• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kain

Dudes complaining about getting a SECOND Fusion sword are hurting my feelings T_T

I hope the SSB banners deliver. And I hope they give more free Mythril because I have nothing now xD

Got another FFVII relic, Zack's Gloves. I think this SB is pretty good actually, so that's cool. Plus I have a new retaliate weapon for Gilgamesh, so bonus.

MicH

People in here really need to get their expectations in check. Any 5* is a win, even if you already have it. I'd say only horribly outdated relics like Cloud's Buster Sword or similar single target one hit relics are worth being disappointed in

Noi

I've gotten tons of mileage out of Lenna's healing staff for the Holy+ effect alone, don't sleep on that thing.

I'm seeing a lot of posts that make these these Lucky Draws feel like they are handing out a bunch of dupes. Heck, my first one had a dupe Soul Sabre for Celes and my second had a dupe Valkyrie for Rinoa.

As I said yesterday I got a dupe Dark Armour for Cecil, that hurts man.

I shouldn't even be this frustrated about that pull, but I am. It's almost insulting that the thing I get to break my spree of getting zilch for for 4-5 lucky draws in a row is a dupe I get no use out of, out of all the items one could potentially get in this thing. :|

Note to self: stop making pulls before bed, this feeling isn't good for your sleep.

People in here really need to get their expectations in check. Any 5* is a win, even if you already have it. I'd say only horribly outdated relics like Cloud's Buster Sword or similar single target one hit relics are worth being disappointed in

Stop being a voice of reason, dangit. Salt doesn't care for that!

Balphon

Its better than Asura's Rod?, also Vanille SSB will be +Holy too.

Healing Staff is still slightly better, but they are comparable. I drew it forever ago and it's been my main WHM weapon ever since.

Vanille's Physician Staff will be better than both, but again comparable.

WarAdept

At least it's a sword, but fucking hell. I don't want to use Monks! And I already have Jechts hat, which is actually a good item.

This is my 4th Monk boostga.

Screenshot_2016-03-23-20-23-36_zpspw9hfiag.png

Razmos

Meltdown is Fire, Earth AND Wind element and hits a single target 3 times for more potency than ultima, it chooses an element depending on what the enemy is most vulnerable to

Dragner

The game is punishing me for missplaying.

I was against this ultimate and forgot to heal because I was confident just at the end with last gigas at 100 HP or so, he killed 4 of my chars with AOE lightning because shellga/wall just vanished at the same time.

Now im like 15 S/L because my debuffs dont land (4 blind shot missed in a row...), or they decide to multihit my healer (that happened like 4 times already). First time I was crushing them and now I cant even get first one to 50% health...

Yeah it's annoying... stop sounding so entitled guys! Even a Buster Sword is a good stat stick for VII synergy.

So no one got like a 6 5* draw with every single BSSB or something crazy like that? lol
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/4blbo8/lucky_draw_relic_data_analysis_phase_1/
Yes to the 5* bit and probably not to the crazy bit, at least the 7 one didn't have any SSB or trinity. I'm pretty sure I saw a 3 5* pull with SG and Dream Stage (and one with Dream stage and Mighty Guard VIII) which are two game changing relics right there so number of 5*s isn't what makes a pull valuable and also it is what is valuable to you as seen by the posts disappointed over a 3rd SG for example.

Meltdown is Fire, Earth AND Wind element and hits a single target 3 times for more potency than ultima, it chooses an element depending on what the enemy is most vulnerable to
Animation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-czCFMKZPkQ

First bits of news from the stream...
- FFII event in May, introducing Guy
- Level cap will be broken in May. Up to level 99 and comes with another new RM when broken
- FFRK original soundtrack will be released once there are more arranges to increase it's volume
- Storage function will be implemented in May
- Re-release of past Dress Records will eventually occur, but they wanted to have more Dress Records out there first
- Original FFRK storyline is in the works. A new artwork drawn by Tetsuya Nomura is a preview for it. Further progression depends on him.

Source

Kain

- FFII event in May, introducing Guy

Forget the rest, this is huge. MC3 hold nothing against another II realm or Guy. GUY!

- Original FFRK storyline is in the works. A new artwork drawn by Tetsuya Nomura is a preview for it. Further progression depends on him.

lol, so it will never happen. I swear Nomura is overworked and he can't say no when they put things on his plate.

Pulled Tidus's shield that is hastega + ability restore and Zell's fist weapon. Both are unique but neither is particularly great but I'm 5/22 so I guess I really can't complain, also gotten 4 4* I've been able to combine

The next three events in Japan are...

-Gilgamesh event. Featuring his Record Dive and BSSB
-FFVI event featuring Celes' Opera Dress Record
-FFX-2 event featuring Paine and Rikku's Dress Record
qbUFu8Q.png

Source

This is the Nomura artwork the story will supposedly be based on...

hKD0XGz.jpg

Two new characters, a seemingly female Record Keeper, and a baby bird (Chocobo?) of some sort.

Kaiterra

Banned
2/22. Peacemaker yesterday and Thor Hammer today. Seems like even if I don't get the Platinum Sword I'm still amassing a little collection of Boostgas I can use.

Dragner

Im desperating with this ultimate, he never use phisical attacks, I only get smahsed my triple lightning/fire/ice or single attacks that hit for 2k even with wall up. I bring a machinist for nothing, I get thrown stones maybe 2 or 3 times max.

For me the hardest one so far.

Kain

Im desperating with this ultimate, he never use phisical attacks, I only get smahsed my triple lightning/fire/ice or single attacks that hit for 2k even with wall up. I bring a machinist for nothing, I get thrown stones maybe 2 or 3 times max.

For me the hardest one so far.

This doesn't give me hope lol

My plan is to wait until the last day, I want to squeeze as much experience as I can from the orbfest before attempting it.

MicH

I got lucky and landed blind on my first try with Dark Buster. Same with slow through Tempo Flurry. They hit pretty hard, but with wall + Protectga and Shellga it's not as bad. I think this was the first ultimate in a long time where I didn't bring PP.

Dragner

This doesn't give me hope lol

My plan is to wait until the last day, I want to squeeze as much experience as I can from the orbfest before attempting it.

yeah I should be waited, the thing is this fight has an insane amount of RNG, RNG for landing the debuffs, RNG for the times they hit woth their elemental attacks (1,2,3) and when they get into weak phase you can breeze through it or get triple lightning + Blaze/ice/lightning breath and kill 1 char from full HP, usually the healer.

And both times I got to the last gigas I got back to back bukaked with triple hit on my already weak characters, I would say haste is key, I dont have it and that why Im suffering, should have bring Tidus with his hastega shield instead of worthless laguna.

Kain

yeah I should be waited, the thing is this fight has an insane amount of RNG, RNG for landing the debuffs, RNG for the times they hit woth their elemental attacks (1,2,3) and when they get into weak phase you can breeze through it or get triple lightning + Blaze/ice/lightning breath and kill 1 char from full HP, usually the healer.

And both times I got to the last gigas I got back to back bukaked with triple hit on my already weak characters, I would say haste is key, I dont have it and that why Im suffering, should have bring Tidus with his hastega shield instead of worthless laguna.

Oh my, Leila might be useful after all xD

Falk

that puzzling face
Seeing the pulls and reactions half of you should go post in this thread tbh

just kidding i love all you guys

Attack Reels here, 2/22, marginally useful 5*s so far!

Please don't give me a whammy tomorrow

And everything will be fine

*twitch*

edit: Just realized Attack Reels is the first FFX 5* weapon I have!

spYWmSo.png

cKIadk6.png

Multiplayer Mode beta starting in April. Implementation at the end of May.

Four players, controlling two characters each. Communicate with stamps/stickers.

New Relic Celebration is a BSSB Fest.

Celebration from 26 March to 5 April

Banner 1: Tifa & Jecht BSSB
Banner 2: Sephiroth & Squall BSSB
Banner 3: Locke & Zidane BSSB
Banner 4: Beatrix & Paladin Cecil BSSB
Banner 5: Balthier & Fang BSSB
It will have special bosses too.

-New Record Drive Level... Unlock 6* Abilities for Samurai and Monk. (Monk's is like Thief's Raid, but based on Strength instead of Speed.)
-Another Orb Fest planned.
-Japanese Players get a bunch of free stuff tomorrow. (Mats, Gold & Mythril.)

Source 1 & 2

Grzi

I complain from time to time but it's all for fun. Not having Wall, Boostga or Hastega sucks but so far I've been doing great with what I have.

But seriously, people need to stop taking everything posted on Reddit that seems like it's written by a knowledgeable person like it's the only way to play the game. Protectga/Shellga + Hastega is still an amazing SB to have, I'd kill for Vega or Diamond Pin.

That dude writing those SCREAM META guides is especially irritating.
"Oh, you got Cloud's BSB? Don't be too happy about it, there's better stuff.
Zidane's SSB? LOL GTFOH with that shitty relic!
Red's SSB? Got it in Japan, doesn't matter people are drowning in relics over there, if you pull it on global I feel sorry for you - IT SUCKS!
Should you pull on this anniversary banner with a bunch of relics you probably don't have? Of course not, they suck, glorious scream meta is the only way to play the game, you need at least three single target 10 hit physical SSBs to GIT GUD - skip every banner stupid!"

It's awful.

Kain

I complain from time to time but it's all for fun. Not having Wall, Boostga or Hastega sucks but so far I've been doing great with what I have.

But seriously, people need to stop taking everything posted on Reddit that seems like it's written by a knowledgeable person like it's the only way to play the game. Protectga/Shellga + Hastega is still an amazing SB to have, I'd kill for Vega or Diamond Pin.

Red's SSB? Got it in Japan, doesn't matter people are drowning in relics over there, if you pull it on global I feel sorry for you - IT SUCKS!
Should you pull on this anniversary banner with a bunch of relics you probably don't have? Of course not, they suck, glorious scream meta is the only way to play the game, you need at least three single target 10 hit physical SSBs to GIT GUD - skip every banner stupid!"

It's awful.

You know, yesterday I was reading precisely that Scream meta guide for pulling in the SSB fest and like you I thought that guy was full of it. Everything that's not Scream meta is shit these days, and you have to spend all your mythril into the FFT banner or you're a loser who doesn't know how to play. It's irritating to say the least.

PS: Just to clarify, that's reddit's general vibe right now, nothing else.

MicH

To be fair that guide was made specifically with Scream meta in mind, so of course there are relics that don't jive with it for various reasons. Ultimately people can do what they want, but great relics like Hastegas don't automatically become shit when Scream comes out as there will be situations where Scream isn't ideal

I still really enjoy going mage meta and getting Scream won't change the fact that I'll continue to try different strategies

firehawk12

Subete no aware
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...lysis_phase_1/
Yes to the 5* bit and probably not to the crazy bit, at least the 7 one didn't have any SSB or trinity. I'm pretty sure I saw a 3 5* pull with SG and Dream Stage (and one with Dream stage and Mighty Guard VIII) which are two game changing relics right there so number of 5*s isn't what makes a pull valuable and also it is what is valuable to you as seen by the posts disappointed over a 3rd SG for example.
Oh sure, getting 1 relic if it's amazing is great. But the way that RNG works, someone somewhere must have got like all three trinity pieces + Cloud's BSSB in a single roll. Maybe 2 or 3 Cloud relics just for good measure. lol

----

Oh speaking of relics, is it worth keeping a second Guard Stick. I still can't really mage meta (I suppose I should have stamina'ed a lot more during the black orb phase but oh well), so I don't know if it's worth keeping two of them. It's not that great a rod though, so I'm thinking of just fusing it to try to give Aerith a boost.

Negator

Got the Official Ball. It's severely outdated, but it's my first FFX character relic, and my first Support character relic. Also got a dupe Runeblade.

And of course I log into JP for the black mage lucky banner and get 2 SSB. lol

Jecht's BSSB is gonna be a Blitzball, that's pretty cool IMO. I love that he's basically a frontline fighter you can use from the backrow.

It's awful.

Right. Everyone wants to be an expert. This is how people spend 500 mythril and crash and burn. the vast majority of psas over there are self evident and merely to gain forum points. Scream is nice but there are other relics with similar effects that you won't see much of a difference on. And you can always summon it as an rw. Sure mighty guard is superior to boon, but quistis is an odd character and you're giving up full break or something else to run her. Frankly the game isn't hard outside of a few odd mechanics fights that there is onky one path to success.

I am not looking forward to mp. That might be when I bow out, we'll see.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You know, yesterday I was reading precisely that Scream meta guide for pulling in the SSB fest and like you I thought that guy was full of it. Everything that's not Scream meta is shit these days, and you have to spend all your mythril into the FFT banner or you're a loser who doesn't know how to play. It's irritating to say the least.

PS: Just to clarify, that's reddit's general vibe right now, nothing else.
As someone who plays for the meta, I understand why people want to go for the ultimate build. It makes sense to push for that efficiency if you are literally playing the game for its numbers. As someone who basically played this game for Lightning, I'm still a tiny bit salty that I never got a Lightning relic and never have a reason to use her outside of the few times that I need a spellblade (like this Ultimate), but retameta is mostly the only reason why I'm still engaged. I think if I wasn't able to get the MC2s in events, I probably would have stopped playing (and paying) a while ago.

That said, clearly there are ways to beat the content without relying on some form of cheese meta, and people should be able to play that way if they want to. But I'm sure people were the same way with retameta a year ago and equally obnoxious about it being the ONLY way to play the game correctly.

Right. Everyone wants to be an expert. This is how people spend 500 mythril and crash and burn. the vast majority of psas over there are self evident and merely to gain forum points. Scream is nice but there are other relics with similar effects that you won't see much of a difference on. And you can always summon it as an rw. Sure mighty guard is superior to boon, but quistis is an odd character and you're giving up full break or something else to run her. Frankly the game isn't hard outside of a few odd mechanics fights that there is onky one path to success.

I actually tried pulling on Quistis' banner. I figure if I got it, I'd just use her as my black mage full time and retire Rinoa.

GordonShumway

Neo Member
3 5★ from the lucky draws for me so far.

Yesterday continued my FFXIV relic stockpile:
Ninja Chainmail (4th FFXIV relic)

Today's theme was medica:
Elven Bow (Rosa's group raise & heal)
Healer's Robe (already have one & 5th FFXIV relic :-| )

I've been looking for some multi-hit SBs since I don't have any, but any 5★ is nice. And more group heal options are always good.

Can't decide if I should combine the Healer's Robes or not. I have plenty of robes and bracers to go around, so I'm leaning towards combining.

It's not taking the place of the original game structure, just going to be an addition.

Haha, I was just thinking "the gang's all here except Guy."
I've been waiting so long, I'm really interested to see what his build will be. (I hope they start him off with some good relics too.)

Though we're still missing Scott, and presumably, The Emperor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom