• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

Got 10 3* and 1 4* today lol. The 4* was a FFXIII staff which is potentially neat since I don't have any staffs from that realm, but I'll need another one to make it a 4+ to potentially beat out anything I already have. Slightly disappointed but had good luck the last two days so can't really be upset overall, went 5/33 overall.

My understanding of them:
I
  • Are available for 2 weeks
  • When a new one arrives, you can repeat the older one
  • Specific synergy bonuses (first one is for characters with Black Magic 5).
I'm not too worried about the first one.

What do you mean they're available for two weeks, yet you can repeat the older one? Isn't that contradicting? Is there a new one every week or something?

They're just synergy bonuses? I thought you were forced to, for example, only use black mages in the black mage abyss dungeon. Which meant you need a full team of decked out mages with their relics and abilities honed.

Grzi

What do you mean they're available for two weeks, yet you can repeat the older one? Is there a new one every week or something?

They're just synergy bonuses? I thought you were forced to, for example, only use black mages in the black mage abyss dungeon. Which meant you need a full team of decked out mages with their relics and abilities honed.

They're here for two weeks once a month. Every month we get a new one but you can access the old one as well if you didn't complete it.

You don't need to use black mages exclusively, but some bosses do counter physical atracks and stuff like that.

MicH

What do you mean they're available for two weeks, yet you can repeat the older one? Isn't that contradicting? Is there a new one every week or something?

They're available for like 10 days at a time. The Nightmare dungeon then closes until a new one comes out a month later. When a new one us released all the previously released ones become available again.

In the upcoming one all units with Black Magic 5 gets synergy (as do whatever equipment they have on). You can still use any character you want, but they won't get synergy if they don't gave BLM 5

Yeah, I had a look up on KBP just now to refresh my memory and, for the Ultima Buster in the first Nightmare dungeon it has this counter:

Death (Counter): KO one target (trigger: physical attacks)

Noi

0/11 on day one, 1dupe/11 on day 2. Let's see if leaving the pull for the morning rather than night changed anything.

IM3aQRLl.jpeg

I could say a lot of things, some of which may involve getting ANOTHER dupe mage thrower and a weaker SB for a character whom I already own a better relic for, but I'll just stick with "at least it's something" just to not get too bitter. 2dupe,1Rosettaoncemastered/33.

They're available for like 10 days at a time. The Nightmare dungeon then closes until a new one comes out a month later. When a new one us released all the previously released ones become available again.

In the upcoming one all units with Black Magic 5 gets synergy (as do whatever equipment they have on). You can still use any character you want, but they won't get synergy if they don't gave BLM 5

Damn so regardless of what's equipped the equipment stats are as if they have a realm bonus? That's reason enough to go with all users of Black Magic 5.

So does this mean there's also never a rush to beat any of these? We can't miss out on rewards if they are always coming back?

greyshark

Day 1 - Balthier's Capella
Day 2 - Yuna's SSB and Fang's Glaive
Day 3 - Nothing

2x Physical blink, strong spear, and an SSB - I'll take it!

MrDaravon

Assuming reddit is melting down about no free 50 mythril? If we are getting it wouldn't it be tomorrow on the actual anniversary date anyway?

Noi

Just to be specific on Nightmare dungeons:

There's four dungeons to beat in each set, each with their own, normal, realm synergy. These can be tackled in any order, though they have increasing difficulty and rewards (hello empty MC2).

Once you beat all four dungeons, you open up the 5th last one which has that whole shindig's gimmick fight (Ultima Buster) and has the funky "everyone with rank 5 of x ability gets synergy for themselves and everything they have equipped" nightmare synergy.

These aren't temporary events like the ones we normally get. Think of them like daily dungeons; we don't have acess to them every day, but our progress inside of it is saved the next time it becomes available. Only rather than once a week, it's once a month, with every month adding a new Nightmare dungeon.

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
I got a pretty incredible Lucky Pull today. This leaves me at 6/33 for this set and 12/88 overall. I have much better physical VI synergy, a good IX sword and another Silver Barrette.

xfllTx2.png

Just to be specific on Nightmare dungeons:

There's four dungeons to beat in each set, each with their own, normal, realm synergy. These can be tackled in any order, though they have increasing difficulty and rewards (hello empty MC2).

Once you beat all four dungeons, you open up the 5th last one which has that whole shindig's gimmick fight (Ultima Buster) and has the funky "everyone with rank 5 of x ability gets synergy for themselves and everything they have equipped" nightmare synergy.

These aren't temporary events like the ones we normally get. Think of them like daily dungeons; we don't have acess to them every day, but our progress inside of it is saved the next time it becomes available. Only rather than once a week, it's once a month, with every month adding a new Nightmare dungeon.

Thanks for clearing all that up

Jarekx

So I got a 2nd Binding Rod, 2nd Loxley Bow, and Maduin's Horn. Game really wanting me to use Terra more (got her Minverva Bustier in the first Anniversary Lucky Draw). Didn't get anything yesterday but I can't really complain getting 2 SSB on Lucky Draws.

Laguna came to my rescue today by saving my Lucky Draw with his SSB! My first gun and my VIII synergy is abysmal. I think that if I don't get any good SSB during the fest, I will Rosetta Stone his Submachine Gun.

Also got Edgar's Drill. Bring on physical heavy enemies so I stack def boost from SG, HotE and the drill!

3/33 overall. Under expected statistics but a ssb changes things.

Credo

Just did the last lucky pull. I saw three 5-star orbs appear and immediately got excited, then I saw what they were.....Galuf's Kaiser Knuckles, Kimahri's Dusk Lance, and Tyro's Sentinel's Grimoire.

Feels bad.

Day One: Lightning's Corps Field Uniform (FFXIII)
Day Two: Beatrix's Thunder Gloves (FFIX) and a second Diamond Pin for Red
Day Three: Quistis' Whi-- oh, it's the Maser Eye One; a second Buster Sword; and the Lullaby Rod!

3/3 Trinity achieved! And some weird armor relics!

Jarekx

Just did the last lucky pull. I saw three 5-star orbs appear and immediately got excited, then I saw what they were.....Galuf's Kaiser Knuckles, Kimahri's Dusk Lance, and Tyro's Sentinel's Grimoire.

Feels bad.

You got one of the best relics in the game.

Even if you had it books get some good synergy bonus with Tyro in the Nightmare/Abyss dungeons that are coming up.

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
holy shit

now you'll see the rest of your pull luck plummet

I did a three pull on Minuw's banner and got garbage so it's starting already

Someone went all in with that itunes 20% discount.

That would be correct. I try to snatch iTunes Gift Cards when they go on sale since I have a good chunk of subscriptions. Of course it's all just a excuse to whale when a great banner comes along.

Credo

I just started playing again about a month ago for the first time since a few weeks after the game released, so I know virtually nothing about anything :p

You got one of the best relics in the game.

Even if you had it books get some good synergy bonus with Tyro in the Nightmare/Abyss dungeons that are coming up.

Well that's good to know. It's a shame I'm not at the level of being able to do nightmare/abyss stuff though.

Noi

Currently deliberating on whether to refresh some more on this orbfest phase, but I think I'm deciding against it. I dunno if its just RNG being RNG, but I got significantly more Gigantuar spawns in phase 1 with like,5-8 refreshes than I have in phase 2 with 15+.

Feels bad.

Sentinel's Grimoire is one of the most sought-after relics in the game. I'd trade all three of my lucky draws for yours in a heartbeat.

Pejo

Got Buttz's Lupine Barrage sword today, my only 5* on the last lucky pull. Overall I went 2/33 for relics, which isn't great. I would have been further ahead saving the mythril, but that's gatcha for you.

I'm most excited for when the orbs change to Ice so I can FINALLY create full break. I doubt I'll get lucky enough with the giant cactuars to be able to hone it though, bummer.

DejectedAngel

Neo Member
Today I got another Gold Barrette, another Kotetsu, Ninja Chainmail (XIV) and Zwill Crossblade. I went ahead and combined the Barrettes, since the situations where RedXIII and Tyro will be in the party at the same time are pretty much nonexistant.

Jyrii

Banned
I just got a second SG, Ultima Sword and Lullaby Rod fron the lucky draw.

Last two draws before were Gatling gun and no 5*

I got 4 5*s today, leaving me at 7/33. I also received my first SSB.

Two of the eight were dupes. However, they were dupes that made good 5*+s, so I'm happy about that.

Final list:
Celes's Soul Sabre (Runic Blade) [Dupe]
Rinoa's Valkyrie (Angel Wings Bolt) [Dupe]
Sephiroth's Masamune (Hell's Gate)
Cecil's Lustrous Sword (Saint's Fall SSB)
Cid's Trident (Dynamite)
Krile's Magus Rod (Wind Drake's Roar)
Reno's Goggles (Pyramid)

Well I pulled the Full Metal Rod and finally got my first SSB. Yuna has been a main stay in my Ultimate team as a summoner with HotF so the new SB and extra magic are very useful. Ended up 4/33 so I'm pretty satisfied.

andraia

Neo Member
Ended up 5/33, and while none of them would have been top picks if I had my choice, I'm happy enough with the results, especially Yuna's SSB.

Penelo's Judicer's Staff (War Dance)
Rinoa's Valkyrie (Angel Wing Bolt)
Yuna's SSB Full Metal Rod (Dragon's Roar)
Kimahri's Dusk Lance (Mighty Guard (X))
Barret's Gatling Gun (Grenade Bomb)

Now to try to not spend any mythril until the SSB fest banner 5...

Negator

I was going to pull on Banner 1 but now that I have Yoshiyuki it seems a lot less attractive. Banner 5 it is.

I'll wait until after the fest is over to go nuts with the Rosetta Stones.

Final haul was from the 3 draws were:
Machine Gun (Laguna)
Red Scorpion (Quistis)
Darts (Setzer) (why is this an exclusive weapon type..?)
Pole axe (Cid)
Soul Sabre (Celes)

Overall pretty good pulls, though this kind of brings me at a bit of crossroads. To use a character that I dislike from a game I dislike for the SSB.

Xetherion

Wow, today's Lucky Draw was my best 11 pull ever in terms of # of 5* and 4* items. Got three 5*, SIX 4*, and two 3*. And it was half price!

Got Kain's Bloodlance, Edgar's Partisan, and Eiko's Hypnocrown. Especially happy about Eiko's as I finally have a magic source for Wind damage. No more need to bring Aerora Strike for those damn target scores against bosses that are vulnerable to Sleep!

The 4* items were my 2nd Cat Claws (II), 2nd Sledgehammer (XII), 2nd Thornlet (V), 1st and 2nd Bright Armguard (X), and a 4th Swordbreaker (VI). Other than the Swordbreaker which i sold, all of them were good pulls, especially the Cat Claws for when i finally do the Minwu event.

Overall i went 7/33, and none of them were dupes which is amazing.

LucaMac

Final haul was from the 3 draws were:
Machine Gun (Laguna)
Red Scorpion (Quistis)
Darts (Setzer) (why is this an exclusive weapon type..?)
Pole axe (Cid)
Soul Sabre (Celes)

Overall pretty good pulls, though this kind of brings me at a bit of crossroads. To use a character that I dislike from a game I dislike for the SSB.

Have the darts in Japan and Wakka can definitely equip them, so not sure if it's counted as thrown despite the visual difference or if Wakka just spends a lot of time in the pub...

ultra7k

Was debating on whether to pull or not, but I said what the heck and went for it.

3/33 so far.

First day, no 5* relics.
Second day, Gold Barrette
Third day, Orichalcum and Full Metal Rod.

Didn't really need the VII/IX synergy, but the X rod is great since I was seriously lacking in MAG syn for that realm!

Dreavus

Struck out on my last lucky pull, I am 5/33 though so definitely no complaints, but no huge pulls either. I did get a weapon for Yuna and Aerith so I should be able to start using a proper healer instead of just Mog + christmas rod.

Have the darts in Japan and Wakka can definitely equip them, so not sure if it's counted as thrown despite the visual difference or if Wakka just spends a lot of time in the pub...

I'm guessing they changed it to thrown later since the Equipable Heroes tab is only showing Setzer and Tyro at the moment.

Valus

Got Seifers Coat and Balthiers Ras w/e gun.

5/33 overall, no SSBs. Not gonna complain, got 600 mythril left for FFT/SSB fest. Bring it on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom