• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

Is it live now or only during certain times? Having a hard time finding where everything is buried?
The lucky banner is live now, yes. But you can only do it once during each phase of the Festival of Gold. The next phase starts tomorrow, so if you do a pull on the Lucky Banner today, you can do another one tomorrow.

Made short work of Jenova Death with Advantaliate and only lost the usual 3 medals that I usually lose.

I tried Venom Bustering but it never stuck, but I never really needed it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's been fun guys, but I'm finally hanging my hat and giving up on this game. I'm a day one player and I've logged in absolutely every day since launch. I've got every "timed" character, and before the current event anyway, every memory crystal. I've got a hundred or so 5* items, all max level - tons of unique soul breaks, all mastered. Most of my characters are level 50/65. Almost all 4* abilities, many honed though no 5* abilities (but close, with the recent orb dungeons).

And I've hit a wall, both literally and figuratively. First, I've been stuck on the stupid demon wall (not elite) core dungeon in Final Fantasy XII for about a month. Probably burned 600 or so stamina trying different tactics. It's crazy how a party of 50/65 characters with character/equipment synergy can't take out a difficulty 80 core dungeon. So that's been frustrating, because it means I've missed out on the last two dungeon updates and their stamina crystals and characters.

Now fast forward to the Final Fantasy VII event that's currently going on. Battled my way up to the Jenova LIFE (+) battle, and I'm hitting the same frustration. Cloud/Sephiroth/Aerith/Zack/Tifa all level 65. Aerith has both the Aurora Rod and Keepsake Ribbon with uniques mastered. I've burned about 200 stamina trying different strategies, and didn't get anywhere . It's the first time I've not been able to unlock something that I feel is crucial to moving forward (Cloud's MC2).

It used to be a fun game. Now it's like agonizing frustration every time I log in. I've removed it from my phone and don't plan on re-installing. Tomorrow will be the first day since March that I've not signed in. It's been fun GAF.
I don't know if you are one of those players who are against advance-retaliate on principle, but for solo boss enemies like these ones in the current event, it's a viable strategy.

For me, the day they patch out metareta is the day I stop playing the game. It's the only way I can make any progress given the lack of orbs (even now the 4 star orbs are still pretty sparse lol).

Is it live now or only during certain times? Having a hard time finding where everything is buried?
Select 'Relics' at the bottom. This is where you put mythril into the gatcha and see what you get - its usually themed alongside the characters being currently promoted in an event. In this case, Its the Lucky Draw one you want. Save 25 mythril asap and use it on that, and then another 25 before the final lucky draw expires on Saturday:)

MyvTeddy

Neo Member
Yep.

I just cheesed Jenova LIFE with Stop. I think that in my entire history of playing Final Fantasy, this is the very first time that I have ever found a use for the Stop status, soo... thanks for that Record Keeper :p

The only other time I ever used a status effect on bosses was Final Fantasy V. Other than that, ezpz with stop and advantaliate.

Now I don't know if I want to 5 man orb grind to get my characters XP or get Cloud to 80 by himself or with another character.

MrDaravon

Daily newbie question time, where/what is the boss rush? Is it at the end of the current FF7 event? I'm only high enough level to complete the first part of that currently.

Also when does item synergy really start to matter? If I haven't cleared all of the Classic dungeons yet should I be worrying about that? My inventory has gotten full a few times, right now for space I'm just immediately scrapping 1* items and trying to not go too crazy leveling up my current gear, and only trying to level the 4 & 5* items mostly. Inventory management is kind of a pain with having to balance what you have equipped, rarity, what realm it's from etc. I'm not even sure how you guys do it - once I've got a bunch more characters is the easiest way just to equip characters with gear from their realm, then swap in characters as they're realm appropriate as opposed to rotating gear with a smaller group of characters? Right now I'm doing the latter, but I don't have a lot of characters so my options are limited anyway. I'm currently using Tyro, Cloud, Cyan, Wakka and Rydia, and ignoring the core class type characters I've only got I think Kain, Barrett, Josef and maybe one other character.

Daily newbie question time, where/what is the boss rush? Is it at the end of the current FF7 event? I'm only high enough level to complete the first part of that currently.

Also when does item synergy really start to matter? If I haven't cleared all of the Classic dungeons yet should I be worrying about that? My inventory has gotten full a few times, right now for space I'm just immediately scrapping 1* items and trying to not go too crazy leveling up my current gear, and only trying to level the 4 & 5* items mostly. Inventory management is kind of a pain with having to balance what you have equipped, rarity, what realm it's from etc. I'm not even sure how you guys do it - once I've got a bunch more characters is the easiest way just to equip characters with gear from their realm, then swap in characters as they're realm appropriate as opposed to rotating gear with a smaller group of characters? Right now I'm doing the latter, but I don't have a lot of characters so my options are limited anyway. I'm currently using Tyro, Cloud, Cyan, Wakka and Rydia, and ignoring the core class type characters I've only got I think Kain, Barrett, Josef and maybe one other character.

The Boss rush is at the end of the other side, usually released a few days after the event has started.

I've already scrapped all of my 1-2 * gear. I might have even done so for the 3's, but that's only because I finally have decent 5 * gear for most situations.

Thanks. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong either - I don't know if it's a case of game just hating me and giving me bad luck, or if there is something legitimately screwed up about my setup. LIFE typically opens with the Aqua Breath move followed by the Blue Light move, killing one party member and leaving the rest with about 10-20% health. If I'm lucky I can get a Shellga off before Aqua Breath hits, but I've had to S/L a bunch and can typically only Shellga about 1/4 times before Aqua Breath hits.

I tried the Poison/Sleep/Seal Evil/Kirin tactic, and it's the closest I've come to beating the boss. Poison LIFE, then either Sleep or Seal Evil, cast Kirin for group regen. Then repeat while blasting at the sleeping LIFE with 4* AJA spells. Lots of S/L'ing to get this set up - I probably spent 6 hours yesterday trying different variations of this and other tactics. Didn't win, and got pretty pissed off. Took some time to cool off overnight and tried again this morning with still no success. :(

Well in this case, I'll be missing Cloud's Memory Crystal.

I abused boon to take down that jenova and get cloud's MC2. I had sephiroth spam stop every other turn (with 8 abilities). Boon first turn and brought it with attacks.

Aerith for healing, tidus and dark Cecil (both have unique soul breaks and were max level) tempo flurry and double attacks all over the place. Cloud had aeroara strike and retaliate (but I didn't use his retaliate this time). The hardest part was getting a opening round of attacks that didn't kill sephiroth or the boon caster. I abused the "close the app" glitch so I could restart the battle for free until I got the opening I wanted. Ended up completing it (as opposed to mastering it) but cloud stayed alive so I got his MC2. I just took too many turns,

Keep at it, I am jealous until last week my only SBs were that dark Cecil and Tidus. You can do that battle

Falk

that puzzling face
First 10 Mythril today out of 40 netted me another 7 major orbs.

And only 8 Greater Summons.

I think the game is on to me.

greyshark

First 10 Mythril today out of 40 netted me another 7 major orbs.

And only 8 Greater Summons.

I think the game is on to me.

I think your Lucky Draw luck has been transferred to orb drops. I had a pretty good return on Greater/Majors the first 2 stages with no 5* draws - got 3 5* this time and my greater orbs have disappeared.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Harvest Festival in a few months, and with better returns.

edit: We're talking 5 months here lol
Well, these last few days feels like I've been playing for months so... lol

As long as advance still works until then, there shouldn't really be a problem. I think next time I'll just spread out the refreshes and use them even on the orbs I may not need... because trying to grind summon orbs all day is a bad idea.

Nohar

@WarAdept: Added you! Would appreciate a mutual following if you are interested in a SG user :) (I can switch to a few other SB now, including Hymn of the Faith and Blade Beam, though I'll keep SG unless someone ask for something else).

Festival of orbs is beginning to feel numbing (23 Mythril used so far, won't spend more than 50)... Truth to be told, I will be happy when it is over. I didn't drop as many 4* and 5* orbs as I thought I would (well, at least we know where Falk's luck went).

Falk

that puzzling face
(well, at least we know where Falk's luck went).

Eh, I've had 10-mythril stretches with zero 5* orbs

It just tends to average out with a large sample size.

edit: obviously I meant 5* don't murder me

edit2: I thought running Snow with Draw Fire and SOLDIER Counter would be funny. It's not. The proc rate is terrible.

Razmos

FLyEkIw.pngv

Gehf7vo.png

RkZQ3iv.png

The event comes with Agrias and Ramza's MC1 AND 2.

Yuna's FFX-2 gunner dressphere has been revealed as the next dress record :3

Razmos

There's a new 5* Knight ability too. 2 hits on a single target and casts Esuna and Regen on the user.

Also FFT Relics
They both have SSB's, huh

Ramza has 3 unique soul breaks in one banner, goddamn.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yoooooooooo just over 14 hours to the moment of truth e.g. we find out if Falk becomes 0/44 wizard.

I wonder if I should livestream the pull or something.

edit: I legit haven't looked forward to something in this game as much as now lol

Falk you're going to get your first 5 star relic tonight!
Dusk Lance.

Those FFT characters look awesome Razmos! Man there is so much content they could keep adding...and Yuna sounds like a pretty good dress record to add. Is Cloud the only other one so far? Adult Rydia could be a cool one to have somewhere down the line.

Falk

that puzzling face
There's a new 5* Knight ability too. 2 hits on a single target and casts Esuna and Regen on the user.

Also FFT Relics
They both have SSB's, huh

Ramza has 3 unique soul breaks in one banner, goddamn.

I think this is the only way to make FFT characters, whether 1-time or the start of FFT representation, more than a token "oh level them to 65 then stow them away" gimmick.

Keep in mind JP is at the state where all the other realms have characters (some multiple) with MC2/SSB already. If the FFT characters can't at least match that, they're useless.

(And of course there's Cloud and his bike lolo)

Razmos

FFT Soul Breaks:
Ramza - Platinum Sword - Increase party ATK by 50% give party Haste.
Agrias - Defender - All target 4 Hits physical attack, Paralyze and Silence them.
Ramza - Grand Armor - Restore 40% of Max HP to your party and give them Protect.
Agrias - Kaiser Plate - Single target 3 Hits physical attack, reducing target's ATK and MAG.
Ramza - Nu Khai Armband - Single target 6 Hits physical attack, stunning target.

Falk

that puzzling face
At 70 of 80 refreshes, took a detour to +++ since Cloud is 80 and Barret is 65.

I... think I overprepared. lv80 Cloud + Buster Sword + Boost + Armor Breakdown + Full Break = 7.4k normal hits. Who even needs Advance hahahah.*

Brought Venom Buster and Curaga, didn't even use them. Magic Breakdown + Full Break + Boon makes Tropic hit for like 150.

qovgFq8l.png

gMYVWdPl.png

Would be saying different if I didn't have a Buster Sword

Falk

that puzzling face
Truth be told only reason I did it now is because I spent the entire day culling (by using them) my friend summon list of everyone except the Boons and Advances and it was quick access before the friend summon list resets (in 1 minute)

I guess also because 40 stam is a drop in the bucket when you're refreshing 80 times D:

I've been the opposite. I haven't really used RMs since the Fest started. I run my team as 2 characters w/ the Loner and Solitude RMs; auto battling at the fastest speed. As a result, I never use any RWs and, thus, have been unequipping them before starting a new set.

Jyrii

Banned
What RW should I use? Or are they all as (un)desirable.

- Edgar with Partisan (Bioblaster: physical poison dmg to all targets+ poison them)
- Cloud with Murasame (Bladestorm Rain: physical water dmg to all targets)
- Vivi with Full Metal Staff (Light of Ruin: holy dmg to all targets)
- Aerith with Keepsake Ribbon (Planet Protector: raise party's attack)

MicH

- Edgar with Partisan (Bioblaster: physical poison dmg to all targets+ poison them)
Keepsake Ribbon, definitely

Planet Protector.

MicH

I've played since day 1 and I've never gotten a 5* from the common relic draw. The best I've gotten is a 4* and some 3*

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Beat Jenova Life EX++, got Cloud's MC2 *tears of joy*. This is the first time, as a completely free player (* side note: I've noticed a lot of people describe themselves as "free" players "except" for 100 gem pulls--uh, if you've been doing 100 gem pulls this whole time you've paid like $30 so far) who has been lagging behind the curve a little bit that I've been able to get my shit together and make progress. Really looking forward to refocusing my attention on dungeons after orbfest is done, because I think I'll be able to make some pretty great progress. And for the first time since I've started playing the game, I have more equipment to upgrade than upgrade materials. That feels pretty good.

I used Advantilate on the boss. I had tried a sleep->Bioblaster option and a stop->Planet Protector option and neither managed to get me where I needed to be, but Advantilate+honing Sleep to 8 uses got me there. Yay.

Also, I rarely do the daily dungeons which means a few things, first that I was pretty behind on hones, second that I was pretty behind on leveling up my scrub characters. That has changed. I've taken Auron from 30 to 62, Terra from 50 to 65, Lightning from 50 to 65, Cloud to 65+, Summoner from 30 to 50, White Mage from 30 to 50, Edgar from 30 to 50, Sephiroth to mid-50s, Squall to 51, Dark Cecil to 50, Tellah to 50, Zack to 50, Dagger to 50, Cyan to 45, and now working on Tifa and Paladin Cecil to 50. Used my Major Orb from the login bonuses to bring Barrett from 1 to 31 in one go. Really feel like I've made a big stride catching up on the power curve.

Kenai

^Mega grats. Completing events feels really nice indeed, especially for the ones representing games you enjoy.

I've played since day 1 and I've never gotten a 5* from the common relic draw. The best I've gotten is a 4* and some 3*

I got a Gaia Blade a few months ago from Free Relic and dropped my toothbrush mid brush cause I was so shocked, then immediately felt like even more of a nerd than normal.

Jarekx

Orbfest has done a lot for me but I still don't think I'll be able to get strong enough to get Cloud's MC2. Sucks but I guess i'll just have to wait til the blank crystals event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom