• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarAdept

My results from Phase 2.

2016-03-25%2021.39.37_zpspdvbtn55.jpg

Aaaaaand R3 Thief's Revenge! I'm ready for you Saint's Cross!

Screenshot_2016-03-25-21-42-44_zpskogq5oyo.png

Grzi

Spent all my MLOs on R2 Full Break.

Forgot I needed them for Thief's Revenge, or else I'd do more refreshes. Oh well, I guess it'll have to wait.

MicH

Not sure I want to craft Thief's Revenge just yet. I don't have any relics for thieves, and I think only Locke can get all 5 hits at the moment.

Dragner

Im not in a hurry for thiefs revenge. I wont pull for locke SSB so I wont be using him, in the future I will hone it for sure. My priority is saint cross over thief revenge.

Grzi

Yeah, I'll probably wait for Zidane's MC2 since I got his Exploda Relic. Not the greatest SB but it seems ok.

But maybe I'll get Valiant Knife on my 100 gem pull lol. One can hope right?

MicH

Lots of goodies
Yesssssss! I take everything I said about us probably not getting this back! I need FFX synergy too, so that's nice.

Aldo I can't believe it's been a year already. No doubt the best mobile game I've played (and the only one ice played every damn day for a year!)

Kain

Cool, so I'll spend 100 gems and 5 mythril in each banner until the fifth where I'll go all in. I need Gilgamesh's and Lightning SSB, damn it.

WarAdept

And done! Josef was surprisingly doing a staggering amount of damage with Avalanche and Kick spam. Theif's Revenge is amazing. Despite only doing 4 hits, Leila was hitting for 16k per cast (with only a 1.65sec cast time!) and taking the heat of Eiko by healing herself to full every time.

2016-03-25%2023.09.35_zpsnitcivbb.jpg

Im not in a hurry for thiefs revenge. I wont pull for locke SSB so I wont be using him, in the future I will hone it for sure. My priority is saint cross over thief revenge.

Yeah if only given the choice between a high honed Theif's Revenge and Saint's Cross, I highly encourage Saint's Cross. But I'm in a good position that I can make both at R3 immediately as they are released.

Thankfully Full Charge isn't for another 4 months. Plenty of time to work on Wind Orbs again.

Chucker

Just got the date change, and all of the goodies!

Excellent.

Edit: I still have my Beginner's Choice Lucky 11+1 available. Which should be my guaranteed?

The Celebration Dagger has 104 ATK at max lvl without synergy. Not bad!

Surprisingly competent! 182 atk with synergy. Have 3 swords and a katana for x, this dagger will actually be useful to bring in tifa for flame arrow.

Edit same atk as the zorlin dagger for ix, so definitely a real relic not a 4.5

Hurray for the 50 free mythril! At least now we've all broken even after the three lucky banners. Tonight's the night that everyone has been waiting months for...I hope the celebration banners yield some great results for us.

I'm also kind of obsessed with how many characters I've managed to level up thanks to orb fest. I'm addicted.

Grzi

Things turned out better than I had hoped. Originally I intended doing only single pulls on the anniversary banners and one 50 mythril pull on the Tactics banner.
But now it seems I might be able to do all of the single pulls, plus a 50 mythril pull on banner 5 and Tactics.

Not bad.

Just got the date change, and all of the goodies!

Excellent.

Edit: I still have my Beginner's Choice Lucky 11+1 available. Which should be my guaranteed?

Do you have sentinels grimoire? If not, I'd consider the storm lance grimoire for tyro, it hits like a truck particularly on lightning weak bosses.

Edit I see you chose turf in, an excellent choice as well!

The Gigas Trio is no joke, but after some tedious S/L, finally got it Mastered.

I have so much FFX melee gear now. Two knives, a sword, a katana and a blitzball. (Plus Lulu's hairpin.)

Well, that free dagger helped me decide whether or not to combine my extra Lightning Steel.

My physical synergy for X is pretty crazy now.

The Anniversary site has been updated with some staff messages, and apparently we might get extra rewards from the Fortune Egg campaign because it was so successful.

I have 2 Yuna rods, a 6* Tidus sword, Auron's Katana and now this dagger lol
I just want something for Yuna and Jecht, and hopefully Lulu's SSB, then I'll feel pretty confident with my FFX synergy for the foreseeable future.

Falk

that puzzling face
Hahaha wow, I thought bringing AOE blind would be a good idea.

Nope. Should have stuck with Blindga.

Already had to savescum two times so far because Kefka can't stab someone in the eye, even while literally having everyone defend and Kefka autoattack to build gauge for another Havoc Wing. (Thunder Gigas left at 10%)

Noi

Hahaha wow, I thought bringing AOE blind would be a good idea.

Nope. Should have stuck with Blindga.

Already had to savescum two times so far because Kefka can't stab someone in the eye, even while literally having everyone defend and Kefka autoattack to build gauge for another Havoc Wing. (Thunder Gigas left at 10%)

I redid the Gigas fight just now for mastery and had to S/L twice because Tempo Flurry refused to stick on the Frost Gigas, again.

Never trust low proc rates.

Falk

that puzzling face
dSlC7zwl.jpg

This game is trolling me. :(

5588iVLl.png

Pictured above: Zidane has my only decent multi-hit physical SB (Scoop Art, lol).

Plan was: unload Lifesiphon till 3 SB gauges, get Planet Protector up, unload 3 Scoop Arts

Plan became: unload Lifesiphon till 3 SB gauges, all 3 Gigas focus Zidane and he gets burst down and died with a full SB bar, did 2/3 of fight with Zidane dead. Because I managed to blind Thunder Gigas and didn't want to go through savescum hell again.

image.php

I had more issues with tempo flurry than dark buster go figure. I killed the giant twice before finally sticking it. What a pain! Nice to have bosses with elemental weaknesses though.

Grzi

Looks like I'll have to bring Rinoa with her Angel Wing Quake for the fight. I don't think I ever missed a slow proc with it.

I might even use one of my MC2 lodes on her tomorrow. We'll see.

LucaMac

Not sure I want to craft Thief's Revenge just yet. I don't have any relics for thieves, and I think only Locke can get all 5 hits at the moment.

Did you not get it for free? I got Zidanes SSB so I think I may hone it up to r3 at least. If my memory serves you're pretty covered for relics across the board, so not having a thief on side isn't the end of the world.

MicH

Did you not get it for free? I got Zidanes SSB so I think I may hone it up to r3 at least. If my memory serves you're pretty covered for relics across the board, so not having a thief on side isn't the end of the world.
Oh right, I meant hone :p Yeah I'm definitely honing Saint Cross once we get it. Hopefully I can pull a relic for Agrias, but if I don't I wouldn't mind pulling on the XII banner trying to get Basch' shield instead. That banner has some great relics.

As of right now this what my team will look like provided I get the relics I'm pulling for:

Cloud w/ Fenrir Overdrive (BSSB ) & Blade Beam (SSB)
Lightning w/ Crushing Blow (SSB)
Ramza w/ Shout
Agrias w/ her Shield or Basch w/ his shield (hence Saint Cross)
Selphie w/ Dreamstage (SSB)

So it makes sense for me to blow my load on the Tactics banner. Of course Lightning can be swapped if I get any future BSSBs or stronger SSBs, but I think I have a pretty solid foundation with this. I've been pretty lucky with getting Cloud BSSB and Selphie SSB in one 3-pull each

I am so tempted to shatter kirin, fat chocobo and ultros to get me the final summon orbs needed to hone Bahamut to r3 and unleash him on the abyss tonight. Valefor r5 and Bahamut fired by a level 80 Rinoa w/synergy.....boom

And once I take out phantom train, I'll have enough major blacks to hone flare to r3.

Flare r3 Meteor r3
Bahamut r3 Valefor r5

That is some powerful non-elemental magic that is almost entirely free from reflection.

LucaMac

Oh right, I meant hone :p Yeah I'm definitely honing Saint Cross once we get it. Hopefully I can pull a relic for Agrias, but if I don't I wouldn't mind pulling on the XII banner trying to get Basch' shield instead. That banner has some great relics.

As of right now this what my team will look like provided I get the relics I'm pulling for:

Cloud w/ Fenrir Overdrive (BSSB ) & Blade Beam (SSB)
Lightning w/ Crushing Blow (SSB)
Ramza w/ Shout
Agrias w/ her Shield or Basch w/ his shield (hence Saint Cross)
Selphie w/ Dreamstage (SSB)

So it makes sense for me to blow my load on the Tactics banner. Of course Lightning can be swapped if I get any future BSSBs or stronger SSBs, but I think I have a pretty solid foundation with this. I've been pretty lucky with getting Cloud BSSB and Selphie SSB in one 3-pull each

I've Basch's SSB in Japan and since getting his mc2 he's an upgrade on even Gilgemesh. Obviously the ssb helps, but even without it he's the ultimate tank.

Balphon

Looks like I'll have to bring Rinoa with her Angel Wing Quake for the fight. I don't think I ever missed a slow proc with it.

I might even use one of my MC2 lodes on her tomorrow. We'll see.

Angel Wing Quake is 100%.

I bring Thancred to pretty much every ultimate with slow vulnerability since his Death Blossom SB is also 100% slow. It will be helpful against Leblanc as well.

GordonShumway

Neo Member
Is reta-meta doable for the Ultimate Gigas fight? Think I'm going to run it tonight and haven't cared enough to figured out a team yet. Kinda just hoping to rush through it quick and being done with it.

Also, do we know how long the Nightmare dungeon will be open? Thinking of just grabbing the MC2 lode tonight and doing the rest after orbfest is done. I know it will come back, just wondering about this time around.

Valus

I think I'm going to hang on to the MC2 lodes until after the SSB fest, might as well see if I get lucky and get a SSB for one of them.

Ahnez

All MC2 avaliable on the Hall of Rites are from past events, and probably won't be obtainable through an event again, right?

Balphon

All MC2 avaliable on the Hall of Rites are from past events, and probably won't be obtainable through an event again, right?

I don't think an MC2 has ever been re-released in JP. Seems fairly clear that they intend you to use the Hall of Rites, yeah.

LucaMac

I joined the japan game at the Relm event (two or three events away) and I don't think I've seen repeat mc2s. They give a blank one instead every now and again. Mc1s for various characters do reappear multiple times, Mc2s, I'm pretty sure they don't.

Is reta-meta doable for the Ultimate Gigas fight? Think I'm going to run it tonight and haven't cared enough to figured out a team yet. Kinda just hoping to rush through it quick and being

It's very doable. I focused on killing one at a time that way , killed the top first, then the bottom one, and ended with the thunder guy in the back. In retrospect I should've killed the bottom one last because that's the one you need to cast Slow on.

Ahnez

I don't think an MC2 has ever been re-released in JP. Seems fairly clear that they intend you to use the Hall of Rites, yeah.

I joined the japan game at the Relm event (two or three events away) and I don't think I've seen repeat mc2s. They give a blank one instead every now and again. Mc1s for various characters do reappear multiple times, Mc2s, I'm pretty sure they don't.
Right, thanks.

Guess I have to start getting the MC2 from events asap, but I can barely beat the dif 99 dungeons currently.. :p

Credo

Since it looks like an event with Bartz isn't coming around again for a long time, would it be worth using a Hero Soul to unlock him and an MC Lode to get him to 65, or would it be better to save those and just use Agrias when the FFT event releases? The reddit tier list from last month has Bartz in God tier, but I value GAF's opinion more than reddit.

Also, do these hero souls and MC lodes only last until the Spring Festival ends or can I save them for as long as I need to?

Noi

Bartz is fantastic, but I'd say stick to the current advice of "wait until after the SSB banners". It'd suck to pull a relic on a specific character and not be able to use them due to lacking their MC1.

The hall of rites is a permanent feature, you'll have those empty lodes until you spend em.

The FFX knife is nice...but it leaves my Danjuro in tears. edit: My Danjuro already was in tears thanks to the Basilisk's Claw

I find it funny how the soul break sounds like a less reliable version of Tidus default soul break (ugh I'm getting reminders of when Tidus was a must in my party as that was my most reliable way to activate slow).

And for the "but Japan got..." people...in this case they got Excalipoor which exists for trolling people with RW and doing joke runs by using minus strike. Wonder if there is another chance for the west to get that with April 1st coming up.

If you like the menu BGM:
https://ffrk.denagames.com/dff/static/lang/bgm/bgm_m4a/bgm_25_015.m4a
https://ffrk.denagames.com/dff/static/lang/bgm/bgm_ogg/bgm_25_015.ogg
Neither is particularly high bit rate...make some more songs so you can release that OST :(

Also with how the first SSBfest banner has had a last minute change (Yuna's SSB was replaced with Hymn of the faith) who is betting they manage to glitch it up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom