• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucaMac

Got myself a platinum swords on my 4th single pull on the banner...I've definitely been having a great streak lately. Fairly kitted out for mage and physical parties now...I think I'll genuinely only pull for chances at BSSBs now...theres nothing else that would improve my teams massively.

Dragner

Im only pulling for synergy right now and all my rupees then will go to the BSSB banner with Bartz BSSB and Tyro BSSB. Then maybe waiting for Gilgamesh BSSB.

Making a mage team is also on the waiting list, but that can wait.

Grzi

I'm pulling for characters I like (Shadow, Squall, Beatrix) and attacks with pretty animations (Lightning). That's probably it untill BSB Fest.

Yuna with hymn of the faith (AOE curaga with mass regen
Or
Minwu with his SSB (instant full heal)

If it helps, I also have gilgamesh's SSB (which has AOE regen on it)

Trying to optimize my team and gameplay.

FFMafia

Is there an analysis or consensus on what banners to pull from now until BSB fest, and when is BSB most likely to occur? Like 3 months from now?

Dragner

The burst is actually medium...outside of enabling mixed teams with the entering attack the burst commands are quite boring. Its on the weakside unless you need exactly that effect. Then its awesome.

Dragner

Is there an analysis or consensus on what banners to pull from now until BSB fest, and when is BSB most likely to occur? Like 3 months from now?

The consensus is:

Relm banner 2 for mage meta.
Basch 1 for physical.

Desch event has strong relics for a niche realm.

Kuja banner 2 has a bit for everyone and overall good strong relics.

FFMafia

The consensus is:

Relm banner 2 for mage meta.
Basch 1 for physical.

Desch event has strong relics for a niche realm.

Kuja banner 2 has a bit for everyone and overall good strong relics.

Thanks! I kind of knew about the relm and Basch one. I'll have to look into the other two. The Kuja one is paired up with Maduin's horn no? I don't think I even know what desch. Time to do some research!

Dragner

Maduin horn is on relm banner 2 (next week) with kefka's cloak and Celes SSB.

Desch event is for FFIII has a clone of Bartz SSB, hastega, a good SSB for arc with a unique effect. Its a pretty nice banner.

Brandson

Has Basch ever gotten any character balance changes in Japan? He would be an appealing white mage replacement if he ever got some way of curing.

MrDaravon

Still not sure if I want to save my mythril for Relm 2nd banner or further try my luck on FFT for any of Ramza's relics. I already have Maduin's Horn, would be hoping for Celes or Relms items.

I think I'll burn mythril in the xii banners as all I have for that realm is a shared medica staff. Thankfully I do have 3 4++ weapons that are competent, but I need a lead weapon.

After that I'm going to try to hold tight for the next banner festival with the occasional nightmare lucky pull in the interim. My party is way overpowered at this point and I see no need, other than to check some missing shnergy boxes. That said I'm going to try to ignore the iii banner despite having nothing for that realm.

Looking forward to saints cross tonight. I am lacking an sb ssb for a knight 5, but that will come in time I expect.

Kaiterra

Banned
Building up another 50 mythril before the Tactics banner goes away.
I'm preeeeeeeeeeetty sure I can pull the Fusion Sword on it...

Balphon

Celes in japan gets BSSB, and KNIGHT 5!

Going to steal Golbez's Magic Lure champion crown.

I like how the bouquet almost hits Strago in the face.

Yuna with hymn of the faith (AOE curaga with mass regen
Or
Minwu with his SSB (instant full heal)

If it helps, I also have gilgamesh's SSB (which has AOE regen on it)

Trying to optimize my team and gameplay.

Minwu's is stronger and the instant cast helps with the kind of burst AoE healing that's usually needed. You'll get more HP overall from high regen, but there are other sources of it (one of which you have).

Do insta-cast SBs like Minwu's SSB and Yuffie's Clear Tranquil still insta-cast when used as a FS? Also, are there any that aren't Medicas?

Going to steal Golbez's Magic Lure champion crown.

I like how the bouquet almost hits Strago in the face.

Minwu's is stronger and the instant cast helps with the kind of burst AoE healing that's usually needed. You'll get more HP overall from high regen, but there are other sources of it (one of which you have).

So Minwu if I need even quicker healing and don't need summon backup. Yuna if I need summons

Wazzy

Banned
I missed out on Leblanc U :( was at work and tried to do it on my break but rng was shitty in that time. Oh well.

Working on new dungeons since I beat everything in Tactics event so far.

ccbfan

Trying to figure out how to implement Yuffie (Have her Medica) on my Shout team.

I was running SSB/Shout Meta with

Pecil
Seph
Agrias
Vanille - Have her Protecta Medica
Tyro - Have his SG

All three attackers have pros and cons.

Seph has the best SSB but terrible equip options and skill (I have no clue what to put on his 2nd slot)

Agrias has the worst SSB except for AOE situations but her skills and stats are the best out of the three.

Pecil's kinda in between.

I'm think of running Agrias or Pecil depending on the situation and using Yuffie as the third attacker with her Medica.

Too bad she doesn't have lifesiphon.

Negator

Mirror of Equity is not a great option. I believe it is 30% and it will overwrite the 50% buff from Scream.

My Sephiroth is equipped with R4 Lifesiphon and R4 Flame Blossom. He is the least versatile and probably the first to go when I get something better.

Dragner

Trying to figure out how to implement Yuffie (Have her Medica) on my Shout team.

I was running SSB/Shout Meta with

Pecil
Seph
Agrias
Vanille - Have her Protecta Medica
Tyro - Have his SG

All three attackers have pros and cons.

Seph has the best SSB but terrible equip options and skill (I have no clue what to put on his 2nd slot)

Agrias has the worst SSB except for AOE situations but her skills and stats are the best out of the three.

Pecil's kinda in between.

I'm think of running Agrias or Pecil depending on the situation and using Yuffie as the third attacker with her Medica.

Too bad she doesn't have lifesiphon.

Out Vanille, put protectga on P.Cecil (or shellga) and run yuffie with TR and dismissal. Can also use tyro as healer with full break, if need breakdown can put a steal on yuffie.

MrDaravon

Working on trying to clear out all of the Elite Dungeons, I'm up to 154 Stamina :O. Off the next 4 days from work so I'll min/max my Stamina usage there, so with that I'm hoping to maybe be fully caught up in 1-2 weeks tops? Super tempted to just use mythril for refreshes to get it done even faster but I know that wouldn't be a good idea. Orbfest has ruined me :(

Anyway I'm going to try to knock out Omniscient since it's my last FFV dungeon. From leveling during Orbfest I shoullllld have enough mages at 65 to run through it. Two questions for anyone who has done this (this is a fairly recent dungeon, I think the last update before the one we just got?):

-I don't have Carbuncle but everyone says it's a must (along with Dispel) since he has no AoE spells apparently. I haven't bothered crafting Carbuncle but I certainly can, my question is do I need to get it to r2 or would r1 be sufficient? With my orbfest leveling I can probably run mage meta now but I never have before and I don't want to overspend for hones if I don't need to.

-On a similar note, would having all of my characters with a r3 -ja and a r3 -ga spell be sufficient enough to actually kill him, or am I going to need to get some stuff to r4? I'll need to check but I think I've only got one RM that guarantees a Black spell per stage (Mana Spring) along with maybe 2 or 3 others that give a 50% chance (Mana Spring I, Concentration I for WM, the one that Fusoya has etc). My thinking here is I'll give one person Ruinga which I have at r5 Mana Spring II and have them be responsible for clearing all the trash up to the boss, then have everyone else unload at the boss.

MrDaravon

R2 Carbuncle would be useful so you can reapply if you can't kill fast enough.

if you are running mages R1 could be enough, he is fairly soft

Soft like pudding??

Anyway I just got home and I see that Carbuncle is only a 4* Summon so I'll just hone it to r2. I was mostly asking because for some reason I thought it was a 5* Summon and Major orbs are obviously much more of a scarcity/resource than Greaters are. Gonna try this once I have enough Stamina, this will be my first real all mage party excursion. God bless you Orbfest leveling and Lucky Draw/SSB Banners for getting me enough mage gear and levels :D

Pejo

Man I'm going back through all the classic dungeons I've missed out on for the past few months with my powered up team, and it's SO much easier than the last time I tried them. I just got to the 6 bomb boss for FFV realm, that they cast arise on all the other bombs when one goes down. Took me MANY S/L's to get a round where a single/few bombs didn't suicide, throwing off my "kill all at once" Strategy and going into a near infinite loop of bomb raising. That was a real shitty boss, not looking forward to it on Elite.

greyshark

Man I'm going back through all the classic dungeons I've missed out on for the past few months with my powered up team, and it's SO much easier than the last time I tried them. I just got to the 6 bomb boss for FFV realm, that they cast arise on all the other bombs when one goes down. Took me MANY S/L's to get a round where a single/few bombs didn't suicide, throwing off my "kill all at once" Strategy and going into a near infinite loop of bomb raising. That was a real shitty boss, not looking forward to it on Elite.

Just bring silencega (I think it's required on elite anyway) and it prevents arise from ever happening.

Balphon

Silence one for the medals and just stand there until they all kill themselves.

You can alternatively try to silence them either one at a time or all at once with something like seal evil and kill them quickly while they are silenced.

RIGHT!? The game is so much better now with a higher level team and soulbreaks. I'm enjoying it a lot more. Also, Vanille's new Record Materia is a game changer.

MrDaravon

RIGHT!? The game is so much better now with a higher level team and soulbreaks. I'm enjoying it a lot more. Also, Vanille's new Record Materia is a game changer.

Vanille's RM3 seems pretty great, but I'm hesitant to spend one of my last two lodes to get her MC2 since I don't have any relics for her whatsoever. I'm guessing the main appeal of this is to keep auto-battle teams during daily's etc alive right? I'm still burning through dungeons so I'm not at that point yet.

Balphon

Turned out that I had more trouble with Wiegraf than Belias.

So, just like FFT.

Now to decide whether to blow a bunch of eggs on Ramza and Agrias for their RM2s. Leaning toward no, since I don't think I'll need the second copy of Ace Striker anytime soon.

Ultimate mastered.o Brought pencil with saint cross r3, wish I had a knight with a soul break other than Edgar's bio blast. Was tempted to r4 Alexander and nuke the battlefield but thought I'd try out a few new toys. Bartz' Excalibur+ with saint cross does crazy damage even without a boost or break on. Mmmm

ZangBa

Belias was definitely the easiest Ultimate so far for me. I just used a mage team. Since my AoE is much stronger there, I destroyed them.

Egg'd Ramza and Agrias to 80 right away since they will be in my main team. Made Saint Cross R3 but didn't even use it versus Belias, lol.

My orbs are now in a drought. I'll pobably use mythril refreshes for the next orbfest.

Noi

One major holy away from Saint Cross R3. Guess I'm spending the rest of the day in daily instead of doing the Ultimate.

Edit: Magic Pot drops a major orb. Dark Orb. Dangit FFRK, i wanted the other one!

MrDaravon

Got Elite Omniscient down no problem :D. Makes me feel confident I can pull off Mage meta if I need to for an Ultimate or whatever. I even forgot to bring Dispel >_>. Just went in with Krile, Hope, Terra, Vivi and Yuna all at 65+ with okayish RS gear and didn't really have any problems. I got Carbuncle to r2 but I killed him before the first one wore off. All of my spells were at r3 and I didn't run out, but no way I could have done a second full cycle or anything. Having Terra's and Hope's SSBs was a big help for straight damage, also had Double Venomcast (?) SB for Vivi which isn't huge but certainly was a bigger help than his default. 31 Elite dungeons to go! If I min/max Stamina that means I might be able to knock them all out in about a week.

Did Gaffgarion's battle but that's all I had Stamina left for, I'll do the rest tomorrow. I hope I can do the Ultimate on this one, haven't had much luck with the last couple. Most people seem to be saying this one is pretty easy, but then are posting their team compositions and I don't have most of that stuff lol.

ZangBa

Got Elite Omniscient down no problem :D. Makes me feel confident I can pull off Mage meta if I need to for an Ultimate or whatever. I even forgot to bring Dispel >_>. Just went in with Krile, Hope, Terra, Vivi and Yuna all at 65+ with okayish RS gear and didn't really have any problems. I got Carbuncle to r2 but I killed him before the first one wore off. All of my spells were at r3 and I didn't run out, but no way I could have done a second full cycle or anything. Having Terra's and Hope's SSBs was a big help for straight damage, also had Double Venomcast (?) SB for Vivi which isn't huge but certainly was a bigger help than his default. 31 Elite dungeons to go! If I min/max Stamina that means I might be able to knock them all out in about a week.

Did Gaffgarion's battle but that's all I had Stamina left for, I'll do the rest tomorrow. I hope I can do the Ultimate on this one, haven't had much luck with the last couple. Most people seem to be saying this one is pretty easy, but then are posting their team compositions and I don't have most of that stuff lol.

He's vulnerable to slow, blind and poison, so there's a few ways of neutering him. You could probably do it with a mage team depending on your ability hones. He's a lower difficulty level than other ultimates so he's balanced for the lack of RS.

Mastered the tactics ultimate with this team,

12963840_10154742751058989_6491044192105927567_n.jpg

Yes retaliate + advance again. It's just the best. The demons went down super fast and so did the boss. Really no problemo.

WOW. I squished this Ultimate like a tiny bug. Super Soul Break is real.

The + battle was harder for me because COUNTER EVERYTHING.

Clod starts with Shout, Laguna does her Desperado for 100% slow on all (and many damage), Fran attacks for Holy damage and Auron does flashy samurai thing. The mini bads get one attack each, one of which missed, haha. Auron and Fran both have Breakdown Soul Breaks (Auron Attack/Defense, Fran Attack/Magic), so combined with the ACTUAL Breakdowns, dude was doing 200 damage a clip. Oh, plus I poised him early on.

f7IPOem.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom