• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I primarily play on my PC using Genymotion because the game is slow as hell on my phone. Other software that I've seen people on reddit mention that they use are Droid4x, Nox App Player, and Bluestacks, but I can't speak to any of those other than that I get the impression that Bluestacks might run faster than the others but has some compatibility issues to work around. I might be wrong, however, as I haven't paid any of it much attention after getting my own setup working.

MrDaravon

Yeah, I downloaded Andy and have it installing right now; I looked around and saw this one as well as all of the ones you mentioned have people both speak positively and negatively about them lol.

I'm just super paranoid as fuck about losing my save even though the internet tells me on Android it's a non-issue with your google account. If I can boot my save up on an emulator that way I know I'll be good or have something to work from in case something goes wrong.

Edit: Success! Playing this on PC now is super fucking weird lol. Gonna go ahead and wipe my tablet to try to fix it's issues; it's a cheap tablet with very little internal memory. As far as I can tell what's happened is the internal memory has pretty much capped out which makes sense since all of a sudden RK has to sometimes redownload stuff, I think it's shuffling it's cache around. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but the problem is because it's a cheap tablet and the space is capped out any time I try to uninstall one of the very few things I have on this thing that's not RK or a required program it just hangs so I can't clear up space that way, and the cache is so big on this game (by a lot of accounts on reddit it's easy to get to over 1 gig) that it just hangs on trying to calculate it's cache space. So then I bought a 32 gig SD card, but the problem is that RK isn't movable directly to an SD card (at least on this device), and so I went to grab a program off the Play store that does that for you but there's so little room on the tablet I can't download them lol.

tl;dr - shit's fucked, hoping a clean wipe fixes it, then immediately I will download one of the app managers to make sure RK goes on the SD card to hopefully avoid this from happening again. Worse case I have access to the game on PC while I get things straightened out at least.

It even tells you in the game itself that it automatically links to your google account. Your save will be there after the reset, no question. As long as you're logged in the same google account you can fire it up on any android device and pick up where you've left off.

edit: Have you looked into any custom roms for your tablet? There might be a slim rom out there for it that uses less internal storage and maybe runs a little faster in case that play store app doesn't work out.

MrDaravon

It even tells you in the game itself that it automatically links to your google account. Your save will be there after the reset, no question. As long as you're logged in the same google account you can fire it up on any android device and pick up where you've left off.

Yeah I'm set up now at least temporarily while I try to get the tablet situated, I know I'm being overly paranoid (I re-read the in-game thing about this like 4 times) but I've got like 5 months of progress and real money in this thing lol. >_>

My FF2 Gaia Sword will finally get some use.
Edit: oh, I have a Ruby Cuirass too (which I got from a daily draw) and a 5+ star Wing Blade
For reference:
EqbmJxel.jpg
83E3DEAl.jpg

A year has been bad for shared SB weapons...

Just gonna bank on my hoard of nat 5 stars and high hones to nuke down the gigas trio without pulling on the ff2 banner was able to beat vossler with similar terrible xii synergy

Dragner

Im lucky to have some useful AOE SB, Im thinking on bringing something like this:

- Laguna 65, LifeSiphon R4, Blind Shell R4, Mako Might, Desperado
- Zidane 65, Armor Break R4, Tempo Flurry R4, Self-Sacrifice, Shift Break
- Cloud 80, Lifesiphon R4, Blizzara Strike R4, Dragoon's Determination, Fenrir Overdrive
- Tyro 65+, Full Break R2, Heathen Frolic R4, Sky Pirate's Pride, Celebration Grimoire
- Selphie 65, Curaja R4, Shellga R2, Dr. Mog Teachings, Dreamstage

other options are Sabin with AOE attack + Boostga with kick and Zack with spellblades and Air strike.

The plan is AOE slow at the beggining of the battle, then Rush Down the Fire Gigas while building SB gauge, then take over the Ice gigas crippling them with Shift Break and Heathen Frolic/fullbreak.

Finally rush down the lightning one with Fenrir Overdrive, lets see if it works.

Kain

Oh man, I did a nonsense yolo pull yesterday and I got Vivi's SSB! Now I have no reason not to use him in every Ultimate.

What do you guys prefer, Freya's dragon breath or doublecast decay? My id is 9pxo btw.

PS. My FFII synergy is non existent, so I'll have fun xD

MrDaravon

Welp, tablet appears to be dead, RIP. Not having any problem with Andyroid right now though so just playing on PC. RK was like 75% of my usage on the tablet so not even sure I'll bother replacing it anytime soon. I am super mad though that I didn't know android emulators were a thing before, otherwise I would have been playing this since day one :(

More on topic I am loving the XP from this event, and I've been having pretty good luck with 4* and 5* orb drops. Only burned 5 mythril so far, but I'm off the next few days so will be going in fairly hard on refreshes, particularly on the first two phases here.

Dragner

Ive refreshed 4 times on this phase.seems enough to me I wanted a bit more lightning but I have enough for Full break R2 anyway Ill get more eventually through events. Ill refresh 10 times or so for power phase and another 3-4 for ice.

Kouriozan

I was leveling a FF2 party for the upcoming event, no I'll focus on the first Abyss, I mean Nightmare dungeon.
Only got 1 Gigantuar without refresh.

Wortany

3 groups of mini cactuars on the same battle

lol

Best I have had now was 1 group of mini-cactuars and 2 times a cactuar. 154K Exp in one battle is amazing.

Do mini-cactuars / cactuar and gigantuar give different amounts experience?

Update: 1 cactuar, 2 mini-cactuar waves = 173K Exp. Okay, now I do want to see your 3 mini-cactuar wave happen as well.

Razmos

I had 3 Gigantuars in a row in an earlier orb fest, unfortunately it was before major orbs were guaranteed so I only got 1 :(

elty

I primarily play on my PC using Genymotion because the game is slow as hell on my phone. Other software that I've seen people on reddit mention that they use are Droid4x, Nox App Player, and Bluestacks, but I can't speak to any of those other than that I get the impression that Bluestacks might run faster than the others but has some compatibility issues to work around. I might be wrong, however, as I haven't paid any of it much attention after getting my own setup working.
The game crash on my genymotuon. How did you get it to work?

I am using Nexus 7 4.4.x. I installed gapps and other games work but FFRK always crash when start.

There's an old blog post where the guy tried it on 4.4.4 but it crashed on him each time, but 4.3 worked for him. I do occasionally get crashes on 4.3 - especially annoying when it happens at the end of a boss fight - but it hasn't been often enough for me to feel like doing anything about it.
edit: I just tried a Nexus 6P Android 6.0 for kicks and it also crashed on launch.

Falk

that puzzling face
You know what would be a useful RM

"Boosts chances of obtaining RNG RMs available to this character"

Except it's also going to be RNG obtain condition.

augajfjskdjfklasdjflaksdflk

Noi

Thought I'd do the gem and three single pulls.

Gem pull - 3* Mythril Vest VI
#1 - 3* Knight Armor III
#2 - 3* Ice Helm III

"I should prob save my mythril cause its all trash but... one more."

sVj1BQPl.jpg

2mZRytl.gif

This 100 gems pull brought me to 3/78 on pulling 5* with them (the 3 were very average shared SB). This is making me want to say fuck SSB fest and fuck FFT and splurge 400 Mythrils into the Orb Fest or something. At least I would be guaranteed a few well honed 5* abilities.

I'm pretty sure that I will end up just pulling because my past luck has no bearing on the next pulls and I want to believe (Hello Mulder!) but I don't expect to get anything I want. Oh well, at least I found a new easy source of revenue to pay for my 100 gems pull with money I get from another app.

Dragner

I was going to do my typical 100 gem pull but the payment was cancelled, I was like "wtf im broke", then I saw an announcement on my bank page about problems with credit card payments.

Well, thats a divine signal, not pulling here.

Oh FFS... Ace Pilot kicked in 7/9 on the first 3 classics of the event... It barely ever triggers during Orb Fest!

Edit: and once more at the start of the next fight...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This 100 gems pull brought me to 3/78 on pulling 5* with them (the 3 were very average shared SB). This is making me want to say fuck SSB fest and fuck FFT and splurge 400 Mythrils into the Orb Fest or something. At least I would be guaranteed a few well honed 5* abilities.

I'm pretty sure that I will end up just pulling because my past luck has no bearing on the next pulls and I want to believe (Hello Mulder!) but I don't expect to get anything I want. Oh well, at least I found a new easy source of revenue to pay for my 100 gems pull with money I get from another app.
What if the game purposefully flags accounts to never get any relics????

'Grats on thy Masamune! I invested a bit of mythril as i said:

100 Gem - 3*
3 Pull - 3x3*
3 Pull - 2x3*, Ice Gloves 5*

Will stop there - the armor is 'something' atleast and will be used for the Ultimate for extra bit of resistance versus the Ice Gigas. Good to have Firion broken finally, and Josef RM2 dropped whilst clearing classics too.

Czarcasm

100 gem = 4* FFV Axe

3000 Gems =
EmVczwil.png

Healing Staff, Golden Armour x2, Flame Shield

Only problem is that I have no space for Minwu at the moment, already using 2 White Mages. Y'shtola for Wall and Lenna for Flames of War.

One more step towards my final team setup.

Balphon

I've gotten almost as many 5* from the daily draw (3) as I have from 100 gem pulls (4).

If I wasn't sure before, I'm pretty certain now that the game is actively making fun of me.

c-murph

Passing on the FFII Banner. :p

Did the usual 100 Gem pull for a 4* Crystal Shield (VI). Had another one lying around; so, I combined them. 5* Crystal Shield? Yay?!

hesho

i approve of this FFII event. I have new chars to lvl..........

by stuffing them with eggs lol.

I might actually burn a mythril just so i can get their MC tonight... hmmm..

a little different note... i am guessing this is the only FFII event we will get.. like ever or is there another in japan?

Xetherion

100 gem: 3*
11 pull: 2x Golden Armor, 1x Werebuster

Was really hoping for Masamune, Healing Staff, or Flame Shield, but not gonna complain about an 11 pull with 3 5*, not to mention a couple 4* that i can combine with ones i already had.

Grzi

I'm at 0/20 in getting 5* relics with 100 gem pulls (started doing them with the Yuffie event). I really hope I get my first one soon.

MicH

I've gotten almost as many 5* from the daily draw (3) as I have from 100 gem pulls (4).

If I wasn't sure before, I'm pretty certain now that the game is actively making fun of me.
You've gotten three 5* from the daily draw. What the hell. Day 1 player here, zero 5* from the daily draw

Nohar

Meh. Did a 11x pull, got Leon's Armor and the Ice Gloves (which are actually Bangles ; I thought they were Gloves). On the one hand, I'm glad I've got more armors (and a decent SB), on the other hand I'm not really planning to use Leon, and I really could have used a better weapon. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom