• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

yasu151

Not much luck on the lucky draws, with one exception; I drew Sentinals Grimoire yesterday evening. Does this mean Tryo has earned a more or less permanent place against ultimates? For as long as I can remember I've selected SG with as a roaming warrior, and having that lifted means i can instead select a group heal/haste roaming warrior instead. (i do not have either group heal or group haste soulbreaks yet.)

I got a second Wyrmfang and Locke's Phoenix boomerang, I already had another one of his Soul Break weapons so I guess he's getting level cap broken tomorrow. The rest of today's pull was 3 stars, most of which I sold.

I ended up 6/33 with 1 BSB and 5 new SB in total. Overall not too bad and I still have about 220ish mythril left.

Not much luck on the lucky draws, with one exception; I drew Sentinals Grimoire yesterday evening. Does this mean Tryo has earned a more or less permanent place against ultimates? For as long as I can remember I've selected SG with as a roaming warrior, and having that lifted means i can instead select a group heal/haste roaming warrior instead. (i do not have either group heal or group haste soulbreaks yet.)

Pretty much.

0hhf7jLl.jpg

Not too shabby!

Kyari

Pretty much yeah. Especially paired with his or Cloud's RM3.

A custom sprite helps ease the burden of him being such a loser too.

depending on how things shake out for me with the banners, I may save 50 and drop it on the FFX-2 second banner, it should be up for a day or two after the tactics event starts. I have Aurons riot blade in the JP game and it is a spectacular one target sb.

Dragner

depending on how things shake out for me with the banners, I may save 50 and drop it on the FFX-2 second banner, it should be up for a day or two after the tactics event starts. I have Aurons riot blade in the JP game and it is a spectacular one target sb.

yeah I want it too, but the weapon comes back a bit later so no rush.

Air knife and cypress rod any good other than as synergy weapon?
Bartz Air Knife? I got it back during the first Bartz event, its solid and will reliable hit over 9999 between the two hits. Obviously there are stronger options now, but its a great option for FF5 realms and the animation is sweet!

Phase 2 is over for me now (as in I'm off to bed). Results (3/4/5).
Pow: 434/64/2
Wnd: 484/64/10
NEl: 459/40/9

I don't know what happened regarding the MPO. For reference I spent 20 Mythril on refreshes.
Edit: Of course, that doesn't include the completion bonuses.

I've had complete garbage luck with this phase very few 4*s maybe 2 5* drops almost all 3*s even with like 5 refreshes.

Edit: Bitch on gaf, do one good will refresh, get 2 greater one major in one fight

MrDaravon

Stopping now on Phase 2 since I hit an even 50 mythril refreshes which was my goal, don't judge :p. Here are my many many gains, like last time the orb totals also include the Mastery rewards, I just looked at what I had when the phase started and what I ended at.

Orbfest Phase Two Totals (50 refreshes, ~50 stamina wasted overall)
-----
3* Power - 45 -> 1004
4* Power - 74 -> 181
5* Power - 20 -> 27

3* Non-Elemental - 113 -> 1085
4* Non-Elemental - 105 -> 226
5* Non-Elemental - 11 -> 28

3* Wind - 45 -> 989
4* Wind - 56 -> 193
5* Wind - 18 -> 30

Leveling
-----
-Leveled the last 20 non-core characters I had from 1-50
-Leveled the last 15 core characters I had from 1-50
-Leveled Celes from 52 to 65
-Leveled Rinoa, Lulu, Hope, Cecil, Fran, Lightning, Vanille and Galuf from 50 to 65
-Leveled Wakka from 59 to 65

Current leveling party is Reno, Selphie, Steiner, Warrior of Light and Shadow, all of whom are in the 55-60 range. Selphie, Steiner & WoL are the last 3 characters I have MC2's for that I haven't broken yet, so I'm starting to work on characters that either have MC2s coming up in the near future (Reno & Shadow) or characters that have MC2s in the HoR that I don't have so I can have them ready to go (which I think is ~7-8 characters for me personally, I missed several from when I started playing late last year).

Ultimately? No regrets! I now have every single character in the game at level 50 at the bare minimum, and by the time orbfest is over I will probably have everyone at 65 that can be, or at the least everyone who has MC2s available or will in the near future. For me personally trading what is essentially one 11-pull to get all of this done on top of all of the orbs was 100% worth it no questions asked. I will be doing some refreshes and phases 3 and 4 as well, but definitely not as much as this phase, probably more around 20ish like I did phase one. Kinda disappointed I didn't wind up with more 5* Power drops but what can you do? I'll still be sitting at like ~270 mythril assuming we get the 50 mythril tomorrow, and if not whatever, if I need to do a gem pull or two on FFT I'm totally okay with that for the tradeoffs I'm getting here.

Time to finally do the FF2 event lol. Totally unrelated question: RS gives a character the equivalent of 10 levels of stats I believe correct? So let's say if I have Maria at 65 in FF2, she's still not going to be as good as say Terra at level 80 correct? Ignoring any glaring stat differences between the two characters in question?

Noi

I used ~ 20 mythril on phase 2. I'll probably spend only like 5 on phase 3, then another 20 on phase 4 for those delicious limited summon orbs.

Lord Bahamut demands tribute.

I guess it's over.

Twenty refreshes.

Major Power Orbs: 3
Major Non-Elemental Orbs: 6
Major Wind Orbs: 11

That's a little frustrating, but Major Power Orbs are pretty common in events, so whatever.

By the way, I just got three rounds of Mini Cactus, 189960 EXP.

Vincent event, so 3-4 weeks.
Excellent.

Did pretty good this phase.

5 Major Power Orbs
2 Major Non-Elemental Orbs
3 Major Wind Orbs

4 Mythril refreshes. (I was going to do more, but I need to be frugal again, and I think 5 MPO is a good turnout.)

Falk

that puzzling face
All I get is FFXII gear. Why does FFXII need 3 different 3-star spears? Why do I need to keep getting those 3-star FFXII spears when I already have a 4-star FFXII spear and a 5-star??

At the start of the FFRK service, it felt like they needed a 'default set' of items without any RS, just to make RS gear look better. I guess they picked FFXII since that game 1) wasn't in FFRK at launch for quite some time 2) had a crapton of items.

3★ XII items are the only ones that might irritate me.

And yet I'm holding on to a ton of them for some reason.

I have a 4★++ staff, but I'm holding on to a bunch of the 3★ staves (there's probably eight of them).

And why do staves add elemental bonuses?

Only did 20 refreshes instead of my initial plan to do 50.
Totals after orb conversion, excluding the first time rewards and orbs from the FF2 event:
18 MPO
21 MNEO
20 MWO

It's going to take longer than planned to get Theif's Revenge and Saint's Cross to r3, but r2 should be fine anyways. I've taken r2 Barrage on a few ultimates and haven't had an issue with the limited uses.

Seems like DeNA fucked up and "downgraded" banner 1. Yuna SSB became Yuna Lullaby Rod.

Sweet downgrade.

Yup! I am considering one more pull on it now. I got Laguna's Machine Gun today and I would be really upset to get a double of it as the only good drop from phase 3. I really want Maduin's Horn but the Banner 1 looks even better now with the Rod. However, it might just be an error from their website.

Noi

Was that today? Well fuck. lol

Edit: are people trying to get Thiefs Revenge up because of Scream meta?

It's a much stronger Steal HP that can hit up to 5 times. It'd be really strong on its own, let alone under the 50% atk boost from scream.

c-murph

3* Power - 13 -> 267
4* Power - 04 -> 34
5* Power - 09 -> 13

3* Non-Elemental - 113 -> 370
4* Non-Elemental - 007 -> 046
5* Non-Elemental - 002 -> 008

3* Wind - 10 -> 232
4* Wind - 09 -> 036
5* Wind - 05 -> 011

My totals with 2 refills.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's a much stronger Steal HP that can hit up to 5 times. It'd be really strong on its own, let alone under the 50% atk boost from scream.
I guess I just don't use thief that much, but I can see it being useful in parties where you don't need mages.

MrDaravon

Man, I was already waffling on what I was gonna do for banner one, them swapping out Yuna's SSB to the Lullaby Rod which I already have doesn't help in that regard, other than potentially saving me mythril lol. The Lullaby Rod is pretty good if you don't have a native medica I guess but I already have one with a couple other things on the banner, and I don't actively use anyone on there. Hm.

RS gives a character the equivalent of 10 levels of stats I believe correct? So let's say if I have Maria at 65 in FF2, she's still not going to be as good as say Terra at level 80 correct? Ignoring any glaring stat differences between the two characters in question?

Anyone? This is relevant for the first time for me now that I have a chunk of people at 65 as opposed to one core group at 75+.

fep

6/33

Sasuke
Lullaby Rod
Morning Star
Telescopic Baton
Airwing
Reno's Goggles

No SSB yet and nothing amazing, but I can't complain. Lullaby Rod solidifies Yuna as my main healer and stacks my already awesome FFX synergy.

Game really wants me to use Reno!

Falk

that puzzling face
heds up:

There's a 10.5% chance of 0 SSBs with 5 x 11 pulls.

GOD SPEED

edit: Considering 4% chance per pull, the median for 55 pulls is roughly 2.2 SSBs.

Inbachi

Neo Member
I pulled ViVi's staff that does a poison double cast or whatever from my last lucky draw so I didn't get skunked at least.

ETA:
I randomly found and used your RW, Falk. At least I think it was you. The little message people write under their character had "Falk" in it but I closed it too fast (muscle memory clicking on the spot to close that pop-up) to read the whole thing.

Noi

Managed to beat Gigas Ultimate in only one S/L with this party, no Wall included... which would have gone splendidly had Tempo Flurry proc'd in any of the the 5-6 times I hit the Frost Giant with it, costing me the Mastery. I even risked death and let it live one more turn than I needed to just to hit it an extra time. God I hate RNG.

Grzi

Those banners look great. Better start sitting on your mythril for six months, since the ones we're getting in three months don't look as good!
Beatrix BSB pls ;___;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom