• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

DejectedAngel

Neo Member
Yeah AOE works wonders I went single target and suffered because draw fire bullshit

Really? I had so much trouble AoE because I'd knock them all below half-health at about the same time. Not fun as you might have guessed.

I used Blindga on Sephiroth (made easier by its charges following the WM charge -increase pattern) and had basically no problem. Blindga may do no damage, but the 60% chance is worth losing it for.

Tyro carried Banishing Strike and Protectga, Yuna carried Curaga and Shellga. That was all the mitigation I needed with Blindga.

I only have single target SSBs so I took them down 1 by 1. Triggered Draw Fire, then try to blind+slow everyone while going to town on Leblanc. I ate a No Love Lost but still only lost one medal. Didn't bother with Dispel at all. I didn't have Tyro alive when I took down the 2 goons

I do have natural Wall, Medica, and Hastega though. Went with a Shout RW

ability wise it was I think:
Squall: R4 Tempo Flurry, R3 Lifesiphon, SSB
Red XIII: R4 Magic Breakdown, R3 Blindga, Lunatic High
Tyro: R3 Slowga, R1 Blind Shell, SG
Yuna: R4 Curaja, R3 Shellga, HotF
Rinoa: R4 Waterja, R4 Ruinga, SSB

hesho

does anyone have a problem with adding friends? I am trying to get more advance users but when i go to the friends list to add a friend's code, my keyboard doesn't show up and it just kicks me back to the previous menu. I have rebooted my tablet and the game multiple times and i still can't get my keyboard to show up to input the friend's code..

any suggestions?

Kain

Oh, so I got Ramza's wristband. The SB is kind of rad, with a Shout and a FB it can do 6x9999 damage plus 100% interrupt.

Took down the ultimate, took me as many times cycling through roaming warriors for SG/SS as it did S/L the battle when I finally got my low out correct. Had to try three different load outs before finally getting one that worked

Tidus (needed tempo flurry and a blinding move) with spiral cut SB (coincidentally spiral cut took down Leblanc when a draw fire popped up and she was almost dead)

After she was gone, the load out made the rest of the fight easy. Protecga and my second SG which worked until it was just ormi. Ran out of abiities, but no one died so I only lost 3 medals and got the champion.

It makes me realize just how many more power orbs I need. More lifesiphon!

That Reddit meltdown is really something. I feel bad for the people that dumped all their mythril into this banner. Thankfully I never played FFT so I didn't really have any interest in this banner, and my 100 gem got me that SB for Ramza. Just sucks that such loyal players were shafted like this.

Dragner

At least in their new email responses they are starting to imply there may be changes to the gacha system. At lest in terms of transparency.

It could be a maneuver to win time and see it things chill but at least is not 'Rates are fine GTFO loser' automated bot response.

Brandson

Oh, so I got Ramza's wristband. The SB is kind of rad, with a Shout and a FB it can do 6x9999 damage plus 100% interrupt.

I was surprised by that too. It's surprisingly good, generally more potent than Red XIII's SSB. Ramza also being able to use Ninja abilities and Banishing Strike helps with some elemental mastery conditions, so a spellblade user or knight isn't necessarily required in those situations anymore. He really provides a lot of flexibility to party formation.

I spent 150 mythril on this banner, and I only got the Nu Khai Armband, both of the rods, and the robe. I was disappointed, but i did not give up. Been spending 5 mythril since the banner has been up, and i just hit pay dirt! Got the Platinum Sword! So don't give up if you really want it.

Kouriozan

So jelly of JP right now...

S6ZHLBe.png

ummgmm7.png

Can't unhear Aria Di Mezzo Carattere.

Dragner

That Celes BSSB is gamechanger to mage meta, Its another stackable MAG buff, it stacks attack also but is not that scream teams need more, usually you go way over cap, and theres HoTE is you fall short.

Wazzy

Banned
Gonna try and take down Leblanc crew Ultimate before it ends(I've been so busy with work lately that I haven't had time to focus on clearing it) and was wondering if this setup is okay.

Squall 80 Blasting Zone SSB

Tidus 65(I can bring him to 80)

Y'shtola 65 Stoneskin II

Quistis 65 Mighty Guard

Selphie 80 Trabia Light

For abilities I'm bringing Magic breakdownand Blindga(only at 4 charges)on Quistis, Diaga and Curaja on Y'shtola, Slowga and Curaga on Selphie, Dark Buster and power break on Tidus and Blizzara strike and Fira strike on Squall since they're honed quite far.

Oh and Shout as RW.

With the abilities I have is there any changes anyone here would make?

Kain

Gonna try and take down Leblanc crew Ultimate before it ends(I've been so busy with work lately that I haven't had time to focus on clearing it) and was wondering if this setup is okay.

Y'shtola 65 Stoneskin II

Quistis 65 Mighty Guard

Selphie 80 Trabia Light

For abilities I'm bringing Magic breakdownand Blindga(only at 4 charges)on Quistis, Diaga and Curaja on Y'shtola, Slowga and Curaga on Selphie, Dark Buster and power break on Tidus and Blizzara strike and Fira strike on Squall since they're honed quite far.

Oh and Shout as RW.

Too much mitigation I think, I would trade Selphie for a damage dealer, don't you have Auron at a respectable level? Give him Yukikaze and some other AOE attack and go to town.

Just pop Mighty Guard, Shout and Stoneskin and pummel Leblanc.

Y'shtola 65 Stoneskin II

Quistis 65 Mighty Guard

Selphie 80 Trabia Light

Oh and Shout as RW.

With Stoneskin and Protectga, I didn't bring any Breaks or Breakdowns at all (each one resists different ones). Stoneskin and killing Leblanc quickly should mitigate pretty much all magical damage, and SS+Protect+Blind is more than enough physical mitigation. Also, I'd hone Blinga maybe once or twice more and ditch Dark Buster entirely. I'd honestly swap Tidus's abilities out for Tempo Flurry and Poison Buster. Tempo Flurry and Double Cut should be pretty ridiculous with Shout. If you have decent-ish X synergy, you should be able to easily break the damage cap with Shout + Double Cut.

You seem fairly slim on damage output, honestly, so poison could be one way to get around that somewhat. AoE abilities are another solid option, if you have any.

Grzi

Should ask Grzi about Fusion Sword.

Holy shit months later and I still giggle :D

Because of that I don't have anything to do in the game now besides run dailies and wait for events lol

And I've started playing a bit more than three months ago.

What characters are you using?

Yuna with the double summon RM (from Garnet) and Maduin and Valefor did wonders for me, as did Auron with Yukikaze and my R1 Flashing Blade lol (I used his RM that gives him a chance of activating samurai skills twice in a row). Hastega and Wall is all you need other than that, AoE spam works really well. I didn't lose a single medal.

I tried a couple of setups with Gilgamesh, Tidus, RedXIII (I have his wall) Vivi, Yuna and I also tried dumping RedXIII for YShtola for StoneSkin 2.

Blinding Omri kind of helped, but it seems really inconsistent how long the blind lasts. In terms of AoE I have R4 Valefor, R5 Ramuh/Shiva/Ifrit, R2 Quake and R1 Ruinga. I could maybe try to hone something else up.

Wazzy

Banned
With Stoneskin and Protectga, I didn't bring any Breaks or Breakdowns at all (each one resists different ones). Stoneskin and killing Leblanc quickly should mitigate pretty much all magical damage, and SS+Protect+Blind is more than enough physical mitigation. Also, I'd hone Blinga maybe once or twice more and ditch Dark Buster entirely. I'd honestly swap Tidus's abilities out for Tempo Flurry and Poison Buster. Tempo Flurry and Double Cut should be pretty ridiculous with Shout. If you have decent-ish X synergy, you should be able to easily break the damage cap with Shout + Double Cut.

You seem fairly slim on damage output, honestly, so poison could be one way to get around that somewhat. AoE abilities are another solid option, if you have any.
Okay thanks!
Too much mitigation I think, I would trade Selphie for a damage dealer, don't you have Auron at a respectable level? Give him Yukikaze and some other AOE attack and go to town.

Just pop Mighty Guard, Shout and Stoneskin and pummel Leblanc.
I have Auron with his SB and he's decently levelled so I can put him in over Selphie or Tidus?
Lifesiphon for Squall?
I'll put that on him thanks!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh, I'm curious - how does Shout meta work for normal elites? Does it basically rely on having high hones to be able to clear the trash content on the way to the boss, and then just bursting bosses with Shout and as many SSBs as possible?

Dragner

Oh, I'm curious - how does Shout meta work for normal elites? Does it basically rely on having high hones to be able to clear the trash content on the way to the boss, and then just bursting bosses with Shout and as many SSBs as possible?

I just lifesiphon the trash and then SSB the bosses to oblivion, I basically only cast one FB and one Armor Break for all the fight.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I just lifesiphon the trash and then SSB the bosses to oblivion, I basically only cast one FB and one Armor Break for all the fight.
It just seems kind of crazy because there are sometimes trashmobs with like 5 enemies... so you basically need everything to be like r4/r5?

Kaiterra

Banned
Heh, saved U. Leblanc for the last minute and took them down on the first try without losing any medals. I'm definitely down with this SSB meta.

RW: Shout
L80 Sephiroth (Shadow Flare): Shimmering Blade, Bright Armguard, Muscle Belt - Darkmoon, Yukikaze - Lionheart
L80 Lightning (Crushing Blow): Warrior's Sword++, Genji Helm, Muscle Belt - Lifesiphon, Bladeblitz - Ace Striker
L58 Agrias (Hallowed Bolt): Celebration Blade, Wizard Armlet++, Muscle Belt - Lifesiphon, Banishing Strike - Knight's Charge
L80 Tyro (Sentinel Grimoire): First Goal, Bright Armguard, Omega Badge - Magic Breakdown (should've taken Full Break really), Armor Breakdown - Mako Might
L80 Yuna (Dragon's Roar): Full Metal Rod, Wizard Armlet, Gauntlets - Curaja, Slowga - Dr. Mog's Teachings

Didn't proc Blind on Ormi until my third Yukikaze, which left me with only one use to go, which left me thinking I'd be boned if he used Draw Fire to cure it, but I plowed through the fight so fast while having him slowed that he wasn't able to wipe it off anyway. Logos refused to be blinded though and nearly killed Tyro with a focus fired Hail of Bullets while I was getting off my second SG.

MrDaravon

The one dungeon elite boss that I'd say scratches the event elite surface is FF3's Leviathan. That guy is really fast, can self-buff himself with protect and haste, hits like a truck (3k+ Blizzagas w/ Shellga), can petrify, has a sizeable HP pool and gets two moves per turn. Significantly harder than any other forms of Levi, even 4's Ogopogo. The rest of the 140 elites aren't too tough though.

I actually just did that one today, that was pretty rough. With mitigation up his damage wasn't too bad against me, but it took me forever to kill the thing. Just barely missed Master for that round but obviously got full Mastery on all of the run-up rounds so still Mastered the dungeon anyway. Also while not as bad the current last (?) FF4 dungeon where you fight Ogopo (sp) is pretty close, actually pretty similar in a lot of respects to the leviathan fight.

Currently the one Elite dungeon I'm kinda putting off for right now is the FFV one at around 130 difficulty that has the boss that you can only do magic attacks to. I don't have a super strong full/mostly full mage team really, I'm sure I could cobble one together and probably do it but I'll probably put that off until one of my last ones.

Falk

that puzzling face
Finally scraped 3000 Jewels together and did my pull:

gzeitgJl.jpg

Nice! Yuffie seems amazing (same defense ignore as Beast). Too bad I already max leveled the same Cloud earlier - this one is one star higher in ranking. What do I do now to combine/whatever you do with them?

Just kept playing until I had enough. I think I'm.at stage 70 or something. Be sure to check the special dungeons as you can get heels there too

... I just got to that point, and keeping in mind you get one guaranteed 5*:

moDPalpl.png

FFRKGAF probably having a laugh at my expense.

Thought you guys would find this hilarious.

Falk's luck spans across different multiverses.

Must resist 5 YOLO pulls for Lulu's SSB. Why some SSB never comes back? That's terrible...

The 5 minutes before her SSB would be gone forever made me cave in. Now I have a Jecht's Bandada. How good it is? I forgot. :/ With my usual luck I should be sitting here with 3 5* for my 25 Mythrils so I won't complain, but seeing the screen shake really made me believe for a second!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom