• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any consensus on which MC2s to get from the Hall of Rites based solely on the characters and their new RMs?

I haven't thought about it too much, but I'd guess Gilgamesh since he's great for retameta and at least one of the 5* black mages to help prep for the first Nightmare dungeon.

Obviously, going to hold off and base my picks on SSBfest draws but I'm curious who's the cream of the crop to grab after that.

Also, do we know how long until we'll get enough MC2 lodes to get all the available MC2s? (assuming you've picked up all previous MC2s that were available)
Nightmare dungeons never go away permanently but they do remain closed for most of the month so with that in mind going for someone so you can beat the ultimate nightmare isn't really a priority as you can wait as long as you like. But if it is things like "all my other AoE is capped except core black mage and magus" breaking the cap on a black mage is a tempting idea but 11th April starts the FFVI event which bonus battles give Celes and Strago MC2 (plus Relm who can Summon 4) and after that is FFVII giving Vincent and Reno MC2.

Also starting from the Vincent event the events get even shorter. 5 dungeons classic/part 1, 5 dungeons elite/part 2.

As for how long until you can catch up on MC2...each set of nightmare dungeons has hero soul, MC1, MC2 and 6* accessory (you can do those in any order, i.e. this month head straight for the MC2 if you're adamant about orb farming) so that is 1 a month but blank MC2 from events are fairly infrequent, actually. We have FFX-2 in one events time, FFVIII is the next one and that has a 4 event gap from FFX-2. After FFVIII is a 3 event gap.

Also some of those events will be adding MC2s to the hall of rites instead of giving out MC2 (FFX-2 is doing this with Auron). In a general note the hall of rites can be sluggish to add characters and MC1 which probably thwarts my plans somewhat of go on holiday come back and immediately catch up on characters missed.

Much like Falk blank MC2 are probably the new growth egg where I keep them in case I need to use them :(

As for the RMs:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/4aqdmq/discussion_new_rm_from_hall_of_rites/
Locke and Bartz seem like the best to me (former if you have many realms where your best RS weapon is a Knife) but I don't know if those are characters I'd really use now. Gilgamesh is seems like a shoe-in for me due to brilliant equipment selection, shame his RM is pretty bad (Knight Spring? what year is this?).

Pejo

IMO these ones are all solid.

Mako Might / Dr. Mog Teaching (Cloud/Tyro RM3) - Instant SB charge when starting a dungeon. Really handy for Ultimate battles so you can Wall up straight away.

Summoning Spring II / Mana Spring II (Black Mage/Summoner RM2) - Makes clearing those lengthy elite dungeons much less hassle when you can spam Ruinga/Valeduin on trash waves.

Blood of the Espers (Terra RM3) - Started using this recently, really nice damage boost when it procs.

Dark Cecil RM3 - (can't remember what its called), 20% extra damage with swords which is great as Swords are probably the most common melee weapon type.

Thanks!

It looks like I missed both Tyro and Cloud's RM2 events, so I guess I'll have to wait til I get my freebies. I have the blm/summoner ones, so I'm good there. And I usually lean physical attack heavy parties so that Dark Cecil RM3 sounds right up my alley. Looks like I have my RM3 plan in place for when we get our free crystals.

Noi

100 stamina later, finally.

FhdKnkol.jpeg

If anyone else is missing this RM (which I needed to get the Doublecast summon one), I suggest going for it now while we have a 6 stamina dungeon in the IX event, cause otherwise the lowest stamina per dungeon available to farm it is 43 and/or waiting for the next IX event.

MicH

Yeah, realm specific RM drops are the worst. I wasted so much stamina trying to get Josef's RM2. Thankfully, for those who still need to get it, the upcoming FFII event should make it easier

Balphon

Is there any consensus on which MC2s to get from the Hall of Rites based solely on the characters and their new RMs?

I haven't thought about it too much, but I'd guess Gilgamesh since he's great for retameta and at least one of the 5* black mages to help prep for the first Nightmare dungeon.

Obviously, going to hold off and base my picks on SSBfest draws but I'm curious who's the cream of the crop to grab after that.

Also, do we know how long until we'll get enough MC2 lodes to get all the available MC2s? (assuming you've picked up all previous MC2s that were available)

Depends on what SBs you might have, but Bartz, Gilagamesh, Vivi, and Locke are probably the most broadly useful of the new rites MC2s.

Yeah, realm specific RM drops are the worst. I wasted so much stamina trying to get Josef's RM2. Thankfully, for those who still need to get it, the upcoming FFII event should make it easier

You would think that, but I used Squal in every fight of the recent FF8 event and still didn't get his RM2 to drop. I also cleared a bunch of elite paintings afterwards and still nothing.

I still don't have Josef's RM2 and I've been playing every day since day 1.

DejectedAngel

Neo Member
Nearly enough orbs for R2 Thief Raid (now known as Thief's Revenge)!

Real question is though; is it worth continuing to farm to shoot for R3? Probablly, considering that Full Break also requires LIT orbs and I haven't R2'd it yet :/

Is it Full Break worth the R2? Is Bahamut worth anything since I have all of these GSO's hanging around.

MicH

Full Break R2 is amazing. Definitely one of the best skills to hone to R2

You would think that, but I used Squal in every fight of the recent FF8 event and still didn't get his RM2 to drop. I also cleared a bunch of elite paintings afterwards and still nothing.

I still don't have Josef's RM2 and I've been playing every day since day 1.
But it's easier to grind for in events since the first few dungeons are easy on the stamina. As pointed out earlier in the thread the cheapest FFIX dungeon outside of this event is 43 stamina. That's not very efficient for farming RMs

Full break r2 definitely. Bahamut, well I'll be getting r3 as soon as the summons orb phase begins. Bahamut is a long play and you're giving up lesser summons that you can more easily hone for it. I have the three 3*s maxed as well as valefor, so I chose Bahamut over the other 4* summons, knowing how powerful it will be when it gets updated to double hit. R4 seems like a complete pipe dream though.

Nearly enough orbs for R2 Theif Raid (now known as Theif's Revenge)!

Real question is though; is it worth continuing to farm to shoot for R3? Probablly, considering that Full Break also requires LIT orbs and I haven't R2'd it yet :/

Is it Full Break worth the R2? Is Bahamut worth anything since I have all of these GSO's hanging around.

Full Break is magical, and as long as you're bringing a 5* support, it's pretty much a no-brainer. Even on multi-target bosses, it can still come quite in useful (though Break Fever will obviously edge it out in these scenarios, once it arrives). It also makes the 3* Break skills more relevant, since stacking them with Full Break will result in a stronger debuff than a standalone Breakdown skill. This makes filling in ability slots for characters with limited skillsets much easier.

MicH

I'm done honing Full Break (R2) and Meteor (R3) so I'll probably work on Saint Cross next if I get a good relic for a knight. Otherwise I'll probably only work on Full Charge

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm conflicted about refreshing for Orbfest:

Since previous orbfest:

- Orb reward per stamina has gone up (yay minicactuar)
- Stam per refresh has gone up, and now overflows on a myth refresh.

On the other hand
- Orb rewards from events have gotten way more generous (meaning X amount of Mythril spent results in a number of orbs that's comparable to a smaller equivalent number of event rewards)
- SSBs make the average myth spent on pulls give a higher return. Especially SSBFest.
- My gear at this point honestly kinda sucks (don't mention the trinity pieces I have)

Instead of outright splurging I might just spend enough Mythril to cap XP, since XP + Gil (lol) + Orbs is worth it for the stamina. Orbs alone probably aren't in my case.

100 stamina later, finally.

FhdKnkol.jpeg

If anyone else is missing this RM (which I needed to get the Doublecast summon one), I suggest going for it now while we have a 6 stamina dungeon in the IX event, cause otherwise the lowest stamina per dungeon available to farm it is 43 and/or waiting for the next IX event.

Does this affect how auto attack plays out?

Kain

I got that RM in a classic FFIX dungeon yesterday when I had nothing else to do lol

In one single dungeon, no retries lololol

Razmos

Speaking of, I'm really liking Selphie's Flower of Trabia RM. Auto-Dia is great for mages, especially when farming dungeons like this

ccbfan

What are everyone's tactic for orb fest.

I'm probably gonna spend

10 myths on phase 1 (Need Dark)
As Much as Possible on phase 2 (Need everything)
10 myths on phase 3 (Need Holy)
As Much as Possible for phase 4 (Need Summon and Ice)

Probably end up spending like 100 myths.

Too bad all the banners are after orb fest, don't really know how much myth I need there since my goal is 2 physical SSB and remaining myth (No more than 200) on Tactics just cause the banner is so good (Don't necessarily need Scream since I have Vanille Medica and SG but it would be nice since I can use a Heavy Regen Medica for RW instead of scream).

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah, that's what I meant. Thought it was a duplicate of his RM.

Guess that didn't quite make sense for a RM3 tho!

It only took me one round to get the healer RM. I like it, but it's really weak.

I've been spending this orb fest leveling people up. The EXP RM is so badass when it activates. My only issue is that I can only so solo runs with characters that can equip Ruinga or Manduin. Any advice for solo-ing with physical attackers?

Falk

that puzzling face
If you don't need Gil, you could put any 5* ability which more or less will one-shot in an aoe - Samurai and Dragoon both have this now. Friend summon the other two, quit out.

While a greater XP/stam gain, It's a much more significant time investment than just doing it with a larger party, and I don't think there's any solid consensus if the three stages within the dungeon give different ratios of orb flavors in total (I'm aware of the minicactuar pack not giving a certain type of 3* but giving 4* of that type - last I checked the almost-consensus is it worked out to the same with conversion taken into account) so running only the first stage over and over might or might not affect the types of orbs you get in total.

I'm probably gonna spend

To be lazy on the maths I was thinking 10/20/10/10 (earlier I was thinking 6/26/6/6/6 but having all the power is no good if you're short other things plus upgrade materials?). I'm keen to spend 50 because that is what I got by luck via the download celebration contest.

I'm conflicted regarding how to play due to this though:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe..._cactuars_part_1_no_3_black_part_2_no_3_dark/
I'm tempted to just screw the odds and just do full clears like I normally do but less black orbs would be nice.
edit: Oh Falk just mentioned this little topic too :p

I've been spending this orb fest leveling people up. The EXP RM is so badass when it activates. My only issue is that I can only so solo runs with characters that can equip Ruinga or Manduin. Any advice for solo-ing with physical attackers?
I heard of someone using Jehct with Kick and erm...whatever that ignores defence monk ability is so that is a fairly low cost way to do it for Monks to manage solo runs.

Xetherion

I'm probably gonna spend

Too bad all the banners are after orb fest, don't really know how much myth I need there since my goal is 2 physical SSB and remaining myth (No more than 200) on Tactics just cause the banner is so good (Don't necessarily need Scream since I have Vanille Medica and SG but it would be nice since I can use a Heavy Regen Medica for RW instead of scream).

I'm not spending any myth on orbfest except maaaaaaaaaaaybe phase 2. But i'm a Week 1 player with good hones so YMMV. Only reason i'm considering phase 2 is because i foolishly honed Full Break to r3 (regret this big time, learn from my mistake and don't do it!), so now i'm low on MPO/GPO.

DejectedAngel

Neo Member
I've pretty much decided on my MC2s:

Locke - I'm already devoted to Thieves Revenge, and he is the only one with a high enough SPD stat to get the full five hits for a while. When Yuffie's MC2 comes out I'll switch to her, but for now our favorite treasure hunter is a part of my A-Team, SSB or no.

Gilgamesh - Have his katana (Death Claw), and his utility is absurd!

Aerith - Dragon Force is pretty handy; can run her as a Summoner in AoE fights to good effect.

Bartz + Gilgamesh for me i think. Then probably Aeris although Locke isn't a bad shout.
Had a few Gigantaurs today...all Major Dark Orbs ofcourse! Leon, Maria and Ricard are nearing 65 ready for the event.

Dragner

Well my first 3 will be Cloud,Tyro and whatever I have a good relic for at the end of festival. If I fail then Ill use it on Tidus for Ace Striker.

MicH

I have relics for a few of the new MC2 characters - Aerith (PP), Gilgamesh (Kotetsu), Vivi (Cypress Pile), Vanille (Binding Rod), Tifa (all three except SSB) definitely getting Bartz and Gilgamesh. The last one I don't know yet

DejectedAngel

Neo Member
I have relics for a few of the new MC2 characters - Aerith (PP), Gilgamesh (Kotetsu), Vivi (Cypress Pile), Vanille (Binding Rod), Tifa (all three except SSB) definitely getting Bartz and Gilgamesh. The last one I don't know yet

Don't forget we get a 4th from the Abyss dungeons (I did apparently)

Inbachi

Neo Member
If I already have every character and memory crystal released thus far, what should I be grabbing from the Hall of Rites? Is there anything available that's brand new?

MicH

If I already have every character and memory crystal released thus far, what should I be grabbing from the Hall of Rites? Is there anything available that's brand new?
Everything in the Announcement is brand new:

MC1:
Edward, Ingus, Firion

MC2:
Locke, Bartz, Gilgamesh, Vivi, Aerith, Lulu, Vanille, Hope, Tifa

hesho

i am really surprised ppl are using mythril refreshes during this orb fest. Mythril is so precious with all the upcoming banners, i ain't refreshing at all (besides my stamina shard refresh which i plan to use in phase 2). Do ppl have that many mythril? I personally have 480 and i am planning my mythril pulls accordingly.

Falk

that puzzling face
It's all on the relative value of orbs vs relics.

Like I said, right now on my end, XP + orbs is worth it, orbs alone isn't.

Also, remember you aren't guaranteed amazing upgrades for SSBFest. Potential is there, and a lot of people sell short items they get other than the ones they wanted but it's always more of a calculated risk than a straight up transaction.

hesho

It's all on the relative value of orbs vs relics.

Like I said, right now on my end, XP + orbs is worth it, orbs alone isn't.

Also, remember you aren't guaranteed amazing upgrades for SSBFest. Potential is there, and a lot of people sell short items they get other than the ones they wanted but it's always more of a calculated risk than a straight up transaction.

Oh that's true. I am not expecting to get anything from pulling to be honest. I just more just hoping for the best. I find the more an item is wanted, the less likely you will get it.

While i am more doing the orb fest for xp, i am working on getting all my chars to 7x now. I find for orbs... i just don't craft or hone anything so my orb count is high. Heck, i haven't even combined my orbs yet because i just haven't had the need to do it still. I still haven't made any 5* abilities yet either :/ Of course.. i am a day zero player so i have been around.

Noi

i am really surprised ppl are using mythril refreshes during this orb fest. Mythril is so precious with all the upcoming banners, i ain't refreshing at all (besides my stamina shard refresh which i plan to use in phase 2). Do ppl have that many mythril? I personally have 480 and i am planning my mythril pulls accordingly.

You can either drop 50 mythril on an x11 pull and get squat diddly or use those same 50 mytril on stamina refreshes and get a ton of orbs to use on your hones. It's all relative depending on what your current relic pull luck has been up to this point, and in some cases having better hones trumps getting a good soul break.

If you've had a couple 11 pulls with all three stars you value 50 mythril of refreshes a bit more. Worst case scenario 1 mythril, assuming max stamina= 48 3* orbs, 350k+ gold, and 600k exp. take that times 50 and your party will be completely overhauled in every way other than equipment. Quite a trade off for what would have likely been one character relic from the draw.

WarAdept

I have 600+ and already burnt 10 on this phase and will probably use more. Like people above said, the odds are heavily stacked against you when you draw for relics and the "safest" option for clearing high end content is highly honed abilities. Look at Reddit with multiple users doing Ultimate clears with no gatcha/cores only/no trinity, etc. They all have one thing in common: high hones.

My luck is terrible, I have odd relics. No wall and no SSB worth a damn. Hell even here on NeoGAF, you have people like Falk who lucked out so hard on the last lucky banners, he got 1/44 and Grzi who god knows how much Mithril he spent trying to get Fusion Sword.

In addition, high hones allow me to use characters most people wont use due to sticking with the character they've drawn their relics for. This current event, I'm still seeing the same culprits. Cloud, Gilgamesh, Lightning, Terra, Tyro, etc. That's boring to me. Choice is fun.

Falk

that puzzling face
If you've had a couple 11 pulls with all three stars you value 50 mythril of refreshes a bit more. Worst case scenario 1 mythril, assuming max stamina= 48 3* orbs, 350k+ gold, and 600k exp. take that times 50 and your party will be completely overhauled in every way other than equipment. Quite a trade off for what would have likely been one character relic from the draw.

That's still a slightly incorrect way to look at it though, other than a personal experience/reminder of the fact that 'shit happens'.

You're not always going to pull 11 3*s. But neither are you going to be guaranteed what you want after X number of Mythril. (This would be true even with rolling gacha, albeit the chances are much higher over a moderate sample size and the probability of bad streaks approach 0)

If anything, you'd weigh what 50 Mythril of refreshes nets you vs a completely average pull, because that's what your luck would (should) eventually gravitate towards as your sample size grows bigger and bigger, so despite it not being a guarantee it's still the most mathematically and logically sound way. All past rolls have absolutely no bearing on your luck going forward, unless you're superstitious, in which case stay far away from gacha or gambling.

The two things to consider, of course, are that:
- You want a backup plan should you have abysmal luck (I had hones out of the wazoo despite 1/44, or I'd have had a much harder time)
- 50 Mythril -is- a shit ton of refreshes, vs one pull, which on completely average luck would be 11 x 13% or 1.41 5*s, and about half an SSB. If you're rocking 300+ Mythril, it's very worthy of consideration. 100? Maybe not so much.

MrDaravon

Yeah, I've turned the corner as well in terms of being willing to spend mythril for refreshes. If it was for JUST orbs probably not, bu the orbs + XP is great. I have a million characters at level 1, and my endgame hones are lacking and barely getting me through most of the endgame stuff right now if that (Full Break r1 etc). I don't think I'm gonna go super nuts with it, but I figure I'll probably budget 50 or so mythril on refreshes which seems reasonable to me. I can mentally make the tradeoff of sacrificing one 11-pull in which has no guarantee of getting anything good at all for 50 full stamina refreshes worth of extra XP and orbs.

If you don't have a ton of mythril and/or are a newer player it might not be worth it though. I'm gonna wind up with about 370 mythril give or take by the time banner 5 hits so in my case I can budget out that 50 mythril for refreshes, but if I only had like 100 or 150 I might not.

EDIT: GOD DAMN IT FALK

Also I do like this breakdown:

50 mythril is still a lot of mythril relatively speaking and especially for newer players or people who aren't sitting on a bunch, but if you have even a moderate amount of stamina (let's say like 120+ or whatever) 50 refreshes is a shitload of extra runs.

I can see myself doing thirty to fifty refreshes this time.

Although I'm losing my patience with this dungeon, I'm getting like 70% Lightning Orbs when I REALLY need Black and Dark.

WarAdept

I've gotten heaps of Gigantaurs (12+) this Orbfest, and most of them have been dropping MLO, which I want.

Best Orbfest? Best orbfest. Let's hope it continues on with MPO and MWO next phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom