• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenai

Pretty good luck on drops today! 2 Major summons, 1 Fire and 1 ice and I have only spent 2-3 Mythril.

It's here... It's finally here! Red XIII finally got his crystal! I'm so excited about this! Just in time for Cloud's RM3 as well!

YAY! (which dungeon?)

Balphon

I hope you like retaliate, because I'm not seeing how else to do some of these dungeons, heh.

Why? None of it seems counter-heavy. I've done harder versions of half this stuff without retaliate already.

Though if they start tuning things around retaliate it'll be a good cue to me to stop playing.

EDIT: I suppose Ogopogo counters magic but I'm not really seeing the need for retaliate to circumvent anything.

Falk

that puzzling face
The trash. It's pretty silly. The ones that come in 3-4 are fine. It's the single mob waves that are problematic since they have more than 9999 HP.

Of course, when you have everything honed out the ass, you can afford to waste a few per stage, but it still gets tight. I know I've been scrooging on hones because of strict adherence to 8x3.5x8.5 but I'm gonna take a long hard look at what to hone past the summons when Orbfest is over. Was actually running a little dry on Seymour Flux, but that guy is a wanker with a ton of RES anyway and more suited to a melee-heavy party. (Probably a carryover from Auron event's design)

r2 Firaja/Thundaja not cutting it anymore :V

edit: Also honing the Breakdowns past r2, even if bosses typically only need 4 casts, will probably help by letting Vaan hit stuff during trash stages for decent damage.

Falk

that puzzling face
VVtX3co.jpg

:(

Theres a couple available in the next event right?

Unsure which healer to take for the boss rush and ++. I have Aeris stuck at 50, or Y'Shtola with SS2 at 63. Rest of party is Cloud 65, Barrett 63, Zack 60 and then either Terra/Golbez 65.
Gonna try get a couple levels on the ones not at 65 before i try it.

Theres a couple available in the next event right?

Unsure which healer to take for the boss rush and ++. I have Aeris stuck at 50, or Y'Shtola with SS2 at 63. Rest of party is Cloud 65, Barrett 63, Zack 60 and then either Terra/Golbez 65.
Gonna try get a couple levels on the ones not at 65 before i try it.
Definitely Y'shtola. You don't even need to worry about getting anymore levels IMO, you should be good to go. It's a very simple boss rush.

Yup, Hope (right at the end of Orbfest) gives two. After that the next is like 2 months away.

Was hoping to hone this to go wreck face.
Looks like December for R2 meteor for me then. Unless there is one MEO from an older DU I've not not collected. (8 right now, 1 from current DU to get, 2 from hope equals 11 :(
I'm also short of the black orbs so it probably would be December anyway...unless I really want to farm Lunasaur or Plague Horror
).

Guard Scorpion so frustrating with the tail. Nothing's to stop him from raising his tail right after you've queued up an attack.
You have to play it a little safe. After it attacks twice stop attacking (or if retaliate cheesing just keep doing that) as third "attack" is raising the tail.

Razmos

I lived dangerously by attempting Jenova DEATH without Curaga, relying on my Yuna's Hymn of the Fayth for healing.

Mastered it, woop. 5 major orbs for 40 stamina is like a massive middle finger to the orbfest lol.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's been fun guys, but I'm finally hanging my hat and giving up on this game. I'm a day one player and I've logged in absolutely every day since launch. I've got every "timed" character, and before the current event anyway, every memory crystal. I've got a hundred or so 5* items, all max level - tons of unique soul breaks, all mastered. Most of my characters are level 50/65. Almost all 4* abilities, many honed though no 5* abilities (but close, with the recent orb dungeons).

And I've hit a wall, both literally and figuratively. First, I've been stuck on the stupid demon wall (not elite) core dungeon in Final Fantasy XII for about a month. Probably burned 600 or so stamina trying different tactics. It's crazy how a party of 50/65 characters with character/equipment synergy can't take out a difficulty 80 core dungeon. So that's been frustrating, because it means I've missed out on the last two dungeon updates and their stamina crystals and characters.

Now fast forward to the Final Fantasy VII event that's currently going on. Battled my way up to the Jenova LIFE (+) battle, and I'm hitting the same frustration. Cloud/Sephiroth/Aerith/Zack/Tifa all level 65. Aerith has both the Aurora Rod and Keepsake Ribbon with uniques mastered. I've burned about 200 stamina trying different strategies, and didn't get anywhere . It's the first time I've not been able to unlock something that I feel is crucial to moving forward (Cloud's MC2).

It used to be a fun game. Now it's like agonizing frustration every time I log in. I've removed it from my phone and don't plan on re-installing. Tomorrow will be the first day since March that I've not signed in. It's been fun GAF.

Valus

Is full break worth crafting? I don't think I've seen a lot of talk about it.

People on here say it is worth because it stacks with breakdowns. The apparent issues people have with it are there are not a lot of great 5* support users and of course, honing it will be a bitch.

Razmos

Jenova LIFE can be completely cheesed with R3 Stop and Aerith's default soul break :/
And I don't recall having any trouble at all with the classic Demon Wall, I just put up protect + power breakdown and then destroyed it with Diaga.

I can't imagine what you might be doing wrong, and it sucks that it is ruining your enjoyment of the game :/
EDIT: Apparently LIFE is susceptible to Sleep as well

It's been fun guys, but I'm finally hanging my hat and giving up on this game. I'm a day one player and I've logged in absolutely every day since launch. I've got every "timed" character, and before the current event anyway, every memory crystal. I've got a hundred or so 5* items, all max level - tons of unique soul breaks, all mastered. Most of my characters are level 50/65. Almost all 4* abilities, many honed though no 5* abilities (but close, with the recent orb dungeons).

And I've hit a wall, both literally and figuratively. First, I've been stuck on the stupid demon wall (not elite) core dungeon in Final Fantasy XII for about a month. Probably burned 600 or so stamina trying different tactics. It's crazy how a party of 50/65 characters with character/equipment synergy can't take out a difficulty 80 core dungeon. So that's been frustrating, because it means I've missed out on the last two dungeon updates and their stamina crystals and characters.

Now fast forward to the Final Fantasy VII event that's currently going on. Battled my way up to the Jenova LIFE (+) battle, and I'm hitting the same frustration. Cloud/Sephiroth/Aerith/Zack/Tifa all level 65. Aerith has both the Aurora Rod and Keepsake Ribbon with uniques mastered. I've burned about 200 stamina trying different strategies, and didn't get anywhere . It's the first time I've not been able to unlock something that I feel is crucial to moving forward (Cloud's MC2).

It used to be a fun game. Now it's like agonizing frustration every time I log in. I've removed it from my phone and don't plan on re-installing. Tomorrow will be the first day since March that I've not signed in. It's been fun GAF.

Don't give up tbh! I found that the most enjoyable way to play the game is to try and collect all the characters and their crystals. Relics will come when they come. There's no amazing reward for beating those super hard bosses/levels, so I don't even bother.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Jenova LIFE can be completely cheesed with R3 Stop and Aerith's default soul break :/
And I don't recall having any trouble at all with the classic Demon Wall, I just put up protect + power breakdown and then destroyed it with Diaga.

I can't imagine what you might be doing wrong, and it sucks that it is ruining your enjoyment of the game :/
EDIT: Apparently LIFE is susceptible to Sleep as well

Thanks. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong either - I don't know if it's a case of game just hating me and giving me bad luck, or if there is something legitimately screwed up about my setup. LIFE typically opens with the Aqua Breath move followed by the Blue Light move, killing one party member and leaving the rest with about 10-20% health. If I'm lucky I can get a Shellga off before Aqua Breath hits, but I've had to S/L a bunch and can typically only Shellga about 1/4 times before Aqua Breath hits.

I tried the Poison/Sleep/Seal Evil/Kirin tactic, and it's the closest I've come to beating the boss. Poison LIFE, then either Sleep or Seal Evil, cast Kirin for group regen. Then repeat while blasting at the sleeping LIFE with 4* AJA spells. Lots of S/L'ing to get this set up - I probably spent 6 hours yesterday trying different variations of this and other tactics. Didn't win, and got pretty pissed off. Took some time to cool off overnight and tried again this morning with still no success. :(

Don't give up tbh! I found that the most enjoyable way to play the game is to try and collect all the characters and their crystals. Relics will come when they come. There's no amazing reward for beating those super hard bosses/levels, so I don't even bother.

Well in this case, I'll be missing Cloud's Memory Crystal.

MicH

I S/L'ed on Jenova LIFE until I got Magic Breakdown/Shellga up before it could attack then I just Stop stalled it until I took it down. Be careful if you're using magic as it can cast reflect

Post a picture of your setup and we can help you

Balphon

I S/L'ed on Jenova LIFE until I got Magic Breakdown/Shellga up before it could attack then I just Stop stalled it until I took it down. Be careful if you're using magic as it can cast reflect

Post a picture of your setup and we can help you

Blue Light is not a magic attack, so be careful about skimping on physical mitigation. Bring Power Break at least.

J0dy77

Hi all, new to the game. Been reading a few of the starting guides and they suggest doing an 11 relic pull when i get my first 50 mythril. I noticed that there is an event that will happen tomorrow it seems at half price for the 11 roll? Is this a better time to roll? Any other tips for new players?

Thanks. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong either - I don't know if it's a case of game just hating me and giving me bad luck, or if there is something legitimately screwed up about my setup. LIFE typically opens with the Aqua Breath move followed by the Blue Light move, killing one party member and leaving the rest with about 10-20% health. If I'm lucky I can get a Shellga off before Aqua Breath hits, but I've had to S/L a bunch and can typically only Shellga about 1/4 times before Aqua Breath hits.

I tried the Poison/Sleep/Seal Evil/Kirin tactic, and it's the closest I've come to beating the boss. Poison LIFE, then either Sleep or Seal Evil, cast Kirin for group regen. Then repeat while blasting at the sleeping LIFE with 4* AJA spells. Lots of S/L'ing to get this set up - I probably spent 6 hours yesterday trying different variations of this and other tactics. Didn't win, and got pretty pissed off. Took some time to cool off overnight and tried again this morning with still no success. :(

Well in this case, I'll be missing Cloud's Memory Crystal.

Gah, misread your post :) Well, at least the MC1 is a good catch!

Here was my team for J-Life.
nIJWGUF.png

Tyro's Mental Breakdance was completely unused, as I remembered after beginning the battle that it had the exact same effect as Mental Break. Ashe also didn't use Sleep at all since I realized I needed Stop for the medals.

Pretty straighforward strategy, Cloud alternated his two abilities, Tyro spammed Stop, Eiko threw out Mana's Paeon every four turns, and otherwise, everyone just nuked the shit out of him. Throw Poison on someone if you think you're gonna run out of gas.

That Seymour flux elite, ooh boy that was rough. Many reloads required to get a run where he only mass dispelled twice and I avoided an unmitigated cleave. But I've mastered and unlocked fusoya and the two memory crystals, so back to the orb event.

So yeah, may want to think about honing Shellga and protecga.

Razmos

Hi all, new to the game. Been reading a few of the starting guides and they suggest doing an 11 relic pull when i get my first 50 mythril. I noticed that there is an event that will happen tomorrow it seems at half price for the 11 roll? Is this a better time to roll? Any other tips for new players?
The event is happening today too!

The lucky half-price draw is a fantastic way to start, I recommend spending 25 mythril today or tomorrow on the current lucky draw, and then again after tomorrow when you can do it again. Events like this don't happen often at all so you should take advantage of it.

yyRRmTWl.jpg

After this event, i bet i never get another 5* from a pull again.

I dont know if you have it yet, but there's an Earth Orb as a reward for the 3rd Elite FFV dungeon in the newest update. It'll take 4 dungeons to get it (3 normal & the elite), but you also get Red's crystal for the trouble.

Just had 3*,4* and 5* drop in the orb dungeon. All summon orb too which looked cool on the results screen.

I had troubles on the Demon Wall so I can totally understand the frustration here. Things that help are getting haste on your party and slow on the demon wall. It acting a lot less often relative to you means you really take it to pieces.

Also is Advance RW+Retaliate your go to strategy? It is my one which serves me pretty well (I'm starting to get the hones to comfortably do more too).

Yeah it is somewhat RNG bullshit with all its statuses (and AoE ones too :( ).

Jenova on your other hand is the more typical "do you have mitigation up before I hit, no? haha you lose" type of RNG bullshit. Plus it being both magic and physical (but this is where Cecil is handy due to being able to use WM4, draw fire could also be used to help with physical).

Falk

that puzzling face
I dont know if you have it yet, but there's an Earth Orb as a reward for the 3rd Elite FFV dungeon in the newest update. It'll take 4 dungeons to get it (3 normal & the elite), but you also get Red's crystal for the trouble.

Of course I do. :p I was at 140stam a few hours after DU12 launched.

Don't take this the wrong way, and I don't mean to sound patronizing, but this game both builds upon and teaches some pretty basic best-practices for vidya in general. In this case, self-buffing and debuffing enemies positively stack with each other. If you get haste on yourself, it makes slow on enemies better, and vice versa, in a multiplicative way. This is also true of both offensive buffing/debuffing and defensive buffing/debuffing. It pretty much applies to every game in existence where you can do it for reasonable opportunity cost.

And the RNG? It teaches you how to manage expectations going from small sample sizes to medium sample sizes
to large sample sizes
. Aqua Breath isn't a guarantee at the start. If you keep on getting it something like that, first thing you should honestly be doing is going and checking hard data (which is readily available online nowadays) and then you find that it's actually a relatively small percentage chance of triggering with a completely random distribution, you chalk up your experience to 1) Unlucky streak or 2) God just doesn't want you to play the game. Builds character if you stick it out. (lol)

That being said, if you aren't having fun, the best thing you can do is take a break. Doesn't even have to be with the intention to come back. Bashing your head against something you don't enjoy is the fastest way to flush away your health, both mental and physical.

J0dy77

The event is happening today too!

The lucky half-price draw is a fantastic way to start, I recommend spending 25 mythril today or tomorrow on the current lucky draw, and then again after tomorrow when you can do it again. Events like this don't happen often at all so you should take advantage of it.

Is it live now or only during certain times? Having a hard time finding where everything is buried?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom