• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Lucky Banner #1 draw.

That's a second Lightning Steel and my FOURTH FFX 5★ sword. Thankfully, there's a lot of events for that one, so yay.

Valkyrie was one of the two items I was having trouble deciding between on the Beginner's Banner, so I guess I'm officially grabbing Tyrfing from that (eventually?). I needed a good magic weapon for FFVIII and it will make a good weapon for Queen Yuffie.

No 4★ tho, which is a silly thing to notice when I got two good 5★, heh.

CeMG1YEUIAAzVno.jpg

MicH

Lightning Steel is quite nice if you're running Lightning with her SSB or Tyro with SLG. That added boost to lightning damage is great

SoulUnison

Banned
I'm going absolutely crazy on these refreshes.

Only been playing since last Thanksgiving and orbs and hones have been my weak point, by far.
Doesn't help that the first two phases involve Black, Power, and Wind orbs...
I've probably already spent about 40 mythril just auto-battling through the + stages over and over again, swapping out characters to level them up as needed.

Finally got Y'shtola from Hall of Rites, too, after having Thyrus since one of my very first pulls but having no way to get the actual character.

I know stamina is super precious for the next couple of days, but I'm going to burn what I need to get Firion's Memory Crystal II tonight and then bring him back for tomorrow's Refresh Mania. I have his 5★ Wild Rose axe, so getting him to 80 before doing the Ultimate will probably be good. Also, he's pretty cool.

Lightning Steel is quite nice if you're running Lightning with her SSB or Tyro with SLG. That added boost to lightning damage is great
Not bad, I'll keep that in mind if I pull Lightning's item. Tyro's is a freebie, but I have Sentinel, so I can't imagine ever wanting to not use that.

Czarcasm

So banner 2 100 gem draw: 5* Ice Gloves (II)

Would like to have gotten a weapon, but hey, at least my team will be properly armored for the EX/Ultimate battles

Mastered the new ultimate with this team,

12495132_10154670813018989_8700435068214294561_n.jpg

Advance Retaliate again. Lost two damage medals. Zacks air strike was pretty useful for it too.

I had to save load once because I didn't get my damage mitigation up of SS2 and Boon(for a second time) when I was half way through the fight. These guys can seemingly drop tons of damage all of a sudden. Seems very random.

Xetherion

100 gem pull: rainbow orb! What's it gonna be...? A Metal Knuckles (VIII)?! That's not even on the banner! Oh well, nice to have a good monk weapon for VIII dungeons.

B.K.

What's the most efficient way to level up during orbfest? If I just have one or two, it seems like a waste because it's going to take so long to level all I want, but if I take four or five, it takes a long time for them to level.

WarAdept

The Killer Bow that I pulled for Fran from the Lucky Draw is going to help so much for this Ultimate.

Going to wait until Phase 3 before I do any of these bonus battles however. Power/Wind is too important!

Now I need to decide whether I want R3 Thief's Revenge or R3 Full Charge (already making Saint's Cross R3 as soon as it comes out). Full Charge is a while away though.

Negator

Spent a mythril on a refresh to just get the FF2 stuff out of the way.

How strange. I'm bottlenecked on Lightning Orbs to get Thief's Revenge to R3. I have the 60 MWO that I need, lol.

If I get Agrias' SSB, I'll Prioritize Saint Cross first.

Valus

What's the most efficient way to level up during orbfest? If I just have one or two, it seems like a waste because it's going to take so long to level all I want, but if I take four or five, it takes a long time for them to level.

If you have Cid's RM, the most efficient way to level up is to bring one black mage and the person you want to level up. Have the black mage nuke the enemy groups and have Cid's RM on your leveler. Ideally, your black mage is also someone you can level.

Balphon

If you're going to use a double exp RM, it's more efficient to use as few characters as possible.

If not, there is no efficiency differential so long as no one in the group is level capped, since you can't do anything about the rate of cactuar spawns.

WarAdept

Temporary template of SSB/Tactics Pulls:

SSB 1 - 2 pulls
SSB 2 - 0
SSB 3 - 0
SSB 4 - 2 pulls
SSB 5 - 4 pulls
Tactics- 4 pulls

Maybe I should pour more into SSB 5. I need a wall and I can always RW Shout.

Kenai

Got Gilgamesh Katana on my free 11 pull. I don't have any personal SBs for FFV and Gilgamesh is pretty good so I was happy enough.

Hope it keeps up, i'd like this SB Fest to be better than my last.

Kain

Did a 100 gem pull for the FFII banner just because and... Leila's dagger lolololol

I guess I should call it Rosetta stone, I'm not leveling her up and shellga+hastega is old news by this point.

MicH

These lucky draws love giving me VI synergy. Last time I got Edgar's Partisan and TWO of Cyan's Kotetsu. And now I got Kefka's flute. It's okay because I never pull on VI banners :lol

Wouldn't kind some IV gear, though
And so the RNGods granted me my wish:

6pbWYXYl.jpg

My katana collection keeps growing: Cyan's Kotetsu, Gilgamesh's Kotetsu and now Edge's Muraaame. It has a water damage boost on the weapon which is pretty nice

EDIT Don't hate on Lenna's Diaga stick. It's quite good with the Holy damage boost

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
Day 1 Lucky Draw: Garbage
Day 2 Lucky Draw: 1st Fusion Sword.

I'm 7/77 on all Lucky draws now and this is my second Fusion Sword.

Balphon

I got three 5*s on this second pull, all support SBs. Brings me up to six characters with AoE heal SBs.

Going pretty well, but I'm still in desperate need of damage SBs, though.

Total GARBAGE again!!!!! Seriously that 5* I received seems awfully crappy. At least it boosts holy damage I guess. Sheesh

It's still the best Dia weapon in the game.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
For my 100 gem thingie, I got that Dark Blade SSB... no idea if that's any good.

For my lucky draw, I got my 3rd Sentinel Grimoire... why game? Why...

Grzi

Great, just what I needed, some more VII & X synergy, two of my strongest realms.

Plus, I already have Cid's new SB.

Oh well, tomorrow I continue my quest for a wall, boostga or hastega. I'd be happy with just one of those three.

Kain

My lucky draw

I had no weapon for Bartz (who is an awesome char I completely neglected), so it's something. The SB itself seems lackluster, but I have no AOE sap so...

Tell that to my Sazh

Meh, I decided to level her up after all, I don't want trouble with the Ultimate and it could be situationally nice...

Kains gungnir which is... Eh I guess. I have his first lance which is my only bladed relic for IV, so now I can run a double dragoon team in the next IV event.

Also 3 combinable four stars including finishing off my II cat claws, which is actually useful since I haven't tackled the ultimate yet. Go figure, eh? Both lucky pulls gave me a cat claw each and now I have a maxed one right in time to be useful.

Lucky Draw #2. 2 5*s this time. Gernet's Ashura's Rod (I guess I can now combine one of my three Storm Staff) and Selphies Morning Star (yay medica at last, nay extremely dated medica that only heals HP, no bonus effects).

Since I actually got something I've needed that is a good pull and hopefully I can stand more of a fighting chance in Ultimate battles now.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
First Lucky draw was abysmal. Mostly 3 stars and no 5 stars.

Did a second pull and ended up with a second 1st Fusion Sword plus all 3 stars :(
Really wanted some other 5 star relics

My second Lucky Draw was 9 junk, 1 4* Wizard Armlet (X) that I combined into a 4*++ and my second Valkyrie (Rinoa's Angel Bolt Wing).

Interestingly, I got a "Major Augment" when I combined the Valkyries resulting in an extra +1. I've never seen that before.

First Lucky draw was abysmal. Mostly 3 stars and no 5 stars.

Did a second pull and ended up with a second 1st Fusion Sword plus all 3 stars :(
Really wanted some other 5 star relics

If I pulled a second fusion sword after spending 400 mythril to get my first one I'd be laughing at myself

Noi

I was expecting to go 0/55 and I'm STILL disappointed.

yhQrtUOl.jpeg

I have already have this thing. I have ZERO use for a second one. Jesus h christ. Being able to ++ the White Robe and Ninja Suit aren't making me any less bitter.

I'm seeing a lot of posts that make these these Lucky Draws feel like they are handing out a bunch of dupes. Heck, my first one had a dupe Soul Sabre for Celes and my second had a dupe Valkyrie for Rinoa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom