• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

greyshark

I used Advantilate on the boss. I had tried a sleep->Bioblaster option and a stop->Planet Protector option and neither managed to get me where I needed to be, but Advantilate+honing Sleep to 8 uses got me there. Yay.

Wait, do retaliate counters not wake up the boss?

MrDaravon

Ugh, Phase 4 can't come soon enough. In a weird spot in the mid-30s with my main team and the Classic Dungeons are starting to get a bit challenging, but I don't want to dump all of my mats upgrading my current gear any further in case I get better stuff on the next half-off pull.

greyshark

They do. I went with Advantilate+Stop for that reason. But when I tried the sleep strategy I didn't use Retaliate.

Got it - makes sense. I used Stop as well - did not need retaliate, but I had the advantage of a RS 5* Rod to deal tons of damage with -ga spells.

Those of you who are spending a bunch of mythril on refreshes, are you waiting to completely empty your stamina before using mythril or do you just sacrifice the remaining stamina in order to get through them more quickly?

Razmos

Those of you who are spending a bunch of mythril on refreshes, are you waiting to completely empty your stamina before using mythril or do you just sacrifice the remaining stamina in order to get through them more quickly?
I don't mind wasting like 1 or 2 stamina, but if I have like 7 stamina, I'll usually wait until it is at 15 so I can do one more run, and then refreshing straight after.

MicH

I'm currently at 31 characters at level 65 and everyone else at 50 or higher

After using a mythril to refresh my stamina I'm usually sitting at 5-7 leftover stamina at which point I'll wait. If I'm at 1-3 leftover stamina I'll just refresh right away

I don't mind wasting like 1 or 2 stamina, but if I have like 7 stamina, I'll usually wait until it is at 15 so I can do one more run, and then refreshing straight after.
Same here. I have 130 STA and usually end up with 1 or 2 over when I'm done with all of my runs. If I get distracted or take a break, then I'll start up again when I have 15 STA.

Falk

that puzzling face
Also, I rarely do the daily dungeons which means a few things, first that I was pretty behind on hones, second that I was pretty behind on leveling up my scrub characters. That has changed. I've taken Auron from 30 to 62, Terra from 50 to 65, Lightning from 50 to 65, Cloud to 65+, Summoner from 30 to 50, White Mage from 30 to 50, Edgar from 30 to 50, Sephiroth to mid-50s, Squall to 51, Dark Cecil to 50, Tellah to 50, Zack to 50, Dagger to 50, Cyan to 45, and now working on Tifa and Paladin Cecil to 50. Used my Major Orb from the login bonuses to bring Barrett from 1 to 31 in one go. Really feel like I've made a big stride catching up on the power curve.

Hahahah that's like steroids injection.

Falk

that puzzling face

Combination. I already planned it all out beforehand, 40/13*/80**/47*** refreshes (values got changed) for Stage 1-4.

* ** *** - These numbers were originally 40/30/70/40, but the only thing I really wanted out of Stage 2 were Major Earth for honing Meteor r2. I lucked out and hit that at 12 Mythril used, so I diverted the rest into Stage 3 and 4 instead.

For Stages 1, 2 and 4 I refresh from 0 because of the lower count.

Stage 3 is hybrid. I'm doing 80 reps, but I split it up. 40 prior to DU12, refreshing as fast as possible with Cloud and Golbez duo, taking Cloud to lv80. (takes ~2 hours per 10 mythril) Break off for DU12, then another 40 refreshes from 0 after DU12 since I'm now at 140stam.

The thing about 140stam vs 137 is that the 'wait time' between refreshes went down from 39m to 30m. When refreshing dozens of them, the time adds up. Additionally, since if you take my Stage 3 plan, the difference isn't 3 stam per refresh, it's 3 stam plus the difference between refreshing ASAP (~4 stam wasted) and refreshing at 0 (<1 stam wasted), so effectively I'm saving 6-7 stam per repetition by doing DU12.

Between the remainder of Stage 3 and Stage 4, that's 87 total refreshes and approximately 550+ stam saved.

p.s. when refreshing from 0, since I'm not rushing through stages ASAP I'm just autobattling (the autobattle option is actually set to 'on') and checking my phone every minute or so while doing other stuff. Only actual sit-down-and-grind period were the initial 40 of Stage 3 which was spamming AOE with Cloud/Golbez as fast as possible to cut down wastage.

Razmos

Was going to go on and waste my stamina so that it is recharged for when the next phase starts, but the game is giving me an endless loading screen on startup :/

Falk

that puzzling face
Are you getting Error 40XX (can't remember last two numbers)

The game gave me an infinite loop of that till I closed it completely and restarted.

PANICKED

Razmos

Not getting an error message at all, it just infinitely loads.

FAKE EDIT: Restarting the device and then reloading it a couple of times worked

ACTUAL EDIT: Restarting the device seems to have restarted my luck too, first run of the orb dungeon just got me 2 cactuars and a gigantuar, 2 greaters and a major

As far as loading loops closing and opening usually works however if the problem really persists clearing application cache can work. This does have the downside of having redownload the realms/events which is triggered when you enter them so not recommended if running under data.

Falk

that puzzling face
I have to keep reminding myself when I'm reading this thread that Falk's strategies and machinations are for beyond the normal player

Specifically for Orb Dungeon or grinding, no.

In general terms, I think a lot of advice (managing expectations, RNG sample sizes, maths behind stacking buffs and debuffs, etc) are all pretty sound regardless :p

Also hey, a dude's gotta make up for 0/44 with awesome hones OK?!

MrDaravon

Combination. I already planned it all out beforehand, 40/13*/80**/47*** refreshes (values got changed) for Stage 1-4.

* ** *** - These numbers were originally 40/30/70/40, but the only thing I really wanted out of Stage 2 were Major Earth for honing Meteor r2. I lucked out and hit that at 12 Mythril used, so I diverted the rest into Stage 3 and 4 instead.

For Stages 1, 2 and 4 I refresh from 0 because of the lower count.

Stage 3 is hybrid. I'm doing 80 reps, but I split it up. 40 prior to DU12, refreshing as fast as possible with Cloud and Golbez duo, taking Cloud to lv80. (takes ~2 hours per 10 mythril) Break off for DU12, then another 40 refreshes from 0 after DU12 since I'm now at 140stam.

The thing about 140stam vs 137 is that the 'wait time' between refreshes went down from 39m to 30m. When refreshing dozens of them, the time adds up. Additionally, since if you take my Stage 3 plan, the difference isn't 3 stam per refresh, it's 3 stam plus the difference between refreshing ASAP (~4 stam wasted) and refreshing at 0 (<1 stam wasted), so effectively I'm saving 6-7 stam per repetition by doing DU12.

Between the remainder of Stage 3 and Stage 4, that's 87 total refreshes and approximately 550+ stam saved.

p.s. when refreshing from 0, since I'm not rushing through stages ASAP I'm just autobattling (the autobattle option is actually set to 'on') and checking my phone every minute or so while doing other stuff. Only actual sit-down-and-grind period were the initial 40 of Stage 3 which was spamming AOE with Cloud/Golbez as fast as possible to cut down wastage.

mhmm, I understand some of these words

Edit: Got two Greater Orbs back to back on Hard of the current orb phase (not high enough level to do the highest difficulty) :D. Baby steps! Just kinda grinding this out when I have the stamina to do so and level up some other characters on the side, I'm waiting for the new half-off pull to hit tonight to level up gear to try to push further into classic dungeons, the last couple I'm barely getting Master on.

Wazzy

Banned
Drops were terrible in phase 3 so I'm taking a break and catching up on dungeons. Currently doing Dark Bahamut classic(Christ they're getting a lot harder) so how far behind am I? I really want to pick up Red XIII's MC.

Dark Bahamut was last update, so you're not too terribly far behind. 4 or so dungeons to the most recent update, and then I think Red's MC is ~3 dungeons in?

Wazzy

Banned
Dark Bahamut was last update, so you're not too terribly far behind. 4 or so dungeons to the most recent update, and then I think Red's MC is ~3 dungeons in?

Awesome and thanks! Hoping to stay caught up after all of this so it's good to know I'm not too far behind.

The thing about 140stam vs 137 is that the 'wait time' between refreshes went down from 39m to 30m. When refreshing dozens of them, the time adds up.
Just hit 140 stamina and it definitely helps a bit, it just seems like I'll be spending the next two days or more trying to spend this mythril without wasting too much (~45 shards). I definitely planned on spending more time in phase 3 than any of the others anyways, but I'd hoped to do some of the Hope event on the last day so I can get some refreshes in on phase 4. It looks like I'll be cutting it close.

Did the Seymour Flux fight and didn't take any decent physical mitigation which lead to some annoying RNG wiping out my healer. Was getting frustrated as my stamina continued to waste while S/Ling the boss, then after finally clearing it, it dropped a GDO, and then the very first round of Orb dungeon I did afterwards dropped this
ljfEHBr.png
Alright game, I forgive you.

MicH

With this surplus of orbs what abilities should I be creating or saving orbs for?
It depends on what you have. R3 Waterja and Thundaja are really nice. For summons go with Valefor. If you don't have highly hones summons, Meteor or Quake I would seriously consider honing Ruinga once we get it with the Hope event boss rush

If you don't have the Breakdowns be sure to farm Greater Power and Greater Non-elemental orbs during the next phase as well.

Falk

that puzzling face
Won't know till it hits EN since JP doesn't have the Character Profile feature for whatever reason.

edit: I wonder what the monster sprites are gonna look like!

MrDaravon

How far behind Japan are we, isn't it like ~4 months or something like that? I need to make sure I can get Agrias/Ramza and their MC's >_>

Falk

that puzzling face
Almost 3 stages of farming over and I JUST realized that the lootdrop animation scaling a bunch of fake-wasted-time based on your battle speed also has a hilarious side effect - every time something drops loot at battle speed 5, people with sap (Dragoon's Determination, Self Sacrifice) take three whole ticks of sap while not doing anything.

Nohar

Ramza is in Dissidia 3?!

On a side note: Ramza looks very feminine in this artwork. Must be the hourglass and the hartman figure.
Seriously, he looks like a woman.
And a very cute one at that.
I'm feeling so confused right now. Must be the ice orbs giving me a brain freeze.

Valus

Ramza is in Dissidia 3?!

On a side note: Ramza looks very feminine in this artwork. Must be the hourglass and the hartman figure.
I'm feeling so confused right now. Must be the ice orbs giving me a brain freeze.

Don't look up FFT hentai or you will become even more confused.

MrDaravon

Ramza is in Dissidia 3?!

I haven't been following it super closely, but I think they said everyone who was in Dissidia 2: Electric Boogaloo will be returning.

Wazzy

Banned
Ramza is in Dissidia 3?!

No he definitely looks feminine. I've never liked Ramza's young design because of the ponytail and the fact he made me think he was an awesome female hero when I was younger. :p his second design is better and balances out the feminine appearance better so that he still is obviously male but has a softer look.

MrDaravon

No he definitely looks feminine. I've never liked Ramza's young design because of the ponytail and the fact he made me think he was an awesome female hero when I was younger. :p his second design is better and balances out the feminine appearance better so that he still is obviously male but has a softer look.

Yeah I vastly prefer his second look, not a fan of the hockey jersey he has on in the first one. Sucks that the minimal merchandise they've put out for FFT always has him in the first one, and cameos (like in Theathrhythm) use it as well.

broz0rs

hey.. isn't that good old Wiegraf? My all time favorite Final Fantasy punching bag.

for that encounter, there should be a game mechanic where if you choose just one character, boost should be stackable by up to ten. (FFT inside joke)

good luck to those pulling the final Lucky Draw. Especially Falk!

I got one Major Summon Orb and two each Major Fire and Ice Orbs over ten mythril refreshes at 128 stamina (minus stamina used for VII event bonus battles).

But really, this event is about 4&#9733; Orbs and I've been happy with that (even more so when orb conversion is here, bye-bye 3&#9733; and 5&#9733; Summon Orbs).

Going twenty mythril for the next batch, I need so many of all three in this set. Bladeblitz, Curaja (?), Breakdowns, Pound, Dismissal, Valefor, OH GOD IT'S NOT GOING TO BE ENOUGH.

MrDaravon

hey.. isn't that good old Wiegraf? My all time favorite Final Fantasy punching bag.

for that encounter, there should be a game mechanic where if you choose just one character, boost should be stackable by up to ten. (FFT inside joke)

good luck to those pulling the final Lucky Draw. Especially Falk!

thunder shoes pls

That was the first time in my life were both me and a friend didn't have backup saves and had to completely start over :(

Vorpal

Anybody else getting tons of new friends the last few days? Nothing for weeks, then bam. Didn't even change my RW.

Same here. Probably about 10-12 new friends in the past day or two. My RW is Tidus with Brotherhood, so not even anything particularly special. Weird!

Falk

that puzzling face
People just want non-elemental AOE to go through orb dungeon I guess?

There's been an influx of new folk to the game too these past 2-3 weeks.

edit: less than 30 minutes to go, commence pacing floor

broz0rs

thunder shoes pls

That was the first time in my life were both me and a friend didn't have backup saves and had to completely start over :(

oh brother. i'm certain that the Wiegraf encounter had various "first time" stuff for a lot of people, such as

first time to reroll
first time to toss controller
first time you wanted to kill the gamefaqs author

it felt like such an accomplishment after figuring that fight out. it's no surprise that he's chosen as a boss for this collaboration for the nostalgia factor.

Falk

that puzzling face
For the stats nerds:

Summary:

Total Mythril Spent for 3 stages: 138 (40/13/80 plus 5 for zooming past Cloud event and DU12)

Total Orbs from Orb Dungeon (excludes Orb Dungeon/Cloud Event/DU12 Clear/Mastery Rewards)
Black
5* 2
4* 46
3* 775

Lightning
5* 2
4* 47
3* 782

Dark
5* 8 (lol)
4* 51
3* 759

White
5* 5
4* 22
3* 339

Earth
5* 3
4* 19
3* 324

Holy
5* 2
4* 24
3* 328

Summon (wooooooooooo)
5* 8
4* 77
3* 1321

Fire
5* 14 (Give thanks to Lord Cacutar)
4* 93
3* 1354

Ice
5* 14 (Same)
4* 101
3* 1349

GRAND TOTALS
5* 58
4* 480
3* 7331

edit: I think I got gipped on Greater Summons tbh, would gladly swap ice and summon results around lol

edit2: Corrected numbers by subtracting the 3 Major Fire from Cloud +++. Oops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom