• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

Yeah I haven't started refreshing yet but I swear I'm drowning in both 4* and 5* orbs. I haven't been keeping track of which specifically, but I noted all of my orb counts going into orbfest so I'll just do a tally after.

Yeah I got 12 from 5 refreshes and natural restoring stamina. Stopped counting after that and have done 5 more refreshes.

I'd like to try out highly honed Thief's Revenge and maybe Sky Grinder.

Yea I am thinking hard about it right now, I want to pull a few times for Locke's SSB and I would love to give him Thief's Revenge with good hones. The SSB is not a guarantee, but investing a part of my Mythrils during this fest would at least help a lot on some abilities like that one.

- 50 Mythril -is- a shit ton of refreshes, vs one pull, which on completely average luck would be 11 x 13% or 1.41 5*s, and about half an SSB. If you're rocking 300+ Mythril, it's very worthy of consideration. 100? Maybe not so much.

Each orbfest set is what, four days? Four sets four days each for 16 days? 3-4 refreshes per day seems pretty minimal to me frankly, I did way way more than that the last two orb Fests and considering what it will do for your party long term as well as the free mythril dena is doling out in addition to the mythril from completing the dungeons, just a no brainer for me, or it was when I needed orbs and levels. Considering a team level 50+ can auto battle, the time investment is minimal.

Kaiterra

Banned
The only reason I don't do mythril refreshes during orbfest anymore is that doing it last time got so mind numbingly boring I wanted to quit the game forever.

Inbachi

Neo Member
I'll probably do some refreshes during the 2nd phase. I have about 490 mythril but I'm not much of a relic chaser. I usually just do a 3-pull every now and then. I realize it's a better deal to do the 10 pull for that 1 freebie but I'd rather just do a 3 and have mythril left for refreshes or whatever.

Everything in the Announcement is brand new:

MC1:
Edward, Ingus, Firion

MC2:
Locke, Bartz, Gilgamesh, Vivi, Aerith, Lulu, Vanille, Hope, Tifa

Ah ok, thank you. It's hard (for me) to keep up sometimes.

hesho

i probably don't value refreshes that much because all my chars are 7x that have their mc2 and the ones are not are either lvl 50 (no mc) or 63-65 (i purposely do this so they gain xp during synergy). As for orbs... i.... i am too much of a hoarder to actually craft/hone anything. I have over 1k of each 3* orb (except summon, at 765) to give an example. Ah well, to each their own /ok.

Just remember this, ppl using a tonne of refreshes, watch out for getting burned out.

MrDaravon

i probably don't value refreshes that much because all my chars are 7x that have their mc2 and the ones are not are either lvl 50 (no mc) or 63-65 (i purposely do this so they gain xp during synergy). As for orbs... i.... i am too much of a hoarder to actually craft/hone anything. I have over 1k of each 3* orb (except summon, at 765) to give an example. Ah well, to each their own /ok.

Just remember this, ppl using a tonne of refreshes, watch out for getting burned out.

I'm planning on doing refreshes while watching twitch streams etc like Final Round 19 this weekend, doing battles in-between matches should keep it from being too soul-crushingly boring.

Edit: Fuck, Vivi just hit 65, gotta find someone else to spam Ruinga lol. Does anyone know offhand what the magic stat threshold is to kill the enemies in orbfest with one Ruinga? I want to say for the Sundaily it's something like 294, but those enemies are harder than these.

Jarekx

I'm planning on doing refreshes while watching twitch streams etc like Final Round 19 this weekend, doing battles in-between matches should keep it from being too soul-crushingly boring.

Edit: Fuck, Vivi just hit 65, gotta find someone else to spam Ruinga lol. Does anyone know offhand what the magic stat threshold is to kill the enemies in orbfest with one Ruinga? I want to say for the Sundaily it's something like 294, but those enemies are harder than these.

My man. I was planning the same thing.

Noi

My Fusoya and Maria were one-shotting the Plus mobs with ruinga/quake at level 40 with a 5 star rod, a mag accessory and i cant remember if they had mage armor. It doesn't take much.

MrDaravon

My man. I was planning the same thing.

^5

Off this weekend and everything, and Monday is my wedding anniversary. Gonna be a good time :D

My Fusoya and Maria were one-shotting the Plus mobs with ruinga/quake at level 40 with a 5 star rod, a mag accessory and i cant remember if they had mage armor. It doesn't take much.

Rad, good to know. I threw Rydia in there since I already had her at 50/65 (Honestly no idea if I have her MC2 or if it even exists yet). I should have a couple more BM's at 50 I can throw in, but I know I'm going to run out of level 50 BMs before Orbfest is over, and I don't want to have to over-egg people to get them able to one-hit kill with Ruinga. I'm already currently only egging people up to 30 instead of 35ish like I usually do for Sundailies because since I've only been playing for a few months I don't have huge egg stashes and I think I might start to actually legitimately run low on eggs if I go in hard on Orbfest like I'm planning to lol. Want to try to hold onto at least my 4* and 5* eggs as much as possible for normal Sundaily egging purposes or once I hit endgame and I need to level people from 50 to 65 immediately for events etc.

ccbfan

That's where the NCAA Tournament comes in.

Orbfest is pretty much completely brainless for me.

A 50+ level black mage that can use ruinaga (I have a natural 5* rod) with Mana spring. Set Ruinaga to right skill slot. Fill right skill slot of under 50 level characters with high hone and quick performing skills.

Press right skill slot area repeatedly while I enjoy NCAA games.

My basic party is pretty much.

Ruinaga spamer that needs exp.
Random 50+ non black mage character that has 2x exp. (Usually someone that have lev 2 break)
3x lv 25-50 leacher for mainly getting RMs.

WarAdept

This orbfest is nice to level all your black mages. Extra nice because the first abyss is the black magic abyss.

I literally just ran out of Ruinga spammers to level to 65. I guess I have to get Terra/Rinoa/Red XIII to 80 now.

Probably go Kick/Fire Blossom spammers next or something.

Dragner

I literally just ran out of Ruinga spammers to level to 65. I guess I have to get Terra/Rinoa/Red XIII to 80 now.

Probably go Kick/Fire Blossom spammers next or something.

Yeah I have Terra 80, Rinoa 65, Ridia 65 and Exdeath 65. Using Garnet now spamming summons since I have relic for her.

MicH

I've only gotten three Gigantuars so far with no refreshes. I'll probably throw a few mythril at phase 2 and 3 (desperately need major earth) but that'll probably be it

Kain

I'm using this orbfest to level up all my BMs, as I only had Vivi with respectable levels. Also Lunneth with his awesome Advance sword will be a good asset I think.

My idea is to have Rinoa (need her MC first, just a couple more days...), Terra, Tyro (I consider him a BM with extra utility) and maybe Ex Death or Golbez, I haven't decided yet.

Also I hope by the end of it I have enough orbs for Full Break, I'm a loser that still doesn't have it.

Dragner

My idea is to have Rinoa (need her MC first, just a couple more days...), Terra, Tyro (I consider him a BM with extra utility) and maybe Ex Death or Golbez, I haven't decided yet.

If you are planning on doing the black magic abyss dungeon I would level Exdeath over Golbez because you can use him as white mage, with tyro as support.

Grzi

Have you guys thought about setting up a Whatsapp group chat for us? I mean, we're a community based around a mobile game, it could provide us with a place for quick fun discussions so we don't need to check the thread or Reddit for everything.

Just a thought, if enough people are interested I could set it up.

Kain

If you are planning on doing the black magic abyss dungeon I would level Exdeath over Golbez because you can use him as white mage, with tyro as support.

Mmmm I read that ExDeath has shit stats and equipment options, but it is useful to have a mix of BM and WM other than Tyro (who then can go full support). Golbez seems more oriented to absorb and protect while hitting for moderate damage. I might try to level them both, but I'll start with ED, thanks.

Dragner

Mmmm I read that ExDeath has shit stats and equipment options, but it is useful to have a mix of BM and WM other than Tyro (who then can go full support). Golbez seems more oriented to absorb and protect while hitting for moderate damage. I might try to level them both, but I'll start with ED, thanks.

Another option could be Fusoya. He is worth the leveling for his RMs anyway.

greyshark

I'm kind of torn over how much to refresh vs how much to save for relic pulls. I'm not as hyped as I thought I'd be for the SSB banners now that I've seen them, and I feel like my hones are pretty good since I've been able to clear all the Ultimates so far.

My team is in the middle of converting from mage meta to more physical oriented since that seems to be the future trend - this would make me lean towards relic pulls since most of my gear is for mages. I just really hate no 5* 11 pulls which I've had way too many of. I like the "guarantee" of more orbs through refreshing. Maybe I have made up my mind :)

I was also just going to begin hoarding mythril for the future (maybe do one 11 pull on Tactics), but I think during phase two of this orb fest I'll burn some on refreshes. It's not like we'll never see one of these again, but phase 2 with the wind and power orbs seems like a no brainer. I just don't know how much mythril I should go through.

I was about to complain about how all my Gigantuars just drop Major Dark Orbs, but then I just got a MBO

I'm doing some refreshes but I'm also doing other things while I'm refreshing so the burn out doesn't really affect me.

elty

If the rate hold the same then it is 4% for any SSB. (1% each SSB, 2% each regular relic) So on average you won't even get one for 100 mythril. So unless you have enough orb to hone all the 5 star ability to rank 3 i think stamina refresh is still worthy.

I was about to complain about how all my Gigantuars just drop Major Dark Orbs, but then I just got a MBO

I'm doing some refreshes but I'm also doing other things while I'm refreshing so the burn out doesn't really affect me.

If it makes you feel any better, MDO have become my most valuable orb drops, since so many powerful future skills use them. I had that same luck during the first orbfest, and was really frustrated since I wanted to R1 Meteor. But it turns out it was a blessing in disguise.

Great MDO Abilities:
Bahamut
Thief's Revenge
Break Fever
Dark Zone

Dragner

So FFII Ultimate fight is 3 bosses at the same time. Time of Laguna SSB to shine?, also they are soft to blind so bringing a Machinist sounds like a good idea.

Also Free Arise...I mean...3 MHO and 3MWO

Balphon

So FFII Ultimate fight is 3 bosses at the same time. Time of Laguna SSB to shine?, also they are soft to blind so bringing a Machinist sounds like a good idea.

He'd be ideal if you're going to hone blind shell since blind is a medal requirement, but any AoE slow SB (Laguna, Locke, Rinoa, Thancred, Yuffie) would be very helpful since two of them are vulnerable to it.

Dragner

Yeah I have Laguna SSB and Zack Gloves...I should be good here even if I have 0 synergy for FFII. I dont want to be honing Samurai habilities (I dont like them).

Noi

This phase has been really good to me.

xeF7P9Q.png

I almost feel like I could craft and hone Bahamut to R3 already, with the only thing holding me back being Summon Orbs.

Credo

I'm not quite sure who to unlock from the Hall of Rites. The ones I haven't unlocked yet are Firion, Ingus, Fusoya, Bartz, Locke, Aerith, Squall, Y'shtola, and Thancred.

Are there any of those that I listed who are "top-tier" or clearly better than the others?

Falk

that puzzling face
Bartz and Squall are decent just by virtue of being protagonist. You might want to save one or two in case you roll someone's signature weapons though.

Noi

I'm gonna do one or two pulls on FFII banner 1, but that's it. As good as the relics themselves are, DeNa doesn't love FFII enough to warrant investing in the characters a lot.

c-murph

So, I'm thinking...

Souls - Locke, Rikku, (Save?)
MC1L - Locke, Rikku, Lightning
MC2L - Cloud, Tyro, (Locke/Lightning/Tifa?)

Any reason I should choose Lightning or Tifa over Locke, Cloud, Tyro?
Locke is one of my favorite characters. So, leaning in that direction. I figure Tyro and Cloud are like the face of this game.

Yuffie, Rikku and Paine are my other favorites but none of them have MC2. (I seem to be playing by favorite rather than strategy)

Dragner

I'm gonna do one or two pulls on FFII banner 1, but that's it. As good as the relics themselves are, DeNa doesn't love FFII enough to warrant investing in the characters a lot.

I would recommend strongly against that. Relics are good but...

-Minwu is a top tier heal thats right.
-Firion SSB is outclassed by both Auron and Shadow in the next month.
-Shield is nice but Agrias shield is 2 banners away and its a direct upgrade on a top tier char.
-Josef SB is...a Josef SB.
-Hand of the emperor is nice but we are getting near the next FF12 event when theres a HOTE clone for a better character and its on one of the best banners after tactics.
-Japan has yet to get another FFII event.

In the end you are pulling for a 1% on a strong relic that will stay relevant...all other will be outclassed in the next events, if you like FF2 characters go for it the banner is still strong, just not as strong as the ones that are coming in the near future.

In the end is your mythril and you spend it like you want but there are lots of great banners near. (SSB Fest, Relm, Basch, Vincent, ...).

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah, I'd say the FFII banner is good more due to power creep, rather than being a standout local maximum point-of-inflection.

Noi

I would recommend strongly against that. Relics are good but...

In the end you are pulling for a 1% on a strong relic that will stay relevant...all other will be outclassed in the next events, if you like FF2 characters go for it the banner is still strong, just not as strong as the ones that are coming in the near future.

In the end is your mythril and you spend it like you want but there are lots of great banners near. (SSB Fest, Relm, Basch, Vincent, ...).

Right, I agree with you on everything. That's why I'm only doing one or two single pulls on the banner and moving on. :)

If I'd never dared to even single pull, I wouldn't have half of the great relics I have now.

Razmos

My FF2 Gaia Sword will finally get some use.
Edit: oh, I have a Ruby Cuirass too (which I got from a daily draw) and a 5+ star Wing Blade

MrDaravon

Does anyone here use an Android emulator on PC to play at all? My tablet's having some weird issues and I think I'm going to need to do a factory reset, since I'm signed in with my Google account I shouldn't need to do any sort of manual save uploading or anything right, it's all automatically backed-up in realtime? I'm super paranoid, thinking about downloading an android emulator first and booting it up on there just to make sure before I do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom