• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tidd

2nd Ultimate down! FIRST TRY again. Didn't even check my equipment and just used used what I had equipped on them. It's not like I have any useful FFT equipment.

This was my party + Shout RW (what else?)

RaDwm9l.jpg

Setup Wall, Shellga. Fulfill the Holy condition. Lifesiphone. Use Shout and SSBs and of course don't forget to heal when it is necessary and renew your Wall. Fight would've been a lot easier if Zack would've slowed him from the beginning. At least now I know that I should create another Lifesiphone and hone Gilgamesh one to R3 or R4.

Thank you Banner 5! <3 Back to Kingdom Hearts.

Noi

No medals lost on Belias. ezpz.

edit: I didn't even swap to MAG gear that optimize puts on Yuna for some reason. Guess I didn't need the extra mind!

Wall + Protectga + Shellga + Focus + Divine Guardian + Magic Breakdown = No Medals Lost

The two Ice Rods I got were actually really helpful too. Blizzaja & March of the Moogles all day.

Kenai

I also one shotted Belias with full Mastery. Swapped out Garnet with Ramza and Shout meant Seph + Bartz + Steiner swept through with fury. Selphie was pretty bored unless he used Lich.

I kind of wish the Ultimates were more relaxed with the stamina cost so I could mess around with other teams like the Nightmare dunegons, but that 60 entry fee with make sure I continue to pull no punches. Get rekt goat.

Belias went down without too much of a struggle. Had to S/L once because everything decided to attack Pecil on the first turn. Ramza fell early on in my second attempt due to Karma followed by a quick gigaflare. Even without his support skills Belias was only doing a couple hundred after Wall/Shellga/Yuna SSB and Agrias SB. Overall the fight was pretty easy and I ended up loosing no medals.

1 shot Belias (U). Bladeblizt+Meteor got the adds down quick. Lost one medal in Actions taken and Damage. Probably could have gotten full medals if I brought in a magic break and given bladeblitz to Greg (who was using advance RW). Pretty easy Ultimate.

Uggg! I beat the Ultimate, but screwed up by not hitting one of the dudes with a Holy attack. For some reason, I had always thought Steiner's Sword Art Stock Break (AoE SB) did Holy damage. Now I have to redo the fight and make sure to smack one of them with Banishing Strike.

image.php

Kain

Agh, I beat the Ultimate very easily but couldn't master because he Cycloped Vivi and Penelo. I'll try with Rinoa now, fuck Vivi.

I'll tackle Belias U after KH finishes downloading.

I had to play since RKGAF Is playing!
I've fallen so far down the rabbit hole of mobile gaming. Right now, I have Marvel Future Fight going on auto on a tablet, while I'm alternating between playing KHUx on my laptop and FFRK on my phone. @__@

Wazzy

Banned
You're just going to pull 10 Squalls anyway
It's what I'm hoping for!
I've fallen so far down the rabbit hole of mobile gaming. Right now, I have Marvel Future Fight going on auto on a tablet, while I'm alternating between playing KHUx on my laptop and FFRK on my phone. @__@
Ugh me too :( I had to basically quit the other ones I was playing because there was too many at once.

Razmos

Power Breakdown
Counter Judgement Blade - 3700 damage

Yeaaaaah
Fuck Wiegraf

His damage output is beyond ridiculous, he is killing at least one party member literally every time before im able to get any mitigation up at all. He'll soften them up with a basic attack AND an aurablast before I can take a single action, and then finish them off with an AoE attack before the next action.

Why is he so fucking fast?
And then he gets hit with a slight breeze and counters with Judgement Blade

Falk

that puzzling face
I just read "counters physical" and "counters magic" in Dr Mog's speech and trotted Greg in for retaliate.

Kain

Power Breakdown
Counter Judgement Blade - 3700 damage

Yeaaaaah
Fuck Wiegraf

His damage output is beyond ridiculous, he is killing at least one party member literally every time before im able to get any mitigation up at all. He'll soften them up with a basic attack AND an aurablast before I can take a single action, and then finish them off with an AoE attack before the next action.

Why is he so fucking fast?
And then he gets hit with a slight breeze and counters with Judgement Blade

Bring Greg and don't get too greedy with your attacks or else he will counter you to death. Space them out a little bit and you'll win. The Ultimate is easier.

Dragner

draw fire works well vs giegraf, also dont start attacking until you have mitigation up, for the speed he is weak to slow so tempo flurry works pretty well.

Brandson

Also, Vanille's new Record Materia is a game changer.

After I heard about her RM3, I went from never using Vanille at all, to burning both of her memory crystals, levelling her all the way to 80, and her RM3 didn't drop. I'm now forcing myself to use her on easy parts of events until it finally drops. Frustrating.

Easy Ultimate...Alexander and Saint Cross destroyed the fiends. Worst killshot EU:

qxKXUMIl.png

Not sure why they reverted back to the old front end screen - looks so plain in comparison to the anniversary one.

Uggg! I beat the Ultimate, but screwed up by not hitting one of the dudes with a Holy attack. For some reason, I had always thought Steiner's Sword Art Stock Break (AoE SB) did Holy damage. Now I have to redo the fight and make sure to smack one of them with Banishing Strike.

https://assets-neogafllc.netdna-ssl.com/forum/image.php?u=320673&dateline=1426954939[IMG][/QUOTE]

probably because Beatrix's Stock Break does Holy damage.

Kain

Mastered! I sacrificed survival for raw damage (instead of Greg I brought Zack and instead of Divine guardian I used Shout as RW) and rushed down Belias. Poor sap never stood a chance.

Wiegraf keeps destroying me. I think I need to egg Ramza and Agrias up to at least 65 before I should attempt it again.

I watched a few videos of some jp players doing it and he seems to move a lot faster in global.

Made the mistake of thinking I'd get beatrix to build up meter for seiken stock break to hit holy and focus all attacks on belias, just got stomped. Retried bringing a wall rw and moving mako might from ysholta to beatrix then I stomped in one attempt.

:( late tactics till we meet again

That is a pleasant surprise. Hopefully they add the 90 stam dungeons in as well. That is some incentive to get seriospus again to run the dailies, that second set of stam shards ain't cheap. Plus periodic mythril and memory crystals. Very pleased with this news!

Kenai

What is this fat chocobo exchange thing?

Not super familiar with it myself, but it looks like a new type of currency specifically from the current daily dungeons that you can exchange for some pretty nice stuff. The rewards from the current dungeons are also reset so we can do our "first time clear" for the new rewards.

I am interested.

Credo

Does anyone have any tips for the Wiegraf fight?

Like Balphon and Razmos said, I just can't deal with the damage from him, even with Wall up and the regen from Garnet's Divine Guardian, along with her healing. I only got him to about half health before he managed to one-shot Garnet, who was immediately revived and then killed again, and it went to crap from there.

Kenai

Like Balphon and Razmos said, I just can't deal with the damage from him, even with Wall up and the regen from Garnet's Divine Guardian, along with her healing. I only got him to about half health before he managed to one-shot Garnet, who was immediately revived and then killed again, and it went to crap from there.

All of his attacks are physical so Protect stacked with Power breakdown is very nice to use with Wall. Iirc he is also susceptible to slow, and Draw Fire + Retaliate.

What is this fat chocobo exchange thing?

Greens drop randomly during the dailies scaled based in difficulty. They drop separate,y from orbs, so the same enemy can drop both. Trade in for an unlimited amount of 3 and four star orbs, including summoning, mats, gold, and eggs (I think eggs). Certain items are capped, five stam shards at 10k at then five more at 100k and then every so often a special category alows you a capped amount of stuff. Mythril mem crystals major orbs. Accessories. There will be some double xp times that you will want to put everything aside and run the dailies to stock up on greens, I get 900-1100 or so from a drop in the 90 stam dungeon, but they are very rare, maybe on,y a couple drops a day at most, but completing the dungeon nets you some anyway.

JTran2003

Draw fire and retaliate was how I mastered the fight. Very easy if you have a strong enough character that can use both. I used Auron for it. Most other characters had double strike. Still needed mitigation and heals for non melee attacks though.

Was able to complete ultimate but not master. Gave me more of a difficult time then I thought it would. Might try again to master later. Definitely made me realize I need a better wall like SG/SS2.

ccbfan

Don't know if ssb fest broke the game but the last three ultimates (ultima, ffx-2, fft) have been super easy.

Used three different strats for each, but the results are the same.

The game needs more end game content. Right now it's literally one battle a week that poses any sort of challenge. The rest are basically free myths and orbs. Getting kinda bored.

Balphon

The main problem is the strong and frequent counters so a strategy that circumvents them (i.e. using retaliate or reflect) will probably go a long way if your weaker members can't take the hits.

Wazzy

Banned
I love having this time to catch up on elites and grind dailies. Sometimes there's just too much going on in this game and it really slows down progress. I'll be extremely happy once I've cleared everything so I can just daily farm.

Retaliate + Draw Fire on someone like Auron or Gilgamesh. What I also did was bring a second character who can use retaliate(In my case Cloud) just to get some extra shots in. You could do a party of Retaliate people but I don't think a whole party is necessary. If you have any of the SSII, SG, MG, LH etc, SB's then it will make the fight even easier. Just bring Shout as RW so you take him down fast and hard.

Also bring Protectga for some additional protection and keep that Draw Fire up on Greg.

MrDaravon

I love having this time to catch up on elites and grind dailies. Sometimes there's just too much going on in this game and it really slows down progress. I'll be extremely happy once I've cleared everything so I can just daily farm.

Same. I'm almost tempted to burn a few mythril on refreshes to finish up the last Elite dungeons I have before Fat Chocobo hits so I'll be completely in the clear to just run Daily's at that point, but I know that's probably not a good idea lol. I'll have to see where I'm at when this hits, when I wake up Wednesday morning post-update I'll probably be super close to being done with them, probably be at 158 or 159 Stamina but I don't know how many non-shard dungeons I have left either.

I'll actually wind up getting enough mythril for a full 11-pull before FFT goes away but maaaaaaan I dunno if I want to or not. Want to pull on FF6, but getting ANY of Ramza's relics would be baller and would slot him into my best well-rounded party (replacing Red XIII). I'd planned on doing gem pulls on FFT buuuuuuuuuuuuuut yeah. Hm.

Noi

I did one last 50 pull on tactics and got jack. Learn from my mistakes.

I can't complain about the pull too much though, it got me two Nodachis so I could combine with my existing one to make a 4++ Katana that's super viable for X dungeons, as well as a Masamune Blade for my first VII Katana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom