• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

Does anyone know if Auron's MC2 in the HoR is supposed to show up when the FFX-2 Bonus Battles hit, or is the timeline off for global on that? All of the MC2 order sources I can find (reddit etc) show that Auron's MC2 should have appeared in HoR with the X-2 even but it's not there? I'm not concerned about breaking him, but I go off the reddit MC2 order listing for the order in which I'm getting folks up to 65.

Does anyone know if Auron's MC2 in the HoR is supposed to show up when the FFX-2 Bonus Battles hit, or is the timeline off for global on that? All of the MC2 order sources I can find (reddit etc) show that Auron's MC2 should have appeared in HoR with the X-2 even but it's not there? I'm not concerned about breaking him, but I go off the reddit MC2 order listing for the order in which I'm getting folks up to 65.

Can you share the MC2 order list?

GordonShumway

Neo Member
Planned on holding off using my MC2 lodes until after my all my SSBfest pulls, but I ended up using 2 since I've run out of characters to level up and didn't want all this experience to go to waste. Grabbed Gilgamesh's (and already maxed him :-| ) and Locke's. Should be enough to last the rest of the orbfest and still have 2 spare lodes to use (3 including the FFX event one).

This phase can go die in a ice block! Very few Gigantuars, all Major Fire Orbs. Most Greater Orbs are Fire. It always tend to even out in the end but not for this phase... Not at all. Pissed!

Noi

This phase can go die in a ice block! Very few Gigantuars, all Major Fire Orbs. Most Greater Orbs are Fire. It always tend to even out in the end but not for this phase... Not at all. Pissed!

Stick to doing only Stage 2. Almost all the Greater drops I get from it are Ice, with the occasional Summon and Fire.

MicH

Yep, same here. I've literally only gotten two greater Summon Orbs. All my majors have been fire

Dragner

We already know what does Greg BSSB exactly.

8 single target hits 98 potency each + draw fire + draw magic +200% defense.

Command 1: 2 Single target hits 130 potency + dispel
Command 2: 2 Single target hits 130 potency + retaliate 15 s.

Mother of god...the ultimate tank, you dont need to equip any tautaliate skill on greg anymore, put him excalibur, basch shield, lifesiphon and saint cross and destroy.

I feel so upset that I blew my 50 jp mythril on the celebration banner netting a generic tactics dagger when the next day the Gilgamesh banner pops. Hopefully can cobble together enough mythril for a few three pulls in time.

Re summons in na land. I pounded the last orb fest so I had Bahamut r3 before this phase started. My goal is to wrap up this fest with ten major summons orbs, including the rewards. I should get close to that. Only one major summons drop, several of the others. Holding for Bahamut r4 at 60 gsos, a long long wait. Though if the summons nightmare is too tough, can quickly hone up leviathan to r4, or Alexander to r5

Right now I have:
3 star summons at r5
Valefor at r5
Bahamut at r3

So leviathan or Alexander look pretty good to add to that mix. I landed hopes ssb so he looks pretty good as my lead summoner now, need some more summoner offensive/ mixed ssb/sbs

Credo

We already know what does Greg BSSB exactly.

8 single target hits 98 potency each + draw fire + draw magic +200% defense.

Command 1: 2 Single target hits 130 potency + dispel
Command 2: 2 Single target hits 130 potency + retaliate 15 s.

Mother of god...the ultimate tank, you dont need to equip any tautaliate skill on greg anymore, put him excalibur, basch shield, lifesiphon and saint cross and destroy.

Reeeeeeeeeeally leaning toward going ahead and spending the MC2 lode on Greg instead of Cloud or Tidus, especially since I just got a weapon for him and have nothing for either Cloud or Tidus.

Brandson

I got 2 more MFO since I wrote my post... Complaining on GAF does not always work! :(

The response to your complaints was misdirected apparently. I just got a major ice after a long drought. Closing in on having enough to take Full Break from R2 to R3, but I'll probably hold off to save for something else.

Grzi

Gonna break down all my Major Summon Orbs.

No way I can hone Bahamut enough to make him useful so I'll just focus on 3* and 4* summons instead.

Since I already have Maduin, not sure if I should go with Valefor or Alexander? Maybe I'll have enough to get both to R3, will see tomorrow.

Dragner

No way I can hone Bahamut enough to make him useful so I'll just focus on 3* and 4* summons instead.

Since I already have Maduin, not sure if I should go with Valefor or Alexander? Maybe I'll have enough to get both to R3, will see tomorrow.

Just be sure to have Ifrit,Shiva and Ramuh because they are needed for the summoner abyss. Then just go with whatever, I would ensure to hone first Valefor and Maduin before anything else.

Edit: If the FFXV demo shows the quality of the final product it will be my first pass on a main entry. My god it was boring.

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.

Uh oh...

BbmXGfL.jpg

Valus

Planned on holding off using my MC2 lodes until after my all my SSBfest pulls, but I ended up using 2 since I've run out of characters to level up and didn't want all this experience to go to waste. Grabbed Gilgamesh's (and already maxed him :-| ) and Locke's. Should be enough to last the rest of the orbfest and still have 2 spare lodes to use (3 including the FFX event one).

So strange, I did the exact same thing yesterday. Finished getting all characters maxed, planned on holding lodes till after fest, got Gilga and Locke's and already maxed them. Now I'm just going to grind some record materias I didn't have and waste exp for a day or two, then spend the rest of them.

When does the FFT banner start? Will I have time to grind Ramza and Agrias on the spring festival?

LucaMac

So strange, I did the exact same thing yesterday. Finished getting all characters maxed, planned on holding lodes till after fest, got Gilga and Locke's and already maxed them. Now I'm just going to grind some record materias I didn't have and waste exp for a day or two, then spend the rest of them.

When does the FFT banner start? Will I have time to grind Ramza and Agrias on the spring festival?

I think it ends beforehand unfortunately. Did you get all the cores to 65 as well? Got Ranger and Bard there but putting off the others. Painful trying to level those goons.

Did two single pulls on the Greg banner in Japan using the event mythril as I was all out thanks to bssbfest and my constant pulls in general.

First pull. 5* Kriles SSB. Haste, Regen and medium Magic up.

Second pull. Might as well even though it's unlikely. 5* Bartz soulbreak. 8 hits and enwind. Holy moly.

Building up 5 in the next few days and I might go again. The odds of another 5* three single pulls in a row mmut be fairly low. The banner is class though. Apart from Gregs BSSB it also has Faris' (Which I already have) and some other great relics. I'm going to start saving now in global...

Balphon

Monday, so no.

GordonShumway

Neo Member

FFT starts right when the spring fest ends, so no grinding.

I have yet to touch the FFX event and only did two of the Nightmare fights so far, but that'll have to wait until orb farming so done.

Did you get all the cores to 65 as well? Got Ranger and Bard there but putting off the others. Painful trying to level those goons.

Once I was almost set with all named characters I switched to running one named, one core and gave the core the exp up RM. All done with them. Well, Viking is currently at 64.

LucaMac

Once I was almost set with all named characters I switched to running one named, one core and gave the core the exp up RM. All done with them. Well, Viking is currently at 64.

Fair dues to you. That was my plan, well running one 65-80 character...I might burn more mythril this phase to do so. Would be worth having them done.

Negator

Did two single pulls on the Greg banner in Japan using the event mythril as I was all out thanks to bssbfest and my constant pulls in general.

First pull. 5* Kriles SSB. Haste, Regen and medium Magic up.

Second pull. Might as well even though it's unlikely. 5* Bartz soulbreak. 8 hits and enwind. Holy moly.

Building up 5 in the next few days and I might go again. The odds of another 5* three single pulls in a row mmut be fairly low. The banner is class though. Apart from Gregs BSSB it also has Faris' (Which I already have) and some other great relics. I'm going to start saving now in global...

I honestly don't know what to do. I want Gil BSB and Bartz SSB but I already have Exdeath armor and Faris BSB. My heart says FF5 but my mind says pull for Pecil/Basch/Beatrix.

ZangBa

Damn, I just pulled Faris' BSSB in JP. Quina officially on the chopping block. Why do I even play Global anymore, my relics in JP look P2W.

LucaMac

I honestly don't know what to do. I want Gil BSB and Bartz SSB but I already have Exdeath armor and Faris BSB. My heart says FF5 but my mind says pull for Pecil/Basch/Beatrix.

I would actually be quite happy getting a dupe of Faris' BSSB. Currently have it almost fully augmented. With that BSSB shes going to be permanent for everything bar Abyss dungeons and even in some of them.

Bahamut even at r2 has been very useful for me

WarAdept

Depends I reckon. How are you for Wind Orbs? If good, go Valefor. Holy Orbs good? Go Alexander. Wind Orbs are used nowadays in a truckload of melee but I find Holy Orbs to be quite rare (and useful for Saints Cross and in the upcoming Break Fever).

Someone mathcrafted the amount of orbs you need for summons. Bahamut, holy shit.

Courtesy of Peridot_Weapon from Reddit

---

4*: Carbuncle / Maduin
Greater Summon Orbs: 10 / 20 / 40 / 60 / 100
Greater Element Orbs: 5 / 10 / 20 / 30 / 50
Total Greater Orbs to R5: 345 (230 Summon)

4*: Alexander / Ixion / Phoenix / Quetzalcoatl / Valefor
Greater Summon Orbs: 5 / 10 / 20 / 30 / 50
Greater Element Orbs (Type A): 15 / 30 / 50 / 70 / 100 (Includes converted Majors)
Greater Element Orbs (Type B): 3 / 5 / 10 / 15 / 25 (Phoenix listed as slightly higher?)
Total Greater Orbs to R5: 438 (115 Summon)

5*: Bahamut / Odin
Greater Summon Orbs: 100 / 200 / 400 / 600 / 1,000
Greater Element Orbs (Type A): 60 / 120 / 240 / 360 / 600
Greater Element Orbs (Type B): 60 / 120 / 240 / 360 / 600
Total Greater Orbs to R5: 5,060 (2,300 Summon)

---

I just read that FFT is a mini-event, like 14 was, rather than a full sized one. Does that mean we won't be getting 10 mythril from it? If so, how much ARE we getting? This could throw off my mythril expense allocation.

ultra7k

I need some of GAFs opinions on who to MC II break.

I have 1 MC II crystal left, and no SSBs for any of the characters that can be broken. They are the following:

Locke
Tifa
Aerith
Lulu
Vanille
Hope

I am leaning towards Locke, Vanille or Hope for the following reasons:

1. I am not expecting to draw their SSBs anytime soon or anyone elses for that matter.

2. VI, XIII realms only have 1 level 80 character (Terra/Lightning) so I wouldn't mind bolstering some of the characters there.

3. I have a plethora of VI synergy, and less of XIII, so part of me wants to break either Hope or Vanille.

Thoughts?

Falk

that puzzling face
The production values are nice, but my hype died when I saw stealth gameplay and a turret section. Plus, the combat was just so boring, :C.

I mean, FF8 had a giant-ass turret shooting X-ATM, and multiple games had stealth - from Locke stealing clothes to Cloud playing reverse wack-a-mole in the Shinra tower. If anything, they're now in a more direct/visceral (haha, that word) form due to the action-focused combat system.

But we're going down the rabbit hole of derailing this thread with yet another stylistic/gameplay debate. So probs best to leave it at that. :V

I honestly wouldn't expect any FFXV event till the game comes out, yeah. Maa-aaaybe a short teaser event to coincide with Brotherhood or Kingsglaive or something, but that'd be a break from the norm from all other numbered titles that had their main game before any spinoffs like X-2 or CC.

WarAdept

If I get Locke's dagger tonight, ima hone Mug Time and Thief's Revenge to x6 each.

If you really want Mug Time go for it. But I'm pretty sure it's a horrific 5* ability. Auto fails on mobs immune to Slow and the multiplier is only 2.5, same as Full Break. Compare it to Thief's Revenge which has a potential modifier of 3.5, breaks damage cap and heals the user, Mug Time is not worth the orbs I reckon.

If you're going to use Locke and his SSB, you can get away with a lower ranked (R2) Thief's Revenge and Lifesiphon.

Kaiterra

Banned
Getting all these characters to L80 feels good. I never went back and completed the Gigas battle and I'm probably not doing Spherimorph and Liquid Flame until the Nightmare comes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom