• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZangBa

I mean, FF8 had a giant-ass turret shooting X-ATM, and multiple games had stealth - from Locke stealing clothes to Cloud playing reverse wack-a-mole in the Shinra tower. If anything, they're now in a more direct/visceral (haha, that word) form due to the action-focused combat system.

But we're going down the rabbit hole of derailing this thread with yet another stylistic/gameplay debate. So probs best to leave it at that. :V

I honestly wouldn't expect any FFXV event till the game comes out, yeah. Maa-aaaybe a short teaser event to coincide with Brotherhood or Kingsglaive or something, but that'd be a break from the norm from all other numbered titles that had their main game before any spinoffs like X-2 or CC.

Sorry, didn't mean to derail.

I'm 99% sure there will be an event on release week, probably both versions at the same time. Maybe a ridiculous thought, but that's what I'm feeling.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm 99% sure there will be an event on release week, probably both versions at the same time. Maybe a ridiculous thought, but that's what I'm feeling.

They have a mobile game, a feature-length CGI movie and an anime miniseries. That covers the mass-market appeal. Within the existing fandom, I'd be very, very surprised if everything Final Fantasy didn't have some form of XV product placement as well. Brave Exvius, Mobius, etc.

Falk

that puzzling face
Mug Time and Steal Power both have the same quirk that its value is greatly dependant on what SBs you have. If you have a 50% Boostga, you might as well use Power Breakdown instead of Steal Power and do damage in the meantime. If you have a Slowga and/or Hastega you might as well put in something else other than Mug Time. (Though it deals decent damage, at least)

Noi

100 gem pull. I expected nothing, I will gratefully accept this.

NytmVvz.jpg

Back to back SSB's with the 100 gem pull for last banner giving me Cloud's Organics. I guess I have nothing to fear from FF7 anymore.

Can't decide if I want to pull on this banner, I could use either the ff4 sword and valiant is obviously great, but I already have Vivi's ssb, aerith's does nothing for me, I have Edgar's drill, and other then Exdeath's branch the other stuff doesn't jump out at me.

MicH

First pulls outside of the 100 gem pulls and a 3-pull on banner 1:

cWfAb32l.jpg

1pibMDBl.jpg

Not bad! I seem to have nice luck with 3-pulls, but that 11-pull was nice too. Pecil's SSB is awesome, Moore Branch is nice. Not feeling Aerith's or Penelo's (I'm seriously drowning in medicas and half-good Boostgas)

ccbfan

Went for 1 11 pull for valiant knife.

Failed but got 3 5* Mage weapons (which I have a lot of). 2 of them exdeath and garnets weapons are my 2nd and 3rd most wanted relics. Other relic was Kefkas which sadly is trash.

with my moore's branch pull, my mage meta for V is ridiculous:

With rs

Moore's Branch Mag: 207 Mnd: 104 ExDeath Grand Cross 4 AOE absorb white/black
Poison rod Mag: 190 Mnd: 104 Shared SB poison damage aoe
Lilith rod Mag: 188 Mnd: 104 Shared SB Fire/low confuse one target
Power Staff Mag: 186 Mnd: 207 Lenna Flames of War boostga/hastega
Judgment Staff ++ Mag: 124 Mnd: 252

Need a Krile Whip!

Credo

Got Asura's Rod in the single pull, but I guess it'll be useless since I already have the Wizard Rod for Garnet. Don't think I'm going to do any more pulls in phase 4. Will do an 11x in phase 5, then save the rest for FFT and later.

hesho

kinda amusing... this past week i got both bash brother's relic... i don't know even know what to do with this drill *shrugs

I did 100 gems + a 3 pull. All 3* junk.

0/24 so far over Phase 1-4. Heck, I only got a few useful 4*s there too.

I'm dreading the results of my 48 planned pulls on Banner 5. Please give me some love, DeNA? :(

Vilifier

Neo Member
Did 15 mythrils on the banner and got lucky with valiant knife. Will give me a reason to home thief's revenge to R2 at least.

Entropia

No One Remembers
My rewards for the day:

Did an 11x pull in the morning, got Fang's Glaive

This evening: 3x pull, nothing.
1x pull: Aerith's Wizard Stuff

100 gem was the Lustrous Sword. Did an 11 pull and got the Asura's Rod. Did another 3 pull and got nothing. Came in wanting either Cecil's or Locke's SSB so even though I didn't get the valiant knife I am still happy.

Kaiterra

Banned
Tempted to combine that new Drill with the one I got from Lucky Draw. It was my only possible repeat from Phase 4, I knew that I would get it.

If you ever run multiple characters who can wield spears, I'd probably consider leaving them uncombined. It still has good ATK and that +20 DEF boost is so nice.

Brandson

I was waiting for this banner. Did a couple pulls, the final 11 pull netting 2 Valiants and a Lustrous. I'm done for SSB fest now. With only steal power for buffs, Locke's SSB hits mobs from the orb fest for 8x 9999 at level 80. 6* Valiant is stronger than 7* Zantetsuken (VI), even though it's a dagger. Needless to say I am very happy.

Kenai

Did 2 11 pulls + dollar pull.

1 Wizard Staff (Aerith), 2 Moore Branch (Exdeath), 2 Asura's Rod (Garnet Levi), and 2 Judicer's Staff (Penelo).

Absolutely fantastic pulls, even if several were dupes and my main dream was Valiant Knife (and i actually had a Judicer's Staff already from the Lucky Draw so that's 3).

Probably gonna be waiting a while on Exdeath's MC2, but having such a wide variety of utility is sure to come in handy down the road. Sceam Meta is nice enough but it's clear I have other options.

Awwww whatever... At around 265 Mind, Aeris year old Healing Wind heals for 215 more HP than her new SSB. Who cares about Reraise at moderate HP... It could AT LEAST heal as much as the old relic, it's a SSB damnit! Restore some is more than restore moderate.

At least my party sparkles if I decide to use it as a "safeguard" for my first AoE heal before switching to Healing Wind...

Awwww whatever... At around 265 Mind, Aeris year old Healing Wind heals for 215 more HP than her new SSB. Who cares about Reraise at moderate HP... It could AT LEAST heal as much as the old relic, it's a SSB damnit! Restore some is more than restore moderate.

At least my party sparkles if I decide to use it as a "safeguard" for my first AoE heal before switching to Healing Wind...

Wait really? Healing Wind heals more? I really wish there were in game numbers tied to the potency of abilities.

Pejo

Blew 250 mythril on this banner, really wanted both Pecil's sword and Valiant knife. Ended up with 2 each of Garnet's leviathan staff, Aerith's reraise staff(good because I had no native group heal besides that mystic cowl), Exdeath's staff, one of Kefka's flute thing, annnnd...Valiant Knife!

Decided to stop there for now, though I really want a damn SB weapon for Pecil. He's been in my "main" party since I got him when I first started playing. I have enough for 1 more 11 pull, but based on my mage heavy luck, I'm hesitant to drop any more. I don't even use mages.

Overall the results were better than my average, only got completely shafted once with all 3/4 star.

I feel like I have a solid set of native SBs now, but I don't know what I should be setting as my RW. Right now I"m using Jecht because of the boostga and FFX synergy.

*Edit* Got greedy and did a 3x pull just for one last chance...and holy fuck.....

I'm speechless. So damn happy!

Noi

Thanks to that SSB pull, Aerith went from not even having her MC1 to being double broken now for me. Lil' amusing.

Ended up using my empty MC2's on Greg, Tifa, Locke and Aerith. Greg for the massive versatility (plus I could still pull his SSB yet), Tifa cause I had her Dolphin Blow SSB, Locke cause of his RM2 + overall usefulness and Aerith as my second double broken healer with a Medica (even if it ain't no Hymn of the Faith). Will use the X-2 empty MC2 depending on how the Banner 2 pulls go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom