• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wiegraf still kicking my ass. Decided to move onto a Greg team and was doing marginally better, but ran out of abilities. Need to do more damage and faster.

I'll get this before the event is over, I swear...

Some of the Elite Dungeons are still freaking impossible unless you have a SSB for that Realm. It's so demoralizing, and I've been playing religiously since Day 1. I'm tired of grinding those Elites. I miss the orb fest. It's kind of fun grinding character levels tbh.

Dragner

The only elite I had problem so far was Jenova Death, that thing hits harder than most ultimates, but has crap defense and health at least.

But 3-4 attacks first turn including 2k aoes is kind of crazy. It took me some S/L to set up wall before dying, then was easy.

ZangBa

Some of the Elite Dungeons are still freaking impossible unless you have a SSB for that Realm. It's so demoralizing, and I've been playing religiously since Day 1. I'm tired of grinding those Elites. I miss the orb fest. It's kind of fun grinding character levels tbh.

What elite are you trying to do? All of them should be manageable with free gear. Advantilate works on 90% of them if you have to.

Outside of a few exceptions like dark bahamut, ogopogo, ff3 leviathan, and the recent update with the bosses that can aoe confuse your party none of the elites should really be that brutal.

MrDaravon

Outside of a few exceptions like dark bahamut, ogopogo, ff3 leviathan, and the recent update with the bosses that can aoe confuse your party none of the elites should really be that brutal.

Yeah, since SSB's hit there was only a very small handful of bosses that gave me any problems, more or less the ones you listed. It varied a bit depending on the specific realm and requirements, but I generally ran Cloud (Blade Beam), Tyro (SG), Terra (Magitek Missile) and Yuna (Hymn of the Fayth) all at level 72-80 with the last slot either being Red XIII (Stardust Ray) or Locke (Valiant Strike) both at level ~70 or a realm-specific character. Obviously YMMV, but since I had a native wall and medica I just wound up using Fenrir Overdrive as my RW like 95% of the time and just burst the bosses down. I definitely had some difficulty with some of the higher level elite dungeons (say 120+) prior to SSBs though. If you don't have a native wall or medica and need RW for that purpose though it gets much more tricky, but I still feel like someone with twice broken group would be able to clear almost all of the Elites regardless outside of maybe the hardest 5-10 or so.

Also I checked out Granblue Fantasy and went through all the hoops to get that set up etc, game seems pretty neat and obviously has production value. I'll probably mess around with it a bit more tomorrow, but I just don't know that I have it in me personally or time-wise to commit to two of these type of games at once.

Falk

that puzzling face

I mean, if you really don't want to learn the game you could brute force it!

Also I checked out Granblue Fantasy and went through all the hoops to get that set up etc, game seems pretty neat and obviously has production value. I'll probably mess around with it a bit more tomorrow, but I just don't know that I have it in me personally or time-wise to commit to two of these type of games at once.

Record Keeper is more of a nostalgia trip with some of the best balanced endgame content I've ever come across in a gacha game, while Granblue Fantasy is more of a solidified game experience with its characters, story, etc. Really depends what you're looking for with your time, to be honest.

(Brave Exvius is a cool balance between the two but it's not localized ehehehe)

Wiegraf still kicking my ass. Decided to move onto a Greg team and was doing marginally better, but ran out of abilities. Need to do more damage and faster.

I'll get this before the event is over, I swear...

I beat Wiegraf and Belias, but didn't master either. I'm trying to tell myself that the missing rewards aren't worth it and I have so much other stuff that needs getting done

I also did something only an ocd person would do: I used five Rosetta Stones on the Musk Stick so it'd be the highest MND staff outside RS. I'm not forgetting an AoE heal from another weapon/spell, am I?

Xetherion

100 gem on relm banner got me Strago's Morningstar!

I feel like i should note that i'm not giving DeNA any more money after the FFT fiasco, i just have a lot of gems left over from buying a Leviathan pouch during the last Lucky Draws.

Edit: also is Granblue Fantasy going to release on the english Google Play store? Looked for it and it's apparently only available in the japanese version still?

Pulled Edgar's Drill from the 100 gem pull. I pulled his partisan on a 100 gem pull some prior event. My 2 vi character relics are both edgar spears..hmmm. those plus the Zant + the 4++ crystal sword makes for a pretty solid offensive team, particularly since Bartz can wield a spear. Not sure I'd use the drill sb over the poison sb, but we shall see.

MrDaravon

Edit: also is Granblue Fantasy going to release on the english Google Play store? Looked for it and it's apparently only available in the japanese version still?

Guessing no, probably because of various licensing/collab things the game seems to have. All they did was add english text options to the JP release, game has been running for long enough at this point that they figure anyone who really wants in is either already in or that will be sufficient.

Edit: Used the last 100 gems I already had on my account and got my fourth FF1 Knight's Armor and my second one from 100-gem pulls, bizarre. Then got Strago's Morning Star off a 3-pull, not the best but not the worst. The SB on it seems solid even if the debuffs on it don't stack with say Full Break, too bad Strago doesn't get his MC2 for a million years though.

Noi

My penance for wasting my last 50 mythril on Tactics is no more gem pulls and only doing a single 5 mythril pull on every banner. Seems like a good way to both get new, varied relics and keep a nice mythril stock for later.

Pejo

Just hit 50 mythril tonight after grinding out the first half of the Realm event, decided to do a second 11 pull on the tactics banner and:

sindkI7.png

Well shit. Looks like Ramza just earned a spot on my main team. On a side note, this is the most 5*'s I've ever gotten in a single pull. I'm done spending mythril for a long, long while.

JTran2003

Just hit 50 mythril tonight after grinding out the first half of the Realm event, decided to do a second 11 pull on the tactics banner and:

Well shit. Looks like Ramza just earned a spot on my main team. On a side note, this is the most 5*'s I've ever gotten in a single pull. I'm done spending mythril for a long, long while.

Congrats! Wish I had your luck. Just hit 50 this morning and that netted me a FFT 5* rod... Really wanted something for Ramza but guess that just means he wasn't meant to be a main...

Kouriozan

0 off-banner?
You're challenging the statistics! And gratz :)

That is an epic FFT pull. Makes me want to try again!

Belias went down with no trouble, I found him much easier than Wiegraf but then I've been pretty lucky with AoE SSBs.

Dragner

Belias is easy, he is like Garland, a lower diff ultimate (130 vs 140) if you get fast the demons down he hits like a baby. I didnt heal a single time I had gilgamesh SSB up and that was enough.

black-kid-crying-gif.gif

Am cry.

Mmkay. Belias is tougher than I thought. My issue is that I don't really have any AOE SSBs (or many SSBs at all), so I have to rely on RW for that, which means I don't get any really good mitigation from RW.

I've gotten Belias down to about 1/4 health, but I ran out of mitigation, healing, and skills and was on autopilot until I got wiped. I just don't think I'm ready for it with the gear and abilities I have.

Mmkay. Belias is tougher than I thought. My issue is that I don't really have any AOE SSBs (or many SSBs at all), so I have to rely on RW for that, which means I don't get any really good mitigation from RW.

I've gotten Belias down to about 1/4 health, but I ran out of mitigation, healing, and skills and was on autopilot until I got wiped. I just don't think I'm ready for it with the gear and abilities I have.
Could you maybe try a mage heavy strategy? If you can hone Alexander to R3 (or even R2 supplimented by some other AoE magic like Meteor) you can take care of the adds easily and achieve the target score. Then just unload onto Belias with various high level spells. You only really need to worry about magic mitigation in the long run because eventually Belias switches to just using magic once you've damaged him enough, so if you bring Wall as your RW, that should be enough to soften the initial physical attacks from him and the adds near the beginning of the fight while stacking with Shellga and the breaks for magic mitigation as the battle progresses.

In short, have a dedicated healer with Shellga, a support with Magic Breakdown & Full Break, and three mages (A summoner for Alexander and another strong spell, someone with Meteor/AoE and a single target ja spell, and the last mage with two ja spells), I think this is a fairly obtainable strategy if you don't have any other options. If any of these characters has a Hastega SB, even better. (All while bringing Wall as your RW, as mentioned above. Alternatively if you have a native Wall, bring a Hastega RW, preferably one that boosts magic or resistance.)

Could you maybe try a mage heavy strategy? If you can hone Alexander to R3 (or even R2 supplimented by some other AoE magic like Meteor) you can take care of the adds easily and achieve the target score. Then just unload onto Belias with various high level spells. You only really need to worry about magic mitigation in the long run because eventually Belias switches to just using magic once you've damaged him enough, so if you bring Wall as your RW, that should be enough to soften the initial physical attacks from him and the adds near the beginning of the fight while stacking with Shellga and the breaks for magic mitigation as the battle progresses.

In short, have a dedicated healer with Shellga, a support with Magic Breakdown & Full Break, and three mages (A summoner for Alexander and another strong spell, someone with Meteor/AoE and a single target ja spell, and the last mage with two ja spells), I think this is a fairly obtainable strategy if you don't have any other options. If any of these characters has a Hastega SB, even better. (All while bringing Wall as your RW, as mentioned above. Alternatively if you have a native Wall, bring a Hastega RW, preferably one that boosts magic or resistance.)

This is another problem. I don't have any 5 star abilities except for Saint's Cross. I stopped playing for a while and got back in during the Advent Children event. I don't currently have the orbs to make things like Meteor and Full Break. I can make Alexander and maybe get him to R2, but that's just about it.

This is another problem. I don't have any 5 star abilities except for Saint's Cross. I stopped playing for a while and got back in during the Advent Children event. I don't currently have the orbs to make things like Meteor and Full Break. I can make Alexander and maybe get him to R2, but that's just about it.
A magic strategy does rely on a fairly healthy amount of homes so it could be a problem then. If you have enough ja spells to pass around though maybe you could swap Full Break for Mental Breakdown, and Meteor for another AoE like Ruinga or Maduin/Valefor but that would be dependant on whether or not you have the stats and hones to support the weaker skills.

I'd try advantaliate, frankly.
Or this. If you have one strong melee character able to retaliate you could take care of the adds with Alexander and then just try and wear Belias down. If you can keep Magic Breakdown, Shellga and Wall up all fight, his attacks are pretty manageable once he's alone.

MicH

I am the master of medicas. All your medicas are belong to me!

e8xWeXml.jpg

Decided to use the last of my mythril on a 3-pull hoping to get Shadow's SSB. Instead I got yet another medica. I now have Yuna's Hymn of the Fayth, Lenna's Princess' Favor, Selphie's Dreamstage SSB and now Relm's SSB. At least I finally have a good MND stick for FFVI.

Cult of three never fails!

Dreavus

So if it says "resist" when you try and use breakdown on a boss, that means it doesn't work right? I'm curious why the bonus objectives for the FFT ++ battle was to use Power Breakdown when he just resists it.

So if it says "resist" when you try and use breakdown on a boss, that means it doesn't work right? I'm curious why the bonus objectives for the FFT ++ battle was to use Power Breakdown when he just resists it.

Resist means its half as effective, null means it had no effect

Noi

Resist just means half effectiveness. Ex. Magic / Power Breakdown only debuff by 20% instead of the full 40%.

MrDaravon

e8xWeXml.jpg

Decided to use the last of my mythril on a 3-pull hoping to get Shadow's SSB. Instead I got yet another medica. I now have Yuna's Hymn of the Fayth, Lenna's Princess' Favor, Selphie's Dreamstage SSB and now Relm's SSB. At least I finally have a good MND stick for FFVI.

Nice! I'd really like to get Relm and Shadow's SSBs, but I'm low on mythril and I already have Yuna's Hymn of the Fayth (which to be fair isn't a SSB but handles the Medica role) and Locke's Valiant Knife SSB. Trying to hold out for Banner 2 since I'd really like to get Celes' SSB since she's one of my favorites. God damn the DeNA/FFT bullshit, was planning on doing gem pulls. Still might because I'm weak and I'm not as personally outraged about any of that as most folks, but ffffffffffffff

Unrelated gonna give Belias a go later tonight, just tapped out on Stamina and all I have left is the (current) last Relm battle and Belias. Hope I can do it, I swear to god I have falk levels of luck with Ultimate RNG, I've still only successfully completed one.

Grzi

Since I was planning to spend money on Kingdom Hearts Unchained but realized I couldn't since I'm from Europe, plus the game is not so good right now, I decided to do some 300 gem pulls on the two currently active banners. Didn't get anything, not even a 4*, but I don't care. These few days playing KHU and GBF just made me realize how amazing FFRK is, truly the best gacha game, gameplay wise.

Granblue Fantasy is actually really good as well, but I'll mostly be playing it for the world, story, music and character art. The gameplay seems fun but it doesn't hold a candle to FFRK.

Nohar

Gameplay-wise, frankly, FFRK is boring. The UI, while better than in the past, could still use some improvements, the game runs very badly on old smartphones, there has been the whole "DeNa changes the drop rates of the FFT banner" thing, and the only interesting bits of the game are the boss fights (and even then, it is mostly 50% preparations, 40% S/L and 10% actual playing time). When new events are released, my first reaction is "Ugh, I have to waste my time auto-battling those stages".

DeNa did a great job when it comes to sprites and abilities/Soul Breaks animations. But the rest? Simply boring. I was quite invested for a few months, but I play this game less and less, and I don't think I'll miss it once I definitly stop.

RK really needs a + difficulty for the regular dungeons so that people who are caught up would have a ton of content to work though. Currently people caught up just have the weekly events and grinding dailies of which the latter is fairly boring.

B.K.

I'm down to just 11 more Elite dungeons. I've got two left in IV and nine in V. I never thought I"d get those close to being finished with them. I had about 150 of them to do back around the first of the year. I've gotten busy going through Elites since the Christmas orbfest. I'll be glad to be caught up. It looks like the hardest ones I have left to do are Elite Exdeath and the two Fork Towers.

Bigrx1

Banned
RK really needs a + difficulty for the regular dungeons so that people who are caught up would have a ton of content to work though. Currently people caught up just have the weekly events and grinding dailies of which the latter is fairly boring.

Apparently there is some sort of expanded "multiplayer" that is going into beta this month. Not sure what that will be. And the improvement to dailies going into effect tomorrow will be good.

If the fat choco launches with an 2x greens day I will be sorely tempted to drop the mythril gained from the and possibly more to hit the ground running, that and since it will be windaily. 550k greens for stam shards isn't going to farm itself.

Dragner

e8xWeXml.jpg

You are goimg to own Cid Missions. I only have Dreamstage so Ill have to use my awesome shared 7* Esthar bracer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom