• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a decent pull today

2x 5*
5x 4* (4 of which I had already so yay combines!)
4x 3* (2 of which I sold, 2 I combined)

My 5 star relics were Shear Trigger and Mace of Zeus. Guess Vivi is gonna get cap broke and become my new main black mage again.

4 stars were Crystal Sword (6), Rune Axe (5), Sledge Hammer (12), Hayate Bow (5) and Swordbreaker (6). I already have 2 maneater++ so that Sword breaker is kind of meh.

Meneses

First pull got me nothing but 3 stars and a couple 4 stars I already had maxed before.

This one got me Sephiroth's One Winged Angel and Ashe's Northswain's Glow, so I was a little bit happier.

Well there's no way today's draw could be better than yesterday's lol

But I got two 5*, both from FF7.. Red's Diamond Pin and Barret's Gatling Gun

Actually, Lunatic High looks really useful, is it worth using Red just because of it? I don't have any other 5* support ready, but I don't have full break either

Yes especially if you don't have your own Wall

Dragner

So after S/L a lot I finally beat the ultimate with full medals...RNG madness, last run they did nothing, a lot of soft physical attacks not many 3 elemental chains and no breaths. Could rush them easily.

Here's one pull that can make a party stronger (relics wise) than parties from some players who have been playing since day 1! That's kind of enough to just skip SSB fest from 1 Lucky Draw pull.

48MZXwS.png

Well there's no way today's draw could be better than yesterday's lol

But I got two 5*, both from FF7.. Red's Diamond Pin and Barret's Gatling Gun

Actually, Lunatic High looks really useful, is it worth using Red just because of it? I don't have any other 5* support ready, but I don't have full break either

Red XIII is an almost permanent fixture in my party because diamond pin means I never have to take protect on a white mage.

Ten refreshes.

Major Power Orbs: 1
Major Non-Elemental Orbs: 4
Major Wind Orbs: 8

I'll shut my dirty fool mouth after this morning's draw and just enjoy the ride, haha.

So, since I have 4 Skycutters, should I make 2 6*s or a 7* and keep a 5*?
Depends on what type of weapon it is and how much matching synergy (physical/magical) you have in that realm.

ultra7k

That ultimate fight...

Brought Blindga/Lifesiphon on Lightning (geared for phys) and hit Thunder Gigas with Blindga pretty regularly no problems. He was blinded the entire fight. Obviously her BSB would heal Thunder Gigas, so I used it when the other two were up and had her just use attacks the rest of the time.

The other two Gigas go down pretty quick IMO, but Thunder Gigas for whatever reason seems to be heartier than the other two.

Mastered with only Lenna dying at the end with medals lost for action/dmg.

DejectedAngel

Neo Member
Help me out guys and gals.

Now that I have Sephiroth and Zidane's SSBs, as well as both Boon and HoTF, where should I pull?

EDIT: What is your strategy for Rosetta Stones? I'm leaning towards pumping them into Zidane's dagger.

I've gotten 0 Gigantuars today. Not sure if I really want to throw more mythril at this phase
I'm averaging about one per stamina bar.

Really, if you have any Mythril for refreshes, they should be used on this one, every Orb on the menu is in SUPER high demand, (even 4★).

MrDaravon

Really, if you have any Mythril for refreshes, they should be used on this one, every Orb on the menu is in SUPER high demand, (even 4★).

Yeah, I'm going ham this phase on refreshes. This phase ends tonight I think right?

Kyari

Now that the Japanese livestream has announced Double Burst Soul Break Festival, how long until Reddit starts telling us to save our mythril for it 6 months from now because all other SB are garbage in comparison?

DejectedAngel

Neo Member
Now that the Japanese livestream has announced Double Burst Soul Break Festival, how long until Reddit starts telling us to save our mythril for it 6 months from now because all other SB are garbage in comparison?

Immediately.

That multiplayer mode looks like it could be hella fun.

WarAdept

My shit tier luck has gotten me 0 Gigantaurs over 11 mithril refreshes. I'm super annoyed. Getting more monk gear from lucky draws and the stress /anticipation of SSB/Tactics isn't helping either. No one lots of people playing right now are getting super mad salty.

MicH

2 mythril later, still no Gigantuars. I swear to god they're more rare now than when they could drop greaters :(

Or I just have terrible luck farming orbs (and great luck when drawing relics)

EDIT Damn, 0 Gigantuars in 11 refreshes is insane. I take everything I said back :p

Man the emperor was a frustrating fight (the mid battle reset in particular as it seemed to remove debuffs and also not bringing banishing strike so no way to negate barrier once I put reflect up to get some hastes to counter the slows) and I fell kind of short of abilities. I think my strategy was pretty shoddy though the emperor was playing shoddily too by spamming haste and barrier. My new medica SB came in great though if I didn't have it I probably would have gone with Lenna AoE regen and bringing a wall RW.

Falk

that puzzling face

Reddit says a lot of shit, but there are some genuinely good posts as well.

Honestly I think a lot of the problems with global mindset is knowing what's coming 5 months in advance before it actually comes - everything from events to features to gear.

So you plan for the best possible outcome, then practical statistics comes and smacks you in the face.

If you're having stress over a slot machine, you should probably just quit.

Welcome to the club.

*fistbump*

Just went back and saw your post. Amazing feeling, no? I was 5/55 (literally 1 relic for every lucky pull) before this, so it was even more surprising when I saw 4 rainbows. I was waiting for the dentist and had to work pretty hard to contain my squealing.

WarAdept

So Maria's SSB 20% magic buff overwrites Edward's Hastemarch 30% magic buff. Stay free FF2.

Yeah unfortunately Lulu's Focus is still the only damn stackable MAG buff in the game. And I believe the upcoming SSB banners is the last time you can pull for it. Another cross against Mage Meta.

Just went back and saw your post. Amazing feeling, no? I was 5/55 (literally 1 relic for every lucky pull) before this, so it was even more surprising when I saw 4 rainbows. I was waiting for the dentist and had to work pretty hard to contain my squealing.
I'm pretty hyped for any 5★, to be honest, but it was nice to get TWO Supers on the cheap after drawing a blanks on every Super Soul Break Banner.

I kind of hate Cloud though, but the permanent stat boost and Burst Mode means he's my boy for now.

Nice! At a total of about 35-40 refreshes this orbfest overall and I still haven't had that happen, odds have to be incredibly low. No idea if it's accurate, but the numbers floating around on reddit for chance of a Gigantaur was like ~3%? That's super lucky!

My luck this orbfest so far hasn't been as good, I'm at about 10 refreshes (away from my PC/notes) and I didn't get a single 5* drop until about 6 or 7 in, but I've gotten 3 or 4 in the last 5 refreshes or so. Still hoping I didn't use up all of my luck last phase >_>

I'm 18 refreshes deep into phase 2 now and just had my second occurrence of 2 Gigantaurs in one battle lol. MNEO and MWO this time. Not quite as good as the last one, but I'll take it.

Ahnez

Cactuar -> Cactuar -> Mini Cactuar

And still, not a single Gigantuar yet..

Also wow, Seph is strong - really strong, I just replaced Cloud (lv 60, Buster Sword and +sword dmg RM) with a lv 40 Sephiroth with the Yoshiyuki, and he is not far behind in terms of physical damage

Cactuar -> Cactuar -> Mini Cactuar

And still, not a single Gigantuar yet..

Also wow, Seph is strong - really strong, I just replaced Cloud (lv 60, Buster Sword and +sword dmg RM) with a lv 40 Sephiroth with the Yoshiyuki, and he is not far behind in terms of physical damage

Level 80 sephiroth has 186 atk, yours will be at 196. Cloud at 80 is 170 atk, so your Sephirot will be waaaaay more powerful. My Jp sephiroth has a base atk of 214, sb, ssb and three star dives maxed.

I forgot that it was the Ice Gigas that needed to be slowed and killed it before using Thancred's AOE Slow. Somehow, despite Tifa dying, I managed to get full medals for actions and damage and still squeaked out the mastery lol. Had a MFO drop for my troubles, too.

c-murph

Yay! I got enough orbs to unlock Full Break and Flare Strike! Now I just need to work on Summon Orbs to get Bahamut~!

What's the better unlock; Meteor or Flare? Also, is Holy worth it?

Kenai

Got Cid spear, Penelo Staff and Amarant claws from pull #2. Nothing amazing but even if I get nothing from #3 this is already better than my last Lucky Draw fest which was full of dupes I already had.

WarAdept

Yay! I got enough orbs to unlock Full Break and Flare Strike! Now I just need to work on Summon Orbs to get Bahamut~!

What's the better unlock; Meteor or Flare? Also, is Holy worth it?

As a general rule, it's not worth it to craft 5* abilities until they're at R2 minimum. 2 charges of Full Break isn't enough to last an Ultimate fight and unless the other equipped ability (usually another breakdown) isn't honed to hell, you're going to have a support doing nothing but auto attacks for a good portion of the battle.

This is especially true of Summons as they only get 1 use per rank. Bahamut needs to be R3 minimum (which is an ungodly amount of orbs) for your Summoner to do something other than twiddle their thumbs. Valefor and Maduin together will make a Summoner effective.

As for Meteor or Flare, depends on your current AoE situation . If you have several high hones of Valeduin, Fire Blossom, etc, then Flare might be better. That being said, it makes your life a lot easier using Meteor than Ruinga.

Alternatively, save the orbs for Darkness Magic.

Holy is trash.

Falk

that puzzling face
There was a point of time Holy was the gimmick you'd end up crafting because you had nothing else to spend the orbs on.

AND THEN OTHER ABILITIES HAPPENED.

Credo

Sigh....two lucky pulls, zero 5*s.

Every time I see a screen full of white looking orbs I want to strangle Mog.

Earlier, I gave in and decided I'd go ahead and try day 2 of the lucky pull even though day 1 was awful. I tapped OK on the "This will use 25 mythril" screen, but it didn't register. After doing that and then seeing your message, I think I'm going to take that as a sign.

c-murph

As a general rule, it's not worth it to craft 5* abilities until they're at R2 minimum. 2 charges of Full Break isn't enough to last an Ultimate fight and unless the other equipped ability (usually another breakdown) isn't honed to hell, you're going to have a support doing nothing but auto attacks for a good portion of the battle.

This is especially true of Summons as they only get 1 use per rank. Bahamut needs to be R3 minimum (which is an ungodly amount of orbs) for your Summoner to do something other than twiddle their thumbs. Valefor and Maduin together will make a Summoner effective.

As for Meteor or Flare, depends on your current AoE situation . If you have several high hones of Valeduin, Fire Blossom, etc, then Flare might be better. That being said, it makes your life a lot easier using Meteor than Ruinga.

Alternatively, save the orbs for Darkness Magic.

Holy is trash.

Ah, Thanks so much for the info.

I'm not going to have enough to craft R2-R3 5* attacks but you gotta start somewhere right?

WarAdept

There was a point of time Holy was the gimmick you'd end up crafting because you had nothing else to spend the orbs on.

AND THEN OTHER ABILITIES HAPPENED.

At least it'll be used for White Magic abyss... Right?

Actually I have thought about crafting Holy, if only to get rid of my pool of White Orbs. They're used in Break Fever... And that's about it?

Entrust doesn't count.

Credo

I went against what I said just over an hour ago and gave in to the temptation. This is what I got. As a relative newbie, I have zero idea if this is good or worthy of being the butt of a joke.

5IhTuLsl.png

I went against what I said just over an hour ago and gave in to the temptation. This is what I got. As a relative newbie, I have zero idea if this is good or worthy of being the butt of a joke.

5IhTuLsl.png

One is a fantastic SSB (Hastaga + Major Regen + Res buff that stacks w/ Shellga / Wall) while the other is the laughing stock of SB relics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom