• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

Woooooooooooooo got Belias down second try :D. Got a bit lucky though, basically went in intending to burst him down and it more or less worked. Went in with this party:

o1iCsZt.png

RW - Fenrir Overdrive
Lightning w/Crushing Blow SB
Cloud w/Blade Beam SB
Tyro w/SG
Terra w/Magitek Missile
Yuna w/Hymn of the Fayth

First time I actually had Yuna get petrified off the bat so that was a S/L (I opted to try to go the S/L route so I didn't have room for an Esuna, and even if I did it probably would have been on her anyway). I was originally debating on bringing maybe Locke since I have Valiant Strike and a Spellbinder+ so he would have done absurd damage against Belias, but I was concerned about the adds since I don't really have any Summons and Ruinga would take a bit. Saw someone on Reddit make a good case for Crushing Blow in conjunction with the Kaiser Shield since it has increases lightning damage on it, and this turned out to be the key (and why I had Mako Might on her). First round Yuna cast Diaga on one of the adds for that medal condition, Tyro did SG and Cloud did Tempo Strike to slow Belias. Then between the boosted Crushing Blow and a Ruinga from Terra the adds were all already down to like 10% HP. Finished them up and just did my best to keep mitigation up and went to town more or less on Belias. Good times.

Also just found out Relm's RM3 also does the double XP thing, fuuuuuuck. I'm gonna have to egg her up to 65 I guess :/ (don't have a ton of eggs left haha). On the flipside I still haven't gotten Cid's double XP one yet (I just got him leveled during orbfest), and Relm's RM3 has no realm requirements so I can just throw both of them in a party and do Mako Reactor No. 5 or whatever it is. But now since I have literally no new content to do otherwise until they add new dailies I can go nuts doing that. Feels so good :D

Edit: Whelp, totally forgot Relm's MC2 is in the bonus battles and not out yet lol.

B.K.

Also just found out Relm's RM3 also does the double XP thing, fuuuuuuck. I'm gonna have to egg her up to 65 I guess :/ (don't have a ton of eggs left haha). On the flipside I still haven't gotten Cid's double XP one yet (I just got him leveled during orbfest), and Relm's RM3 has no realm requirements so I can just throw both of them in a party and do Mako Reactor No. 5 or whatever it is. But now since I have literally no new content to do otherwise until they add new dailies I can go nuts doing that. Feels so good :D

Palom does too. That means we can have three double exp Record Materias during the next orbfest. That will be nice.

MrDaravon

Palom does too. That means we can have three double exp Record Materias during the next orbfest. That will be nice.

Yeah I knew about Palom but somehow missed the boat on Relm having it. Yeah, that's gonna be super nice; I'm far enough ahead on leveling most folks to 65 in order of MC2 release that I do a full group when leveling so the double XP for one character is still obviously nice but not super critical. On the other hand though the chance for up to 3 characters in a full group to proc it is much more meaningful. Free XP either way though so I'll take it!

Realized that Ramza can equip Edwards harp, so I thought I'd try out a veil with him. Level 74, eds harp, dragon gloves and a +30 mag ac gets me to 378 mag with rs. Me thinking a water veil would do good damage! Nope 2600 per enemy. Back to auto attacking with the harp. Ho hum.

Balphon

Ninja magic is basically only worth it if you're going to benefit from the fact that it's AoE, elemental, and ignores res all at the same time.

Dreavus

Resist just means half effectiveness. Ex. Magic / Power Breakdown only debuff by 20% instead of the full 40%.

Resist means its half as effective, null means it had no effect

Thanks, this is really good to know!

Attempting to pull together a team for the FFT Ultimate.

I stupidly removed draw fire from my retaliator because I thought they'd be using only magic attacks (And I wanted to try the new knight ability), but then I got beat down by regular attacks! Currently waiting for stamina to give it another shot.

Do they attack with AoE physical attacks at all in this fight? If not I can probably forgo protectga and rely on Draw Fire to take care of any physical hits they use. I figure Divine guardian and Shellga and Magic Breakdown should be able to withstand the magic attacks they throw out.

Thanks, this is really good to know!

Attempting to pull together a team for the FFT Ultimate.

I stupidly removed draw fire from my retaliator because I thought they'd be using only magic attacks (And I wanted to try the new knight ability), but then I got beat down by regular attacks! Currently waiting for stamina to give it another shot.

Do they attack with AoE physical attacks at all in this fight? If not I can probably forgo protectga and rely on Draw Fire to take care of any physical hits they use. I figure Divine guardian and Shellga and Magic Breakdown should be able to withstand the magic attacks they throw out.

I always check the AI threads on Reddit. It's the absolute best way to prepare your team for a tough battle. Here's the one for Tactics.

To answer your question, Belias has an AoE physical during his normal phase that has 15% chance of being used on turn 2+.

The new Beginner Banner in the Japanese version is such a huge improvement over the current one. The banner itself has a lot of solid relics like Organics, Maduin's Horn, Golden Armor, etc, and the freebie list is amazing...

Sara's Hand of the Emperor equivalent
Leila's Boon equivalent
Arc's AOE heal
Rosa's robe
Faris's wallbreak
Locke's AOE slow
Red XIII's Lunatic High
Rinoa's AOE slow
Garnet's Leviathan
Yuna's Hymn of the Fayth
Ashe's second SB
Vanille's Blessing of Oerba
Thancred's dagger
Ramza's Tailwind

And apparently you can pull on this banner three times, so basically three bonus 5*.

Source

Kain

Hot damn those are good. Hymn of the faith (I have Penelo's crappy medica as my only source of AOE healing), Faris' FB thingy and maybe Locke's for me.

Grzi

(I have Penelo's crappy medica as my only source of AOE healing)

If you're talking about War Dance, it's far from crappy. The 30% attack boost is great if you're not running Shout, plus with Break Fever coming in the next event (AoE Full Break dance ability) and her MC2 not long after it, Penelo is a great character to have around.

Don't sleep.

Dragner

Penelo heal is really good, but is bad with shout. I prefer it over her SSB one for cid missions, where she is basically your source of boostga and it lets you use wall as RW.

Damn that japanese Beginners banner is good. I probably pull on that for Ramza armor, that never returns.

Kain

If you're talking about War Dance, it's far from crappy. The 30% attack boost is great if you're not running Shout, plus with Break Fever coming in the next event (AoE Full Break dance ability) and her MC2 not long after it, Penelo is a great character to have around.

Don't sleep.

The boostga effect is good, but the heal itself is on par with shared medicas, at least from what I've tested as she was healing in non FFXII realms for 1600 aprox, that's not much. Besides I tend to put Curaja+Protectga/Shellga in my healers, I don't see room for dances unless I run with Beatrix/Agrias or someone like that in my team. Very situational everything. I want an AOE Curaga :S (I know it's first world problems, but I want everything xD)

Frosteey

Neo Member
Hot damn those are good. Hymn of the faith (I have Penelo's crappy medica as my only source of AOE healing), Faris' FB thingy and maybe Locke's for me.

There is a 99% chance nearly everything on the banner is changed once it gets to global. Don't get your hopes up for anything that's on there right now.

Personally I'm choosing to set myself up for disappointment by hoping we get Lulu's Hairpin instead of Lullaby Rod. I would have thought something like that couldn't even be a possibility but having something on there at the level of Tailwind is pretty incredible.

Dragner

The boostga effect is good, but the heal itself is on par with shared medicas

No, it is not, penelo is h50, same as most other non SSB Medicas, hymn of the faith is also h50 for example.

Shared medicas are all cure level(h35)

With all the datamining happening now we can assume we will be missing the FFV collab event(expected).

But we are getting the Battle of Big Bridge event that Japan got last Golden Week, thats 20 more unexpected mythril for everyone.

FFMafia

If you've pulled on global beginner banner, once the Japanese new beginner banner makes its way over will I be able to pull on it?

Dragner

And that celerity and combat buff for tidus and lightning.

Now we have 2 more characters to the select group that can Chainstarter + Full Charge.

MrDaravon

And that celerity and combat buff for tidus and lightning.

Now we have 2 more characters to the select group that can Chainstarter + Full Charge.

What's this exactly?

Also did I read right that we're a WEEK of double greens starting Saturday? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Dragner

What's this exactly?

Also did I read right that we're a WEEK of double greens starting Saturday? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

2 skills that we will get in the Braska Event.

Chainstarter is a celerity 5 ability that is a 2.0 physical attack that makes you next ability instant cast.

Full charge is a combat 5 ability that is a 4 hit 4.68 that has a long ass casting time.

So the thing is that you combine them to get an insane amount of damage in a short period of time. Under haste you get 6.68 potency in more or less the time you use to cast a SSB, its pretty good.

hesho

so reading relic drops with the relm event... seems they did mess around with the tactics drop rate... colour me disappointed now.. Pretty sure they will do nothing and just wait for it to blow over too.

Dragner

Talking about drop rates, they increased the 5* drop rate to a whooping 13.726%. Its almost a 1% increase.

We have better rate that Japan right now. Crying over the internet boys!!!!

MrDaravon

2 skills that we will get in the Braska Event.

Chainstarter is a celerity 5 ability that is a 2.0 physical attack that makes you next ability instant cast.

Full charge is a combat 5 ability that is a 4 hit 4.68 that has a long ass casting time.

So the thing is that you combine them to get an insane amount of damage in a short period of time. Under haste you get 6.68 potency in more or less the time you use to cast a SSB, its pretty good.

Ah, that sounds pretty rad.

It kinda sucks that they seem to have increased the drop rate on the FFT banner now that most people have already blown so much on it. Maybe that extra .726% makes it worth another try.

Wait they improved the FFT banner pull rate?

According to the data from the JSON but who knows. I totally understand why some people are angry. They are not angry at the change of rate of course, we all happy about it. It's doing it in the middle of a banner that is frustrating for them.

Did I misunderstand or misread thinking that mobs can drop Greens like they drop potions and Ethers? Because after a full stamina bar I have seen 0.

Edit: oh wow I got one from one mob on Easy after Stamina refilled a bit... Is the drop rate really bad or it's just unlucky morning?

Mobs drop greens, I've had three-four drops for this stam bar. On low stam runs, so doesn't add up to much, 1613 including the rewards from 30/45/60/30/45

Love the update, but this summon buff is going to wreck the difficulty level even more than it was after sssb fest. Need a challenge dena

With all of the talk of increased drop rates, I went against my previous post and did a FFT 11-Pull.

Second Physical Attacking / Third Total SSB!
Steiner, I love you and your Stock Break but you have been replaced good sir.

I'm swimming in FF6 physical relics now:
Assassin's Dagger (RS 173 ATK), Crystal Sword ++ (RS 179 ATK), Zantetsuken (RS 188 ATK), Soul Sabre + (RS 218 ATK), Kiku-ichimonji ++ (RS 230 ATK), Partisan (196 ATK), Holy Lance (179 ATK).

However,
while I can't be salty at all about getting an off banner relic here. I just still wonder if I could have gotten Ramza's or Agrias's non-SSB relics instead...

Jarekx

Maybe they did this so they can kick back some myth at everyone without it seeming like it was over the FFT fiasco.

Or it's just DeNA making mistakes as usual. Probably that.

Balphon

Maybe they did this so they can kick back some myth at everyone without it seeming like it was over the FFT fiasco.

Or it's just DeNA making mistakes as usual. Probably that.

Ninja changing the rates mid-banner is arguably just as bad as ninja lowering them between banners.

Though the fact that the increases drop rate seems to be related to the fact that valiant knife was added to both banners makes it seem like a screw-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom