight by casting Deluge twice.
Do any other FF games do "boss starts with unavoidable AoE damage" gimmick? Wonder if there is trash rounds before this one though...

Nohar

Some quick boss notes for the next dungeon update:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/3q4q5k/preview_du12_bosses_quick_notes/
Not trilled to see those FFX bosses so soon after their event (well Sanctuary Keeper was the only really bad one) but this thing in the FFIV dungeon is worth noting:

Do any other FF games do "boss starts with unavoidable AoE damage" gimmick? Wonder if there is trash rounds before this one though...

There are a couple, though one in particular comes to my mind: Mysterious Girl (
Maenad
) from Final Fantasy IV: The After Years.

Remember Dark Bahamut who opens with Mega Flare? Well, Mysterious Girl, in her final battle, opens with Meteor. And guess who is fighting alongside her?
Bahamut
. Oh, and her AI is scripted to cast Black Hole (which removes all buffs on the battlefield) right before her "pet" uses his devastating attack.
Once that one is released, we are going to have a very fun fight on our hands.

MrDaravon

Spent a bit of time last night messing around with upgrading/combining gear, playing some more and reading around a bit, feel like I have a much better grasp on things (still zero clue how to augment or what that does really). For sure seeing people through around some terms and strats I don't understand yet, but I can tell I'm not at a point yet where any of that matters.

I was wondering about the daily/event phases though; I know everyone is all about getting orbs right now, but you can only get the First Time/Mastery rewards on the daily orb dungeons as well as the current orb event (per phase) right? So is it just that the enemy drops themselves are worth it enough to keep running it even though you're not getting any "completion" bonuses?

Jyrii

Banned
Funny that gamematome states that Jenova Life is vulnerable to earth dmg, but really is not.

But Quake was still best spell for me, as it did over 9K dmg and could be casted even when reflect was up.

Balphon

I was wondering about the daily/event phases though; I know everyone is all about getting orbs right now, but you can only get the First Time/Mastery rewards on the daily orb dungeons as well as the current orb event (per phase) right? So is it just that the enemy drops themselves are worth it enough to keep running it even though you're not getting any "completion" bonuses?

Pretty much, yeah. The dailies are generally the most reliable sources of what they offer. The current event is basically three dailies smashed together with more high-level orbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom