• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

uh........ you are saying you got 37 5* orbs in 4 days? You have some serious luck with that...

Yes (plus more with conversion), but I did also do 27 mythril refreshes as noted as well as min/maxing my stamina during that whole phase pretty much. Out of curiosity I just did the math, with my natural stamina plus the 27 full refreshes that 4 day window gave me virtually exactly 6,000 Stamina total. I lost ~40 stamina or so from sleep etc but that's whatever. 6,000 stamina divided by 37 natural 5* orb drops is ~162 Stamina per single 5* orb drop, which I don't think is unreasonable? I mean I wound up practically speaking with more than that with conversion, but getting about one 5* orb per current full maximum Stamina refreshes seems not crazy.

But yeah, I think my orb rate drop was at the least solid which is why I'm happy with the mythril spent to be honest. Plus I was doing virtually all of this while stream monstering Final Round nonstop the last two days so it wasn't soul crushing or anything. Gonna go in hard this phase as well, I'll be relatively busy for phases 3 and 4 so I'll do what I can there but I likely won't get nearly as many refreshes there as I will the first two, so my rough budget of 75 mythril for refreshes across the event will work out pretty well.

MrDaravon

Looking at the reddit results thread my drop rate seems a bit above average for sure but not super crazy. Someone got 19 5* drops with no refreshes at all LOL.

But yeah if my drops wound up being above average that makes me feel even better about the mythril spends to be honest. Let's hope I didn't use up all my luck there >_>

Edit: Also I thought it was obvious but maybe isn't - those are my orb totals, so that's going to include the 5* first time rewards which are 9 total I believe (1 of each on Hard and 2 of each on + IIRC?), so excluding those I got 28 from actual drops if that seems more reasonable to people.

Noi

I've def gotten more NE than Wind from Gigantaurs so far, haha.

I'm already starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel of characters to get to 65. Following the MC2 release timeline, I'm already working on getting the FF3 characters to 65 for their event. I think I dropped 10 stamina on phase 2 refreshes already.

WarAdept

What the fuck game. Why is all my Jumbo Cactuars dropping MNEO. This is a ploy by DeNA. I knew both Power and Wind on the same phase was too good to be true.

MicH

I'm not really feeling this orb fest so far. I got a grand total of five major orbs in phase 1 (no refreshes). So far in phase 2, with one refresh) I've gotten 0

Ahnez

Decided to do one 5 mythril pull, just because

fTqgXHU.jpg

Much better than I expected lol

Kain

I need stupid quantities of power orbs, so yeah, I'm recharging at least 10 mythril. I only have 60 mythril, which is not nearly enough for the festivals and shit, but I like to live dangerously. Or stupidly. Plus I need to level up chars, what the heck, I've been running with the same pool of 10 all my FFRK life, it's time to go one step further.

Dragner

Decided to do one 5 mythril pull, just because

Much better than I expected lol

Its a really good weapon, I have it and Im happy because its a synergy weapon that everybody can use with great stats and is for a good character. The SB is not that impressive but it should be really good for this ultimate, and Zidane can use machinist skills.

Just need to get Berserker, Warrior, and Thief to 49-50 and I'll finally have every character in the game cap broken/ready to be cap broken. After that exp wise my goal for the rest of fest is to get anyone who I have a sb for up to 65 at least and those who'll get mc2s upcoming.

I feel almost blasphemous that I'm going through the FFII event now. In terms of stamina to put towards it, I'm getting characters and MC today and will do remainder tomorrow.

Expect a news notice about Minwu sometime. Basuna VI is not AoE Esuna as it says but single target instead...it is an okay soul break now I guess (saves an ability slot) rather than "that could be good" (thinking back to the FFIX plant boss thats AoE blinds).

Meanwhile in Japan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP9JhixCdSw
6* summon so you won't be honing for years and besides
it's not much stronger than 5* Bahamut and is fact equal to ones like Alexander and Ixon against enemies weak to the respective elements

MicH

So far I've spent four mythril on refreshing stamina in phase 2 and I've gotten a total of two Gigantuars. That's pretty damn bad. At least the exp is nice

MrDaravon

Okay, so what characters should I spend tokens on for MC1s? Right now I'm missing 11 possible MC1s, but 6 of those are Elite dungeon rewards I just haven't gotten to yet so obviously not worried about those, and another one is Firion and that's only because I haven't done the current event yet so that's obviously not an issue either. The 4 I have remaining are:

Edward
Tellah (early may, event right after Rinoa's)
Aerith (late may/early June?)
Rinoa (late april/early may event)

As far as I can detective right now Edward's MC1 hasn't rolled around period even in Japan. Then on the other three the next time they come around is looking like late April/early May for Rinoa, Tellah's the event right after Rinoa's, then Aerith's in late May/early June. So I'm thinking Edward, Rinoa and Aerith? I mean technically on paper you'd take Tellah over Rinoa, but Tellah doesn't seem to be noteworthy, AND because I super fucked up during the last Hall of Rites event I actually have Rinoa's MC2 which I grabbed because at the time she was the only BM that had a MC2 and I sword to God I had her MC1, but nope >_>.

Edward and Ingus can finally be level cap broken! I've waited so long for this!

That exhaustive FFRK .pdf I just looked at to get my data above showed Ingus has an MC1 available in a Classic Dungeon, is that not in global yet or something? I didn't pay attention to the names or anything really, just saw they had their MC1 in a classic dungeon and so I marked them off the list.

MrDaravon

So is there any reason to hold on to my hero souls and my last mc1 if I have everything unlocked to this point?

This is ultimately what I'm wondering. Edward came out originally forever ago right? When was the last character they put out that didn't have their accompanying MC1 in that event I guess?

So I did a paid pull the other day for the FF2 banner and got 4 soul breaks. Best pull I've ever had.

Josef's Avalanche
Leon's Hand of the Emperor
Gordon's Goddess's Bell
and Minwu's Will of the White Mage

I already had
Firion's Wild Rose Vow
Josef's Noble Sacrifice

So I'm pretty prepared for any future FFII physical content at this point.

My question is, which attack buffs do I use? HotE stacks with others, so that's a given, but what about Avalanche and Goddess's Bell? Which one is stronger? Anyone know?

MicH

Don't use your hero's souls or MC lodes on growth eggs. Save them on case they release new characters/MC1s in the Hall of Rites or he you somehow miss out on some

Okay, so what characters should I spend tokens on for MC1s? Right now I'm missing 11 possible MC1s, but 6 of those are Elite dungeon rewards I just haven't gotten to yet so obviously not worried about those, and another one is Firion and that's only because I haven't done the current event yet so that's obviously not an issue either. The 4 I have remaining are:

Edward
Tellah (early may, event right after Rinoa's)
Aerith (late may/early June?)
Rinoa (late april/early may event)

As far as I can detective right now Edward's MC1 hasn't rolled around period even in Japan. Then on the other three the next time they come around is looking like late April/early May for Rinoa, Tellah's the event right after Rinoa's, then Aerith's in late May/early June. So I'm thinking Edward, Rinoa and Aerith? I mean technically on paper you'd take Tellah over Rinoa, but Tellah doesn't seem to be noteworthy, AND because I super fucked up during the last Hall of Rites event I actually have Rinoa's MC2 which I grabbed because at the time she was the only BM that had a MC2 and I sword to God I had her MC1, but nope >_>.

That exhaustive FFRK .pdf I just looked at to get my data above showed Ingus has an MC1 available in a Classic Dungeon, is that not in global yet or something? I didn't pay attention to the names or anything really, just saw they had their MC1 in a classic dungeon and so I marked them off the list.
Ingus' MC1 hasn't been made available until now. If it is in a dungeon update it's a future one (I don't know the details), but I don't think it's getting released outside of the Hall of Rites until the Desch event

Both Edward and Ingus waaaay down the road will get mc1s for free the only reason you'd pick them up now is if you're a day oner and they're the last two you need and you don't want to wait OR you've pulled one of their sb's and want to use them.

Broke Edward and Ingus immediately and cashed the rest in for Growth Eggs - there will be other opportunities for Hero Souls and Memory Lodes so not worried about missing anything in the future. Ingus in particular is pretty great skillset of Knight and Support, good character i'd say!

My question is, which attack buffs do I use? HotE stacks with others, so that's a given, but what about Avalanche and Goddess's Bell? Which one is stronger? Anyone know?

Nice pull... tempts me to whip out my wallet but there are other banners i'm saving that treat for. Avalanche is a Boostga, whereas Goddess Bell is an AoE Power/Magic Breakdown. Both would stack with HotE I believe (for pure ATK Planet Protector and/or Shout would be a higher increase, although Avalanche does a hefty barrage of ice damage in itself).

Wait, it's Ingus? I've been saying Ignus all along :(

So is there any reason to hold on to my hero souls and my last mc1 if I have everything unlocked to this point?
If you go on vacation you might miss some characters so having them spare is useful (characters stuck at 50 is a fate as bad as not existing) plus the alternative is some 4* growth eggs. However, the hall of rites takes ages to update in Japan.

So I did a paid pull the other day for the FF2 banner and got 4 soul breaks. Best pull I've ever had.

Josef's Avalanche
Leon's Hand of the Emperor
Gordon's Goddess's Bell
and Minwu's Will of the White Mage

I already had
Firion's Wild Rose Vow
Josef's Noble Sacrifice

So I'm pretty prepared for any future FFII physical content at this point.

Nice pull:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/4aywt1/relic_discussion_seer_of_destiny_giving_it/
"Goddess Bell" (140% AoE physical per hit, 3 hits, with ATK/MAG-40% as status 610)
"Avalanche" (137% AoE Ice ranged physical per hit, 3 hits, with party ATK+30% as status 603)
The effects are applied to different targets.

Goddess Bell along with recent stat buffs make Gordon quite the viable support.

Mknzy

Just did a 3 pull on the FFII banner and had one of the better spurts of luck I've ever had, drawing Josef's Avalanche and Leon's Hand of the Emperor. Makes up for some of the bad luck I have had lately, including 4 ten pulls with no unique or shared soul breaks in any of them.

elty

People are ruinga for orb? I just give everyone a melee weapon and auto all the way. Probably slower but no attention required.

Dragner

Im ruinga/summoning but thats because Im running it with 1-2 man so auto is way slower for me. If I would use a full team I will auto too.

MrDaravon

Ingus' MC1 hasn't been made available until now. If it is in a dungeon update it's a future one (I don't know the details), but I don't think it's getting released outside of the Hall of Rites until the Desch event

You are correct, I looked at the pdf wrong :(. This changes things a bit for me, now the accurate list of MC1s I'm missing that aren't available in Elite dungeons I just haven't gotten to yet (ex. Fusoya) is:

Ingus - Not available in JP OR Global outside of Hall of Rites
Edward - will be available in a Global event in ~4-5 months
Tellah - will be available in a Global event in ~1.5 months (right after Rinoa's)
Aerith - will be avilable in a Global event in ~2 months
Rinoa - will be available in a Global event in ~1.5 months
Kimahri - will be available in a Global event in ~4-5 months

I have none of the relics for any of these characters, but I DO have Rinoa's MC2 because of my aforementioned fuckup. I will probably do Rinoa's now so I can get her to 65 as my BM during orbfest so I can pop her MC2 immediately, then I'll also do Ingus just because we are at a minimum of 6 months out for him any other way. I'll hold onto my 3rd lode until after orbfest/lucky draws in case I get a relic for any of these characters, if not I guess I'll do Edward just because he's the farthest out (lol Kimahri).

People are ruinga for orb? I just give everyone a melee weapon and auto all the way. Probably slower but no attention required.

I'm running Ruinga but that's only because my BM casting it is dragging along 4 people who are leveling. If I was using a "proper" 50+ team then yeah I'd be auto-battling for sure.

Wait, it's Ingus? I've been saying Ignus all along :(

If you go on vacation you might miss some characters so having them spare is useful (characters stuck at 50 is a fate as bad as not existing) plus the alternative is some 4* growth eggs. However, the hall of rites takes ages to update in Japan.

Nice pull:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/4aywt1/relic_discussion_seer_of_destiny_giving_it/
"Goddess Bell" (140% AoE physical per hit, 3 hits, with ATK/MAG-40% as status 610)
"Avalanche" (137% AoE Ice ranged physical per hit, 3 hits, with party ATK+30% as status 603)
The effects are applied to different targets.

Goddess Bell along with recent stat buffs make Gordon quite the viable support.

Oh my god that means Hand of the Emperor, Goddess Bell, and Avalanche ALL STACK.

Noi

I grabbed Aerith (her MC1 hasn't been available for a loooong time, so she's been stuck at 50 since forever), Ingus and Fusoya's (so I don't have to bother with that FF6 elite for a while) memory crystals. Sorry Edward, I don't have a compelling reason to level you yet.

That makes the only MC1s I'm missing Edward, Ninja, Gladiator and.... Kimahri, for some reason.

Kain

I grabbed Rinoa because I desperately needed her MC. Now I don't know, maybe Fusoya or Aeris. Or Hope/Vanille/Snow, I only have Lightning in a respectable level.

MrDaravon

Kimahri comes back next week on the FF X-2 event.

Either that's not on the pdf I was looking at, or his name is spelled wrong in that event location or something (I was searching the whole pdf by character names). Good to know though that I'll be able to cross that off the list!

Noi

Although I'm only at 4 Gigantaurs in like 17 refreshes for phase 2 (two MWO, two MNEO), it hasn't gone unnoticed that, a lot of the time, I'm finishing a dungeon with an obscene amount of three star power orbs. Will still have been worth it in the long run since orb conversion is a thing.

Pinning for the 10+ Gigantaurs I got on phase 1 though. :(

Edit: Complain on Gaf and thou shalt receive. Got FOUR Gigantaurs with two Major Power and two Non-Elementals just now, haha.

Dragner

Although I'm only at 4 Gigantaurs in like 17 refreshes for phase 2 (two MWO, two MNEO), it hasn't gone unnoticed that, a lot of the time, I'm finishing a dungeon with an obscene amount of three star power orbs. Will still have been worth it in the long run since orb conversion is a thing.

Pinning for the 10+ Gigantaurs I got on phase 1 though. :(

Edit: Complain on Gaf and thou shalt receive. Got FOUR Gigantaurs with two Major Power and two Non-Elementals just now, haha.

17 refreshes already? How many are you going to do?. I dont think Ill do more than 20.

Noi

17 refreshes already? How many are you going to do?. I dont think Ill do more than 20.

I'm probably just gonna spend the daily mythril on refreshes until phase 3 (so 19-21 total), then drop another 10-15 on phase 4 for summon/ice orbs.

Grzi

It never procs for me.

Oh wait, it does, on the first few dungeons of the FFII event, like 10 times in 15 battles.

Here's the best strategy for the orb fest. I've been doing it since we started and I've gotten so many characters up to their max level.

2 Party Team on + Difficulty.

Character 1: Mage with Ruinga (R3) and an -aja spel.
Record Materia: Autohaste

Character 2: Anyone else you want to level up.
Record Materia: EXP bonus

Clear the trash with ruinga, clear the solo cactuars with ruinga/-ja spell, defend with the other character. Works like a charm.

Jarekx

Garnet...I need you to drop your RM so I can get back to orbfest. 2 Stamina a stage is the best chance I'll get at this thing so I need you to cooperate with me.

Down to leveling ingus edward and 10 cores left. Should finish ingus and Edward around the time that the bonus battles open to bring firion back after a day off. shouldnt have to eat too much exp assuming the lucky pulls do come starting tomorrow night and I land a 3-4 new relics to master.

Mythril for refreshes: 5/10/5/10/0
Mediocre luck thus far with majors but I've hit my targets and will have flare r3 and Bahamut r3 before the end of the festival. Thiefs raid and saints cross will be honable to r3 but only if I pull relics for those characters, as of now I have no meaningful relics for either five star knights or thieves (sorry Edgar with your partisan :().

Conveniently I am in severe need for both v and ix synergy offense, so I will be dropping 100mythril on banners one and five barring a good first pull or duplicative lucky pulls.

Razmos

Beat the silver dragon ultimate but seriously fuck that fight.

It has a ridiculous amount of res, pretty much forcing you to use a physical party, which just leads to COUNTER WING GALE
COUNTER WING GALE
COUNTER WING GALE

repeat ad nauseum and throw in AoE attacks, twister, blast wave ect ect.

There is no fucking way you can heal through all that.

And then it has a stupidly high defence as well, eurgh.

Dragner

It has a ridiculous amount of res, pretty much forcing you to use a physical party, which just leads to COUNTER WING GALE
COUNTER WING GALE
COUNTER WING GALE

yeah, the battle has some serious RNG bullshit on that counter...or you can cheese it with 5 man retaliate where he becomes a joke (he will not counter attacks coming from retaliate counteratacks).

Balphon

COUNTER WING GALE
COUNTER WING GALE

Yeah, it's the crappiest boss in quite awhile. At least it's fairy simple if you get lucky with the counters.

WarAdept

COUNTER WING GALE
COUNTER WING GALE

Ehhh I brought 2 mages and they put in more work. Res is reduced once it's grounded anyway (which is a target score), so it's a non issue for Magic anyway.

I am getting the most trash tier Gigantuar encounters this phase. And the ones I do encounter, it's fucking MNEO's. Fuck.

Meanwhile I'm resorting to using people like Cyan to AoE the mobs. Cyan. I've run out of Mages and Monks to level to 65/80. Next I'll be using fucking Kimahri with Bladeblitz or some shit.

Dragner

Im really waiting for the 1 stamina ultimate battles, I would fight ultimates over and over if the cost was lower. Its the most fun I have with the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom