• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

I haven't needed a second copy of the aja spells at all. The aga spells do the job fine if you need more casts.

I also haven't needed more than R2 Full Break. R3 is a luxury, not really needed

Yeah I forgot to mention I still have all my -ga spells at r3.

If Full Break r3 is just a luxury thing I'll just hold off for now, not like I can't always just make it later.

Brandson

I also haven't needed more than R2 Full Break. R3 is a luxury, not really needed

I agree, I stopped at R2 also. For single target ultimates, 1-2 uses are generally enough. It's only for multiple enemies where higher ranks might be useful. If you want to use Full Break for its own ability to deal damage though, then hone away. I feel like I'm going to try experimenting with Quick Hit on a thief before bothering to take Full Break to R3.

Gee, some of this thread and pretty much all of Reddit has been a bit embarrassing over the last day or so.

I still have over three hundred Mythril, I thought about doing a couple of pulls but I'll probably skip now, I'd rather not be part of it, haha.

Falk

that puzzling face
I can see -jas doubling up when DEF/RES gets absurd and bosses have a vulnerability, but I'm wondering if en-____ with skills like Barrage/Thief Raid would be a better choice anyway.

Magic is in a dire place at the moment. It still has its hassle-free trash-clearing niche right now, which is kinda hilarious considering in classic Final Fantasy you save your MP (or limited casts in FFI/III) for bosses.

Kouriozan

Even without HotE, bosses barely do any damages :lol
At first he did 3x 1k damages with the same attack with only protectga, now add Wall/Full Break/Agrias's SB and

FRrP9MAl.jpg

Really feels like I switched to easy mode.
Thankfully some bosses have break resists.

Noi

I can see -jas doubling up when DEF/RES gets absurd and bosses have a vulnerability, but I'm wondering if en-____ with skills like Barrage/Thief Raid would be a better choice anyway.

Magic is in a dire place at the moment. It still has its hassle-free trash-clearing niche right now, which is kinda hilarious considering in classic Final Fantasy you save your MP (or limited casts in FFI/III) for bosses.

I used to be bothered by using up my abilities before now, so id always bring one caster with element/ruinga to clear the trash. Now I'm freely using lifesiphon on trash and curaja liberally to heal before the boss, then unloading the SSBs and healing with Tailwind / Medica once im at the end.

Tactics changed everything.

Falk

that puzzling face
Lifesiphon meta really started before FFT though.

It just so happens this is the first DU after SSBFest.

(Or in a long time, lol)

WarAdept

The content definitely has slowed down to a crawl.

Thankfully Kingdom Hearts Unchained X comes out real soon.

Or I could just buy FF9 for Android.

How annoying is the Skull Dragon in the last VI Elite? Can I just burst him down with SSB hoping for no Disaster and S/L if it happens or I should just find a Medica II for my RW?

How annoying is the Skull Dragon in the last VI Elite? Can I just burst him down with SSB hoping for no Disaster and S/L if it happens or I should just find a Medica II for my RW?

Basically pray to rngesus that he doesn't disaster, he's a joke if he doesn't.

Fun story the xii boss that has the garunteeds multiple status attack late in the boss fight got everyone, my 3 confused, blinded, shouted offense characters all hit the boss anyway through blindness killing it ^o^

Noi

Finally unlocked a full two sets of dailies on a full stamina bar.

Lifesiphon meta really started before FFT though.

It just so happens this is the first DU after SSBFest.

(Or in a long time, lol)

Right, I just mean pairing it up with Shout + the more free/liberal access to SSBs that's happened since lifesiphon came out.

Dreavus

Holy shit I beat my first ultimate battle. God, this fight... felt like so many things needed to go right to win. That might just speak to my sub-par team though. One of the dudes snipes someone before defences are up, reset. Blindga misses on shield guy, reset. Tempo doesn't slow Leblanc quickly enough so I get destroyed by no love lost, reset. Maybe if my synergy was stronger I'd have had a better time, but as it was everything had to go perfect.

EDIT: Shoutouts (ha) to the new Shout RW I was able to use though, I think that gave me the damage I needed.

Balphon

He doesn't do much, so I'd look for the RW just to stave off RNG. He only used disaster once both times I fought him.

More then that having a second wall free is nice since I always run into a scenario if Y'sholta is my only white mage she isn't building meter constantly throwing out curaga

I've been using r5 curaja for a bit now, and r5 curaga before that, which lets you just kind of spam heals even if you don't necessarily need them right at that moment to build meter. That and r2 protectga/shellga to make sure that they're always up and having something to build meter without using another curaga/curaja. Alternatively, if you can spare an ability slot, Y'shtola can use Wrath which when combined with the Ace Striker RM builds just over 1 SB worth of meter with every 2 uses. I've used that before with the FFVII candle rod to be able to keep the Wall up all fight while still being able to throw out a group heal or two.

I've been giving my WHM the Knight's Charge RM. Not gonna build meter by attacking anyway, and they'll be taking damage, so yeah

B.K.

The Wiegraf battle in the Tactics event was a bit tough. It's going to suck trying to do the ultimate with no synergy.

Falk

that puzzling face
It... really isn't that bad. (As far as Ultimates go)

It definitely follows in the footsteps of stuff like FFXIV in that DeNA balances with the assumption that most equipment is going to be non-synergy (current mythril-dump controversy aside)

It's basically:

- RNG applying Poison and Slow to Belias
- RNG not having the adds cast too much shit like Gigaflares before they go down, which should take two turns, tops.
- Slight RNG with Belias in the Weak face not facerolling your team. With Slow up this isn't too bad.

The adds have less than 40k HP. They're basically about as tanky as the Shadow Creepers in Bahamut SIN.

edit: I think I'd better rephrase:

This FFT event's tuning is such that it doesn't expect you to be sneezing RS gear out the wazoo like, say, a FFVII or FFX event. Yes, the Ultimate *is* an Ultimate level and isn't a pushover, but if you're struggling, it's probably not from a lack of RS.

It was the same for the FFXIV event. If you pulled something like Thancred's dagger, you probably wrecked the +++, but it was just fine without.

WarAdept

More data from 72,246 pulls

There is no doubt they fucked with the rates.

With that amount of data, no doubt. Is DeNA going to own up? Probably not. Their sole purpose is to make money anyway. Will the damaged consumer relations between us and them affect their profit in the future? Let's see...

I won't be giving them my 100 gem pulls, that's for sure. Thank god I'm not one of the sorry sods who invest hard in this game.

Xetherion

Oh I'd been meaning to ask: I have all of my -ja's (Waterja etc) at r3 right now, and I haven't felt much of a need to take them to r4 yet outside of maybe one or two instances. Is r3 generally considered good enough for those, or should I go r4? Also directly related, at any point do I really need to worry about crafting a second copy of these? I haven't really messed with mage meta since even if I wanted to I probably wouldn't have had the gear until now, I'm not sure if that's the only situation where that would really warrant maybe crafting duplicates of at least some of them (maybe Drainja and Waterja?).

Also Full Break r3 is ideal right? As in you want r3, but r4 is generally not needed? Mine's at r2 right now, just want to make sure before I burn the orbs.

I have 2 copies of Firaja as it was given as an event reward twice. I don't remember which fight it was, but I recently used both against a high difficulty boss weak to fire. Some bosses these days have high enough RES that -aga spells don't really cut it anymore, and that's going to become more common. I haven't made 2nd copies of other -ajas yet, but that's because i've been getting all my current -ajas to r4. Now i'm done with that, so I will probably start making 2nd copies soon. Also, running a full mage team with no healer where everyone has Drainga is a viable strategy, though I have no plans to do that anytime soon myself (takes too many Greater Dark Orbs).

As for Full Break, i honed mine to r3 and i regret it. I often don't even bring it to Ultimates because i only have room for one support skill in my load out and I'd rather have Magic/Power Breakdown. Hell, I didn't even bring that for U. LeBlanc. I had Tyro with Banish Strike to dispel LeBlanc's buffs and Tempo Flurry to apply Slow. No Breaks used at all (though now that i think about it, LeBlanc being IMMUNE to MAG break really influenced that decision). I really wish i had the Major Lightning Orbs i used honing Full Break to r3 back.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So the subreddit mods just banned all discussion altogether. lol

I guess it's time to move on... people will either pay into the game or not at this point and Dena will do what it does.

Noi

Not really ban, just limit the amount of topics made about it so that its not the one topic dominating the subreddit.

I'm probably gonna send them a mail too, if just to let em know dat it ain't cool.

Grzi

Wait, people are really using Elite dungeons as a barometer for the strength of their teams?

I don't even bother setting up mine for those even the 140 difficulty ones, just check if Ruinga is there and if I have what's needed for the boss conditions.
140 difficulty in Elite is NOT the same as 140 Ultimates. It's much easier.

WarAdept

So the subreddit mods just banned all discussion altogether. lol

I guess it's time to move on... people will either pay into the game or not at this point and Dena will do what it does.

It's still there. It's just consolidated into one Megathread (that is now unstickied, might have to go through a page or 2).

Any strategies for the FFX-2 Ultimate? I tried taking protectga, shellga and stoneskin 2 but I can't seem to get any character more than half dead before stoneskin 2 wears off and I start getting wrecked.

Dragner

Any strategies for the FFX-2 Ultimate? I tried taking protectga, shellga and stoneskin 2 but I can't seem to get any character more than half dead before stoneskin 2 wears off and I start getting wrecked.

The problem is probably that Leblanc has a mass dispel after a number of turns, and after you take it you have a high chance of dying. So you have to blind ormi and take her down.

If you have native wall, you can RW Wakka SSB that makes the fight much easier, just hit leblanc to trigger draw fire then wakka ssb then destroy leblanc.

If you kill her fast enough you can ignore shellga and bring dispel or banishing strike to get rid of the buffs.

Falk

that puzzling face
The 140 Ultimates are supposed to be difficult in that you'd have to give up some ability charges for the trash and still have to deal with the boss. Healing, if nothing else.

Nowadays, however, trash is just lifesiphon fodder and then you get to the boss as if you had a dozen Mako Might RMs that stacked.

Noi

The one dungeon elite boss that I'd say scratches the event elite surface is FF3's Leviathan. That guy is really fast, can self-buff himself with protect and haste, hits like a truck (3k+ Blizzagas w/ Shellga), can petrify, has a sizeable HP pool and gets two moves per turn. Significantly harder than any other forms of Levi, even 4's Ogopogo. The rest of the 140 elites aren't too tough though.

I got a response from my email to DeNa. Same general reply as what everyone else has gotten, though I do appreciate that they do take the time to read your email, since they addressed specific things I said, rather than just give a stock response to everyone.

WarAdept

The one dungeon elite boss that I'd say scratches the event elite surface is FF3's Leviathan. That guy is really fast, can self-buff himself with protect and haste, hits like a truck (3k+ Blizzagas w/ Shellga), can petrify, has a sizeable HP pool and gets two moves per turn. Significantly harder than any other forms of Levi, even 4's Ogopogo. The rest of the 140 elites aren't too tough though.

I got a response from my email to DeNa. Same general reply as what everyone else has gotten, though I do appreciate that they do take the time to read your email, since they addressed specific things I said, rather than just give a stock response to everyone.

Oh you got one actually addressed to you? I thought everyone got the same general one that's been posted.

Noi

Oh you got one actually addressed to you? I thought everyone got the same general one that's been posted.

It's the same general formal email really, even has the "Please be assured, that there is no significant change made for the drop rates for the featured relics on this banner, compared to the previous ones, and each featured relic in this banner is distributed at the designed rate" part, but there are parts to it that refer to specific things I wrote in the email rather than the entire thing being a stock response. Makes me feel a bit appreciated, even I know the person who replied themselves can't do much, heh.

Razmos

I just did a single pull and got the Ice Rod (FFT). Not bad, always good having a mage weapon and the boost to ice damage is pretty cool

Magemeta is coming back!
Thank goodness. This game loves giving me mage stuff.

*builds a shrine to Lulu's Hairpin*

Who cares about 5*

MELTDOWN
Honing that will probably be an ordeal though. (But I am excited about it.) I just hope they give us some broader elemental options, and maybe some included status effects too. And now we need a mage comparable Shout SB. (That I can stack with Focus please.)

Dragner

You can do meltdown(or any other 6*) viable if you use a restore ability sb like Aerith SSB.

But thats like the only good restore ability SB, and its not that great.

Falk

that puzzling face
Technically Kefka's Magic Infusion is mage shout, albeit a little different in terms of power.

The problem with mage meta isn't stats, it's efficiently building SB gauge.

Grzi

What characters are you using?

Yuna with the double summon RM (from Garnet) and Maduin and Valefor did wonders for me, as did Auron with Yukikaze and my R1 Flashing Blade lol (I used his RM that gives him a chance of activating samurai skills twice in a row). Hastega and Wall is all you need other than that, AoE spam works really well. I didn't lose a single medal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom