• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazzy

Banned
Was gonna do paid but I'll just use 25 mythril. By the time Seifer comes I'm sure I'll be able to make it up to 450 and have a lot of pulls ready to go.

Is it two events before Seifer or just one?

Falk

that puzzling face
Seifer is the 4th event in line counting Hope's

edit: 4th, forgot II event probably not happening.

edit: GUYS THIS IS IT, THE MOMENT OF TRUTH

Summon (wooooooooooo)
5* 8
4* 77
3* 1321

I'm jealous. I've been getting plenty of 3*, but the 4* don't seem to want to drop very often. Looking at FFRKI it does look like the drop rate is a little lower for them than the other two, but it feels like I'm getting a disproportionate amount of Fire and Ice. Oh well, still have about 40 mythril to burn - we'll see how it turns out in the long run.

Falk

that puzzling face
AqSSdAHl.jpg

WHY

SO CLOSE TO 0/44

GOD

WHY

ASJDFKAJSDKFAKJSDFKAJSKFDASKLDFJALKSDFJLKASJDKF

uninstalling

Xetherion

My last Lucky Draw was two 4* and nine 3* items again, boo.

Edit: And of those 11 items, 8 were sold because i either already have ++ versions of them, or better gear with the same RS. With the amount of 3*/4* saturation my inventory has I think it might be time for me to stop doing 11 pulls and join the cult of 3.

elty

Guard's stick
Fran bow again

boooo, at least a mage weapon

Total:

Fran bow
Fran bow
Cecil Shield
Edward Harp
Aeris Stick
Balthier Gun
Terra Corset

Falk

that puzzling face
Oh my God I can't even begin to describe how I feel lol

Who knew that the biggest disappointment I'd ever feel about rolling loot in a gacha game is not rolling a crucial 0 5* in an 11 pull.

What a mad world we live in!

ZangBa

9 3*'s wtf, I got bodied. I did get Squall's Revolver, but I don't have Squall and don't know how to get him so... Oh well. I hope gunblades are considered swords.

Falk

that puzzling face
Gunblades are considered swords, and you can nab Squall in about a month.

And his MC1

And his MC2

God speed

Road

One 5*: Hardedge (VII)

And my reaction is: meh. Already have Butterfly Edge (VII). I leave the Lucky Draws disappointed. I still don't have any relic support SB at all. I would trade half of my twenty one 5* for any of the hastega or wall soul breaks.

FFRK first world problem, yep.

elty

Any point to keep two Fran's Bow? Don't really see the need of having two bows (also has a gun and official ball)

Falk

that puzzling face
I got Golbez's Rune Axe and Rydia's Ice Whip, how hype should I be

Also is this the last half-off event or is there one more?

... Very.

I wouldn't put my bets on seeing another one for 5 months to be honest (That one is 100% guaranteed since it's the anniversary event). Although weirder things have happened.

edit: Only problem with those are they aren't rods, so your choices in who can use them are limited at least till the event where you can recruit any 4 characters, but they're really good mage items.

ZangBa

Gunblades are considered swords, and you can nab Squall in about a month.

And his MC1

And his MC2

God speed

Sweet. I just looked him up, it says he is obtained from beating NORG. I guess I just have to progress some more, but I halted that to grind orbs since that's kind of important for a newer player like me to catch up.

Wazzy

Banned
Sweet. I just looked him up, it says he is obtained from beating NORG. I guess I just have to progress some more, but I halted that to grind orbs since that's kind of important for a newer player like me to catch up.
Unless I'm mistaken, Squall is obtainable beating NORG in his event, not the dungeons.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Htrr4tml.jpg

Sigh.
Again, I guess getting 3 is fine, but still no Advance, Boon, Lunatic High or Grimoire.

Strangely, I got 10 5* through the 4 draws this week... so I'm just going to assume to that I should take that as a sign and not do any draws until 5 months from now at the next event (would rather save all that mythril anyway).

MrDaravon

... Very.

I wouldn't put my bets on seeing another one for 5 months to be honest (That one is 100% guaranteed since it's the anniversary event). Although weirder things have happened.

edit: Only problem with those are they aren't rods, so your choices in who can use them are limited at least till the event where you can recruit any 4 characters, but they're really good mage items.

Rad! I don't even have Golbez yet lol. I'm using Rydia if nothing else so that's a plus.

I just wasn't sure if there was one more phase to this event or if this was the last one. Now that this was the last half-off pull I should just be immediately pulling when I hit 50 Mythril correct? Currently sitting on 24 after my half-off pull. Gonna level up some of this gear (I got some seemingly decent 4* items from this pull as well) and see if I can either level up or a bit or push on where I'm currently at in Classic dungeons. Hit a difficulty wall in the mid-30s for sure.

ZangBa

Unless I'm mistaken, Squall is obtainable beating NORG in his event, not the dungeons.

You are probably right, the website didn't list it as an event but that's probably it.

At least my healer got some good stuff, and a 5* katana. I just hope I can manage Cloud's MC2 with a little more orb grinding.

Road

Any point to keep two Fran's Bow? Don't really see the need of having two bows (also has a gun and official ball)

Bows can also be used offensively by characters such as P. Cecil, Bartz and Faris can use bows. I'd keep them separate just in case.

I got Healer Staff for Lenna and Cyclone Grimoire. Latter seems worthless as i don't and never intend to use Tyro, but first is good! Soul break isn't great but the stats and synergy are going to be super useful for FFV content.

8/44 for the overall event, definitely has given me a leg up!

Ph1 - Buster Sword, Aurora Rod, Giants Gloves
Ph2 - Shear Trigger
Ph3 - Vega32, Valiant
Ph4 - Healer Staff, Cyclone Grimoire

Wazzy

Banned
Falk you WOULD be disappointed you got a 5* LOL
You are probably right, the website didn't list it as an event but that's probably it.

At least my healer got some good stuff, and a 5* katana. I just hope I can manage Cloud's MC2 with a little more orb grinding.
You'll be able to get him from Seifer's event so no worries! He's pretty useful and you'll have an SB waiting for him. :)

I'm saving all my mythril for his SSB. xD

Vivi staff
Auron katana
6 4s, 4 of which are combinable, two for trash

3rd pull:
Cyclone grimoire

2nd pull:
Tidus brotherhood
Kain lance

1st pull:
Squall revolver
Selphie stick
Vanille binding rod

So 8 new unique reliecs. Unfortunately, viii and x are two realms I already had retaliate weapons for, and the selphie stick is that weird mind rod thing, so I'm really only looking at three weapons that are going to see a lot of action, the kain spear(which matches the partisan which I got in a terra gem pull), binding rod, vivi rod. I did draw a ton of four star equips, max combining a number of useful 4++ weapons and armors, so very pleased there. If I didn't have the Vegas and thyrus already, I would probably be pretty annoyed. I am annoyed that neither bmage equip goes to a summoner, three star vanille doesn't count.

Falk

that puzzling face
I just wasn't sure if there was one more phase to this event or if this was the last one. Now that this was the last half-off pull I should just be immediately pulling when I hit 50 Mythril correct? Currently sitting on 24 after my half-off pull. Gonna level up some of this gear (I got some seemingly decent 4* items from this pull as well) and see if I can either level up or a bit or push on where I'm currently at in Classic dungeons.

Throughout mid-game, the best strategy is to pull on banners your synergy is weak in. Chances of rolling useful items are still moderately low per 11-pull, but every 5* in a realm is a moderate-to-giant boost to how effective you are in it.

Try to aim for 1 offensive 5* in each realm. Especially stuff that Cloud can use, since he will melt faces retaliating (so that 1 5* boosts your entire party's damage by quite a bit with the retaliate meta)

MicH

Htrr4tml.jpg

Sigh.
Again, I guess getting 3 is fine, but still no Advance, Boon, Lunatic High or Grimoire.

Strangely, I got 10 5* through the 4 draws this week... so I'm just going to assume to that I should take that as a sign and not do any draws until 5 months from now at the next event (would rather save all that mythril anyway).
If you were only hoping to get those very specific relics you should have saved your mythril until there were rate ups for those. The chance of getting those four relics in these relic draws is ridiculously small. You got 10 5*! That's quite a lot for 100 mythril

So I guess the question is should I combine my two oak staff or keep them separate? With the amount of mages ff9 realms have I'd think keeping them separate would be best but I do have a judgement staff + for my healer. Would oaken on all summoner dagger or eiko be worth using?

Falk

that puzzling face
So I guess the question is should I combine my two oak staff or keep them separate? With the amount of mages ff9 realms have I'd think keeping them separate would be best but I do have a judgement staff + for my healer. Would oaken on all summoner dagger or eiko be worth using?

What are your other mage items like?

You really want 3 MAG 1 MND stick regardless of realm synergy (substitute with red sticks if you have any)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If you were only hoping to get those very specific relics you should have saved your mythril until there were rate ups for those. The chance of getting those four relics in these relic draws is ridiculously small. You got 10 5*! That's quite a lot for 100 mythril
As someone else said, it's first world problems. lol
I know people got zilch, but you can never be happy with this game. :p

I figured that the guarantee of a SB 5* was better than getting a 5* that is generic (I've gotten quite a few of those), so it's why I'm thinking of just saving mythril for the next one of these.

holy crap gaf.

in my 11 pull I received 3 5 stars.

Aeriths Guard Stick,
Lightnings Blazefire Saber

and the freaking Thyrus for Yshtola.

I burnt everything I had trying to get that on the ff14 event. Cant believe I have it now. Dreams can come true

What are your other mage items like?

You really want 3 MAG 1 MND stick regardless of realm synergy (substitute with red sticks if you have any)

For native 5 star weapons weapons I have

FFXIII Binding Rod
FFIX Oaken Rod x2
FFVII Guard Stick
FFV Judgement Staff +

Then I also have a FFVI Gravity Rod + is above light staff and judgement rod for mag but below the rest of my character gear

Defensively for mages I have

FFIX hypnocrown
FFXIII Golden Bangle
FFVIII Ten Gallon Hat +
FFV Hypno Crown ++
FFVI Royal Crown

MicH

So here is what I got from this event:

Phase 1:
Lullaby Rod (third one)
Healing Staff (Lenna's one)

Phase 2:
Sun Blade (nice for synergy)
Partisan (good)
Dark Armor (eh, not that good)

Phase 3:
Koketsu (good 5* katana!)
Grand Glove (ugh, already have a 6* Crystal Glove)
Giant's Gloves (ugh)

Phase 4:
Giant's Gloves (WHY)

Overall I'm happy. I got a lot more character relics than I thought I would- Unfortunately, I can't see myself using a lot of these as they are pretty much all mediocre. Oh well, still nice for 100 mythril!

Falk

that puzzling face
FFXIII Binding Rod
FFIX Oaken Rod x2
FFVII Guard Stick
FFV Judgement Staff +

That's pretty solid. I guess it'd boil down to if you want to destroy face in FFIX realms (2 Oak Rod) or be slightly better for everything else (1 Oak Rod+)

I'd proooobably combine them, but I run almost exclusively mage meta, so it may depend on your situation - like if you want to go for a balanced party in general and then burninate with mage meta in FFIX it may be better to keep them separate.

Got my second Binding Rod and Yuna's first weapon with The Sending SB. Total 4/44. The important is that I now have 4 weapon with more than 100 MAG and a great MND staff that is not my Judgment staff. With Yuna's weapon, I think that it's time to combine my 2 Judgment Staff.

johnsmith

remember me
Ended up getting 4 relicweapons total. Can't complain, I guess, but still disappointing seeing how some people got that many in a single pull.

ZangBa

I don't know if I should spend the 50 mythril I have now on the organics banner, or just save it for a better banner overall down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom