• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noi

A local friend of mine told me his two 11 pulls. Ebon Armor, Thor's Hammer and two Wutai Headbands. Seems like it rained headbands for everyone.

Quick question, is the hall of rites a permanent thing now? I remember the last time it came it was this temporary bonus, but now that they've ditched quests and everything is this the replacement for getting characters?

I have one more MCII but I'm not sure who I want to use it for yet.

The Hall of Rites is permanent now so you don't have to rush to use your MCII. We will also get another MCII lode in the next Nightmare dungeon.

Razmos

2sWHF6N.jpg
SSBs for two of my favourite characters in one pull, yeah :D
Another Wutai headband to combine and my first 5* bow (and for the rare FFXIV synergy)

My FFV synergy issues have been solved lol. And another monk weapon to join Tifa and Zell, at least this one isn't a fist.
Unsure of whether to combine the blades. Decisions decisions

All this and yet I'm still disappointed I didn't get Sentinel Grimoire, oh well.

Dreavus

SSBs for two of my favourite characters in one pull, yeah :D
Another Wutai headband to combine and my first 5* bow (and for the rare FFXIV synergy)

My FFV synergy issues have been solved lol. And another monk weapon to join Tifa and Zell, at least this one isn't a fist.
Unsure of whether to combine the blades. Decisions decisions

All this and yet I'm still disappointed I didn't get Sentinel Grimoire, oh well.

Haha, very similar to my situation. Great luck all things considered but still missing the SG. I went in 50 more mithril than I was planning on using and completely whiffed on the last pull. It was probably a good time to stop anyways.

I'm contemplating doing one last 11-pull here and a 3-pull on FFT, but IDK. I'm scared after that last pull.

I spent the last of my mythril.

"Two rainbows... Will I get Wall and / or another SSB?!?"
"I said Wall, not Armor! Oh well, it's new and can be a future source of Sap"
"Well, I didn't specify that I wanted a NEW SSB." >_>

11/91, all 11 from Phrase 5.
7/11 were dupes.

LucaMac

Three Wizard rods in one pull...already have Garnets Thunder Staff and Asure Rod. Guess she's in permanently and I'm going mage meta a while longer...

...my third world problem now is that I have the trinity...but all on white mages. Ystolla can be support, Garnet summonner and Vannile WHM...so in mage meta it's all good. Stupidly high resistance bosses on the way though...

I will be guaranteed to be invincible against magic only bosses though. Garnet and Lulus resistance boost stacking together and with shell and with wall...their magic boosts will stack too, though getting garnet to use both would be tricky...and I've Mogs HH if I want to stack more mitigation...we all dream of a white mage party. At least nightmare evrae won't cause me as much trouble as it did in Japan.

Kain

I could scavenger 1 more mythtril to perform a yolo pull aaaaaaaaaand I got Cardinal, which is a dupe. Fuck this shit.

MicH

Three 11-pulls in a row with no 5*. That hurt.

On the fourth one I got SG (yes!), Ebon armor, Ultima Sword and my third Peacemaker. Not bad

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Decided to blow 400 on the banner because why not? This is what I've mainly be saving for, and I'm not as interested in the FFT stuff as many others are.

Ended up with:

2 S. Grimoires
2 Thor Hammer (Already have it, so 3 total)
2 Peacemakers
Wutai Headband
Genji Blade

Would've loved to have pulled no repeats, but I can live with that.

Do people bother combining their multiples to get 6* and 7*, or just keep them?

Three 11-pulls in a row with no 5*. That hurt.

On the fourth one I got SG (yes!), Ebon armor, Ultima Sword and my third Peacemaker. Not bad

I'm glad you got the SG but three wasted 11 pulls is so shitty. I really wish everyone was guaranteed at least ONE five star when saving up that much mythril. Bogus.

Wortany

Time to pour my salt in this thread for banner 5: 0/22.

RzMF9HWl.png
naRGW0sl.png

My first pull was even so useless that from all the 4* that dropped, I already had a ++ from and a second version of those wouldn't even be useful. So they all had to be binned. :(

I'm now really contemplating a paid 11 draw.........please send help.......

Dragner

Well if you are gonna whale, this is the best banner for doing it along Tactics, so 1 or 2 paid pulls are ok if you dont mind it, the Expected Value here is big.

Time to pour my salt in this thread
My first pull was even so useless that from all the 4* that dropped, I already had a ++ from and a second version of those wouldn't even be useful. So they all had to be binned. :(

That's bs but honestly dude, the amount of real money it takes for an 11 pull is disgusting. I've done it myself a few times and regretted it even when I got something good. Just remember in a year all our stuff will probably be obsolete and even further in the future this game won't be around when the servers eventually go down.

Wortany

Had 15 mythril left, and did a cult of three.
Result 0/25

and then......I gave in, so I whaled.

cGIPs1Bl.png

YES!!!!!

f455JpEl.png

........except I wasn't whaling for the SG, as I already have that one....darn it!
Still very glad with the Ebon Armors and Thor Hammer, but a tear of salt remains over no SSB. I set my expectations to high.

Since I already caved and gave so much money to DENA, those remaining gems will go to the Tactics banner for some decent 4*. (Who am I kidding?)

That's bs but honestly dude, the amount of real money it takes for an 11 pull is disgusting. I've done it myself a few times and regretted it even when I got something good. Just remember in a year all our stuff will probably be obsolete and even further in the future this game won't be around when the servers eventually go down.

I know the cost is huge, that's why I haven't done single 11-pull with gems since this game started. (Until now that is, Damn my weak moment!)
But you shouldn't quantify it on the duration that you can keep those items, but more on the amount of fun you can experience yourself with those items at this moment.
Not everything is supposed to last eternal, and you won't want to be playing FFRK for the rest of your life.

Complete Haul of the last month: (I really shouldn't complain)

FF9 event: Freya's Partisan (SB)
FF2 event: Minwu's Healing Staff (SSB) on 100 Gem
Lucky Draw 1: Steiner's Defender (SB)
Lucky Draw 2: Yuffie's Wutai Headband (SB), Vivi's Oak Staff (SB), Edward's Fabled Harp (SB)
Lucky Draw 3: Rinoa's Valkyrie (SB)
Banner 3: Soldier Breastplate (generic 5*)
Banner 5: Tyro's SG (SB), 2x Golbez's Ebon Armour (SB), Galuf's Thor Hammer (SB)

Total: 9 SB's, 1 SSB, 1 Generic 5*

Tidd

Argh. I really really wanted Garnets SSB and used my last 50 mythril. <.< Got one rainbow orb and I thought "yep, I knew it, what a waste, there's no way.... HOLY SHIT! GARNET'S SSB" With that I'm at 10/33 for this Banner inlcuding 4 SSBs and a wall. I'm happy.

Oh just realized with that I got every SSB on this banner. lol

Kouriozan

Sweet, I got what I wanted and still 400+ mythrils left for Tactic.

jXuBBoKl.jpg

Even if I don't get Ramza's Platinum Sword I won't be mad, finally got my wall <3 <3 <3
It was my 3rd 11 pulls, also got Rinoa's SSB and Galuf's hammer.

I'm pretty conflicted now. I feel like I need Sentinel's Grimoire to justify continuing to do the Ultimate battles. You're just at too much of a disadvantage without it, but 350+ mithril in and no sign of it... :(

Razmos

As far as the recent draws go (the SSB fest, lucky banners and the X-2 Banner) I got:

• Squall's Revolver
  • Lightning's Blazefire Saber
  • D Cecil's Dark Armour (combined into 6*)
  • Auron's Shimmering Blade
  • Zell's Gauntlet
  • Rikku's Flexible Arm
  • Wakka's Over the Top (SSB)
  • Quistis' Red Scorpion (SSB)
  • Lightning's Peacemaker (SSB)
  • Rinoa's Cardinal (SSB)
  • Gilgamesh's Genji Blade (SSB) x2
  • Galuf's Thor Hammer
  • Yuffie's Wutai Headband (combined into 6*)
  • Garnet's Asura's Rod (combined into 6*)
  • FFXIV Lominsan Bow

Looking back I'm really happy with what I got. Though the 2 things I wanted most (Yuna BSSB and Sentinel Grimoire) eluded me. Every single 11 pull got me at least 1 relic and I only got 1 non-character specific 5*

It's very rare for me to get this lucky and considering the crush I've had for the the last few months is now returning the feelings I do believe everything is coming up Razmos right now :D

I'm pretty conflicted now. I feel like I need Sentinel's Grimoire to justify continuing to do the Ultimate battles. You're just at too much of a disadvantage without it, but 350+ mithril in and no sign of it... :(

Jeez. I agree walls are the most important relics in the game, I'm lucky to have the Thyrus for Yshtola. How much more mythril do you have?

greyshark

Decided to blow 400 on the banner because why not? This is what I've mainly be saving for, and I'm not as interested in the FFT stuff as many others are.

Ended up with:

2 S. Grimoires
2 Thor Hammer (Already have it, so 3 total)
2 Peacemakers
Wutai Headband
Genji Blade

Would've loved to have pulled no repeats, but I can live with that.

Do people bother combining their multiples to get 6* and 7*, or just keep them?

I'd combine all your dupes except potentially Peacemaker. I've got two guns as well but I combined them because I have decent XIII synergy and wouldn't ever need to bring both guns to a fight.

Dragner

106 left! It's tempting to keep at but I'm already getting too many dupes.

you are going to get a lot of dupes, I will take the best chance at wall (2% for thyrus at Yda event), you have time to get more mythril for that banner since is like 6-7 events away. I would try to pull on tactics, any banner will give diminishing returns after 5-6 pulls.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Time to pour my salt in this thread for banner 5: 0/22.

RzMF9HWl.png
naRGW0sl.png

Those were my lucky draws... yeah.

It's weird. It's almost as if they make the 11 draw so expensive to make the 100 gem draw seem like a deal. I must admit they've tricked me with that system.

Those were my lucky draws... yeah.
It's weird. It's almost as if they make the 11 draw so expensive to make the 100 gem draw seem like a deal. I must admit they've tricked me with that system.

Totally makes a couple bucks seems like chump change haha. I think that's why so many people spend at least a dollar per banner as well because a buck for a chance at a sweet sweet relic is that much more affordable! Until you add it all up of course :p

But hey, I'm all for people spending money on a game they enjoy if it's giving them hours of entertainment. From my experience though the real money I dumped into ffrk may as well have been for nothing because those relics I obtained a year ago are super outdated. Lesson learned for me. I haven't put any more money into this whatsoever and am never going to again. To be perfectly honest I think I spent about $200.00 bucks over the course of its life time, and that's WAY more than I'm willing to spend on a single video game. No more for me.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Totally makes a couple bucks seems like chump change haha. I think that's why so many people spend at least a dollar per banner as well because a buck for a chance at a sweet sweet relic is that much more affordable! Until you add it all up of course :p

But hey, I'm all for people spending money on a game they enjoy if it's giving them hours of entertainment. From my experience though the real money I dumped into ffrk may as well have been for nothing because those relics I obtained a year ago are super outdated. Lesson learned for me. I haven't put any more money into this whatsoever and am never going to again. To be perfectly honest I think I spent about $200.00 bucks over the course of its life time, and that's WAY more than I'm willing to spend on a single video game. No more for me.
I think the lack of a guarantee on the 50 dollar draw is just insane to me, considering that's basically the price of a "real game". I guess if Lucky Draws are going to be a regular thing, then maybe it's worth putting 25 dollars into the game for one of those, but even then...

And yeah, I'm sure at this point I've spent way more than 50 bucks on the single draws. lol

125 mythril (27 pulls) got me the Ultima sword and two (!) wutai headbands.
Surely the game wanted me to expand my medica options, since I already got Yuna's and Penelo's on banner 1 and 4.

So I end up after the SSBanners with the same exact amount of SSBs I had before, which is zero.
And I already had shitty luck with the Lucky Banners (1/33, Amarant gloves).

Now watch me fail hard at the FFT banner, lol

elty

I feel sorry for the guy on reddit who claimed he went 0/66 in banner 5 and 0/33 on Yuna banner.

Anyways

Lucky draw:

5/33
Cypress Rod
balthier first gun
Air Knife
Brotherhood
Blazefire saber

Phase 1 1/12
Sephiroth's katana (the least desired SSB)

Phase 2 0/1
Phase 3 0/1
Phase 4 0/4
Phase 5 1/17
Pacemaker (my 3rd target on the list)

WarAdept

Let's do a tally shall we:

Lucky Draws - 5/33

(4/11)
Master Fist
Storm Staff
Killer Bow
Gold Barette

(1/11)
Sin's Talon

(0/11)

Not a bad run on the Lucky Draws, getting a little over the average 5* pull rate. I'm forever cursed with more Monk shit (although it does help that Sin's Talon is a sword). The other 3 I'm actually pretty happy about. I need IX synergy, so the Storm Staff is good, the Killer Bow comes attached with a great SB and is my first bow and the Gold Barette allows my Red to function properly as I didn't have any natural 5* Daggers then.

Super Soul Break Festival - 9/77

(Banner 1 - 1/11)

Orichalcum

Happy about this. The SB doesn't play nice with Scream meta at all, but I really like Zidane and I needed the synergy.

(Banner 4 - 3/22)

Lustrous Sword
Lustrous Sword
Wizard Staff

Pecil is one of my favourites and it's my first duplicate 5*. Wizard Staff is meh, we'll see the value of this once multiplayer comes to Global.

(Banner 5 - 5/44)

Genji Blade
Wizard Rod
Thor's Hammer
Ebon Armour
Sentinel Grimoire

On par with the average draw rates, but man it's painful to see 0/22 pulls this banner, especially when people are pulling crazy stuff on their first pulls. Still, gotta be thankful that I've finally completed my trinity with the coveted Sentinel Grimoire. Genji Blade was a complete surprise as Gilgamesh will always be a top tier character. Wizard Rod is amazing and now I have 2 IX characters with Hastega. Already have Thor's Hammer, and may as well combine it. It's not like anyone only uses Hammers. Ebon Armour is actually cool as the +dark damage will be handy for Golbez come Darkness skillet. SG needs no comments.

And that's about it for my draws/luck. My luck had never been great and judging from my pulls and saving over 600 mithril for these events, I think I'll just be investing even more on refreshes come next Orbfest. At least I can guarantee fun stuff like my R3 Thief's Revenge and allows me to use a vast variety of characters instead of the same SB Lifesiphon spamming characters that I'd be using if I did manage to get a good offensive SB.

Ah well. Let's see how hard Tactics can fuck me over.

Kouriozan

I'll also list all I got since I don't plan on pulling anymore, it was a nice anniversary for me.

Mythrils in stock before : about ~570

Lucky banners :

- DCecil / Shadowblade
- Balthier / Capella

Mythrils spent : 75

Fest banner 1 :

- Zidane / Orichalcum

Mythrils spent : 50

Fest banner 5 :

- Tyro / Sentinel Grimoire
- Galuf / Thor's Hammer
- Yuffie / Wutai's Headband X2

Mythrils spent 150

Total spent : 275

1 SSB / 6 SB / 2 items of holy trinity

I already have and prefer using Lenna's Princess's Favor but Yuffie's 40% HP group heal is still nice.
This is what I said before the festival/lucky banners :
Will probably spend (almost) everything trying to get Tyro's wall. Time to pray!
I can always RW shout after that.

So yeah, pretty happy with the outcome, and still 400+ mythrils for the Tactics banner.

LucaMac

Went for another 11 pull on banner 5 instead of tactics...regret. such regret. Got Galufs hammer though. Now at zero mythril. Can do a three pull on tactics and hope for the best.

DejectedAngel

Neo Member
One 11x, nothing better than a Ten-Gallon Hat.

Was salty for a while but then I tallied it up.

Lucky Draws:
Yoshiyuki
Gold Barette (2x)
Kotetsu (V)
Kotetsu (VI)
Zwill Crossblade
Ninja Chainmail

FF9 YOLO pull:
Zidane's SSB (can't spell it)

Yuna:
Tiny Bee (<3)
Red Armlet (2nd one actually)
Edincoat
Adamant Armour

Basically, like last time, all my luck during celebration came from banners that ran before or during it, not ones that were directly part of it.

I think from here on out I'm just gonna spend whenever; I get better results that way lol.

Also, don't let the Yuna BSSB hate brigade fool you; it's actually still quite good, mainly the Scattershot command; basically free Maudin post-buff spam. On a healer I'd rather have a better heal but at least it's animation is kinda cool.

FFMafia

I had a plan to 11xpull once on the first banner once on third and no more than 2 on 5fth banner if needed. Third banner was 0 5* and first pull on 5th banner dud also then I said eh let's see about 2nd pull: got Cardinal! And wizard rod! And the wutai band which is I don't really have any vii armor synergy so that's a nice blessing ( sorry I don't know how to insert photo to show instead of writing all of this, I'm on an iPhone)

hesho

just remember the rule of thumb when it comes to pulling....

the more you want an item in the banner, the less likely you will get it!!!

Dragner

I actually have the problem of having too many good relics for good characters. Dont using lightning with her SSB its a luxury I didnt think I would have. First world problems.

Unless I have her ready for U+ Cagnazzo.

I had planned to pull on the final super soul break banner because of the chance for Sentinel Grimoire

First 11 pull: Galuf's SB - he's still level 1 -_-
Second 11 pull: 3 and 4* items

Not enough mythril for another 50 pull so decide to give up.

Then decide on one single pull for the road...

FINALLY, a defensive/Hastega soul break!

Valus

Grats to everyone on their accomplishments/pulls during Spring Festival and SSB Fest

I whaled hard during these events, forgive me GAF.

My end results:

All characters maxed out, including Monk/Devout. Unlocked all available record materia.

Power Orbs:
1,305 3*
365 4*
53 5*

White Orbs:
1,175 3*
337 4*
72 5*

Black Orbs:
1,161 3*
251 4*
50 5*

Summon Orbs:
1,023 3*
155 4*
48 5*

NE Orbs:
1,261 3*
290 4*
54 5*

Fire Orbs:
859 3*
238 4*
57 5*

Ice Orbs:
1,441 3*
164 4*
44 5*

Lightning Orbs:
1,941 3*
318 4*
41 5*

Earth Orbs:
1,718 3*
271 4*
31 5*

Wind Orbs:
2,155 3*
272 4*
60 5*

Holy Orbs:
846 3*
192 4*
62 5*

Dark Orbs:
1,028 3*
196 4*
59 5*

SSB Fest

Phase 1: Yoshiyuki, Regal Gown, Lullaby Rod
Phase 2: Wing Edge 2x
Phase 3: Organics 2x, Machine Gun 4x, Corps Field Uniform, Glaive 2x (XIII), Maximillion (XII), Zantetsuken (V)
Phase 4: Lustrous Sword, Mace of Zeus, Valiant Knife, Wizard Staff, Asura's Rod, Judicer's Staff
Phase 5: Cardinal 2x, Peacemaker, Sentinel's Grimoire, Ultima Sword, 2x Thor Hammer

I got a lot of the relics I really wanted, the only ones that I still wish I got was Madiun's Horn and Genji Blade. Hopefully I'll see them again soon.

ccbfan

Wow ultima buster is really easy.

Champed it with a scouting team in two tries. 2 of my character were worthless because of bad skill choices. Used lightning rw which surprisingly did way less damage than expected, Is this back row affected? Barely broke 9999 damage. Probably would have had higher dps using ninja skills.

1. SG and shell will allow you to easily survive the first phase.
2. Ninja skills > magic skills. Just bring carbuncle.
3. With carbuncle you need 0 defensive spells and cures.
4. I need like 6 uses of skills but that's more because I bought 2 infective characters, everyone should have probably 4 to 5 uses of a lightning/fire skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom