• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

RivalCore

Was there any confirmation of the rumor for a half price pull on the SSB banners?

I'm tempted to do the lucky pull, but...I've been hurt before and I would like to hold off if necessary.

MicH

Was there any confirmation of the rumor for a half price pull on the SSB banners?

I'm tempted to do the lucky pull, but...I've been hurt before and I would like to hold off if necessary.
That was never a rumor. Only lucky draws are half price. Celebration banners are full price

Valus

I read that as Quistis Mighty Guard and was about to say something hahahaha.

Lol at least Quina's is a spear I think, so Freya can use it...

How are you super vets managing your inventory space anyway? I'm at 215/225 slots now after getting rid of all 1-2* as well as most of my 3* accessories, and I've only been playing since October. I have so many 3* weapons that I hang on to since you never know when you might be able to + them. I also get rid of excess 3*s that I already have a 3*++ of.

Pulled 3 old-ish 5*. All for BLM, so it feels like they made a BLM Abyss Lucky Banner after all!

Got Valkyrie (VIII - Angel Wing Bolt), Binding Rod (XIII - Deprotectga), and Minerva Bustier (VI - Trance Flood). Nothing amazing, but I combined my Valkyries, so I have my first 5+ (as opposed to numerous 4++). It seems to have 119 Magic, so it's pretty dang solid for Ninjas. Also did not have a rod for XIII, so that's one more realm with some magical firepower. And Deprotectga will probably prove quite useful in mixed parties.

Strongly contemplating skipping one or both of the other 2 Lucky Banners so I can hit 500 for SSB/Tactics. Leaning towards 1 pull on banner 4, 2 pulls on banner 5, and then 7 (or until I'm satisfied) on Tactics.

Balphon

How are you super vets managing your inventory space anyway? I'm at 215/225 slots now after getting rid of all 1-2* as well as most of my 3* accessories, and I've only been playing since October. I have so many 3* weapons that I hang on to since you never know when you might be able to + them. I also get rid of excess 3*s that I already have a 3*++ of.

I've had 500 slots for a long time.

Best bet for space efficiently is constantly dumping redundant items like you are.

Xetherion

I'm at 248/350... I used mythril for a lot of inventory space back when upgrade mats took up inventory space, due to having a ton of 5* upgrade mats and no 5* relics to upgrade.

Falk

that puzzling face
Was at 325, upgraded to 350 with a bunch of good accessories from the FF1 event.

It goes up to 500 so I have plenty of ways to go.

At least the days of nightmare inventory management with 2++s and 1++s are largely over though, since I have a decent baseline 5* for virtually any party setup, and those are == 2++ with RS on the worst of days.

3++s remain useful as long as they aren't daggers or heavy armor. (Though I'm keeping two each of IV's frost and fire resist because OCD)

I dont even keep 3*, modern 5* has better stats that 3++ items with synergy.

3++ weapons typically go into the 130 range. Unless they're daggers.

I feel like I need to expand my weapon slots since 250 really isn't cutting it yet I don't wanna burn a bunch of mythril to do so even though I've got like 600+

Niz8o6W.jpg

Seen the 3 rainbows and got excited. Already have a crystal glove and the SB on the other two are junk, so that's sorta disappointing, but whatever, 'cause it's all worth it for the +10 ATK mastery bonus on Tyro. Haven't decided yet if I'm going to combine the Crystal Gloves or use it as a rosetta stone. Thought about combining it and augmenting it so that monks would have something usable in other realms since I don't have a ton of fist weapons, but the base ATK on this thing is kind of low - it hardly seems worth it. I'm going to wait and see what I end up with after FFT before I start spending more rosetta stones anyways.

I got Wakka's ball with attack reels, Reno's staff, a 4 star FFXIII bracer that I combined and a bunch of 3 star stuff most of which I sold.

Yay?

At least Wakka's ball gives me another good long range weapon for the occasional random annoying long range only boss, so that's nice.

I got an arm gun for Barett and a bow for Faris. Never really used either and dunno if I will. Arm guns are extra dumb too since Tyro is the only other character that can use it.

I also got a 4-star FF7 Masamune. What the heck is that??

Dragner

I got an arm gun for Barett and a bow for Faris. Never really used either and dunno if I will. Arm guns are extra dumb too since Tyro is the only other character that can use it.

Faris is in the top 3 of supports, amazing stats and skillset. And Dena loves her a lot, she even has a BSSB in Japan (an amazing one).

DejectedAngel

Neo Member
So because I've got Galuf's Unyielding Fist I made Exploding Fist R1. Is it suboptimal? Undoubtedly. Is it fun to use? Oh yeah.

The largest downside of that is that R2 Full Break is pretty far away now, but I couldn't care less; I'm having fun fielding a monk again.

Also I have 105 GNEOs.....

Falk

that puzzling face
This is a problem with the II characters in general. Some of them got buffs, but they're still largely inferior versions of other characters.

Ricard vs Kain

Minwu vs everyone

Firion vs Tidus

Josef vs

uh

well

it's Josef lol

Kain

FFII is a joke FF*, so it stands to reason that the FFRK chars would be pretty much useless.

I mean, what were they smoking when they implemented the stat growth system? In paper it must have sound good, but the execution.....

*I consider V to be a joke FF too, but for all the good reasons instead of all the bad ones like II.

Balphon

It's ok, but Firion as a character leaves a lot to be desired. I mean 1* Black, what is this? The rest is like, a bad version of Tidus. :/

He's actually probably a little better than Tidus, but both of them are equally underwhelming.

Tidus eventually has access to the Chain Starter/Full Charge combo, but if you want to do that you'd be better off with Lightning or Zack anyway.

Firion's RM2 is good, though, so there's that. Seems like they just gave FF2 a bunch of decent RMs and forgot about them.

I like Final Fantasy 2... :(

However, agreed most of them in RK are weak options without their relics. Leon probably has the best skillset of the cast, but that said the relics included on the latest banners are very good! I'll be using Minwu a fair bit going forward thanks to the instant cast aoe curaga.

Negator

Minwu's AOE instant cast curaga is a game changer. I was shocked at how useful it actually is.

Makes the case for Wutai Headband a lot better.

Kain

Luneth is awesome.

As is the Mesh, I'm saving all mythtril (the few I have) for banner 5. I know his SSB is coming back with Faris but I just can't wait xD

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Nothing at all on my 11-pull but then 2 five-stars on my 2 100-gem pulls so... not bad overall.

Dragner

ok, so I was showing the game to a friend, show him the tutorial on an emulator and made him do a pull. He pulled Selphie SSB, Gilgamesh Zanzetsuken and Terra Minerva Bustier, the best heal in the game and 2 relics for 2 of the best chars in the game. He didnt like the game in the end and Im not into multi account.

So if someone wants this account, that is amazing for a begginer, for a friend, girlfriend whatever, just tell me and I can give you a 1 time code (but it has to be redeemed fast, 5 minutes).

Kain

ok, so I was showing the game to a friend, show him the tutorial on an emulator and made him do a pull. He pulled Selphie SSB, Gilgamesh Zanzetsuken and Terra Minerva Bustier, the best heal in the game and 2 relics for 2 of the best chars in the game. He didnt like the game in the end and Im not into multi account.

So if someone wants this account, that is amazing for a begginer, for a friend, girlfriend whatever, just tell me and I can give you a 1 time code (but it has to be redeemed fast, 5 minutes).

Shit, they should give us something to us first dayers. The pain we had to bear compared to the goodness today must be rewarded somehow T_T

It's ok, but Firion as a character leaves a lot to be desired. I mean 1* Black, what is this? The rest is like, a bad version of Tidus. :/
That reminds me that as far as skillsets go Japanese Irvine was the oddest:
Black 5, white 3, support 3, celerity 2
Global decided to skip this phase of Irvine...

Of course Global didn't skip the time when Red XIII was the only character would couldn't use daggers.

ccbfan

Getting a tons of Gigantaurs this phase

Total MPOs? 0

Have a 3 straight MNEO streak going..

At least yesterday I got a bunch of MWOs but MNEO is still leading.

Maybe the rando gods will be kind to me and give me a ton of summons orbs phase 5.

LucaMac

Faris is in the top 3 of supports, amazing stats and skillset. And Dena loves her a lot, she even has a BSSB in Japan (an amazing one).

I concur with this. Have her BSSB on my Japanese account and I no longer need to bring defensive breakdowns. Means I can go all out with offense and give her theif raid and something useful for the particular fight for the few spare actions she gets. Her ability selection is class.

Negator

I concur with this. Have her BSSB on my Japanese account and I no longer need to bring defensive breakdowns. Means I can go all out with offense and give her theif raid and something useful for the particular fight for the few spare actions she gets. Her ability selection is class.

For now in my JP account she has Magic Breakdown and Armor Breakdown. Would like to put Thief Raid in place of Magic Breakdown someday when I have orbs.

Four refreshes, six cacti, zero Power Orbs.

On the other hand, I had similar luck on the last dungeon for Black Orbs and was happily showered with them on the last day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom