• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarAdept

Oh man, I actually finally got around to watching the SSB's videos from the 2nd II banner.

Goddamn, I really want Maria's Thunder 16. It looks so brutal.

Noi

Do we know what the bonus on Firion's RM2 is? Kinda wanna know if it's an improvement or the same as Self-sacrifice, only with a Regen rather than Sap.

Inbachi

Neo Member
Earlier, I gave in and decided I'd go ahead and try day 2 of the lucky pull even though day 1 was awful. I tapped OK on the "This will use 25 mythril" screen, but it didn't register. After doing that and then seeing your message, I think I'm going to take that as a sign.

I went against what I said just over an hour ago and gave in to the temptation. This is what I got. As a relative newbie, I have zero idea if this is good or worthy of being the butt of a joke.

I hate you.

Congrats!

Balphon

Do we know what the bonus on Firion's RM2 is? Kinda wanna know if it's an improvement or the same as Self-sacrifice, only with a Regen rather than Sap.

It's the same (10% ATK/DEF).

Bard's RM3 is Dragoon's Determination with regen, but we're a ways away from that.

Kain

I was checking future events and stuff and I reached the conclusion that I'm not going to plan nothing ahead, so the moment I get the MC2s crystals I'm going to break the level caps of Sephi, Zack and Gilgamesh, my favorite chars. Fuck the police.

Grzi

pzGsXbm.jpg

Well, at least I got a boostga. It's for Penelo, but what are you gonna do.

How much does it raise attack? 35%?

Kain

A Josef weapon, a fucking Josef weapon... the actual SB seems nice, so I guess I'll level him up, sigh....

And Auron's SB is nothing special but I was planning to level him up anyway and the next event is FFX, so nice.

PS: Also kudos for the two XII 4* weapons. As if I had not enough XII synergy with my 6* Danjuro lol

Finished with these fucking lucky draws: a great 1/33, with the awesome Amarant gloves as my only relic.

Salt is overflowing, according to mathcraft 93% of people had better luck.

I still have 450 mythri to waste between SSBanners and Tactics, with more chances to be sorely disappointed and maybe finally delete this shit.
And then reinstalling...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yet another shitty night of RNG. lol The only thing I got was a Leon sword, which I guess helps with Cloud and retameta'ing through FF2 stuff but man... I must be the only person playing the game with a 7* Sentinel Grimoire.

I got nothing this Lucky Draw either. This is why I spend on mithril refreshes.
I still wish I could just buy the orbs because it's boring just mashing the Ruinaga button for an hour.

Razmos

Got Lightning's Blazefire Saber for the last draw, really happy about that. Wanted it for ages :p

So far I've gotten at least one relic for every single lucky draw, yay

And the third lucky draw leaves me with.....

10660110_10154676926758989_2807604623846920313_n.jpg

Is that shield any good? Overall went 3/33 on em. Overall, nothing game changing. However, I feel like I definitely wasted 75 mythril on these. Oh well!

3/33 overall.

Day One: Healer Staff (II) - Minwu SSB
Day Two: Last Judgment Grimoire - Tyro SSB
Day Three: Killer Bow (XII) - Fran SB

Healer Staff my favourite of the bunch for sure. Genuinely a really good SB, the instant cast being a game changer. Supposedly its an instant cast when called as a RW also! Will have an immediate synergy effect for current Event too.
As i wrote previously i don't use Tyro so this SSB would have been better in the hands of someone else. I'll hang on to it, but the least useful for me personally.
Killer Bow is nice. Its my first natural 5* bow, and gives me a solid support option for XII too.

So whilst nothing crazy, i'm happy with what i got.

LucaMac

YEEEEES!!! Tyrus on the lucky draw. SG would have been prefered of course but a wall at last for my global team. If I run mog with heroic harmony alongside Ystola I'll be invincible!!! (Just won't have any damage output.)

Balphon

Is that shield any good? Overall went 3/33 on em. Overall, nothing game changing. However, I feel like I definitely wasted 75 mythril on these. Oh well!

The RES buff is pretty nice for magic-heavy stuff and Rikku is a good thief. However, I think JP is just now getting her MC2 so she may lag behind for you.

EDIT: All that is apart from the obvious fact that it's a boostga.

Grzi

I'm pretty happy with this pull.

IX is my favorite FF so it's nice to have a weapon for Zidane, and I got my first real Medica with a 30% boostga attached. Not bad. Still no hastega, but who knows, there's plenty banners to come. Hopefully we get the 50 mythril though.

The theme of these Lucky Draws for me was "here's some mid-level FFVII stuff". The Needle Fork and All-Rounder are pretty cool I think though, and I'm glad to have a Blitzball for Jecht now. (My first 5* spear too.)

The RES buff is pretty nice for magic-heavy stuff and Rikku is a good thief. However, I think JP is just now getting her MC2 so she may lag behind for you.

EDIT: All that is apart from the obvious fact that it's a boostga.

I acquired Tifas boostga which I've read is 35%. Just googled this targe for Rikku and read it grants 30% party attack but has the added res as well. Could come in handy some day I suppose.

Vilifier

Neo Member
Finally have a SB for a summoner, drew Garnet's Asura's Rod. I am hoping to craft and hone Bahamut after the summon orbs phase, so this works out really well for me. Also got Freya's Partisan.

I really need a medica relic, and I will have several chances during the fest and FFT banners.

YEEEEES!!! Tyrus on the lucky draw. SG would have been prefered of course but a wall at last for my global team. If I run mog with heroic harmony alongside Ystola I'll be invincible!!! (Just won't have any damage output.)

Nice. That's one of the most important relics you could get imo

I got a 5* bringing me to 4/33 (see:How Likely Your Lucky Draws Are)...the 5* is a morning star...just like the one I got yesterday. I couldn't help but laugh. Thus lucky draws ended on dupes and I already mastered the SB so no combining for faster mastery (and besides it's mag is pretty sweet under FFVIII RS).

Morning Star being a proper AoE heal (no more stupid weak-ass celebration book) which is game changing for me but I can't shake off there being better things in that niche now (so there is no point me changing RW as I'll still get 0-400G).

Finally have a SB for a summoner, drew Garnet's Asura's Rod. I am hoping to craft and hone Bahamut after the summon orbs phase, so this works out really well for me.
That's got me thinking. Alexander also benefits from that rod. I don't know by how much though.

Grzi

I just realized Penelo can use Dancer abilities. Can I use them on the Gigas Trio or are they immune to them? Lowering their attack could help.

Falk

that puzzling face
Unless specifically stated (e.g. counter BLM abilities, reacts to jumps, etc) I don't think school matters. It's a VIT0, so if the boss resists breaks, it resists dances. If a boss is immune to them, it ignores them.

edit: Man, with the distance of a few months I forget VIT0 means something different in FFRK context. I meant stat debuff. Breaks, breakdowns, etc.

Kain

In the end it's been 5/33, no SSB but the SBs are not bad. Now I have 7 mytrhil left that allows me to do basically nothing unless they give away 50 tomorrow xD

Even so, with those 50 I will pull one gem and one 5 pull in every banner and then I'll spend all I have in 5th one because of Gilgamesh's SSB. Wish me luck, brahs, I'll need it.

Chucker

Jumped back in after months of not playing since my 7 month old is up with a fever, yay!

Pulled the Lucky Relic the other day and Today since my phone bugged me. Just stamina farming now, doing the orb dungeons when I can.

Is there a decent team I should be using? None of my characters are at 50 yet, but several are near.

LucaMac

Nice. That's one of the most important relics you could get imo

Cheers. Yea I was going to drop all my remaining mythril on banner 5 for SG and ignore tactics as Id see having a wall as more important. It allows variety with roaming warriors instead of having to rely on walls for ultimates to actually survive. Of course, now I'll just keep summoning scream instead. No need to have my own one. It will stack lovely with my hand of the emperor.

4/33 overall.

Day One: Steiner's first sword
Day Two: Sazh's Boon Guns
Day Three: Another Sazh Boon Gun, Kain's first lance.

Not ideal, all low level SBs, but my 4/13 synergy isn't brilliant, so I'll take it!

Kyari

Jumped back in after months of not playing since my 7 month old is up with a fever, yay!

Pulled the Lucky Relic the other day and Today since my phone bugged me. Just stamina farming now, doing the orb dungeons when I can.

Is there a decent team I should be using? None of my characters are at 50 yet, but several are near.

The most important team to use is whoever your favourites are.

Got Selphie's Crescent Wish!

Ranking of acquired relics:
Quistis SSB Red Scorpion
Selphie SSB Crescent Wish
Kain Gungnir-strong weapon in a low synergy realm, only have his 2 lances as offensive relics, Kain will actually hit the battlefield for me unlike the next guy
Reno-Telescopic baton: best mag weapon for me in VII
Lenna Power Staff-not a useful sb for my party make up (I have Tifa's boostga) and stats wise only useful as a second wm or 3rd bm in V. The only dud draw, but that is because my V synergy is all Mag (2 shared sb rods with slightly higher mag than this new staff) and Mnd (5++ Judgment Staff-with rs my Jstaff has 252 mnd to this staff's 207)

So. 5/33 with 2 high tier ssbs, 2 useful in their realms as stat sticks and 1 dud. I don't know if this changes my pulling strategy for the ssb fest, 100/0/0/0/100 mythril, because I have a glaring lack of offensive sbs that was not addressed in these pulls.

Also, 1st world problems, I have no idea how I can fit Selphie, Quistis, and Yshtola into a party at the same time. Need to pull the sentinel grimoire and dump Yshtola! I think my ideal party is probably going to be atk Tifa (flaming arrow) Sazh (Boon) Selphie Healer Ystola breakdown/protecga/diaga and leave quistis on the bench.

Dragner

Selphie SSB is the best heal in the game, congrats, I have it and its game changer.

To your problem...dump yshtola and RW wall?. Or use yshtola as support without FB.

Right. I think rw'g a wall sounds like a good plan. I can run Sazh Quistis and Selphie that way and have healing covered nicely, two shellga sbs and selphie with protectga. That sounds pretty stout, just need some power at the front end of the lineup. Come on Bartz tomorrow.

GordonShumway

Neo Member
Ended up 4/33 on lucky draws with the nice theme of group heals. Three different group heal SBs! (One of which I already had). Also, a secondary theme of FF XIV.

Rosa's Elven Bow
Y'shtola's Healer's Robe
Minwu's Healing Staff (first SSB!)
Thancred's Ninja Chainmail (just need his dagger and I'll have all four FF XIV 5*s)

Question about the upcoming abyss dungeons.

They sound like the most difficult end game dungeons in all of record keeper. Are they around for a limited time like events? Or do they become a standard thing that's always available like the realm dungeons?

Because man, reading about these things in the Japanese version has me thinking you need the best of the best relics / abilities possible to conquer them.

Question about the upcoming abyss dungeons.

They sound like the most difficult end game dungeons in all of record keeper. Are they around for a limited time like events? Or do they become a standard thing that's always available like the realm dungeons?

Because man, reading about these things in the Japanese version has me thinking you need the best of the best relics / abilities possible to conquer them.

My understanding of them:

• Are available for 2 weeks
  • When a new one arrives, you can repeat the older one
  • Specific synergy bonuses (first one is for characters with Black Magic 5).
I'm not too worried about the first one.

Kain

Personally I won't complain much, I went from no native wall to a poor man's one with Leila (crappy char but oh well, at least she can Tempo Flurry), that gives me more room for the healer (I only have to bring Protectga which ExDeath or Beatrix can cast anyway) and I have a Boostga with awesome Joseph now!

It's lame, but it's way better than what I had.

I still lack native medica (well, I do have Earthmend or whatever from the Gaia gears in V and VI), though.

As I said, It's way better than what I had before, I hope I have some more luck with the SSB fest. My dream is to get Garnet's staff so I can use her instead of Leila.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom